Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
animal rights activists. [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#1 Posted: 04:09:25 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
THIS ANIMAL IS UNHAPPY AND IT'S STRESSED!

Meanwhile, said animal is being treated like a king in an enclosure that is large, resembles their environment and gets fed daily.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#2 Posted: 04:13:06 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Pixilism
which zero punctuation is this 1 from

idk.

i'm still watching the episodes so no spoilers plz.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#3 Posted: 04:17:44 24/01/2015
PETA in a nutshell.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#4 Posted: 04:53:44 24/01/2015
yahtzee's funny for a miserable old ****
---
tubular
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 04:56:45 24/01/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
THIS ANIMAL IS UNHAPPY AND IT'S STRESSED!

Meanwhile, said animal is being treated like a king in an enclosure that is large, resembles their environment and gets fed daily.

Don't forget to step over the homeless tonight as you go home and treat your stressed pets.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#6 Posted: 14:03:13 24/01/2015
Statistically speaking, animals live longer, healthier lives in zoos and reserves than they normally would in the wild.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#7 Posted: 14:23:52 24/01/2015
Yeah, but what about the animals that are mistreated in carnivals? I don't agree with zoo's either and haven't been since I was nine. Keeping animals locked up and not in their natural habitat is wrong.
breakfastpugbam Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#8 Posted: 15:13:59 24/01/2015
i know zer0dch i feel the excact same
---
You can't compete with all that puginess.
All the pugginess was had that day.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#9 Posted: 16:02:10 24/01/2015
Quote: zer0dch
Yeah, but what about the animals that are mistreated in carnivals? I don't agree with zoo's either and haven't been since I was nine. Keeping animals locked up and not in their natural habitat is wrong.

zoos are hugely important in conservation and education
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#10 Posted: 16:08:10 24/01/2015
I'm all for protecting animals that are being mistreated, but who's to say that the animals in a good zoo aren't happy and comfortable?
We assume that the animals care about, or even recognize the fact that they can't leave their enclosure. This is partly because we project our own thoughts on them. We think they long for freedom, as we would, but we neglect the fact that this thought form is a human one. It's what goes on in our own heads. It's the ridiculous notion that "natural" somehow equals "good" or "better", that makes us think that way about animals.

An animal doesn't necessarily care whether it can go see what's on the other side of the fence. In the wild animals live under a constant threat. They constantly need to find food not to die, and they need to be on a constant lookout not to die. In the wild, animals simply don't die of old age, virtually all animals get killed and eaten at the end of their lives (if a sickness or a some other mishap or accident doesn't kill them first).

Humans were once like that too, our life expectancy used to be 30-something. Yet when we find a previously undiscovered tribe of humans, we don't think they're "flourishing happily in their natural habitat", they're riddled with hunger and disease, without shelter, and they're scared of everything because they've had to live their entire lives being scared to not die!
Personally, I would choose civilization and comfort over the savannas of Africa any time.

Put simply, what activists often think the animals want/need is simply not what they actually want/need. An animal might not necessarily even want for anything, as long as it has food to eat, no painful diseases, it's safe and it has a mate to bang, it could very well be content.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#11 Posted: 17:10:41 24/01/2015
Edit: Alright, I've woken up enough *rolls sleeves up*

I'm just gonna go through each section about animal rights issues and kinda go from there.

Zoos: I think that's what OP was mostly aiming for, but let me just say that not all zoos are great, and I doubt animals are always happy, even if they do seem to be receiving good treatment. While I don't particularly agree with zoos, I will admit that they can be beneficial, as some of you had previously mentioned. However, a lot of the ones I've seen aren't good for them. Take elephants for example, and I'll probably use them a lot since I know more about them than other animals, one elephant alone will walk for miles in one day. Most zoos I've seen will put in two or three in like a one or two acre enclosure. Animals aren't creatures that are meant to be gawked at all day. If these people want to do it for conservation purposes, create a sanctuary, one that isn't open to the public. Otherwise, they're doing it for the people, or rather for the money, not for the animals.

