Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Trap Users in Sections [CLOSED]
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1 Posted: 01:13:00 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Instead of banning users who like skylanders and all that that accidently come to S&N and start throwing tantrums because users get mad at him because it is a warzone out there, how about only letting them go to a certain section and post on a certain section of the forum. Like confine them to only be able to post in the trap team section. Just a suggestion.
---
Spread those positive vibes
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 01:41:10 25/03/2015
I don't really see how it would get enforced, but.. for some users.. it's a good idea, for some, it's not.

Interesting idea nonetheless~
#3 Posted: 01:46:54 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I don't really see how it would get enforced, but.. for some users.. it's a good idea, for some, it's not.

Interesting idea nonetheless~

No, like dark can program it in so it looks like this:

[User Posted Image]

But without the redmarks. The stuff crossed out is just not even there. And I just used your's skylandersspyro because it was the easiest picture of darkspyro to edit. Nothing against you.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 01:47:40 25/03/2015
I could see restricting S&N to users based on their Sparx level. Special boards for higher-level users are pretty common on forums.
#5 Posted: 01:49:11 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
I could see restricting S&N to users based on their Sparx level. Special boards for higher-level users are pretty common on forums.

No, because then mature users who kind of belong there couldn't be able to post there. Like I wouldn't be allowed to.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6 Posted: 02:00:58 25/03/2015
I think that might be a little too far. What you're basically doing is segregating certain users to certain sections, while allowing yourself free reign all over the place. We can help users get used to S&N or advise them not to go there if they don't think they can handle it (or have proven such). But I don't think it would be fair to keep them out for a period of time.

We shouldn't be keeping certain users out with rules just as much as we shouldn't be keeping users out because we're acting like jerks. I know the case you're referring to and I understand the sentiment, but more often than not S&N users can be a little tough on new guys. And this incident in particular didn't even really happen in S&N to my knowledge.

EDIT: Unless I'm reading this wrong and you're suggesting being able to suspend or ban users from certain sections, which I'm a little more ok with.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:02:04 25/03/2015 by CAV
#7 Posted: 02:03:26 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
I think that might be a little too far. What you're basically doing is segregating certain users to certain sections, while allowing yourself free reign all over the place. We can help users get used to S&N or advise them not to go there if they don't think they can handle it (or have proven such). But I don't think it would be fair to keep them out for a period of time.

We shouldn't be keeping certain users out with rules just as much as we shouldn't be keeping users out because we're acting like jerks. I know the case you're referring to and I understand the sentiment, but more often than not S&N users can be a little tough on new guys. And this incident in particular didn't even really happen in S&N to my knowledge.

EDIT: Unless I'm reading this wrong and you're suggesting being able to suspend or ban users from certain sections, which I'm a little more ok with.

Yes, I want to be able to ban users who have been bad in a certain section of darkspyro.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 23:11:31 25/03/2015
I'm not quite sure if something like that could happen, but it's not a bad idea.

Just remember that if such a thing would be put in, it would go both ways. S&N users would have no right to run into Skylanders and cause a ruckus.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#9 Posted: 00:47:42 26/03/2015
This is kind of immature of you to make as you started and helped the debate with the user who I'm not gonna mention. But quite honestly S&N is just as immature as the Skylanders board. How is restricting S&N gonna stop immature users from doing any harm? Just because they can't post in a certain section(which is full of immaturity by the way) how is this gonna help the forum in anyway? All this will do is have "immature" users do even more immature acts to the Skylanders board which is filled with young children. There is no reason for this restriction to exist.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 00:50:40 26/03/2015
Plenty of people in S&N don't sound too eager to talk in the topic of Skylanders(actually some I never saw outside of there and Idle Chatter),so at most there'd be offtopic spam, which the mods can easily shoot down. Unless we could be expecting worse since some won't be too happy to be told they're not allowed to go all out.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 03:17:52 26/03/2015
I don't really like the sound of this idea. TBH it sounds rather controlling in a way that it is not really gonna help the site.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#12 Posted: 04:00:45 26/03/2015
Eh... a good principle but not a very good execution. Saw something like this on another forum where one couldn't access the buy/sell forums until they were that site's equivalent of a Green Sparx. Which in that situation was fine, but in this case it's not really something to weed out the maturity levels in a valid way. I joined S&N as a Red Sparx and was fine in it. Others who might even be Gold Sparx might not be able to handle some of the topics there. It would be hard to judge based on maturity as to what sections one could venture into and even then to enforce such would be segregation and prejudice against said individuals. Not really a direction we want the site going in.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#13 Posted: 08:16:54 27/03/2015
It would take a lot of work and might make Hunters or Dark52 stressed.

But it ain't a bad idea, as long as the 'leaders' don't get stressed
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#14 Posted: 00:51:32 28/03/2015
This isn't a good idea at ALL.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me