Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Rarity Question [CLOSED]
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 00:59:50 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
So, it's obvious why some figures (S2 Hot Dog, Echo, Kaos Trap, etc.) are low in stock and have high(er) prices in 3rd party stores; it's because not many of them were made. But I still see some of the most easy to get skylanders selling at a inflated price on ebay and amazon, even in the used section at Gamestop, such as Turbo Jet-Vac and S1 Trigger Happy. Does anyone know what's up with that?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:00:43 26/03/2015 by The Bone Chompy
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2 Posted: 01:01:38 26/03/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
So, it's obvious why some figures (S2 Hot Dog, Echo, Kaos Trap, etc.) are low in stock and have high(er) prices in 3rd party stores; it's because not many of them were made. But I still see some of the most easy to get skylanders selling at a inflated price on ebay and amazon, even in the used section at Gamestop, such as Turbo Jet-Vac and S1 Trigger Happy. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Because money
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#3 Posted: 01:03:02 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersspyro

Because money

...bruh. I just wanted to know why some random skylanders are selling for high prices, but are very common.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#4 Posted: 02:06:02 26/03/2015
You're not going to get a straight answer because there is no right answer to the question. It's simple economics...if there's a market and demand for a higher price point, a product will sell for a higher amount. Then prices will adjust accordingly if there's overstock. The used market fluctuates quite a bit and not all things make sense.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#5 Posted: 02:31:47 26/03/2015
Not to mention that people just tend to think their stuff is valuable "because it is."
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
blade430 Green Sparx Gems: 427
#6 Posted: 03:45:14 26/03/2015
I think it's because a lot of amateur sellers and traders usually don't know much about what they're selling, so they assume that what they have is of some value, which is not true. I just recently saw 4 water traps go on sale for around $40 on ebay last time I checked..........
---
"And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!"
-Dimentio
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#7 Posted: 04:50:49 26/03/2015
Are we talking about something being priced high or actually selling for the high price? Most Skylanders won't sell for more than the original price, with only a few exceptions. If Amazon has something listed at a high price, that's likely because only an Amazon Marketplace seller has one, and is purposely listing it high hoping to take advantage of someone. If you look up a figure on eBay, check completed listings and the lowest priced auctions for a better feel of what something is selling at. There's often someone trying to sell their stuff for way too much money, but that doesn't mean anyone's buying. I've been using eBay since 1999, and you rarely sell anything for more than what the lowest priced auction is at.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 05:59:17 26/03/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

Because money

...bruh. I just wanted to know why some random skylanders are selling for high prices, but are very common.

Cause the seller is slow to catch on, or simply wants to find a buyer at that price. I think Amazon sells to the lowest seller, so there's some incentive for them to bring it down. Some people can afford to wait and get the price they want. Remember there has to be both a buyer and a seller at that price...just because they ask for a higher price doesn't mean they will get it (isn't that prophetic).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#9 Posted: 14:02:03 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok. That makes sense. I just found it stupid that I see Turbo Jet-Vacs going for $25+ on ebay and amazon, and people are actually buying them.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 20:27:41 26/03/2015
I'm finding out that the reposes in Swap Force are actually very much tougher to find than SSA or SG. I know b/c I'm in the market to buy a few and I am finding the same thing. I guess you can wait for another year or so and see if backstock comes filling in like they did for SA or SG. I do recall the box mix not in the reposes favor either.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:37 26/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 23:19:29 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
I'm finding out that the reposes in Swap Force are actually very much tougher to find than SSA or SG. I know b/c I'm in the market to buy a few and I am finding the same thing. I guess you can wait for another year or so and see if backstock comes filling in like they did for SA or SG. I do recall the box mix not in the reposes favor either.

I'm not that patient...smilie I'll wait though. Turbo Jet-Vacs Wow Pow seems so much better than Full Blast's. It's (hopefully) worth the wait.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me