Circuses: I don't even know where to begin with this one... For one thing, I just wanna say that I don't think animals should even be used for our entertainment. I suppose that could make me a "hypocrite" since people use animals in movies and I want to go into the movie industry.. But really, circuses and movies are pretty different. The fact that these animals are forced to travel from city to city, all the time, and they are stuck in even smaller enclosures than they are in zoos, while chained up. And then the trainers will use improper methods of training, like bullhooks and other ****. And you know, the animals aren't always born into it. These people will literally go to Africa, or wherever they get the animals, depending on what kind of animal, and basically kidnap them from the wild as babies. I'm not too sure if they still do that today but it's not exactly a super old practice either. They are forced to do all of these acts that they more than likely would not do if they were in the wild, and they have to do it in front of all of these ugly people who are smiling and laughing at them. It's humiliating. It's slavery. There have even been news stories of elephants going on a rampage and lions attacking their trainers. Why do you think that is? Circuses usually use female elephants because they aren't as temperamental, and even in the wild they don't usually show aggression unless they feel threatened, yet here they are running through towns and killing a few people? It's maddening to them.

Fur: Okay, we aren't living in the freaking stone ages anymore. People only want to wear fur because it's "stylish." Tell me exactly how a dead animal is stylish? The poor thing was probably tortured and then killed just so that you can look nice and rich. No. **** no.

Hunting/Poaching: I mean, I understand that people do it to keep the population down and for the meat, but I still don't like it. And it really bothers me when a lot of people do it for the head or the antlers or something. And then they'll take pictures of it, as if they're proud. "Look at the innocent life I just destroyed!" "What a beautiful animal, I'm glad I killed it so it can go on my wall!" I mean, people would freak the **** out if it was a dog or a cat, but anything else they don't seem to care.
As for poaching, the only reason why people do it is for the money. People will destroy innocent lives just to make a few bucks.. well, it's a lot more than a few, but..... And the fact that the animals they're poaching are already endangered, and it's because of them? Just for money?!
They see it as a "sport." How is killing something a sport? Disgusting.

Meat: I can't say much about this since I'm guilty of eating them, too. However, they don't have to put the animals through hell while waiting to be killed. Those slaughter houses aren't nice at all. And the fact that they go through all of that, and then lose their lives, just to feed me... I dunno about y'all, but I always feel extremely guilty.

General abuse: If someone is abusing they're pet or any other animal in any way, they just don't need one. Whether they're starving them, beating, leaving outside in extreme weather, ignoring, dog fights, etc. They should not be allowed to have an animal, or even children for that matter, and just be sent to jail for awhile.

I think that's it...

I've stuck by this for years, so don't expect me to change my mind just because you might not agree.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 18:54:13 24/01/2015 by AvatariDragon
#12 Posted: 18:40:08 24/01/2015
To be honest. I eat meat, even though the cow or any other animal might have been tortured for it. But I don't feel the guilt because those are domestic animals that we breed. That pretty over populated. Now if the meat given was actually deer something that is not really domestically breed for our food resource. I would feel incredibly guilty. Because that deer has a small population than compared to most domestic animals we breed. I mean I do feel somewhat bad for any animal being abused, but for me it's depending on that animal's population.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#13 Posted: 18:44:03 24/01/2015
Ex-situ conservation is needed if endangered species are to not become extinct.
#14 Posted: 18:58:18 24/01/2015
Hunting is very humane compared to the way animals are treated in slaughterhouses.

What do you guys think of the use of animals in the military? Honestly, I think it's necessary, because animals can perform many useful tasks that humans just aren't physically capable of (i.e. dogs being able to detect IEDs just by smelling them, mules & horses being able to carry personnel and supplies through mountain slopes because the terrain is too rough for vehicles, etc). Military working animals seem to be given plenty of love and attention from servicemen and women, and very rarely are they used to actually harm enemies nowadays.

Back in the olden times, elephants used to stomp infantrymen like bugs on command. Let's be glad those days are over.
#15 Posted: 19:01:18 24/01/2015
*cough*hunting is not a skill and is disgusting*cough*
#16 Posted: 19:07:59 24/01/2015

Scenario: A small village community in Africa thrives totally on agriculture. The only animals in abundance nearby are zebras and gazelles.

If people hunt: Zebra & gazelle population is kept in check. Since the villagers grow most of their food, there's no need to over-hunt for meat, so the species are still kept at reasonable numbers. Of course, some of the elder men will probably want to collect zebra hide and gazelle horns as trophies, but unless they have technologically advanced hunting equipment, this is unlikely to become a serious problem.

If people don't hunt: Zebra & gazelle populations boom. Overgrazing occurs, which damages the soil and prevents crops from growing. The villagers experience a famine, which leads to chronic malnutrition and greater vulnerability to diseases. Also, competition for food causes a large amount of the zebras and gazelles to die in a short amount of time, drastically reducing the populations. Natural selection has to take over, and there's sure to be some mutations in the species.

Which outcome is more disgusting?

