darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > The Best Way to use your favorite Skylander
Page 1 of 1
The Best Way to use your favorite Skylander
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1 Posted: 04:26:29 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I decided to create a very special topic and this is on tips and tricks on using your favorite Skylanders. I'll start with some that I know of and then if anyone has someone they want to talk about, just comment on your favorites.

smilie is one that a lot of people seem to have trouble using due to his low defense and that he needs to be up close to fight, but there is a certain strategy at using him. First summon the phantom puppets like normal, but then use his ripping dimensions move to have the enemies stuck and moving slowly for a few moments. While they are caught in this attack, resort to cutting frenzy and scissor stilts and you will be amazed at the results. the key is to rely on the dimensions attack as it even causes larger enemies to be slightly slow and getting hit at the same time. Also when enemies are caught in the splitting dimensions, use the nether needle on smaller enemies to chop at them and then quickly attack the larger enemies or just plant a new dimension split on the safe side.

smilie can be a pretty weak character, but on the right path and moves used, he can be quite a surprisingly tolerable trap master. Use his move that slows down enemies and resort to constantly spamming his levitation attack on his levitation path to give your enemies virtually no recovery time.

smilie on his jumping juggernaut path can make him a very decent ranged and close combat fighter. Use his triple jump attack and use the target blast move in the right situations. This path stuns enemies and makes him move faster.

smilie can be used in many different ways while still dishing out some great damage at the same time. I suggest turning into bat form and using the bite attack to spawn many bats. Then, screech to make them stronger and then change back. Finally use bat storm and she can be a very versatile fighter and the great balls of bats can be used at any time in any order of this strategy. I suggest this with the bat betterment path as that will best utilize her bat form and spawning plenty of bats to attack with.

smilie is a mixed bag, but in a good way. If you chose the Roll path, here are some suggestions I can give. Use his longer roll attack to charge at enemies and to get far away from them at the same time. Then, either spam his boulder spit or ready the boulder posse in order to enter bouncy attack mode. Use the spin move for crown control and his second attack for steamrolling and escape tactics. When it wears off, rinse and repeat or just mix it up from there.

If there are any suggestions you would like to mention, then ask away and I will add more if necessary.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2 Posted: 11:52:58 25/03/2015
Knight Light: despite his light portal, he's a melee character who deals high damage and who posseses high health (yeah, the common "warrior" type of the hack n slash games). That said, Knight light is very useful against light enemies, since his upgrade for elevating enemies while slashing with his scimitar prevents any attacks from them. The problem comes with bigger enemies whose guard can't be broken with the scimitar combos. In this case is pretty useful to fly in circles around them while slashing, this way you are dodging and attacking at the same time. Addtionally it is strongly recommended to create light areas and manage to locate the combat on those, since the enemies will beocme way slower and your attacks will deal high more damage.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:53:56 25/03/2015 by angelg
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#3 Posted: 02:33:24 01/04/2015
Cynder: Both of Cynder's paths are good, but I like using a Netherwelder Cynder best because of how efficient she is---you can use her shadow dash to have Cynder sink into her shadow and move forward before zapping enemies with her lightning breath. The greatest part is that when Cynder uses her shadow dash, she can pass through almost anything---including enemies! So if you use her shadow dash when an enemy is in front of her, Cynder will sink into her shadow and zip past her enemy and pop up behind them! One of the upgrades on her Netherwelder path even lets her detonate the ghosts she leaves behind with her lightning breath for more damage, too! She's the perfect Skylander for ensuring you're always accomplishing something and not stuck running around evading.

One example of this is against Cuckoo Clocker in the Phoenix Psanctuary: You can allow Cuckoo Clocker to approach Cynder, then use her shadow dash to sneak behind him when he raises his arms and then zap him from behind without ever putting Cynder at risk! So just keep using Cynder's shadow dash to get around enemies until you can zap them. It's as easy as that!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 11:17:28 01/04/2015
Sworn2Skylands, just don't forget to note that in Shadowdancer, the Shadow Strike upgrade gives Cynder a hurtbox so she CAN be hurt mid-shadow dash. The tradeoff is that enemies won't get out unscatched.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#5 Posted: 05:49:14 02/04/2015
I actually prefer Bat Spin's other path and just going for pure ranged attacks. She has really long range, and her Wow Pow is a very powerful piercing projectile that mows down groups. The bat companions you gain will often deflect any hostile projectiles, including those electric fields and explosive rolling barrels.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:50:45 02/04/2015 by Friendzie
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#6 Posted: 20:31:45 02/04/2015
Flashwing can either be a melee character who can use ranged attacks if needed, or a mainly ranged character who can shoot up to four shards at once and heal herself. I prefer Super Shards, as if you shoot shards into a wall just before a fight and then stand by those shards, it makes it easier to hit enemies with those shards and heals you during a fight. I haven't tried Super Spinner enough to give a good stratagem.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 20:53:49 02/04/2015
Super Spinner is great if you're willing to be spinning the analog around a lot. Though most enemies you can just rub yourself against them and do enough damage,against heavy guys it's better to graze against them and do most of the damage with energy beams - you'll be deflecting and blocking moves from them even if you're not doing as much damage. It's also better to crowd control since her speed increases really quickly,so you can go after a ranged attacker that's being a bother and quickly running back to the powerhouses.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 21:01:49 02/04/2015
Quote: StormDragon21
Flashwing can either be a melee character who can use ranged attacks if needed, or a mainly ranged character who can shoot up to four shards at once and heal herself. I prefer Super Shards, as if you shoot shards into a wall just before a fight and then stand by those shards, it makes it easier to hit enemies with those shards and heals you during a fight. I haven't tried Super Spinner enough to give a good stratagem.

If you use her in Trap Team paired with a trap containing Broccoli Guy, you're pretty much guaranteed to live through whatever comes your way.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#9 Posted: 22:09:28 02/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Super Spinner is great if you're willing to be spinning the analog around a lot. Though most enemies you can just rub yourself against them and do enough damage,against heavy guys it's better to graze against them and do most of the damage with energy beams - you'll be deflecting and blocking moves from them even if you're not doing as much damage. It's also better to crowd control since her speed increases really quickly,so you can go after a ranged attacker that's being a bother and quickly running back to the powerhouses.

You should also make sure to use the short-range prism attack that you can use during the spin. You can get off about 4 of them during each spin. It helps to use the shoulder button alternative for the spin so you can easily hit the primary during it.

She's one of my favorites - my #1 from Giants. I reset to Super Spinner from shards early on in Giants and have never looked back. Super Spinner is awesome. I use my jade one as spinner and my daughter uses her pink one on shards.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:35 02/04/2015 by samuraituretsky
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#10 Posted: 02:00:45 03/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost

I'll try that tactic for Jade Flashwing. Maybe I'll get her over Level 10 if I have the right playing Skype so I don't get killed.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me