Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Best wishing well community building [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 22:11:41 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay I am getting a TON of the Taverns, Fisheries, and Cocoa Stands. I was thinking I should probably put about 10 cocoa stands for the community building collection quests and just ditch the rest along with the fisheries and then keep the taverns for the daily output on my islands. Mine are getting so overcrowded I am just trying to figure out what the best solution for me going forward. I tend to get a ton of these buildings through the wishing well and I am up to thousands of wishstones saved even after tossing 2k on the alternate skylander attempts (I got 3 alternates and a Wish bash hut yeah me!) Thoughts? Is this a good plan? It feels kind of weird selling cocoa stands and fisheries.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#2 Posted: 22:40:02 24/03/2015
The best one to have IS B&B's, but you've got to get through the fisheries and taverns. I have 20+ of all 4 kinds crowded up on my islands--so I'm not a very good judge of which ones to keep.

But if you're running out of room, upgrade your storage and keep some of them--and start selling off houses and mabu-employed community bldgs. Those are the ones that you don't need after you get pretty high in level, have 1 each for show and just build more for quests as you need them. You'll have tons of room on your islands once those are pared down.

Also you don't need to max out on your balloons. Just keep out balloons you're using for levelling skylanders--you can store them pretty easily should you need to so lots of adventures
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 22:48:56 24/03/2015
I just sold my first bunch of Cocoa Stands today . Not sure i ever want to sell fisheries . I would sooner sell lower XP mabu community buildings then Fisheries.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#4 Posted: 22:58:07 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
B&Bs are houses, not community. I will agree those are awesome and I actually have not bought a single "house" since I started pumping in stones into the wishing wells I think I am up to about 14 B&B's. I have only bought houses now to complete a quest. smilie Are fisheries really that good? When I look at the totals they are 3x2 so 2 spaces larger and their per space use is a lot smaller than that of the taverns. At least my rudimentary math makes it seem like Taverns are way better than both cocoa stands and fisheries. I have my storage at full, Right now I have all my balloons out because I am doing a ton of leveling. If you see my other posts I am still at a good 68 skylanders I need to get and level up. Once I do that though I will make sure to put them away when not in use. It would be nice if this game supported multiple island configurations kind of like Clash of Clans, Castle Clash and so one where you can swap from one layout to another with a click of a button.
#5 Posted: 23:03:33 24/03/2015
Yes of course taverns are better . Are your fisheries really at the bottom of your XP buildings list that needs pruning ?
---
#6 Posted: 23:09:43 24/03/2015
Quote: Bolthar
B&Bs are houses, not community.

touche' but they're the best things to come out of the wells aside from skylanders! smilie

I actually have not bought a single "house" since I started pumping in stones into the wishing wells

but have you sold any of them? seriously, sell off all your houses.
Are fisheries really that good?

Dark fhoenix is biased--and strange. But at 9hr per collection it may be that they are better if you can collect them more often. I just don't sell them off, cause I don't have many other things else to generate XP

If you see my other posts I am still at a good 68 skylanders I need to get and level up. Once I do that though I will make sure to put them away when not in use. It would be nice if this game supported multiple island configurations kind of like Clash of Clans, Castle Clash and so one where you can swap from one layout to another with a click of a button.

I've read them, and know about the skylanders, but am not 100% sure of your other building/mabu/island stats. And with a max of 16 blue balloons, I didn't know if you had an active 16 guys at this moment for levelling up...or how many airships you had...

as for the other games--we don't play so I can only take your word that that might be better (or more confusing)

good luck!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:16 24/03/2015 by BUGMom05
#7 Posted: 23:21:58 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes I have sold off a lot of other houses I had bought I really only have a single island devoted to housing right now most all B&B's. I let the lower levels ones just go away. I keep about 6 of the very fast collecting for quests only and usually just ell them when the quest is over (like right now the 225 house collection quest for saws. It was like 400 gold x6 but if I left it to the B&B's it would take a lot longer. I think I have about 12-14 right now but I am doing a ton of leveling still. once I am done leveling it will be time to move things around. I am glad you mentioned putting those away to make room for other generators. I appreciate the tip. I still have only optimized three of my islands so far. I have one that is all B$Bs and housing and it has all my 100 topiaries in between the houses. I then have another one that is all my taverns a few fisheries and a few cocoa stands again with decorations around them a lot of the blossoms that are the big 10% from the Wishing well. I then have my middle island that is all shrines and towers. I then have three islands spread about of extra fisheries, extra cocoa stands, airships and all the other community buildings with decorations kind of just splattered around. I really have to clean those ones up but I keep moving around what I have out from the bank in order to complete quests for community buildings so I kind of think what is the point because I will just be rearranging it again.
#8 Posted: 23:52:34 24/03/2015
at level 43, we SOLD just SOLD everything. ALL topiaries, decorations, houses, community bldgs that didn't cost gems (and some that did like sculptures, scarecrows and blossom trees--a lot of 1-square holders--as well as taverns, fisheries and cocoa stands that didn't fit within the new scheme) just to clean up. and started over with the islands all fresh. That gave up a ton of money and helped us to maximize XP generation.
#9 Posted: 00:15:53 25/03/2015
Quote:
Dark fhoenix is biased--and strange.

Ummm excuse me ? Strange in what way exactly ?

Quote:
at level 43, we SOLD just SOLD everything. ALL topiaries, decorations, houses, community bldgs that didn't cost gems (and some that did like sculptures, scarecrows and blossom trees--a lot of 1-square holders--as well as taverns, fisheries and cocoa stands that didn't fit within the new scheme) just to clean up. and started over with the islands all fresh. That gave up a ton of money and helped us to maximize XP generation.