Quote: Trix Master 100
To be honest. I eat meat, even though the cow or any other animal might have been tortured for it. But I don't feel the guilt because those are domestic animals that we breed. That pretty over populated. Now if the meat given was actually deer something that is not really domestically breed for our food resource. I would feel incredibly guilty. Because that deer has a small population than compared to most domestic animals we breed. I mean I do feel somewhat bad for any animal being abused, but for me it's depending on that animal's population.

If there was no hunting, there would be more deer in Europe and the United States than people.....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:16 24/01/2015 by Metallo
#17 Posted: 19:09:48 24/01/2015
*cough* disgusted *cough*
#18 Posted: 19:25:27 24/01/2015
Quote: Metallo

Scenario: A small village community in Africa thrives totally on agriculture. The only animals in abundance nearby are zebras and gazelles.

If people hunt: Zebra & gazelle population is kept in check. Since the villagers grow most of their food, there's no need to over-hunt for meat, so the species are still kept at reasonable numbers. Of course, some of the elder men will probably want to collect zebra hide and gazelle horns as trophies, but unless they have technologically advanced hunting equipment, this is unlikely to become a serious problem.

If people don't hunt: Zebra & gazelle populations boom. Overgrazing occurs, which damages the soil and prevents crops from growing. The villagers experience a famine, which leads to chronic malnutrition and greater vulnerability to diseases. Also, competition for food causes a large amount of the zebras and gazelles to die in a short amount of time, drastically reducing the populations. Natural selection has to take over, and there's sure to be some mutations in the species.

Which outcome is more disgusting?

Quote: Trix Master 100

If there was no hunting, there would be more deer in Europe and the United States than people.....

You forgot about their predators. Wolves and such. They'll still be in check.
---
icon from Empoh
#19 Posted: 19:29:33 24/01/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon

I'm just gonna go through each section about animal rights issues and kinda go from there.

Zoos: I think that's what OP was mostly aiming for, but let me just say that not all zoos are great, and I doubt animals are always happy, even if they do seem to be receiving good treatment. While I don't particularly agree with zoos, I will admit that they can be beneficial, as some of you had previously mentioned. However, a lot of the ones I've seen aren't good for them. Take elephants for example, and I'll probably use them a lot since I know more about them than other animals, one elephant alone will walk for miles in one day. Most zoos I've seen will put in two or three in like a one or two acre enclosure. Animals aren't creatures that are meant to be gawked at all day. If these people want to do it for conservation purposes, create a sanctuary, one that isn't open to the public. Otherwise, they're doing it for the people, or rather for the money, not for the animals.

Circuses: I don't even know where to begin with this one... For one thing, I just wanna say that I don't think animals should even be used for our entertainment. I suppose that could make me a "hypocrite" since people use animals in movies and I want to go into the movie industry.. But really, circuses and movies are pretty different. The fact that these animals are forced to travel from city to city, all the time, and they are stuck in even smaller enclosures than they are in zoos, while chained up. And then the trainers will use improper methods of training, like bullhooks and other ****. And you know, the animals aren't always born into it. These people will literally go to Africa, or wherever they get the animals, depending on what kind of animal, and basically kidnap them from the wild as babies. I'm not too sure if they still do that today but it's not exactly a super old practice either. They are forced to do all of these acts that they more than likely would not do if they were in the wild, and they have to do it in front of all of these ugly people who are smiling and laughing at them. It's humiliating. It's slavery. There have even been news stories of elephants going on a rampage and lions attacking their trainers. Why do you think that is? Circuses usually use female elephants because they aren't as temperamental, and even in the wild they don't usually show aggression unless they feel threatened, yet here they are running through towns and killing a few people? It's maddening to them.

Fur: Okay, we aren't living in the freaking stone ages anymore. People only want to wear fur because it's "stylish." Tell me exactly how a dead animal is stylish? The poor thing was probably tortured and then killed just so that you can look nice and rich. No. **** no.

Hunting/Poaching: I mean, I understand that people do it to keep the population down and for the meat, but I still don't like it. And it really bothers me when a lot of people do it for the head or the antlers or something. And then they'll take pictures of it, as if they're proud. "Look at the innocent life I just destroyed!" "What a beautiful animal, I'm glad I killed it so it can go on my wall!" I mean, people would freak the **** out if it was a dog or a cat, but anything else they don't seem to care.
As for poaching, the only reason why people do it is for the money. People will destroy innocent lives just to make a few bucks.. well, it's a lot more than a few, but..... And the fact that the animals they're poaching are already endangered, and it's because of them? Just for money?!

