Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Scratch Where are You!!! [CLOSED]
VGD52 Green Sparx Gems: 391
#1 Posted: 22:24:22 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I was just wondering fellow portal masters if anyone can still find Scratch smilie because I am out of luck lol.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#2 Posted: 22:29:00 28/02/2015
Ebay, you will be paying alot but probably be the only way
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 03:18:37 02/03/2015
Nope, haven't seen her in a long time :/ Only time was back in August or so, when I got her.
---
Purple dragon.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#4 Posted: 06:26:54 02/03/2015
You won't find Scratch in stores without a miracle.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 07:29:59 02/03/2015
My brother wants an elusive scratch too .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#6 Posted: 15:31:21 02/03/2015
Selling of items is not allowed here on the forum.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
skylandscustoms Green Sparx Gems: 226
#7 Posted: 16:06:29 02/03/2015
delete my post then
AgentTerror Green Sparx Gems: 475
#8 Posted: 16:07:56 02/03/2015
I found both Fire Bone Hot Dog and Scratch in the same day at TRU just before the holidays... so it can still happen... just very unlikely.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#9 Posted: 16:43:33 02/03/2015
She's been discontinued since the end of Swap Force, so you're not very likely to find her at all unless one of your local retailers happen to either receive or find a box of old Swap Force stock. As Trap Team is the current game, most retailers will be pulling back (if they haven't already) their support for and orders of Swap Force stock (as well as that for Giants and SSA). If I remember correctly, she wasn't shortpacked when she was released, but she didn't take up half the case either. I think cases consisted of one Fire Bone Hot Dog (the hardest of that wave to find, for me), two of Scratch, Three of Fryno and the rest an assortment of reposes. If you're desperate to get her, you'll need to keep looking and hoping or buckle under and buy one on the secondary market, via third party sellers on eBay, Amazon, etc.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#10 Posted: 17:26:15 02/03/2015
If I find one I'll MSG you.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
VGD52 Green Sparx Gems: 391
#11 Posted: 18:45:43 02/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks ninja9351
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#12 Posted: 20:40:49 02/03/2015
She is long gone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:45 02/03/2015 by dinoah2005
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#13 Posted: 23:48:07 02/03/2015
A couple of weeks ago, I started looking for a second Doom Stone for a family member....I checked all the major online retailers and came up empty. The nearest GameStop which the online locator indicated had one was a 45 minute drive for me. I eventually found one at Walmart with a damaged backing after checking 8 or 9 different retail locations. I have the feeling Doom Stone in the next to go the way of Scratch.
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#14 Posted: 00:27:39 03/03/2015
I found one back in November(2014) a few days after Black Friday.
I went out to buy a lottery ticket later due to my luck.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 00:41:02 03/03/2015
Odd, I've seen her on multiple occasions here. She seems to be semi-common where I live. Or maybe I'm just lucky.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#16 Posted: 03:11:15 03/03/2015
Quote: mastermc54
A couple of weeks ago, I started looking for a second Doom Stone for a family member....I checked all the major online retailers and came up empty. The nearest GameStop which the online locator indicated had one was a 45 minute drive for me. I eventually found one at Walmart with a damaged backing after checking 8 or 9 different retail locations. I have the feeling Doom Stone in the next to go the way of Scratch.

Funny you mentioned that....I was looking for one as well, and forgot to look at the bottom of the shelf at Best Buy...there, with all backings removed, were all the Doom Stones I could handle. I even complained at checkout and got mine for $9.99. Case in point--entire wave of some characters just simply have NO GLUE to hold em up.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#17 Posted: 16:51:38 03/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: mastermc54

Funny you mentioned that....I was looking for one as well, and forgot to look at the bottom of the shelf at Best Buy...there, with all backings removed, were all the Doom Stones I could handle. I even complained at checkout and got mine for $9.99. Case in point--entire wave of some characters just simply have NO GLUE to hold em up.

