Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Art Challenge Topic [STICKY]
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#1 Posted: 00:57:52 14/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello everyone, I have decided to create a topic for artists, like yourselves, to help in way, improve yourselves...

How you may ask? By bringing on challenges, and those challenges accepted will be drawn to the best of your drawing ability with no exceptions besides as long as you try and do the best art you can draw!

But before starting, why not go over the rules for this little topic?

• First and foremost, this topic is to challenge your own art ability, and to help you improve. So if you can, please try your best to draw to the best of your ability if you can, don't put half a heart into your work and do what you can to go all the way...This is to help you improve after all.

• For the moment, we will be doing one challenge at a time. This is to keep things organized and so things in this topic won't easily be brought to confusion...If more than one person accidentally issues a challenge at the same time as another person, the first person who posted will be the challenge to accept, then the post afterword would be the next challenge, do not issue any more challenges until the challengers who've accepted completed both challenges.

• Do not use any one else art as yours. This is to help improve your skills and your skills alone. An exception to this rule is...

• When issuing challenges, use the best rendition of the challenge you are issuing. whether an image or artwork from someone else, so people may get the best detail to better challenge themselves in their artistic skill, or explain as thoroughly as you can what you want drawn in a challenge.

• Give credit where credit is due. Whether that means taking art from others to give the best idea when issuing a challenge, or taking a challenger's art here to use as something for you, make sure you give the artist credit.

• Constructive criticism and advice only please. There are ways to help people with their art by giving out your opinion, thoughts, and advice...But giving such advice, opinions, or thoughts in a rude way usually won't help people...In fact it might cause them to stay away from any sort of advice you give, so try to put these things in the best terms you can.

• Do not start your personal debates here. If you have a bone to pick with someone because of their opinion, you can always take it with that person, Personal Messages, Guestbooks, however you want to do it...But not here in this topic.

• All challengers have two weeks to complete their challenge. Though if you do not or cannot finish within two weeks, do not worry, just reply before the weeks are up, state that you need more time in this topic, you aren't rushed to make your best drawing of the challenge, go at your pace or if you find a challenge you accepted too hard or not enough time in your day to do it, you may always drop out, there is nothing wrong with dropping out and there is no penalty or shame.

• If you want, you may choose one person to challenge at a time when you issue a challenge. Make sure this person knows you are challenging them with your request, Personal Message or any other means, as long as they know, and if that person you called out accepts your challenge, please direct them toward here so they may say they are accepting that challenge in this topic to keep from confusion as multiple people may still accept the challenge you give out as an issuer and to know why they posted their art here of your challenge.

• Any and multiple people may accept the same challenge. For the reason why the one challenge at a time rule is there is because the challenge issued can be accepted by any number of people, by anyone, sort of like competing amongst yourselves but there will be no such thing as winners of a challenge until I have assessed that the challengers can take opinions, advice, and thoughts in a good way. The issuer of a challenge may still give out their opinions and advice though just the same as anyone toward anyone's art.

• You have 24 hours to accept a challenge, then afterwords the two week timer will start. You may still accept a challenge even when the two week timer starts but it will not stop if you're late in accepting, but you may still ask for more time even if late in accepting, as an example if one day away from the two week timer ending and you accepted a challenge then, you may still state you need more time.

• A vote system may be started. If people aren't accepting a challenge or turning away from it for three days, two more challenges may be set out for people to vote on, but do not turn away from every challenge just because it's disliked, you wouldn't be challenging yourself if you turned away from from every challenge because you "didn't like it"

• The issuers of challenges may join in on their own challenge. Please put in your issuing challenge post that you accept your own challenge. When setting out a contest challenge though, you cannot consider yourself as a person contesting but you can still challenge yourself...This is to keep things fair so you cannot choose yourself as a winner of your own contest challenges.

And these last rules are for later references and will only apply when this topic starts getting off on the right foot, please though, do not issue or start these things until I've assessed that the topic is doing well...These rules for later are:

• When a contest challenge is issued, the only judge is the issuer of that challenge. Constructive criticism, opinions, and thoughts on art can still be made by anyone, but only the issuer can truly choose who "won" the contest.

• Issuers please try not to choose winners by your emotional ties with people. Though this does not mean to act completely logical and no one is perfect in this instance, choosing someone to win just because they are your friend can be somewhat unfair in contests.

• Try to keep competitions friendly or in good sportsmanship. Compliment each other, make jokes, say how much you love their art, congratulate the challenger who won, but don't fight or put down the person who won, personal debates stay out of this topic and this is including bad sports.

