Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Page 1 of 1
What fictional character do you relate to the most? [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 06:26:18 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Just as the title says. Share! You can give a brief explanation if you like.

For me, it's Jay Gatsby. Without a doubt. I can be very passionate about people, especially in the realm of love, often to the point where it clouds my judgment. But I still continue, because I have hope that there can be happy endings in this world. I'm not afraid to chase the green lights.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:27:56 25/01/2015 by Metallo
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#2 Posted: 06:26:38 25/01/2015
u tell me
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#3 Posted: 06:30:17 25/01/2015
Ene
Mostly because she's kinda like me in the way that she talks a lot and is cheerful when she's feeling good. When she's tired or feels like crap though she's just a turd and is negative about everything
Other than her though I can't think of one
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 06:44:05 25/01/2015
Probably Alicia

Because she does have family issues, though she threw out her dad with the help of her friends (Or what I would call her second Family), and I do get depressed and angry at a person that I do not have a very good recent history with. Oh and seems elegant, but she can be a pretty violent person ever. And back sass, sarcasm, kind helps. And considering she did kind of raise Miles, I can say I helped raise or help people out from time to time, and well they wind up doing better than me on Flight Rising (HOW?!). I could think up a few more things, but I'll look further into those things.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#5 Posted: 07:05:00 25/01/2015
Probably Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica.

I seriously haven't found a character I relate to more. I understand all the pain she went through and I've had a lot of that same pain in my life, especially over relationships. I also try to take everyone's burdens away, leaving myself in a harder position than before, and I often feel like a total screw up.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#6 Posted: 07:07:15 25/01/2015
Takashi Natsume. Not cause of the whole "I can see demons" thing, but the whole going out of their way to not bother or be a nuisance to people you care about in case they might think you're weird and not like you anymore thing.

Also Chiaki nanami cause video games and talking is hard.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#7 Posted: 07:20:36 25/01/2015
Probably Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass books.
I just found the way she thinks and speaks to be very much like me and i could relate to the way she reacted to certain situations. I feel I can relate to her feelings of anger and depression and rage and passion and i have never felt more immersed in a series of books than with these due to my connection with her. We also look like super similar which is an awesome bonus.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#8 Posted: 07:34:03 25/01/2015
There are two that I relate to.

shintaro kisaragi from kagerou days/project/whatever you call it and Ava from Ava's Demon.

Shintaro because 18, unemployed virgin who is addicted to the internet fits me perfectly lmao. i also get apathetic a lot, and don't have much friends. i used to keep my distance from others in primary school (but tried my best to be more outgoing in high school. didn't work).
except i'm nowhere near as smart as him. i'm smarter than average, but not a genius. I also had a close friend in year 8 and 9, who was the best friend I ever had in my life, but she moved to a different state, and I never had a good friend after that. So I relate to his loss of a close friend.

Ava because of her lack of friends and her self-esteem issues. I'm also on the short side, and I relate with her character interactions with people. My personality is different depending on the person. I'm shy with people some people (especially if I think they hate me), but more myself with others. I also think I'm not pretty.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 08:40:48 25/01/2015
I was gonna say Wreck-It Ralph, but I've changed a lot since I first saw that film, so I'm not certain. I will say that I've never related to a fictional character more than I originally related to him- I also felt horrible because of the situation I was (and still kinda-am) in, and I did do something selfish and terrible out of naivete and (partially justified) angry feelings, but I changed my worldviews and became a better person. Hell, maybe I still have more in common than I think, because I'm still very naive sometimes. But that's a very subdued trait now.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:48:42 25/01/2015 by Arc of Archives
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#10 Posted: 10:11:35 25/01/2015
Hmm.. This is difficult...

