Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Light and dark expansion packs at TRU (US)
Page 1 of 1
Light and dark expansion packs at TRU (US) [CLOSED]
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#1 Posted: 21:04:10 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Stores will be restocking these over the next few days.

My store got in 10 cases today 3/24.

Here is the SKN #279254
If anyone wants to call ahead first to verify that the store received any yet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:29:43 24/03/2015 by Chaotic Lunacy
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 21:52:38 24/03/2015
Quote: Chaotic Lunacy
Stores will be restocking these over the next few days.

My store got in 10 cases today 3/24.

Here is the SKN #279254
If anyone wants to call ahead first to verify that the store received any yet.

Here's my shocked face...oh wait, I'm not shocked, heh. Guess all the naysayers have egg on their faces now, eh? smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 23:12:53 24/03/2015
well this is true, i went into TRU for pet-vac breeze minis, they had like 10 of each pack. this was the TRU in upland California.
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#4 Posted: 23:38:08 24/03/2015
guessing EBay prices will severly drop now....
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#5 Posted: 00:35:30 25/03/2015
I knew they would ship out more....there just wasn't enough the first go round...not only players need the Sunscraper Spire & Midnight Museum for the soul gem's, but thats the only way to get the Hawk an Spider Traps.(I already got them the first go round...but my brother needs them. smilie )
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#6 Posted: 03:03:35 25/03/2015
Hello, I'm new to the darkspyro forums. How are these expansion packs, both the dark and light? How long is each adventure pack?
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#7 Posted: 03:12:40 25/03/2015
I actually saw a bunch of them today when I went.

Hey captainzombie, I have the dark adventure pack. While Knight Mare is probably one of my favorite skylanders to play as and Night Shade is an awesome villain, The Midnight Museum level is not that good in my opinion. It's not very long but they tried to make it seem longer by adding these very slow pinball sections.
#8 Posted: 03:21:20 25/03/2015
Quote: wah543

Hey captainzombie, I have the dark adventure pack. While Knight Mare is probably one of my favorite skylanders to play as and Night Shade is an awesome villain, The Midnight Museum level is not that good in my opinion. It's not very long but they tried to make it seem longer by adding these very slow pinball sections.

Thanks wah for the feedback. It's a bummer that these expansion packs are so short and would be cool if they sold them also as DLC considering how hard these were to get a hold of months ago.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:02 25/03/2015 by captainzombie
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#9 Posted: 08:07:13 25/03/2015
Quote: captainzombie
Quote: wah543

Thanks wah for the feedback. It's a bummer that these expansion packs are so short and would be cool if they sold them also as DLC considering how hard these were to get a hold of months ago.

well i guess you can call it DLC but its in the figure,, i do agree the levels are meh but knightmare and knightlight are worth it.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#10 Posted: 13:27:49 25/03/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
I knew they would ship out more....there just wasn't enough the first go round...not only players need the Sunscraper Spire & Midnight Museum for the soul gem's, but thats the only way to get the Hawk an Spider Traps.(I already got them the first go round...but my brother needs them. smilie )

Well...yeah. What we saw the first time around was the pre-Christmas "sneak peek" that we get every year. Those figures are released briefly, in limited numbers, and then they normally get replenished toward the end of January or early February. Except that this year, we had the whole dock workers' strike issue to deal with, so we got another 4-6 weeks or more lumped on top of it. Glad that these are finally out in force!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
BigDan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1687
#11 Posted: 13:47:05 25/03/2015
FYI, the Dark and Light expansion packs are currently available from Amazon.com for $29.99.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#12 Posted: 14:21:27 25/03/2015
Thanks to wah543 posting in another thread, I checked my TRU, yesterday. They had 3 of each. I had them put back both until I could get my son there. Funny thing was that I rushed him over there after school and he said he didn't want to spend all his money. I was actually kind of proud of him, but I knew he had really been wanting them and so I convinced him to go ahead and buy one (what kind of parent am I to convince my kid to buy stuff when he doesn't want to spend his money?). He had been wanting the dark pack, but when he saw them, he wanted the light pack instead. But since he needed a dark trap, he went ahead and got the dark pack. Since they were B1G1 40% off (making a second one only $20), I had the cashier sneak the light pack into another bag so I could put it up for his birthday (which is in May).

