Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Running out of companions to buy. [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 23:47:28 13/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I am ending the last of my companion buying. I did it all without buying any gems so I am happy with my game playing.

I have left Flynn, Rufus, Fiznik, and Tessa. I plan to only buy them when they are available and at least 50% off. I have already saved up 3k gems so I am close to being able to being able to buy 2 by the next big sale if all goes well.

I am thinking -
Flynn (quicker gold)
Fiznik (more kingdom xp for the same time)
Rufus (even more kingdom xp but have to check back more often)
Tessa (Population boost which I am not hurting right now)

What would your choice be? Are there any I should just ignore and maybe buy adventure balloons and radiant fields on sale first? I am at level 41 almost 42 so nearing the upper end of the game. What will benefit me most?
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#2 Posted: 00:20:56 14/03/2015
Assuming you've got a good wishstone income, Tessa is pretty useless - plenty of B&Bs in the Wishing Well keep your Mabu population under control.
If you're past level 40 you're probably fast running out of things to spend gold on, except the extra islands. So Flynn isn't a great option.

Fiznik gives a much better return on XP - doubling everything is much more useful than just allowing you to check in earlier. Especially if you're not constantly glued to the screen.

So I would go:

Fiznik
Rufus
Flynn
Tessa
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 03:24:17 14/03/2015
But Flynn doesn't double your gold for adventures, that's Cali. Flynn lowers the time required for adventures. It lets you level Skylanders faster and complete timed missions much more comfortably. He is definitely more valuable than Fiznik - however, Fiznik goes away, so you have to get him while you can.

Rufus just makes the game more annoying unless you are fine with not collecting everything all the time. He just makes the wait for Quigley to come back up that much more painful.

Tessa is only good if you have stuff to build and don't want to wait, she makes population problems go away. She is also limited in availability, so that may be a factor.

Flynn
Fiznik
Rufus
Tessa
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 08:15:22 14/03/2015
Lets see .

If you buying two on the next sale then Rufus and Fiznik would make a great combination . They would help you the most on your current game level .

Tessa and Flynn is awesome at low levels . At your level they offer a chance to prune your extra Balloons and Mabu houses .

Do you want to level up faster or free up space ? smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 05:43:36 15/03/2015
Fiznik would be more annoying if I had buildings that collected faster than every 3 hours, but I got rid of most of those buildings so I think he's pretty nice. This is all a question of whether gold, kingdom xp or space is your biggest remaining issue... Looks like you picked some good companions to wait for last to get last.

Personally, I still haven't acquired Batterson or Avril, as I don't want to visit even Aura's island.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#6 Posted: 08:43:21 15/03/2015
Aura has a very nice neat island Kingdom and you can poke hyde every so often . She has a great mini game called find the kudo,s
---
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#7 Posted: 16:02:17 15/03/2015
That's a nice game if I weren't swimming in kudos with nothing to spend them on already.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#8 Posted: 00:17:59 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Dark fhoenix is that different than the find the kudos for all your friends? I have her and I find them but all my friends have the same thing. I don't swim in Kudos I use them as my 24 hours gem from Diggs. I think I will stay with my selections. I like the reduced adventure time because i have so many times on these weekly/monthly ones that adventures are part of the large number of quests. When it makes it elemental it is at least 30 minutes. I can dump that down a bit.
#9 Posted: 00:26:17 16/03/2015
I was being funny about find the Kudo,s game . I have little Kudos because well I dont have friends because well exploring their kingdom killed my first game .
---
#10 Posted: 00:49:44 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh okay. I was thinking there was something I didn't know about and was getting kind of excited. At least I was not missing out on anything I was not aware of. Thank you.
#11 Posted: 01:10:48 16/03/2015
We could use a couple mini games for Lost Islands .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:20 16/03/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#12 Posted: 01:16:56 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I agree, it would be nice to have some. I think there is quite a few things that could be added that make it less pointy and clicking. I actually think it would be nice if they linked a mini game completion to an in game action. E.G. have some X mini-game that does not give you a reward but it does add something that will then help you across the island. Like a collect all for shrines or something like that. Alot of possibilities besides adding more currencies to the game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me