You're right...Doom Stone and Rubble Rouser seemed to have the cheapest glue/adhesive to the backings. Meanwhile, last years Easter Skylanders had the sturdiest of packaging.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#18 Posted: 19:04:41 03/03/2015
Just check in stores often and you may just get lucky. However, if you do get really desperate check ebay for the best deals (But be prepared to spend around $35.00 to get one).

Quote: Matteomax
Odd, I've seen her on multiple occasions here. She seems to be semi-common where I live. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

I think you're just extremely lucky!
wtrswoopes Blue Sparx Gems: 920
#19 Posted: 05:28:48 07/03/2015
YAY! I found a pre-owned Scratch today at my local GameStop. Kinda feel bad for the guy who got $2 for trading her in.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#20 Posted: 13:18:04 07/03/2015
Actually, my Argos(Silverburn) had a few new Scratchs in stock, and my sister bought one. No idea if they're still in stock.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#21 Posted: 22:35:03 07/03/2015
Quote:
Kinda feel bad for the guy who got $2 for trading her in.

Why ? He chose to toss her away .
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#22 Posted: 19:19:45 16/03/2015
Actually, I saw a Scratch, along with two S2 Hot Dogs at TRU, Cerritos, CA. That's one of the oldest ones still standing because it's not as large as the one I go to or Buena Park
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#23 Posted: 21:41:45 20/04/2015
I think there is one at GameStop in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin if anyone lives near there.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#24 Posted: 22:42:23 20/04/2015
Hmm my area seems to get restocks of her once a blue moon at TRU.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#25 Posted: 17:30:34 21/04/2015
I'm pretty sure I saw both Doom Stone and Rubble Rouser at the TRU in Stockton, CA.
minikaboom Green Sparx Gems: 356
#26 Posted: 19:36:52 21/04/2015
This week's TRU ad for Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off older figures has Scratch on the ad.

[User Posted Image]

Is this 1) HUGE troll move from TRU or, 2) Possible sign they have some sitting somewhere they're pushing out to stores? I know it's probably the first one but would love for it to be #2 for all those who are still looking to pick her up because she's amazing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:55 21/04/2015 by minikaboom
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#27 Posted: 19:42:10 21/04/2015
Past TRU ads have been known to show hard to find SkyLanders, such as Boomer, Darklight Crypt, S2 Bash, etc.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#28 Posted: 21:38:13 21/04/2015
Scratch is the image replacement for Boomer. It will never be there smilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#29 Posted: 17:21:46 22/04/2015
I saw two just a couple a days ago at my TRU in Fullerton
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Saffycat75 Green Sparx Gems: 353
#30 Posted: 04:20:45 09/12/2015
Walked into Toysrus this weekend to grab an Elite and just for fun we were glancing at the older figures and joking about how we never see Scratch and boom! There she was they had 4 that we saw maybe more.... Not sure if this was sheer luck or a restock but you might check if you are close to one. We did a triple take before grabbing her and dancing the happy dance we've been looking everywhere we can think of since her initial release...They also had her marked down 65% and she counted for the BOGO 40% so she was maybe $3! Good luck! :-)
#31 Posted: 13:40:58 09/12/2015
I traded a chase variant Trap Master for Scratch and something else . She is much smaller then i expected .
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#32 Posted: 21:58:11 09/12/2015
She's a really cool figure, I wish I got one sooner as she's now one of my favs. I think I got mine about 3 or 4 weeks ago used from the buy two get three free Gamestop sale online, but they sent her from some Gamestop in another state instead of the Texas warehouse. She seems to have been on the website for over a month now for something like $6.99 or $8.99? Anyway, TRU always seems to be finding more old stock, I think Activision has warehouses of older figures just waiting to be shipped (including those elusive Yawn traps).
---
Stay Cool!
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#33 Posted: 19:07:49 29/01/2016
Just want to let people know that I encountered some in-store on-shelf stock of late-wave Swap Force singles -- including Scratch -- yesterday, at Toys R Us.
I do not know how long they had been on the pegs. I do not know where they came from. Maybe Activision is re-issuing them to stores. Maybe this was just a "lost" case of Skylanders that had been buried in a dark corner of the storeroom. Or maybe something else. So, this message obviously comes with the "Your Mileage May Vary" disclaimer, but if you have been searching for Scratch for a long time, it *might* be worth it for you to visit a TRU today. It's also nice that TRU has a "BOGT" promotion running right now for all Giants and Swap Force singles. I was at the store hoping for the minute chance that the Bronze variant Roller Brawl (no luck), but finding Scratch in the wild was almost as satisfying!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#34 Posted: 19:30:32 29/01/2016
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Just want to let people know that I encountered some in-store on-shelf stock of late-wave Swap Force singles -- including Scratch -- yesterday, at Toys R Us.
I do not know how long they had been on the pegs. I do not know where they came from. Maybe Activision is re-issuing them to stores. Maybe this was just a "lost" case of Skylanders that had been buried in a dark corner of the storeroom. Or maybe something else. So, this message obviously comes with the "Your Mileage May Vary" disclaimer, but if you have been searching for Scratch for a long time, it *might* be worth it for you to visit a TRU today. It's also nice that TRU has a "BOGT" promotion running right now for all Giants and Swap Force singles. I was at the store hoping for the minute chance that the Bronze variant Roller Brawl (no luck), but finding Scratch in the wild was almost as satisfying!