I've always kinda seen myself as Hermione Granger.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:36 25/01/2015 by AvatariDragon
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#11 Posted: 11:35:35 25/01/2015
No idea. I've never felt that way about any fictional character.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#12 Posted: 15:23:28 25/01/2015
My friends say I'm like Tsubaki from Soul Eater. She is kind, helpful and likes to make sure everyone gets along, but also has pretty much no backbone and is afraid to tell people her feelings because she thinks their problems are more important than hers. Pretty accurate, actually.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#13 Posted: 16:40:16 25/01/2015
I'm not sure, but I've been compaired to:
Ricken (Fire Emblem)
Pit
England (Hetalia)

If any of those I'd say Ricken smilie
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#14 Posted: 16:49:33 25/01/2015
Booster Gold
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#15 Posted: 17:32:31 25/01/2015
George Bailey from It's A Wonderful Life. Sometimes I need to remind myself that "A man who has friends is never a failure"
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#16 Posted: 17:47:03 25/01/2015
Deadpool.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#17 Posted: 17:52:13 25/01/2015
Sonic, and cute little Shinx.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#18 Posted: 18:03:37 25/01/2015
I don't ever relate myself to fictional characters.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#19 Posted: 18:16:04 25/01/2015
Russel from Pixars Up.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#20 Posted: 18:50:39 25/01/2015
shuuya kano
personally i hate the character but i cant deny that were very much alike
mostly for worse than better
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#21 Posted: 19:24:34 25/01/2015
I don't know,what do you thinks?
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#22 Posted: 19:54:31 25/01/2015
I've always sort have felt like Dipper from Gravity Falls is almost exactly like me. It's almost scary.
Windbringer Ripto Gems: 10
#23 Posted: 17:24:52 26/01/2015
On terms of personality alone, it would be Uncharted's Nathan Drake. I used to have a second, but I forgot who he was.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#24 Posted: 18:53:00 26/01/2015
tingle, i steal large amounts of money from fairy boys
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#25 Posted: 19:41:17 26/01/2015
[User Posted Image]
Okabe
For lots of reasons, but mainly my eccentricities, appearance, and my obsessive devotion to those I care about.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#26 Posted: 00:17:56 27/01/2015
solid snake
---
tubular
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#27 Posted: 06:46:43 27/01/2015
I can actually identify or see myself in a lot of characters that I like, but I'm only going to name a few to keep things simple:

Kermit - Pureness of heart and physical appearance

Tricero and Espio - These two are usually calm most of the time and coincidentally, I've been known for being pretty calm myself.

Stego and Ord - When I was a kid, there were times where I was a bit cowardly, such as being afraid of thunderstorms and the dark. However, I eventually overcame those fears, except heights.

Scooby & Shaggy, Garfield, Pac-Man, Yoshi, Goku and Chowder - These guys love to eat, and so do I.

Gohan and Aang - I share the same dislike of violence as they do and have only used it for necessary defense.

Master Splinter and Mufasa - In addition to being known for my high level of intelligence, I'm also known for my wisdom.

Sonic and Shadow - I'm just as cocky, arrogant and smug as this hedgehog duo. Plus I love to run and don't like being in one place for too long.

Donatello, Dimetro, Tails, Slippy, Ripster (My current avatar) Dexter, Flik (and other smart characters) - Like this group, I'm mostly known for my high level of intellect, as many people have pointed it out and acknowledged me for it.

Speaking of Yoshi and Sonic, they were born in the same year and month I was respectively. This is why they're two of my mains in Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U. (Yoshi - 1990, Sonic - June)
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 07:07:02 27/01/2015 by Iblistech
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#28 Posted: 23:11:08 27/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow, these are all pretty interesting.

In a way, I can also kinda see myself as Hamlet because I tend to be very indecisive sometimes, and I can let certain isolated events affect my perception of reality. Inductive reasoning at its worst, I suppose.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#29 Posted: 13:52:49 01/02/2015
People are complex and unique. So I find myself to be a mixture of characters. I can relate to a lot of villains which is most likely due to most of them just wanting to achieve what they rightfully deserve/own and living through situations the protagonist would never survive. But I can think of one prominent character that I can wholeheartedly relate to...

