Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Lost Island crashes on loading screen on Ipad Air iOS 8.1
Page 1 of 1
Lost Island crashes on loading screen on Ipad Air iOS 8.1 [CLOSED]
Funkymonkey Green Sparx Gems: 203
#1 Posted: 03:20:15 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Hi all. I just upgraded from my old Ipad 3 to an Ipad Air with iOS 8.1. Lost Islands always worked flawlessly on my old Ipad but I haven't gotten it to work on my new one yet. I originally used my iCloud to transfer the program but it wouldn't fully load. Whenever I launch Lost Islands, it shows the blue Activision screen, then goes back to my home page. I've since uninstalled the iCloud version and reinstalled from the App store, but it still doesn't go past the Activison load screen. I have considered upping my iOS to 8.2, but since I haven't been having any WiFi or battery issues with 8.1, I'm hesitant to updating as it could sabotage both.

Anyone else having similar issues? Thanks in advance!
AlbySa Blue Sparx Gems: 577
#2 Posted: 11:20:32 18/03/2015
Yeah it doesn't load for me either on my iPad air, gets stuck at the same spot as you - works on our iPad mini fine though (with iOS 8.1) so guess it must be an iPad air thing rather than an iOS thing?
I tried updating to iOS 8.2 on my iPad air and that didn't fix it, so just thought I would mention since you are hesitant to upgrade as it probably won't fix your issue then either smilie
---
Lost Islands Username = AlbySa
Funkymonkey Green Sparx Gems: 203
#3 Posted: 17:01:28 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much for the info. Unfortunately, I have not gotten it to work yet. My wife has an iPhone 6 and it seems to be working fine on that too so it seems like the Air really is the culprit here. I'm no techie but it seems like a strange issue to not work only on this particular iOS device and yet work on all the others just fine. If anyone has a solution, please help us out here. Much appreciated! =)
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#4 Posted: 11:50:05 01/04/2015
Same thing happened to me, for this reason I gave up playing this game.
The funniest thing is that I managed to get the error log and found the cause of the problem, sent it to Activision and they replied "thanks, we are working on a fix". This was October 29th and no reply yet.
Pity, since I have almos 17000 unused gems.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#5 Posted: 14:33:19 01/04/2015
Ipad 2 here.

3 of them in fact.

2 work fine. One won't boot the app, of course it's mine that has the problem.

Identical software on all 3.

I continue to squint at my iPhone 4 to keep ahead of my disabled son's game.

All the latest updates installed.
---
banksia123
AlbySa Blue Sparx Gems: 577
#6 Posted: 09:08:41 29/04/2015
Just incase anyone was still having this problem, after downloading the latest update from the App Store, I can now finally play on my iPad Air 2!!
So if anyone is still having any issues, hopefully if you download the latest update you should be AOK!
---
Lost Islands Username = AlbySa
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me