Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Gold Chop Chop, Metallic Wrecking Ball, Green Scorp opinion.
Page 1 of 1
Gold Chop Chop, Metallic Wrecking Ball, Green Scorp opinion. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 15:33:54 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I have the three Skylanders listed above, loose. I was thinking of selling each for 100, since they're opened. I just need opinions from fellow Skylander fans. Do you think they would bring that?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 15:42:45 27/03/2015
Honestly? No, not opened. Probably north of $50 and ending around $75 IMHO.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#3 Posted: 16:50:54 27/03/2015
I've bought loose versions of 2 of those listed. Didn't pay more then 80.
SSA Variants normally go for around 70-80 if they are open.
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#4 Posted: 17:55:50 27/03/2015
Pm sent
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 18:09:22 27/03/2015
I see what you did here. :D
#6 Posted: 22:56:51 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
We'll Gold Chop I wouldn't do less than 100 for. I can maybe see that being the case with metallic Wrecking Ball and green Scorp, however.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 23:12:08 27/03/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
We'll Gold Chop I wouldn't do less than 100 for. I can maybe see that being the case with metallic Wrecking Ball and green Scorp, however.

Gold Chop Chop can't be legitimized and is easy to "fake". I wouldn't touch it, even if in a box because I've seen people do that too.

Do these figures have the matching unused stickers and card?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:14 27/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#8 Posted: 23:14:34 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah but this is me. I bought it for my son way back, from a local Walmart, but he doesn't care about it. Heck, it's been sitting in my room on display since I bought it. One needs only look at my collection to validate it. I have better things to do than lie.
---
#9 Posted: 23:15:57 27/03/2015
Not speaking of you, just saying in general. If you've bought this from a store and are original owner, that's good news. I thought you sold your variants long ago.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:33 27/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#10 Posted: 23:27:54 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I sold my variants except for the gold chop that was opened, because I had one that was sealed already. However I don't display what variants info have anymore, so getting rid of the uber rare variants, while keeping the ones like pumpkin eye brawl, glow cinder, sonic boom, etc.

I did buy it from a local walmart back in late 2011 early 2012. Couldn't believe the employee was willing to put it on the shelf. Ever since, it's been sitting on my variant shelf.
---
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#11 Posted: 03:32:06 31/03/2015
You "couldn't believe the employee was willing to put it on the shelf", yet you ripped open the package and tried to give it to your son? And this just happens to be gold Chop Chop, one of the characters who is notorious for being faked? Look, you might be telling the truth, but you shouldn't get more than 10 bucks for it. Heck, I have as many gold Chop Chops as anyone wants if people are willing to pay a premium for them. Trust me, they are all legit. I have better things to do than lie.

NOTE: I'm not actually selling anything, just trying to make a point.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:33:13 31/03/2015 by Friendzie
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#12 Posted: 03:57:46 31/03/2015
You do have to realize that he found this back before the whole craze started, when the first variants came out and employees couldn't give two ****s about these figures.
---
words. letters. filler.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#13 Posted: 05:27:41 31/03/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
You do have to realize that he found this back before the whole craze started, when the first variants came out and employees couldn't give two ****s about these figures.

That's exactly right. Back then nobody even knew that these variants even existed or were intended. I just spent a few minutes looking at the first few pages of topics on the SSA forum. I found this:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=43462

I think this is the thread where GameMaster posts about finding his gold Chop Chops. Prior to that he was posting about whether or not an Ignitor with a mispainted face was a rare variant, and how he checked every 3DS box for more mispainted figures. I think it's pretty likely that GameMaster did own plenty of rare figures from SSA era, and nobody has much reason to doubt this considering his previous level of interest in variants.

What rubs me the wrong way is that the retelling of the story is obviously embellished. Of course an employee didn't scoop up the variant. The only reason GameMaster got it was because he was completely obsessed with variants before anyone else was. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's totally cool. But people have a very legitimate point and a very legitimate concern when it comes to the gold figures. Why not just acknowledge that? No reason to change the story.

Anyway, sorry if it sounds like I am attacking you, GameMaster. It was actually fun to look back at those old topics.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 10:37:03 31/03/2015

Exactly. Most employees claimed that they were fakes and/or that they didn't exist.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#15 Posted: 12:34:28 31/03/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Exactly. Most employees claimed that they were fakes and/or that they didn't exist.

From a practical standpoint, because these are easily recreated, and the fact that there's no in game verification that can be done makes these hands off variants for me. I did however buy Pearl Hex and Purple Metallic Cynder from the first game because those at least have the card and a tougher paint job. I was actually urprised when Golden Flameslinger came out from Amazon...granted it's a different coat--but at least it has a chip verification with it.

I would love to get the GITD and clear variants of SSA, but they're now beyond priced well out of my range.
---
#16 Posted: 18:11:09 31/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Well someone was interested in the gold Chop Chop, but haven't heard back, so guess I'm putting it up in Ebay for 80 or so bucks.

I think - THINK - my son played with it, so it might not be at lvl 5 with 2100 gold, but the toy is authentic, as I have pics of my collection with it displayed (zerox101 photobucket).

Remember when I detailed the situation I'm facing? Well, things seem to be falling in place for me, at least financially. I'm back to getting nearly 2000 a month, and I'm in talks with an agent about my scripts, so I'm back to doing not 4 of everything, but three. I got rid of my kids collection since they seemed to stop caring, but now for some reason, my daughters regained a lot of interest in Skylanders. I'm missing 63 for them to have all Skylanders again, which is why I'm selling the gold Chop Chop, Metallic Wrecking Ball, and Green Scorp.

Heck, I'd even trade a bunch of needed Skylanders for all three. It's not money I need, it's landers to finish out re-getting my daughters collection back.

The ones my daughters are missing are -

SSA -

Dark Spyro
Legendary Bash
Terrafin
Slam Bam
Sunburn

SG -

Ninjini
Crusher
Thimpback
Hothead
Bouncer
Eye Brawl
Swarm
LC Shroomboom
LC Jet Vac

SF -

Hoot Loop
Trap Shadow
Freeze Blade
Wash Buckler
Blast Zone
Fire Kraken
Magna Charge
Spy Rise
Night Shift
Free Ranger
Boom Jet
Grills Drilla
Grim Creeper (non LC)
Bumble Blast (non LC)
Windup
Hyper Beam Prism Break
Turbo Jet Vac
Fire Bone Hot Dog
Rip Tide
Punk Shock
Fryno
Smolderdash (non LC)
Countdown
Roller Brawl
Scratch
LC Star Strike
LC Wham Shell
LC Smolderdash
LC Countdown
LC Grim Creeper
LC Warnado
LC Bumbleblast

TT -

Cobra Cadabra
Fist Bump
Trailblazer
Tread Head
Food Fight
Head Rush
Snap Shot
Kaboom
Jawbreaker
Tuff Luck
Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz
Full Blast Jet Vac
Legendary Bushwhack
Love Potion Pop Fizz
Winterfest Lob Star
Thumpling (red base)
Weeruptor

I'm mainly wanting to get what I can from the first three games, as TT stuff is still easy to find.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:13:45 31/03/2015 by GameMaster78
#17 Posted: 20:38:16 31/03/2015
Actually, SSA and SG is still easy enough to find...with some exceptions...very cheap too (even N.I.B.). Biggest pain right now are Swap Force reposes.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:39:18 31/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#18 Posted: 21:41:02 31/03/2015
Pm sent
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me