[User Posted Image]

Eeyore

Boy, where do I begin?

I'm depressed/gloomy although apathetic (to the point where my depression doesn't bother me and it's just become a part of my nature.)
I have low self esteem.
I'm a pessimist.
I'm introverted.
I enjoy being alone.
I go around unnoticed.
I'm constantly tired.
I don't often talk and when I do I like to keep it short.
I prefer to observe people from afar and don't socialize much.
I don't have many friends.

There's most likely more I can relate with, but I can't currently think of them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:21 01/02/2015 by Spyro Fanatic
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#30 Posted: 14:25:38 01/02/2015
Starlow.

[User Posted Image]

I can be clumsy and overacting at times, but I still look over my friends and help them in any way I can.
---
My life is complete.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#31 Posted: 15:24:02 01/02/2015
Let's get the ball rolling here...

Obvious number one outta the way, is...... Bowser.

Now, this is less from the "blarg I'm evil I kidnap princesses !!!!1!1" and more from the points of not abusing minions/friends (like every other villain out there), facing the "hero" who is a self righteous jerkbag but who still manages to be popular with everyone, and willing to work with enemies against bigger threats.

The next both have plot spoilers, so, yeah, spoilered.

Corvus from Dragonquest IX.

Seems odd yeah? well, yeah. So I started my life as a nice guy who never really got angry or emotional or violent, and I liked to help people and do good things, similar to Corvus when he was an angel. Now around grade 3/4 I was subject to some pretty bad bullying, which resulted in my life taking a complete 180. Instead of wanting to help people, I often used to go out of my way to make people sad, miserable, angry, etc. Corvus and I share the fact that we both changed for the worse when we were wronged.

Shadow the hedgehog from Shadow the hedgehog smilie

As some of you are probably aware, this game was a big part of my childhood, and I often felt that I WAS Shadow, yeah, weird I know. Anyway,I share his need of trying to find his place in the world, where he belongs. I felt the same way, but unfortunately for me, I didn't follow the most important point in the story, where Shadow realizes he can be whoever he wants. Which led me wandering my life aimlessly for a long time...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#32 Posted: 17:33:01 01/02/2015
I-D-D-K
---
Gay 4 GARcher
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5698
#33 Posted: 17:57:52 01/02/2015
So! Where do I begin with this, hm? Let's see...I have a few on my mind that share o accurate things with me at times, but I don't know which one takes the cake.

What people think of me

My first would probably be Gohan from the Dragon Ball Z series. This is what most people tell me, anyways. I believe I am pretty smart, a huge nerd, caring for others, and possibly even viscious when pushed to the limit. But overall, I believe that in this aspect, I can relate to him pretty well.

Okay, next one is pretty weird, but I have been told this quite a few times: Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler. Yes, I can be one of the craziest people ever, and they also say I am super gay, so enough said LOL. Must I go into detail? smilie

Now this one, I don't get at all...Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. How am I anything like her? I have no sense of swag whatsoever! Maybe in the point that she is loyal? I barely even think of myself this way....but oh well! It's only opinion, anyways.

(Keep in mind I just added this to just show differences in what people see and I see .-.)

*~*~*~*~

What I think of myself, and who I believe I relate to the most...

I hope you are ready for one of the biggest descriptions I ever did. There is some backstory on this one, and I would like to explain it before getting into it.

"I never stay in the same place for too long. I always move schools..."

How. Much. The. Haters. Will. Hate.

Okay, so that is the main idea here. Ever since I was little, my family and I never stayed in the same place for too long. Well, not until we moved to the crap community I live in today. Three year anniversary soon everyone, woop woop. Point is, hell, I hate moving, but I have this thing where some sort of bad luck follows me wherever I go, so we have to move for some reason. From not being able to pay the rent, to our landlords kicking us out because something happened, we have been there. Hm, and on top of this, wherever I go, I have that one group who doesn't leave me alone >.> Another reason why I have moved a few times...

