Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear host) fired by BBC
Page 1 of 1
Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear host) fired by BBC [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1 Posted: 16:30:47 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Story here.

Personally I can only see this as the right thing to do. I enjoy Top Gear and Clarkson as much as the next guy, but I think it was kind of ridiculous that a million people (no seriously) signed a petition to get him back on the show even though he berated and assaulted another person. Duck Dynasty guy mentions not being pro-LGBT and everyone calls for his head. Clarkson beats up at guy after several minutes of yelling at him and everyone thinks it should be forgotten.

Top Gear will probably be boycotted now because people think that because you can make some good jokes, it's ok to beat someone up for something as silly as not getting the food you wanted. It's a real shame that the show, May, and Hammond may have to suffer because people are so willing to forgive an act.

What do you think?
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#2 Posted: 16:46:16 25/03/2015
Just as I was reading an article about this in a newspaper, I saw this topic just posted here.

I think the sacking was a good idea(Clarkson's always been a bit of a controversial guy) as some of his jokes went over the line, even though other things such as the cars and various other things made up for it, sort of. I think the BBC will try to get a new host(probably Chris Evans from Radio 2, is it?) especially due to the series popularity. Regarding the producer incident, its simply stupid to verbally abuse someone for like 20+ mins as well as beat them up for half a minute over the fact that a hotel didn't serve hot food anymore. However, it'll be interesting to see where Top Gear goes after this.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#3 Posted: 18:35:03 25/03/2015
I don't know what'll happen to Top Gear, seeing as Jeremy acted as the 'main guy.' I would've liked to see him stay, but oh well.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 18:47:07 25/03/2015
I honestly feel really bad for May and Hammond.

They know that the show will just collapse in on itself without Jeremy Clarkson, but they've essentially just lost their own jobs (Top Gear was probably their main source of work / money) because of some food.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#5 Posted: 22:55:44 25/03/2015
One guy doesn't make a show.

It's about time the other 2 are able to shine.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me