Page 1 of 1
Knight Light/Knight Mare Soulgem
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1 Posted: 12:05:02 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I was just wondering, how will people get their Soul gems if they buy these in Single packs? their soulgems are in the light and dark worlds sooooo...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 12:45:16 24/03/2015
Ah... huh...

Maybe they'd...

They'll uh...

I got nothing.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3 Posted: 12:55:26 24/03/2015
Good question yes. I have tried the single knight light figure and it certainly requires the soul gem to get the last upgrade. To be honest, I think activision does not care/know about this issue, and even if they manage to acknowledge in the future I doubt they will make any patch to solve it. For those who only have th4 figure and not the expansion pack, like AdamGregory03 said, they'll uh...
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 13:24:36 24/03/2015
They wont be able to until Skylanders 5.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#5 Posted: 13:52:25 24/03/2015
Find a friend that has the expansion and borrow their expansion piece. You only need to place it on the portal once to unlock the expansion.

Or ebay, where people are selling the expansion pieces individually.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#6 Posted: 14:52:01 24/03/2015
Wait till Skylanders 5 so that you can purchase the upgrades
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#7 Posted: 15:31:01 24/03/2015
Or use the skylanderseditor.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 15:38:05 24/03/2015
If I had to guess, I'd say that Activision is either prepping to release a lot more stock of the original Light/Dark packs (leaving people who purchased the Trap Masters as singles to have to pick up and possibly re-sell doubles) or will end up releasing a more traditional version of each expansion with the level, trap and appropriate core figure. Anything's possible, but I don't think that they'd really leave people out in the cold like this. Activision is big on making fans purchase the same characters (and sometimes the exact same characters) over and over again, so it only makes sense for there to be some temporary stock issues with the actual expansions before they come back out in force.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#9 Posted: 15:47:38 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't even get WHY they release these in a single pack, back in SSA the adventure pack landers didnt have single packs either right? i don't remember any problem back in these days with it
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 16:00:00 24/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Activision is big on making fans purchase the same characters (and sometimes the exact same characters) over and over again, so it only makes sense for there to be some temporary stock issues with the actual expansions before they come back out in force.

-Doug

The stock availability is so short handed it's either on purpose or gross negligence. This was not "chance". I'm swimming in ShroomBooms and Gill Grunts but this is suddenly an availability problem? Sell those wares somewhere else, I know better.

IMO this was their way of "increasing hype" by constricting supply. Unfortunately this creates a profitable venue for scalpers, which in turn frustrates/causes portal masters to rethink why they're in the franchise.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:30:04 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 17:26:21 24/03/2015
Come to think of it, wouldn't Portal Masters require the Sunscraper Spire and Midnight Museum figures in order to fully unlock both Light and Dark elements? If not, wouldn't just putting Knight Light and Knight Mare on the portal before those new elemental expansion pack figures won't work? I think just selling Knight Light and Knight Mare is a financially terrible idea just like selling Blades within the Triple Pack, and the new air dragon is already available in the Nightmare Express Adventure Pack.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#12 Posted: 17:46:33 24/03/2015
I mean, worst case scenario, you wait until Skylanders 5 and buy the soul gem upgrade in that game. I still think we'll see another wave of this expansion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:45 24/03/2015 by Friendzie
#13 Posted: 17:48:06 24/03/2015
^ Actually, they make soul gems for older characters available immediately on successive games if you have the moolah. Maybe this is their insidious plot to make us buy the next game.... smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:54 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 19:24:54 24/03/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Come to think of it, wouldn't Portal Masters require the Sunscraper Spire and Midnight Museum figures in order to fully unlock both Light and Dark elements? If not, wouldn't just putting Knight Light and Knight Mare on the portal before those new elemental expansion pack figures won't work? I think just selling Knight Light and Knight Mare is a financially terrible idea just like selling Blades within the Triple Pack, and the new air dragon is already available in the Nightmare Express Adventure Pack.

But Blade's and (Legendary) Déjà Vu's Soul Gems are available inside the main game.
Knight Light's and Knight Mare's aren't.

I personally first placed Knight Mare on the Portal, before any other Dark related figure, and it unlocked the Light and Dark trap collection screen, the Light and Dark Skylanders collection screen, the elements for the unknown villains in the vault and even the symbols on the Elemental Gates.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 19:28:47 24/03/2015
They should have sold more of the Light and Dark Element Expansion Packs along with Knight Light and Knight Mare instead of having them as singles.
#16 Posted: 20:24:06 24/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Activision is big on making fans purchase the same characters (and sometimes the exact same characters) over and over again, so it only makes sense for there to be some temporary stock issues with the actual expansions before they come back out in force.