"He hides a deep sorrow and loneliness behind his smile, and doesn't appear to have much self esteem or a good self image."

Hi, the name's derpy, and I think of myself as a horrible person that has no good qualities. Yes, believe it or not, I think I have nothing great about myself, and because of this, I tend to stay around the same group of people all of the time. Heh, I am one of those people, yes...What else is there to say though? I never thought of myself as great...And on top of that, even though I do tend to act like I'm fne, I feel as if not even my best friends like me, so I feel pretty alone at times...

"He doesn't stand up for himself much beyond token protests, but will do whatever it takes to help his friends, even going as far as to sacrifice himself for their safety."

Hi again! If you knew me in real life, I am really that one person who never stands up for themselves, but anyone who ****s with my friends will get something coming to them. Thing is, when it comes to my own safety, for some reason, I tend to start getting really scared, and end up getting away from the danger, or staying silent about my ****. Yeeeeeah, I can be like that too. People say I can be good at this, but they never know half the things I keep to myself and hide from.

"He is a bit of a strange character"

I can't really say much else, but yeah, I tend to be very weird when I am with friends and such vwv

"He is really into the occult, and other supernatural phenomena"

Getting into my likes, I am very much into the ideas of magick, things that happen by themselves, and even things about demons. Hi, another awkward confession from you average darkSpyro user derpyhooves....Let's see if you can know where his is going now.

"He tends to act like certain things never happened."

Yeah, you will see me getting asked certain things and responding with things like "Nothing happened", or "Don't worry about it, or even the old "It's fine, I'm okay." but in some cases, I start to break down, and in huge waves I confess...Thanks for being with me, bipolar depression.

"Oh no, why is HE here?"

Oh, how much I hear this one. What did I ever do? Am I that bad or what? Enough said there, but I tend to be that one person who seems to not be favored the most...Kinda goes with how much I am bullied in school, and even out.

"The one who others tend to portray as very dramatic"

...Yeah, that one kind of explains itself.

"When brought to a certain point, he can act the exact opposite as usual."

Oh. my dear fanfictions...where art thou? Yes, now people probably know EXACTLY WHERE I AM GOING. This is more of the real sense, and not in the anime articles I am pulling these from, but yeah...I tend to act extremely sadistic and REALLY manipulative...Hey, another word from derpy!

Conclusion

[User Posted Image]

The user derpyhooves can relate to this one character really well....(two! Kind of?) And it goes into his huge obsession...Ever hear of the character Ryo Bakura about on the forums? Maybe? But yeah, I found this out, and in all truth, I only obsess over him, and even his Yami, because I feel as if I can relate to them SO MUCHHHH! Now to leave! *disappears into the shadows*

DAMN!!! I. Typed. Too. much!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:13:04 01/02/2015 by derpyhooves
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#34 Posted: 18:23:27 01/02/2015
Xiao Pai (Rune Factory 4)
[User Posted Image]
"The sky is soaked in clouds!"
(Look at this adorable piece of ****.)

Anyways, We both are very clumsy, we both trip over our own feet. We both have a very poor memory, which results in having to write things down. Also we want nothing but to get better. We also have a mature side, but because of how clumsy we are, we have a hard time showing it. People are often annoyed by her clumsiness, which has happened to me on several occasions. We both hate tomatoes. We both like flowers.

There are some slight differences between us, however, like she likes Chinese Food(Chinese Manju) ..and I really don't. She also has an odd way of talking. "Why do plates break so easy?"

Yeah, that's what I think anyways.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#35 Posted: 18:26:42 01/02/2015
Quote: Metallo
Just as the title says. Share! You can give a brief explanation if you like.

For me, it's Jay Gatsby. Without a doubt. I can be very passionate about people, especially in the realm of love, often to the point where it clouds my judgment. But I still continue, because I have hope that there can be happy endings in this world. I'm not afraid to chase the green lights.

I seriously thought of this book when I read the topic title.

Nick Carraway
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me