darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > The Sorceress's Motivation: Ripping Off Baby Wings
Page 1 of 1
The Sorceress's Motivation: Ripping Off Baby Wings [CLOSED]
Windbringer Ripto Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 23:42:39 28/01/2015 | Topic Creator
This is revealed in that "monster to end all monsters" scene:

One of the grittiest motivations for a children's villain, EVER.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#2 Posted: 00:03:38 29/01/2015
And she basically says outright she doesn't care if it kills the babies. o_o The Sorceress and Ripto spook me with their blood thirstiness.
#3 Posted: 00:06:00 29/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Do you think a successor to this will actually show blood?
#4 Posted: 19:22:55 29/01/2015
Haha, no. The Spyro franchise, even at it's darkest and grittiest (*eye roll*), is a game for kids.
#5 Posted: 19:25:23 29/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Haha, no. The Spyro franchise, even at it's darkest and grittiest (*eye roll*), is a game for kids.

Hey, come on. I wasn't born yesterday, so I very well know that, but do you think it would be so ironic if it existed?
#6 Posted: 20:05:19 29/01/2015
I think you've got the wrong definition of ironic here. What do you mean? Having blood in a kids' game series isn't ironic by any definition.
#7 Posted: 20:07:33 29/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I think you've got the wrong definition of ironic here. What do you mean? Having blood in a kids' game series isn't ironic by any definition.

I meant a successor not focused on kids.
#8 Posted: 03:15:10 30/01/2015
You should have said that in the first place. XD But still no. That just doesn't fit the tone or theme of any Spyro game. May as well just play Drakengard (which is full of dead dragons and blood, just like every dragon game that isn't Spyro).
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#9 Posted: 03:17:10 30/01/2015
Meh. I got my hands on Kirby games before playing YotD. No kids game is gonna compare to some of those villains. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 03:22:52 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Hel-LOOOOOOOOOOOO-oooooooooooooh! I still think you're not getting it. I don't mean a series that's still about Spyro. While it would loosely have a Spyro-esthetic, it won't be about Spyro or anyone in the Spyro universe entirely. It would focus on completely different characters, possibly even replace cheetahs and bunnies with other creatures to compensate.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 03:32:51 30/01/2015
I was referring more to the "gritty villain" comment. I certainly found the Sorceress more threatening than Ripto or Gnasty Gnorc, but certainly not that frightening of a villain for a kids' game. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#12 Posted: 03:58:31 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
I was referring more to the "gritty villain" comment. I certainly found the Sorceress more threatening than Ripto or Gnasty Gnorc, but certainly not that frightening of a villain for a kids' game. <.<;

I was actually trying to talk to Razz that time, but Chrome was really giving me a hard time (I've been using my iPod touch at the time).
#13 Posted: 04:59:21 30/01/2015
No need to be rude, Windbringer. You never said any of this to begin with and you posted it in the YotD board. What else is anyone supposed to think you're referring to? And if you're not talking about a Spyro game, then what's the point of this topic even being in here? A successor to a thing means it's next version, i.e., a successor to a Spyro game would be another Spyro game. There's really not another way to take that phrasing.

If you mean like a spiritual successor...still no. Putting in blood and darkness and all that rot negates the general spirit of the Spyro franchise.
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#14 Posted: 09:41:19 13/06/2015
Putting in blood and darkness and all that rot negates the general spirit of the Spyro franchise.

TLoS tried too hard, and didn't focus on making the gameplay good. It's all combat. I know this isn't the place to discuss that, but basically, I know what you're saying.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me