-Doug

The stock availability is so short handed it's either on purpose or gross negligence. This was not "chance". I'm swimming in ShroomBooms and Gill Grunts but this is suddenly an availability problem? Sell those wares somewhere else, I know better.

IMO this was their way of "increasing hype" by constricting supply. Unfortunately this creates a profitable venue for scalpers, which in turn frustrates/causes portal masters to rethink why they're in the franchise.

While I agree that this is a crappy thing for them to do, if it is, in fact, intentional, the fact is is that Nintendo follows this exact same practice with every hardware launch that they have and nobody says anything. Remember the Christmas season where people were paying hundreds of dollars above retail for a Wii? GameStop locations were actually sitting on stacks and stacks of them due to an agreement they had with Nintendo that all of their locations would be kept stocked at all times. They've recently done the same with special editions of various 3DS models and other than complaining if they weren't able to get one, nobody has said much of anything.

At this point, it's the nature of the beast. We should either boycott everybody who does this or accept it and roll with the punches.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#17 Posted: 20:44:10 24/03/2015
How bizarre. How does making sure you're in stock have to do with supply and demand? They failed fundamental economics, at least in a "free market economy".
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#18 Posted: 21:30:11 24/03/2015
Quote: Buuzer
Or use the skylanderseditor.

I've researched, and read about this, but how do I use it?~
#19 Posted: 21:56:50 24/03/2015
How bizarre. How does making sure you're in stock have to do with supply and demand? They failed fundamental economics, at least in a "free market economy".

Apparently nobody (including myself, until I bought one at retail, at GameStop) realized that GameStop had a ton of these. I knew the guy at GameStop and as I was checking out he asked if I needed anything else. I quipped, "Well, if you could get me a Wii..." and he went on to tell me that they had about 10 stacks from floor to ceiling and more on the way whenever their stock fell below a certain threshold. I'm guessing maybe they weren't supposed to let the word out? (shrug) In either event, that's a visible case of Nintendo creating artificial scarcity and getting caught doing it.

BTW, have you checked out Toys & Merchandise in the last little while? It's been reported that TRU locations are getting restocks of the Light & Dark packs. Based on Chaotic Lunacy's store getting 10 cases, it looks like the restocks of these were just caught up in the overall messed up situation created by the dock workers' strike. Looks like Kaos traps as well as the new expansions' scalper prices are going to be heading straight into the toilet.

-Doug
---
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#20 Posted: 22:41:24 24/03/2015
I truly don't believe that the shortage is intentional. I don't see any benefit to them for this to be on purpose. Fact is, there could be a really legitimate reason for the shortage, and we wouldn't know for sure what it is unless they felt like telling us. It sucks, but it's a game where everything is based on having physical figures, so of course sometimes these things happen. They need to walk a fine line between giving us enough of the things we want without flooding the stores with more than will sell. I wouldn't want the job of deciding how much of each figure to produce. It does take a while for them to rectify these kinds of mistakes. They need to realize there's a shortage, put in a call to the factory to produce more, and then get them into the stores. The process probably takes a couple months. I'm starting to see a lot more Kaos traps out there now, so let's hope it's the same with these expansions.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#21 Posted: 15:06:42 25/03/2015

-Doug

The stock availability has to do with neither reason you suggest. It's obvious that it's from the dock worker's strike. The dark/light expansion packs weren't the only thing to be hard to find. There haven't been any shipments (new or old) in months. The only things released were street dated figures that were probably already in the warehouses waiting to be released. And as others have said, they are making their way into the stores. Several people have spotted them at Walmart. Others (including myself) have found them at Toys R Us. So they are out there, now. The same thing happened with the Kaos traps. It was obvious they were trying to get more of them out there since they were coming 2 per case in wave 2.5 (not sure the number in wave 3), but new shipments of those waves were halted like everything else. In fact, most of wave 3 has been pretty hard to find. It's just that the Kaos traps and dark/light expansion packs had more hype and were fetching a lot of money on eBay, so what was out there was getting bought up quickly. Now that they're starting to be re-released, expect them to be flooding the market, soon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me