Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
When/where for Thunderbolt? [CLOSED]
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#1 Posted: 19:08:54 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello all,

Checking in to see if anyone has any reliable information about the Thunderbolt Skylander (for USA). I noticed that it's available at several European retailers, but not in the USA.

This is the last of the Skylanders that my kids are hoping to purchase from the Trap Team line-up. If anyone knows when & where to purchase it in the USA, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any and all replies!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 19:14:24 17/03/2015
Right now, Wave 4 cores and Trap Masters (Short Cut, Thunderbolt, Rocky Roll, Spotlight, Echo, Blackout) are due for release on March 27th, although people are reporting that they've found the two Trap Masters at GS already (they're apparently street dated now, though).

I'd expect for ToysRUs to release them soon, possibly earlier than GameStop.

They can also be preordered on gamestop.com.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:19 17/03/2015 by Matteomax
#3 Posted: 19:20:55 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Matteomax.

It would be unusual for GameStop to have non-store-exclusives on the shelves earlier than TRU, I agree.
Maybe I'll head over to TRU and inquire today or tomorrow.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Richachu Green Sparx Gems: 284
#4 Posted: 20:47:09 17/03/2015
Best Buy is starting to receive boxes (or one box in my store's case) of new Trap Masters, marked wave 4.5 today. Each box contains 2 Tuff Luck, 2 Blastermind, 2 Night Mare, 2 Knight Light, 2 Short Cut, and 2 Thunderbolt. They are street dated for March 22nd, so most stores should put them on the shelves this Sunday(the 22nd of course). Your mileage may vary, but that is the release date in the system. No sign of the other cores or Easter-related items, but it is still early in the week. Good hunting to all!

Edit: The Tuff Luck and Blastermind characters obviously can go to the sales floor immediately, but the rest are locked for the 22nd. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:00 17/03/2015 by Richachu
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#5 Posted: 21:39:27 17/03/2015
sweet thanks for the info richachu
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#6 Posted: 23:17:11 17/03/2015
Quote: Richachu
Best Buy is starting to receive boxes (or one box in my store's case) of new Trap Masters, marked wave 4.5 today. Each box contains 2 Tuff Luck, 2 Blastermind, 2 Night Mare, 2 Knight Light, 2 Short Cut, and 2 Thunderbolt. They are street dated for March 22nd, so most stores should put them on the shelves this Sunday(the 22nd of course). Your mileage may vary, but that is the release date in the system. No sign of the other cores or Easter-related items, but it is still early in the week. Good hunting to all!

Edit: The Tuff Luck and Blastermind characters obviously can go to the sales floor immediately, but the rest are locked for the 22nd. smilie

Thanks for the update, as I buy mine from Best Buy because of the 20% discount.
wtrswoopes Blue Sparx Gems: 920
#7 Posted: 16:12:05 18/03/2015
Picked up Short Cut and Thunderbolt at a Missouri GameStop today.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#8 Posted: 18:48:18 18/03/2015
I buy from all major retailers: TRU, Best Buy, Target, GameStop and, though rarely, Walmart.
I'll go on 3/22 to check Target (opens at 8 AM), TRU (10 AM opening) & Best Buy (along w/GameStop, opens at 11 AM on Sundays)

Hope they're out this weekend. Would love the Trap Masters & cores, mostly. Those will be the hot ones
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Secretsof2113 Blue Sparx Gems: 842
#9 Posted: 02:54:57 19/03/2015
At GS, they are not street dated. Once they come in, we are allowed to sell them. My store has a bunch of them on the way now.
#10 Posted: 23:15:17 19/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I was at a GameStop in Charlotte (well, technically in South Carolina, just over the border), and the sales clerk did say his computer system showed new Skylanders en-route by truck.

No worries, though. Toys R Us was well-stocked with all the new items, including Thunderbolt, as of today, 3/19.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#11 Posted: 01:16:20 20/03/2015
Got my stuff today with no problems. Picked up Short Cut, Thunderbolt, Echo, Rocky Roll, Blackout & Spotlight. Haven't played them yet, but i
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 02:18:58 20/03/2015
Quote: BahamutBreaker
I was at a GameStop in Charlotte (well, technically in South Carolina, just over the border), and the sales clerk did say his computer system showed new Skylanders en-route by truck.

No worries, though. Toys R Us was well-stocked with all the new items, including Thunderbolt, as of today, 3/19.

Not so good at 6pm. Someone held some dark traps for me (still missing a couple),so went buy on the way to grocery shop. The only remnants that any wave 4 was there was the power punch pet vac. there were 2. that was it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:34 20/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me