darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Traps remember every villain that's been in them?
Page 1 of 1
Traps remember every villain that's been in them? [CLOSED]
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#1 Posted: 04:49:38 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I switched from the Wii U to the Xbox One version of Trap Team. I only have one version of every trap, but somehow my Xbox One version has granted me evolved versions of every villain that I have unlocked, even ones that weren't in the traps when I put them in the portal. I think this means that each trap is able to remember each villain you had even if you can only pick one at a time. I was really surprised by this!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:00 24/03/2015 by Friendzie
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#2 Posted: 04:58:45 24/03/2015
yea traps remember, the main thing is there evolved forms. so if you do a villains quest on one trap then transfer him to another trap they wont have the evolved skin. But put them back into the trap you completed the quest with, then they will have the evolved skin.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 17:40:36 24/03/2015
Keep in mind that although the villain will be evolved when you bring him out...that your new save file will still not say he's been "captured" or "evolved" until you ACTUALLY DO IT on the game platform in that save file. If you're tracking that as well. In short, the game save file remembers if you've captured or evolved within the game....the traps remember who's been evolved on them and the last stored villain.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:39 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 19:27:39 24/03/2015
Note: Once the Traps are used to store Villains inside as well as evolving them, there is absolutely no way of resetting the Traps or completely emptying them out. Traps are unlike Skylander figures where you can simply reset them in the game.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#5 Posted: 20:28:26 24/03/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Note: Once the Traps are used to store Villains inside as well as evolving them, there is absolutely no way of resetting the Traps or completely emptying them out. Traps are unlike Skylander figures where you can simply reset them in the game.

Well, they can be reset, just not with Trap Team. And doing so on any special, variant villain trap will permanently eradicate that variant villain, so tinkerers beware.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#6 Posted: 20:47:36 24/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

Well, they can be reset, just not with Trap Team. And doing so on any special, variant villain trap will permanently eradicate that variant villain, so tinkerers beware.

-Doug

Say more! Say more!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#7 Posted: 02:07:11 25/03/2015
How exactly can one reset the whole Trap? When I paused into the Villains' profiles, it only shows "Outfits" and "Nicknames". Nothing else.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#8 Posted: 02:18:57 25/03/2015
How exactly can one reset the whole Trap? When I paused into the Villains' profiles, it only shows "Outfits" and "Nicknames". Nothing else.

You can't reset/remove villain from the trap,

You can replace a villain, but you can't remove them and have a trap "empty", nor can you reset a trap~
#9 Posted: 02:32:48 25/03/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

You can replace a villain, but you can't remove them and have a trap "empty", nor can you reset a trap~

That's exactly what I said before. It is impossible to reset Traps.
#10 Posted: 04:57:48 25/03/2015
^Not impossible, just not with Trap Team.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 07:39:29 25/03/2015
It would be really cool if V.V. could give us a way to reset traps, in Skylanders 5, if they'll be supported.

After all, it's all a matter of in-game features, I guess. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#12 Posted: 13:34:36 25/03/2015

It's not an option in the game itself.

Yes, you can. Just not in/with Trap Team or any other Skylanders game or gaming console.

That's exactly what I said before. It is impossible to reset Traps.

Wrong. You can definitely do it, just not with Trap Team, any other Skylanders game or gaming console.

Quote: GhostRoaster
^Not impossible, just not with Trap Team.

Bingo.

If everybody wants to know, do some research in the "Toys and Merchandise" forum. The method in which you would reset a trap is somewhat of a legal gray area, so I'm not specifically mentioning it, but if you've been on DarkSpryo for a long time and actively read all of the topics that pop up, you're bound to have seen this one. It's possible to reset traps to remove the flag for "evolved" villain and remove any villain that happens to be in the trap. It's possible to do this to variant villain traps as well, but in doing so you remove the variant villain flag and are left with a potentially overpriced version of a regular trap, as there currently isn't any known way to reset the variant villain flag.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#13 Posted: 19:50:49 25/03/2015
How does one reset a trap?.. Sorry to be off-topic, but I haven't seen the topic ~
#14 Posted: 20:10:11 25/03/2015
How does one reset a trap?.. Sorry to be off-topic, but I haven't seen the topic ~

It's not within Skylanders whatsoever. Go look on page 2 of the topics list under the "Toys and Merchandise" section and I'm sure the topic that gives those details will jump right out at you. Again, it's kind of a legal gray area, so that's as specific as we're going to get.

-Doug
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me