Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Think We'll see a Power A "Trap Team" Storage bag?
Page 1 of 1
Think We'll see a Power A "Trap Team" Storage bag? [CLOSED]
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#1 Posted: 19:03:34 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I didn't really care so much about buying exclusive storage cases for my skylander stuff but the exception has been those Storage bags http://www.toysrus.com/product...rentPage=search
They've made one for adventures, Giants and Swap Force. While I think they are too expensive compared to the other options (i usually wait till one shows up on ebay for 5-10 dollars.) they haven't seem to made one for Trap Team yet.
When I've gotten these in the past I've considered them the perfect place to put the cores from that series into them and it seems to work nice like that. The Gimmicky one's (swappers and giants, tap masters) they go into one of those plastic containers that are 3 dollars at walmart and I couldn't think of a more perfect place to put them in.

So I guess while I still consider myself "new" to skylanders and unlike most series i'm not in the know... But did these storage bags come out the same time as the games or did they come out later in the lifespan of that game?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 20:12:20 26/03/2015
They have made one, and I've only seen it inside a TRU store. It basically looks like a treasure chest. So, I'm personally disapoointed with the design aesthetics after seeing the character designs/logos of the previous entries. They could've also had a way to store the traps in it and had an alternate solution to the $20 trap case TRU sells. I use these to store my guys as I only have one glass case and that basically fills up every game. I don't buy these things until they are $15-$20, and right now this one is $30.99. (Total rip off pricing).

I'm hoping they will eventually show up on line...this game has been weird in terms of PowerA's participation.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:15:05 26/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#3 Posted: 20:42:35 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
They have made one, and I've only seen it inside a TRU store. It basically looks like a treasure chest. So, I'm personally disapoointed with the design aesthetics after seeing the character designs/logos of the previous entries. They could've also had a way to store the traps in it and had an alternate solution to the $20 trap case TRU sells. I use these to store my guys as I only have one glass case and that basically fills up every game. I don't buy these things until they are $15-$20, and right now this one is $30.99. (Total rip off pricing).

I'm hoping they will eventually show up on line...this game has been weird in terms of PowerA's participation.

The Treasure Chest was released before Trap Team it was around the time of Swap Force they even have a mini version of it.
I have considered getting it and just calling it for the Trap Team case for the cores however like you i'm not paying that price for it, I'll go as high as 15 for it but wouldn't consider a penny more. I did just get the Mini version of it for 7 dollars (on ebay) and i think i'm going to just use it for all the special magic pieces and adventure packs.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:01:32 26/03/2015 by Street50
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#4 Posted: 21:10:30 26/03/2015
I would like a case that can store ALL the traps. Currently, I'm using the 2 holders from the regular and Dark starter packs. It's working but it would be nice if there was a single solution.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 22:56:09 26/03/2015
They don't release special cases for each game anymore, they focus on "Skylanders" instead of "Skylanders: XY". The bags usually come with the game release or shortly after it. In this case the treasure chest case is indeed the latest skylanders case of this kind.

I quote (from a brand day):
"Create a merchandise program that is cohesive and timeless;
Universal, franchise logo is not title specific"
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#6 Posted: 01:22:47 27/03/2015
Yeah, this made me mad. I always liked to buy them on clearance for the next game. I store my cores in the tackle boxes and whatever the gimmick characters are go into the duffel bags. When I saw the generic chest bags and blue tackles, I bought extras of the Giants duffels and SF tackles for Skylanders 5.
#7 Posted: 01:33:59 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Well I was seeing the chest back with Swap Force when I finally decided I needed to buy something for storage then when I realized I could get the Adventures and the Giants and the Swap Force bags for around 5-10 dollars on ebay I was like that was a great way to organize them and I'd like to keep this trend.
But If the last one to come out will remain Treasure chest I will get the yucky out of place treasure chest for the trap team but skylanders 5 or above it's going to be those 2-3 dollar containers at walmart like i had been doing for the gimmick characters.
#8 Posted: 02:07:25 27/03/2015
Quote: myskylanders
They don't release special cases for each game anymore, they focus on "Skylanders" instead of "Skylanders: XY". The bags usually come with the game release or shortly after it. In this case the treasure chest case is indeed the latest skylanders case of this kind.