He got it home and beat it quickly, but didn't fully explore it (i.e. get the soul gem). He later actually admitted that it hurt that he spent his money on it. I felt kind of bad, but I realized he now understands the value of money. He even decided to "budget" a $1 he had gotten from the "tooth fairy" to get some snacks at school instead of spending it all at once. I think he has learned well, and I'm sure he'll still enjoy what he bought (he likes that he can finally trap the dark villains, there's still places to explore in Midnight Museum, and he has another Skylander to play with and level up) unlike purchases I regretted when I was a kid (although I'm not sure he necessarily regrets the purchase, but just feels the pain of spending the money).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:06 25/03/2015 by obidawsn
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#13 Posted: 16:20:44 25/03/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Thanks to wah543 posting in another thread, I checked my TRU, yesterday. They had 3 of each. I had them put back both until I could get my son there. Funny thing was that I rushed him over there after school and he said he didn't want to spend all his money. I was actually kind of proud of him, but I knew he had really been wanting them and so I convinced him to go ahead and buy one (what kind of parent am I to convince my kid to buy stuff when he doesn't want to spend his money?). He had been wanting the dark pack, but when he saw them, he wanted the light pack instead. But since he needed a dark trap, he went ahead and got the dark pack. Since they were B1G1 40% off (making a second one only $20), I had the cashier sneak the light pack into another bag so I could put it up for his birthday (which is in May).

He got it home and beat it quickly, but didn't fully explore it (i.e. get the soul gem). He later actually admitted that it hurt that he spent his money on it. I felt kind of bad, but I realized he now understands the value of money. He even decided to "budget" a $1 he had gotten from the "tooth fairy" to get some snacks at school instead of spending it all at once. I think he has learned well, and I'm sure he'll still enjoy what he bought (he likes that he can finally trap the dark villains, there's still places to explore in Midnight Museum, and he has another Skylander to play with and level up) unlike purchases I regretted when I was a kid (although I'm not sure he necessarily regrets the purchase, but just feels the pain of spending the money).

Don't feel too bad about this, just explain that this might have been the only chance he had to get this.
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#14 Posted: 17:17:56 25/03/2015
Just need to hope more of these reach the UK now. Can't afford to miss out on these packs, I'm a pretty hardcore collector.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#15 Posted: 02:41:01 26/03/2015
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble
Just need to hope more of these reach the UK now. Can't afford to miss out on these packs, I'm a pretty hardcore collector.

I know we in the us can buy from uk amazon, maybe you can buy from us amazon? I know its shipping wise might add some but its prob better then say ebay etc
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#16 Posted: 19:08:20 26/03/2015
I was at Target in Roswell, GA around noon today and they had 4 each of the packs. So I guess it is more than just TRU getting them.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#17 Posted: 01:48:57 27/03/2015
I saw 3 light and 1 dark today in walmart abt 45min ago so ya they are getting around again.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#18 Posted: 02:00:01 27/03/2015
Quote: captainzombie
Hello, I'm new to the darkspyro forums. How are these expansion packs, both the dark and light? How long is each adventure pack?

if you have to choose one, get the light the level is great, luminous (the villain in the sunscarper spire) is AWESOME and knight light is EPIC.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#19 Posted: 19:19:35 27/03/2015
Saw 3 Light & 2 Dark at TRU, Fullerton (CA)
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
tedatac1 Red Sparx Gems: 82
#20 Posted: 07:02:58 28/03/2015
One of my local gamestops had gotten 3 of each in (Appleton, WI). Not sure what the other gamestops or TRU around here had.
#21 Posted: 00:41:02 29/03/2015
I was able to finally pickup a Knight Light expansion pack at BBY today. My kids played and beat it in an hour and then I played with my one son and finished it up. It was decent and considering with GCU I got it for $24, getting Knight Light, a Light Trap, and the expansion mission guess its not to bad at that price. I'll probably go tomorrow and take advantage of getting the Knight Mare expansion since they are having a B1G1 40% off deal so I'll bring my receipt from today's purchase.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#22 Posted: 01:51:33 29/03/2015
Yeah saw 2 of each today at Best Buy, along with Spotlight. Supply finally caught up with demand.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me