I'll start off with a challenge, but before we do so, we will have three days for a Q&A, and then I will start a challenge on Monday.

When we start, the artists who are accepting a challenge, please state you are doing so in this topic so that we know who the challengers are. We want to do our best to keep things organized and clean here.

These rules are to possible change in the future, so please keep a lookout on what is to change, even if that means rereading every rule, keep yourself up-to-date with them so confusion does not ensue.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 19:50:32 16/02/2015 by Dark Lord
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#2 Posted: 02:09:41 16/02/2015
This is intersting, but is anyone going to do it?
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
#3 Posted: 02:35:50 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Me, personally, won't be participating in any challenges as I do not have great artistic skill and haven't even learned to draw or taken any sort of art classes, but I cannot answer for everyone else, anyone may challenge or issue a challenge when this starts, hopefully we will have just as many people challenging as there are those issuing challenges.

The main goal is to help improve artistic skill of the challengers, so I'm hoping that there will be many participants to join and challenge themselves and sometimes as well as each other.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 04:39:53 16/02/2015
How about I throw in a challenge to kick things off?

Many artists have to attempt to exploit in different styles and different types of animals and beings. This challenge well be of your favorite Animal (Can be an extinct animal) but put into Sonic Style. Should be a good thing to start on. Let's see what you guys got.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#5 Posted: 07:11:29 16/02/2015
This seems interesting, I most definitely will keep a eye out for this topic.
#6 Posted: 18:59:36 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I did have a challenge ready for people today if they'd rather that as a first challenge?

This is really a kind of "it depends" situation as some people maybe trying to look for and better themselves in new or different styles while other maybe trying to better themselves in their own styles, it might be better to issue a first challenge where everyone can do their own styles to challenge themselves to the best of their ability instead of a different style, but people might be trying to learn different styles.

This somewhat depends on what the artists want as a first challenge, would you rather Trix's or someone else?
---
#7 Posted: 19:21:26 16/02/2015
Maybe having a handful of challenges, so people have a variety to pick from, might be of use.

Since mine mainly is meant to help those trying to develop others that don't have their own style. Since you have to learn from others to develop your style first.

But for those that have their own style would like to improve other things. So possibly have a vote on challenges maybe?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#8 Posted: 19:33:18 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Alright then, we'll have a vote system for a few different challenges set out so the challengers may choose what challenge is set out for specific needs.

And also, just because we are just starting this topic out so that people may try out different things or get on a challenge with their own style and that and to bring more people in, it will be allowed that three challenges this once can be set out at the same time, so people have a variety to choose from this once to start things out better...Say who's challenge you're accepting so we know who's doing who's challenge.

Also a new rule is being added for those who sent out challenges but are artists at the same time.
---
#9 Posted: 09:15:42 18/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Hey everyone, I have a second challenge for everyone to choose out of our three-way challenge, though if no one issues a third challenge, we'll make it only a two way challenge, you will have Trix's challenge and my challenge to choose out of, this is not a vote, these are so you have multiple challenges to choose from so that everyone may have a direction to take on how to challenge themselves for the first challenges, after this, the one challenge rule will be taken into effect.

Here is my challenge, a character of mine named Zae'tyssa.

Front:

[User Posted Image]

Back:

[User Posted Image]

Close-up:

[User Posted Image]

And there ya go, I don't have anything specific of how you draw her, what background, style, what she would be doing, if to draw full body or not, etcetera etcetera...Just that she's drawn

You may accept either of the two challenges already set out while we're waiting for the third to be issued.

Edit: Sorry for neglecting this topic, also no more challenges maybe issued at this time, the two challenges you may accept are mine and Trix's, enjoy challengers.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:06:23 26/02/2015 by Dark Lord
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#10 Posted: 21:13:36 08/03/2015
I'm actually interested! I have been for a little while, but forgot to comment, my apologies! smilie
So the two challenges are "draw your favorite animal in Sonic style" or "draw Zae'tyssa?"
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#11 Posted: 21:45:18 08/03/2015
^Yeah. Pretty much at the moment.
---
icon from Empoh
#12 Posted: 21:52:52 08/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShadowMewX
I'm actually interested! I have been for a little while, but forgot to comment, my apologies! smilie
So the two challenges are "draw your favorite animal in Sonic style" or "draw Zae'tyssa?"

Yes, it is, and no problem, seems that for these first few challenges it will be allowed for anyone to accept them at anytime instead of having a twenty-four hour limit then the two week timer starting, the two week timer might start after each challenge has at least one challenger, but there might not be any timers at all on these first few challenges since waiting for challengers to accept.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me