Meat: I can't say much about this since I'm guilty of eating them, too. However, they don't have to put the animals through hell while waiting to be killed. Those slaughter houses aren't nice at all. And the fact that they go through all of that, and then lose their lives, just to feed me... I dunno about y'all, but I always feel extremely guilty.

General abuse: If someone is abusing they're pet or any other animal in any way, they just don't need one. Whether they're starving them, beating, leaving outside in extreme weather, ignoring, dog fights, etc. They should not be allowed to have an animal, or even children for that matter, and just be sent to jail for awhile.

I think that's it...

I've stuck by this for years, so don't expect me to change my mind just because you might not agree.

Absolutely based. 100% agree.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#20 Posted: 20:45:39 24/01/2015
[User Posted Image]

You asked for it
breakfastpugbam Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#21 Posted: 20:52:02 24/01/2015
Dude, swearing that much isn't cool man.
i had to get that out. watch this video and if u dont feel sorry then go **** urself
---
You can't compete with all that puginess.
All the pugginess was had that day.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:44 24/01/2015 by JCW555
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#22 Posted: 20:55:20 24/01/2015
Quote: breakfastpugbam
i had to get that out. watch this video and if u dont feel sorry then go **** urself

calm ur tits m8
#23 Posted: 21:00:29 24/01/2015
Quote: breakfastpugbam

Hey calm down about forcing people on watching things with guilt tripping. This is not tumblr.
---
icon from Empoh
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#24 Posted: 22:42:56 24/01/2015
I'll agree animals are tortured, but PETA has it wrong too, we've eaten meat to survive forever, but some ways we get the meat now are barbaric, but that doesn't mean we should stop doing anything to animals, PETA gets butthurt over something as simple as Pokemon and Cooking Mama! That's the kind of thing that makes them look like extremist hippies, they say they don't support their more extreme members, but they pay for their legal teams, PETA's latest action of making a Minecraft server was pointless on all accounts because the animals in that are just code, they need to focus on what's important, ending actual animal abuse
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#25 Posted: 22:48:46 24/01/2015
What bothers me is when people are so caring to animals to the point where they're perfectly ok with disregarding people or claim all humans are garbage.

Like, there are people out there that will see someone being abused and think "that's bad" but if it's a cat "HOLY **** HUMANS SUCK SO BAD WHY ARE THEY SO STUPID". Kinda off topic but it's a pet peeve.

I understand you care about animals but get off your ****ing high horse about hating humans as if you aren't one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:00 24/01/2015 by CAV
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#26 Posted: 22:55:15 24/01/2015
Quote: CAV
What bothers me is when people are so caring to animals to the point where they're perfectly ok with disregarding people or claim all humans are garbage.

Like, there are people out there that will see someone being abused and think "that's bad" but if it's a cat "HOLY **** HUMANS SUCK SO BAD WHY ARE THEY SO STUPID". Kinda off topic but it's a pet peeve.

I understand you care about animals but get off your ****ing high horse about hating humans as if you aren't one.

Would you believe I don't want to be a human? I'm stuck as one and I'm not about to end my life, but I still don't want to be a human. With what you said in mind, I cringe no matter who or what gets abused.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#27 Posted: 23:01:56 24/01/2015
I remember when PETA protested AC IV: Black Flag because it depicted "illegal whaling" and Ubisoft's response was basically "There is murder, sex, crime, piracy, trickery and evil in this game, and you're worried about whaling?"

Quote: theuone

Would you believe I don't want to be a human? I'm stuck as one and I'm not about to end my life, but I still don't want to be a human. With what you said in mind, I cringe no matter who or what gets abused.

Humans are merely trying to survive, just like every other species.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#28 Posted: 23:18:17 24/01/2015

- - -
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#29 Posted: 00:18:34 25/01/2015

What's wrong with being the dominant species of the planet with not only an intelligent mind, but thumbs to put that mind to use?
#30 Posted: 00:26:37 25/01/2015

What's wrong with being the dominant species of the planet with not only an intelligent mind, but thumbs to put that mind to use?

Maybe the fact that we may be responsible for so many problems in the world with the curse of our intelligence. Oh, and can't forget about the dinos, had it not been for the meteor, they might have still been alive.
---
#31 Posted: 01:11:41 25/01/2015

Maybe the fact that we may be responsible for so many problems in the world with the curse of our intelligence. Oh, and can't forget about the dinos, had it not been for the meteor, they might have still been alive.

Instead of ripping on humans for all the bad we've done with our intelligence, why don't you do some good with yours to set a better example?

