darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Question about traps & multiple copies
Page 1 of 1
Question about traps & multiple copies
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#1 Posted: 05:47:18 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I currently have Trap Team on Wii U and on Xbox One. My question is, can I use the same set of traps for both games? For example, if I capture Sheep Creep on my Xbox One, then can I use that same trap to catch Sheep Creep on my Wii U? And if so, what happens to the villain that I caught on the Xbox One? Thanks in advance!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 05:48:33 24/03/2015
The villain you caught on your Xbox One will be the same on the Wii U unless you switch it out with a different villain.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#3 Posted: 08:49:29 24/03/2015
Well you don't really need to catch the villains in the trap for your save file on your other console. They still appear in the vault if you put the trap in the portal or not. Once you want to use the villains then you'll find that your traps work for either console, and they will remember which villains you had evolved even if you only evolved it on one console.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#4 Posted: 13:47:59 24/03/2015
The traps are interchangeable between games just like the figures. What gets saved on the trap are the evolved quests and the last villain put in the trap.

[EDIT]

Whoever you had already evolved will always appear evolved, even if you capture them from gameplay for the first time on a new game/file.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:54:23 25/03/2015 by Dahvoo
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#5 Posted: 15:35:02 24/03/2015
Quote: Dahvoo

So if you had captured and evolved all the Life villains on a Life trap, and currently have Sheep Creep in it, on a different game/save file only Sheep Creep will appear in the villain vault until you either capture the other Life villains through regular gameplay or transfer the other villains from your other game/save.

Actually, Sheep Creep should only appear in the actual villain vault on the new save if that save has already captured him. Villains that are saved in traps aren't supposed to be automatically added to the villain vault when you drop in the trap--you still have to go capture them. As a result, if you move from one save to another and overwrite a villain in a previously used trap that you haven't trapped yet, you won't be able to get that villain back until you actually capture them in that trap in the new game. A lot of people talked about this back when the first couple of variant villain traps came out and they overwrote the variant villain and couldn't put them back in the trap due to not having actually captured them yet.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#6 Posted: 14:48:36 25/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Actually, Sheep Creep should only appear in the actual villain vault on the new save if that save has already captured him. Villains that are saved in traps aren't supposed to be automatically added to the villain vault when you drop in the trap--you still have to go capture them. As a result, if you move from one save to another and overwrite a villain in a previously used trap that you haven't trapped yet, you won't be able to get that villain back until you actually capture them in that trap in the new game. A lot of people talked about this back when the first couple of variant villain traps came out and they overwrote the variant villain and couldn't put them back in the trap due to not having actually captured them yet.

-Doug

Thanks for the clarification. Did an update fix the issue about variant villains not being able to get back in their trap unless you have that villain captured through gameplay? It seems that as of now if you put a trap with a variant villain on a portal, the villain will stay in your vault whether you've captured them or not. At least that's what I'm getting playing on PS4.

The reason I originally thought villains could be transferred over to a vault without capturing them is because on my new PS4 save file, I've only played the first four levels, but I noticed I had villains in there that I haven't captured yet. Turns out it's only Shield Shredder, Brawl & Chain and Lob Goblin that are in my vault even though I haven't captured them through gameplay. So they must have come from their variant traps and have been unlocked in the vault even without their trap on the portal.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#7 Posted: 15:43:44 25/03/2015
Quote: Dahvoo
Thanks for the clarification. Did an update fix the issue about variant villains not being able to get back in their trap unless you have that villain captured through gameplay? It seems that as of now if you put a trap with a variant villain on a portal, the villain will stay in your vault whether you've captured them or not. At least that's what I'm getting playing on PS4.

Honestly, I never realized that was supposed to be a bug. I've never checked in my own game, just gone off of what everyone has said on here, and that was that adding a variant villain trap to your collection in-game didn't automatically unlock/add that default villain to your vault. As far as getting villains back into their "matching" variant villain trap, you still always have to have them in your vault (however they got there) to get them back. I discovered this firsthand this past weekend when my wife and I were replaying some levels to get all the missing stars and I forgot that leaving my Steamed Broccoli Guy trap in the portal would cause Chompy Mage to get sucked into it. I tried to skip past the "choose which guy" menu and ended up with Chompy Mage in there until I got back to the hub and restored Broccoli Guy.

Quote:
The reason I originally thought villains could be transferred over to a vault without capturing them is because on my new PS4 save file, I've only played the first four levels, but I noticed I had villains in there that I haven't captured yet. Turns out it's only Shield Shredder, Brawl & Chain and Lob Goblin that are in my vault even though I haven't captured them through gameplay. So they must have come from their variant traps and have been unlocked in the vault even without their trap on the portal.

I'd never heard of this happening before today, so it's possible that this is something that was added/updated into the next gen console releases or maybe the folks who said their vaults didn't have the variant villains in them after adding the traps were wrong. (shrug) Next time I get to play, I'll have to check and see if my vault has Lob Goblin in it; I play on PS3, which should have the same codebase as the 360 and Wii versions and hopefully settle this question once and for all.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me