How on earth did that maximize your XP generation ?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:28:11 25/03/2015 by Dark fhoenix
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#10 Posted: 01:27:53 25/03/2015
We're all biased and strange. That's what makes people fun!

And certain of us are more "fun" than others...

Bugmom, I'm with Ms. fhoenix--I'm having a hard time reconciling selling your best XP multiplying decorations with maximizing XP generation. I get selling the decorations because you want to set up and decorate your island a certain way, but that's the opposite approach of maximizing XP. Both are perfectly legitimate approaches, but it's hard to have both at the same time. I guess you could shoot for an aesthetic look while at the same time maximizing XP as much as possible within the constraints of your setup or something like that?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#11 Posted: 13:12:25 25/03/2015
I've been selling off fisheries and cocoa stands (yes, even taverns) for months now. Of course, at level 45, there's no need to maximize XP. At some point, you'll just find that you're more concerned with trying to make your islands look the way you want them (still working on that) rather than worrying about XP, but that may not come for a while. The cocoa stands look kind of nice (a few of them, anyway) but are of no real value as far as XP and gold production. Fisheries take up much more space, but are good producers. Taverns tend to be the best, but as others have said, it depends on your schedule somewhat. Place topiaries and other high-percentage decorations around your biggest XP producers, especially in the little nooks and crannies where you don't want things to spawn. Above all, make sure YOU like your islands, since you're likely to only person who spends any time looking at them.

If you want to have extra community buildings like cocoa stands for quests, I would keep a bunch of them in storage to be taken out only when you need them. I do the same thing with snack stands and anything else that is commonly used in quests.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#12 Posted: 18:10:09 25/03/2015
I have heard that at level 45, you can still get experience and get gems from that. If I was maxed on level, am sure I would still want more stuff like finishing all the companions for fun, getting more aquariums, dragon lairs to make things cooler but would not sacrifice my XP yet to get that.

I look at my experience per day, not the in theory experience per day but how many times I will likely be using an item a day then extrapolated with its experience.

Leaving the high exp but high gems items like aquariums and windmills off the table, I would definitely say sell cocoa stands, they do not even give me 1500 experience a day each. Bakeries are better but not even 2500. Chompy Gift Shops are very nice and about the same as a tavern which are about 4500 a day. Fisheries give like 5700 a day for me, that is better.

Right now I see that fisheries, potters, tailors, and soon for me, the circus are the highest XP per day things I can get. However, taverns are very nice, do not cost mabu and do not take up a lot of space.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#13 Posted: 12:50:08 26/03/2015
Yes, once you hit max level, you can keep maxing out XP to get bonus gems and stones. However, by this level your gem production is probably 100+ per day fairly easily, so the extra 15 or so per month is nothing to get excited about.

The fisheries do give more XP per day than the tavern, but when you consider how much space is taken, the taverns are actually better in terms of XP per day per square. Since the main reason to be selling any of them would be lack of space, it makes sense to sell off fisheries before taverns, but I would tend to keep some of each just for variety.
#14 Posted: 16:33:14 26/03/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
Dark fhoenix is biased--and strange.

Ummm excuse me ? Strange in what way exactly ?......How on earth did that maximize your XP generation ?

in the best, possible way--no offense meant.

When we did it, we had just a ton of stuff stuck all over the place. too many low generating houses and buildings paired next to high %-age decorations and low %-age decorations next to the high buildings.

We filled the water island up with fisheries and sold any that didn't fit on that island, filled the undead island with taverns and cocoa stands and sold the ones that didn't fit, filled the air island up with B&Bs

Then filled every possible square on those islands with decorations that were 10% or higher, leaving plenty of space for mobs to spawn on the others. We then used all the money we got to spin for the last several skylanders, put huts on the fire island and used cheap or free decorations to stop plants from collecting there.

set up the life and magic island to hold community bldgs and put the last of the high decorations there. We sold all the non-radiant fields and with Ol' Mac, never missed the potions they'd generate.

I am not saying we couldn't have used all the stuff we had and maybe got more XP at the time, but we were having trouble getting things to spawn and were trying to reduce the amount of time we spent on the game--thus making 1-2 collections a day the most profitable we could.

so maximizing may not be the best term, but definitely streamlining? efficientizing...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:52 26/03/2015 by BUGMom05
#15 Posted: 16:39:05 26/03/2015
We sold the 1square decos after setting it up, because there wasn't anywhere to put them next to the big payout buildings.

as it was we had a 3 or 400% bonus on our town hall. I don't know if we slowed or sped our progress to level 45, but we did make it all the same. We weren't thinking to add anything, and then they went released light and dark. So it's all a mess, now...but in the moment there was very little regret.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:15:57 27/03/2015 by BUGMom05
#16 Posted: 19:14:46 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I find all your guys answers great. Its so great to see how everyone can have different views and still like to play this game. I know there is no real this is the best way to do it I was just getting from a space vrs time vrs reward of the three items cocoa stands, fisheries, and taverns the taverns seem like they are the best producers. You all have given me a lot of other ways to look at things that frankly I never did before I posed this question. Thanks a lot guys! And may all our uniqueness find us happiness within Lost Islands. smilie
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#17 Posted: 14:35:12 27/03/2015
I surround my taverns and aquariums with topiaries and other high xp boosting decorations. I have rows of taverns/aquariums on my life island surrounded on both sides by the decorations (with the new piggy bank square in the middle, so each building gets at least a 150% and most get 200%+ bonuses. I do this on my tech island as well but don't have enough topiaries to go around so it's not perfect. Still, Taverns are the best (well, after aquariums, but you can't win those in the well as far as I know).

I've sold/stored most of my fisheries. If they ever raise the level cap, I'll pull them back out of storage.

Cocoa stands are completely gone from my islands.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me