If you hate something, don't attack it; outdo it.
#32 Posted: 01:13:49 25/01/2015

Instead of ripping on humans for all the bad we've done with our intelligence, why don't you do some good with yours to set a better example?

If you hate something, don't attack it; outdo it.

I hate something? And I do try to set better examples.
---
#33 Posted: 03:37:48 25/01/2015
Not necessarily hate, just dislike or hold disdain for. And good.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#34 Posted: 03:41:38 25/01/2015

Yeah, they deserve their freedom, instead of living in a tight habitat. I agree with you.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#35 Posted: 03:47:49 25/01/2015

I think that's it...

I strongly agree with this post. Especially about the animal fur. Idiots just care about the fashion and how they look, but a poor animal is being killed and abused for ****ing no sake. It sickens the hell out of me, so much.

I can't believe how EVIL people are in this world.

Why take advantage of a animal that cannot protect themselves?

They have feelings too. And this is the topic I'm probably most defensive about.

Also sorry for the double post.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:52:06 25/01/2015 by whirlwind fan
#36 Posted: 06:40:22 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
THIS ANIMAL IS SAD AND DEPRESSED

I AM CONFIRM ANIMAL EXPERT BY A FELLOW SPANISH YOUTUBE COMMENTER NAMED "alfredolopez1975"

Point of this topic is that I constantly see comments on animal videos where idiot activists say they should be released back into the wild. If they were living in a 10 foot wide cage that looked more like a playground, I'd agree but the said animal in the video has a gigantic enclosure that resembles his environment and lives with others of his species.
---
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#37 Posted: 21:04:27 25/01/2015

you understand the human hunting in many areas has become part of the ecosystem, right?

human hunting can be just as important as other predators to prevent overpopulation to the point that the species goes extinct.

if all humans in the world suddenly stopped hunting, whitetail deer, for instance, would definitely go extinct in most of the world simply from overpopulation, which is why we have mandated hunting seasons. and if one species in an ecosystem goes extinct, a ****load of other species will too.

tl;dr- your ignorance of ecology is going to kill more animals than you could ever hope to save
---
tubular
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#38 Posted: 21:52:04 25/01/2015
Quote: valskeletor

you understand the human hunting in many areas has become part of the ecosystem, right?

human hunting can be just as important as other predators to prevent overpopulation to the point that the species goes extinct.

if all humans in the world suddenly stopped hunting, whitetail deer, for instance, would definitely go extinct in most of the world simply from overpopulation, which is why we have mandated hunting seasons. and if one species in an ecosystem goes extinct, a ****load of other species will too.

tl;dr- your ignorance of ecology is going to kill more animals than you could ever hope to save

This.
---
#hu
#39 Posted: 22:00:41 25/01/2015
Also I just want to point out that I think it's wrong to make dogs do all the work while the "hunters" sit in their trucks, waiting for the dogs to run the deer out of the woods so they can shoot. I've seen the way they treat their dogs too, and it disgusts me.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:44 25/01/2015 by AvatariDragon
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#40 Posted: 22:04:39 25/01/2015
Quote: valskeletor

Also this. Hunting is how we thrived back in the early ages. If the world was without hunting, then there would be overpopulation of abundant species like deer, ducks, and other game. Over hunting however, I am strongly against. But regulated hunting, it can be an experience while also protecting the area against overpopulation. As part Native American and having a family background with them, I am obviously for hunting. However, you mustn't waste. I believe that if you hunt an animal and take its life, you must thank the animal for all that it has given you, and you must use its meat and fur in respect. But this is only for wild game like deer, rabbits, etc. Overpopulated species. Animals that are exotic and endangered need to be protected.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#41 Posted: 22:17:16 25/01/2015
Also I just want to point out that I think it's wrong to make dogs do all the work while the "hunters" sit in their trucks, waiting for the dogs to run the deer out of the woods so they can shoot. I've seen the way they treat their dogs too, and it disgusts me.

Everyone I know with hunting dogs loves them like family, so I guess we have different experiences.

You probably just saw some few bad examples.
#42 Posted: 22:18:15 25/01/2015

Everyone I know with hunting dogs loves them like family, so I guess we have different experiences.

You probably just saw some few bad examples.

Must be where I live then, 'cause they treat their dogs like absolute ****.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#43 Posted: 22:20:01 25/01/2015
But you also must remember that at heart, dogs are just as wild as wolves. When they're taking off after an animal, they're following their natural instincts of chasing down prey.
#44 Posted: 22:20:29 25/01/2015
That's not the point.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me