Yep, there was another thread that mentioned them showing up a week or two before Christmas. That's when I got mine during one of those 75% off sales or buy one get two free, whatever sales. They had some killer sales in December and they brought out a couple cases of late Swap Force in each store. I eventually got one of each character from that late wave, but it took a few trips and restocks.
---
Stay Cool!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#35 Posted: 20:37:03 29/01/2016
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Yes, I also saw 2 Scratch, 1 Fire Bone Hot Dog, 2 Horn Blast Whirlwinds and 1 Hyper Beam Prism Break on the pegs yesterday. TRU was selling them B1G2 free, so it is a good time to check if you are in the market. I didn't see them there today when Wave 4 came in at my store.

Hey BahamutBreaker, I found a Bronze Roller Brawl up at my store. My first chase variant find! Technically second, if you count the one TakeYourLemons got for High Volt when I was there with him a few months ago.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#36 Posted: 23:03:44 29/01/2016
Quote: defpally

Hey BahamutBreaker, I found a Bronze Roller Brawl up at my store. My first chase variant find! Technically second, if you count the one TakeYourLemons got for High Volt when I was there with him a few months ago.

That is freakin' awesome!!!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#37 Posted: 00:06:26 30/01/2016
swap force cores are coming back?

HMMMMMMMMM
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#38 Posted: 00:42:08 30/01/2016
They had the same offering at my tru today
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#39 Posted: 00:55:01 30/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
swap force cores are coming back?

HMMMMMMMMM

No. People don't realize that Wave 4 scarcity is often a result of retailers not wanting as much stock for the later waves. And it is immediately followed up with Wave 5. Activision then uses the Wave 4 stuff as filler when the new game comes out. They didn't have many of them, maybe one case.
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#40 Posted: 12:30:19 19/02/2016
OMG SCRATCH WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO RARE!
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
The Collecter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1165
#41 Posted: 04:18:24 21/02/2016
Check Walmart.com, they sell preowned skylanders, reasonable prices too. But they had Scratch earlier for $7.94, now if they would just get Echo, Spotlight and Blackout i'd be set, lol.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#42 Posted: 06:30:03 21/02/2016
Quote: The Collecter
Check Walmart.com, they sell preowned skylanders, reasonable prices too. But they had Scratch earlier for $7.94, now if they would just get Echo, Spotlight and Blackout i'd be set, lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought things at great prices. This is awesome. Come on scratch get here soon baby....
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me