I quote (from a brand day):
"Create a merchandise program that is cohesive and timeless;
Universal, franchise logo is not title specific"

I didn't know we had quotes and they switched directions. I'm kinda bummed about their now simplistic approach. I just thought they were just giving up. I'm also wondering if this reduces their licensing requirements. I'm also betting that they are releasing new cases more infrequently now, and probably not in line with the game's release (why bother if it's not game specific). May explain why people saw this a few months before release. I personally find the Swap Force cases the best looking, and the treasure chest absolute crap.

Quote: GamerDrone
I would like a case that can store ALL the traps. Currently, I'm using the 2 holders from the regular and Dark starter packs. It's working but it would be nice if there was a single solution.

See, PowerA totally missed the boat here. ten loops that can store traps WITH the figures? I bet they would've had a hit. I gave up and just got two trap storage units for the spillover traps. Trap Team screamed for a good solution, one more minimized than the $20 trap case for the "average" consumer. On the flip side--a collector storage case for those "doing them all" would've been nice. In the end, they served neither.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:13:21 27/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#9 Posted: 04:21:18 27/03/2015
Just to clarify Power A did release a Trap Holder:

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...27429592&sr=1-3

(the company listed, BDA, is a parent or sister company of Power A).

I was really disappointed with the treasure chest bag (I have at least of the branded bags for each of the other games) until I bought one. To Power A's credit, the new bag is much bigger than the older ones, which is better for holding the large Trap Masters. The "portal" pocket also could be used to store traps if needed. My only complaint about the bag is that it doesn't have a flat pocket for cards and stickers.

I originally hated the generic treasure chest look of the bag, but I now love the bag itself because it is roomy and a great bag.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 13:44:40 27/03/2015
Quote: stoat2337
Yeah, this made me mad. I always liked to buy them on clearance for the next game. I store my cores in the tackle boxes and whatever the gimmick characters are go into the duffel bags. When I saw the generic chest bags and blue tackles, I bought extras of the Giants duffels and SF tackles for Skylanders 5.

I kind of wondered if this was exactly the reason they changed from title specific to generic. Toys R Us put on clearance anything that was title specific. Much of that made it all the way until they reached 70-90%. I've also seen the Giants soft cases being dumped at Bargain Hunt stores. When I saw that they were releasing generic cases, it was about the same time that TRU was marking all the old stuff down. Even then I wondered if stores put pressure on them or they just realized it would be better to have generic stuff instead of putting out a bunch of title specific stuff that would just get clearanced out.
#11 Posted: 14:15:04 27/03/2015
Quote: BP
Just to clarify Power A did release a Trap Holder:

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...27429592&sr=1-3

(the company listed, BDA, is a parent or sister company of Power A).

I was really disappointed with the treasure chest bag (I have at least of the branded bags for each of the other games) until I bought one. To Power A's credit, the new bag is much bigger than the older ones, which is better for holding the large Trap Masters. The "portal" pocket also could be used to store traps if needed. My only complaint about the bag is that it doesn't have a flat pocket for cards and stickers.

I originally hated the generic treasure chest look of the bag, but I now love the bag itself because it is roomy and a great bag.

So, what is the TRU "exclusive"? The trap box looks the same except for what appears on the inside lid.

I guess you could use the pockets, but not terribly organized. I'll break down and get one as I am concerned about these huge trap masters slamming around in a small bag and those plastic swords look ready to come off if abused.
---
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#12 Posted: 12:26:46 28/03/2015
Pretty sure the one made looking like a treasure chest was the one they made this year.
#13 Posted: 14:40:42 28/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: stinkbomb29
Pretty sure the one made looking like a treasure chest was the one they made this year.

yeah it seems that way based on what everyone else is saying. I saw it like I said back with Swap Force and while It seems to being pushed during Trap Team I didn't want to accept it. But I think I have to accept it now that things are going to stay this way for these types of bags. Though I'll also take maybe a guess and say they still might make other kinds of bags but they won't include the name of the recent game. It'll just be Skylanders.

The Treasure chest I think is ugly looking and will be out of place vs. the previous 3 but I'll get it when i can find one for 15 or lower.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:09 28/03/2015 by Street50
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me