Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What do you do after level 45 ? [CLOSED]
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#1 Posted: 11:31:22 12/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Well i will soon be joining the club 45 gang bangers in probably 3 weeks ............ Now whats a girl to do ? I suppose i need a Diggs because i see no other way to funnel my spare cash after i paid for a 50 million island and well i am halfway there . To be honest my usual game play limit is more gold then i can spend and max level .

Do i make my island pretty or functional ?
Do i get rid of 90 percent of those Cocoa Stands even if they are premium grade stuff ?
Shall get rid of spare Mabu Bed n Breakies ? I can only employ so many even less if start shaving off a few .
Do i slowly replace everything in my island with production houses ? Imagine that , every skylander in a house ....
Missing 6 companions but only two will still be somewhat useful .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#2 Posted: 12:37:12 12/03/2015
The only correct answer is whatever gives you enjoyment and causes you to keep playing the game. And no one but you knows that.

For me, I enjoy the weekly and monthly quests enough that I continue playing. Although there are days when I look at my 14,000+ gems and wonder why. I enjoy having the quests and completing them. But I have such a glut of all resources that the reward doesn't matter.

It felt weird at first to sell Fisheries, Taverns, and Cocoa Stands, but you get used to it.

I have all companions just to say I have all companions. Even though I had more wishstones than I could spend at the time I bought Cherry, to me, it felt good to get her anyway.

Why don't I move on? Because I like the game, like the style of game, but don't like the amount of time that I felt compelled to invest in it during the early levels. I'm not willing to start a new similar game and risk getting sucked into spending that amount of time again.
#3 Posted: 13:17:05 12/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow i cannot imagine selling taverns and fisheries .
---
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#4 Posted: 16:33:23 12/03/2015
Well, new characters just came out with Short Cut and Thunderbolt and the legendaries and am sure the rest of wave 4. New alter egos and their houses will come out and who knows, the new skylanders 5 will probably get the game to level 50.

All academic to me, I am hoping to get level 30 and most of my level 45 friends keep sending gifts, which is what I would think I would keep doing. Get all characters to level 15 would be a goal.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 04:51:03 13/03/2015
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
The only correct answer is whatever gives you enjoyment and causes you to keep playing the game. And no one but you knows that.

For me, I enjoy the weekly and monthly quests enough that I continue playing. Although there are days when I look at my 14,000+ gems and wonder why. I enjoy having the quests and completing them. But I have such a glut of all resources that the reward doesn't matter.

It felt weird at first to sell Fisheries, Taverns, and Cocoa Stands, but you get used to it.

I have all companions just to say I have all companions. Even though I had more wishstones than I could spend at the time I bought Cherry, to me, it felt good to get her anyway.

Why don't I move on? Because I like the game, like the style of game, but don't like the amount of time that I felt compelled to invest in it during the early levels. I'm not willing to start a new similar game and risk getting sucked into spending that amount of time again.

As usual, this is very well said! I could not agree more.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#6 Posted: 13:17:35 13/03/2015
I'm not 45 but I see some of this weirdness coming.

Tessa is one of the remaining high cost companions I don't have. She's avail right now, I realized 1) I don't have enough gems and 2) I don't need her. Kind of an odd realization. Rufus is the only other high cost companion I think I have left to get, but since I don't check the game nearly as often as I used to (twice a day) he doesn't help that much in practice.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
#7 Posted: 16:41:25 13/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Whats your level Portal Master Kfool ?
---
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#8 Posted: 17:06:55 13/03/2015
Whoops, thought I had added that. 42, 77% to 43. Fairly complete game 192 SL, all but 2 alter egos, all the giant and mini houses, most houses period. Saving gems for a few sanctums and storage space. Saving wishstones either for legend houses or to mass dump for the next alter ego weekend, I've gotten most alter egos dumping a couple thousand stones on those weekends.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#9 Posted: 08:27:23 16/03/2015
I will never sell my fisheries :-)
But what i did after joining club 45.
* sell all my cheap houses and replace them with woodstack houses, boat houses and B&B
* buy all companions
* level up all skylanders
* buy all huts and skylander homes
* my last goal was buy those light and dark gates

and now my actual goal:
* prepare for a new level cap of 50 which will arrive soon, so i max out my aquariums right now (have 11 now and guess that there is a maximum of 15) ;-)

So you see i was never one of those guys with more than 3000gems. If i have a couple of them i spend them.
#10 Posted: 12:48:21 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote:
prepare for a new level cap of 50 which will arrive soon, so i max out my aquariums right now

Who says it will happen soon if ever ?

Quote:
So you see i was never one of those guys with more than 3000gems.

I am surprised you cannot make 3000 easy . Your gem production at your level with all your current purchases should be about 150 per day . What do you spend them on ?
---
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#11 Posted: 14:00:07 16/03/2015
You can start a second game. Although, my second game is rapidly approaching 43, so I started a third game and have vowed to reach level 45 without unlocking any additional islands. That one is currently at 38.
#12 Posted: 12:25:48 17/03/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix

I am surprised you cannot make 3000 easy . Your gem production at your level with all your current purchases should be about 150 per day . What do you spend them on ?

You are right. I could make more than 100gems a day. But i did not spend more than 10 minutes a day on skylanders right now. So i do not use my huts and houses and sanctums anymore. I just take the gems from diggs, the chests and the sugar bats, as well as from my friends and the christmas tree. I also collect XP and receive 15gems a week from that. And not to forget i fullfil the weekly and monthly tasks. That makes an average of 40-50 gems a day and is OK for me.

Fill up the gems and the sanctums two or three times a day does not give me any additional pleasure right now but costs too much time in game. I think my 10 minutes a day and my payoff is a very nice balance.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#13 Posted: 20:05:23 20/03/2015
Stepping back to the original question, I think the correct answer is to hang out on this message board and answer questions from nOObs with a general air of superiority! And gripe about the "good old days" when you had to "earn" everything and the game wasn't so generous with gems smilie

Of course, you don't *need* to be level 45 to do that, but it helps with your credibility! smilie
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#14 Posted: 21:38:10 22/03/2015
Nice comment midas. Thought i am level 45 for a while now i still have the feeling that you are little superior to me because you have that special flair :-)
You always will be my level 46 guy :-)

But you are absolutly correct. There are many times now when I have much more fun here in/ on/ at the board.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 23:07:13 22/03/2015
At 45 it's simple, you have to start identifying what you feel will be satisfactory goals for "winning" this game. The answer to that is something only you can answer. With enough time and patience, everything can be acquired and every resource (including gems) trivialized. So it is just a matter of deciding at what point you will consider yourself "done".

Level 45 is just another milestone, like collecting Skylanders, collecting companions, maxing out types of buildings, being gold/energy/gems/wishstone unbound or finishing all quests. They will continue to add things for the foreseeable future, so outlasting updates is probably not a realistic goal, you will need to set your own line.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me