Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Why so serious? [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 23:56:24 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow.

So, awhile ago, the wife was out of town and I had a three-day weekend, so I got all my Skylanders out, grouped them together and took a big group photo. I've wanted to do it for awhile, but there's a lot of work involved. :D

After taking the photo, I shared it to a couple of places - here (in the collections thread), a few other forums, and, to the topic at hand, on the official Skylanders' Facebook page. Many people post pictures of their collections there and I enjoy looking at them and thought they'd enjoy looking at mine. Today, the picture was re-posted by the official page - both my post and their post has received a lot of attention.

Now, let me say, the vast majority of replies have been nice - lots of silent "likes", other people posting more collection pictures (which I like!), and general fun comments...

But there's a small percentage of folks who are just mean. All "OMG, this evil monster is ripping toys directly from my babies hands!".

When did playing games stop being fun for these people?
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#2 Posted: 23:59:19 23/01/2015
UncleBob,

Let me say your collection is "Awesome!!" DONT sweat the HATERS !!
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 00:22:02 24/01/2015
They just hatin'. They are jealous.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 00:27:15 24/01/2015
Because that's how people work. If you're mad at random strangers in FB no wonder the stuff in Site Help happens. If Acti ever posts the fanart I sent them I won't even bat an eye at comments, just see the post and move on because why would I give a crap about random strangers.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 00:41:20 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm not mad at anyone.

I'm just amazed at the folks who take the act of buying plastic toys so seriously that they are ready to put a random stranger's head on a pitchfork over it.

They're toys. It's a game. It's meant to be fun. If you're not having fun with it, you're doing it wrong and need to relax. At least, that's what Frankie told me.
hotdiggitydog Green Sparx Gems: 304
#6 Posted: 01:14:20 24/01/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I'm not mad at anyone.

I'm just amazed at the folks who take the act of buying plastic toys so seriously that they are ready to put a random stranger's head on a pitchfork over it.

They're toys. It's a game. It's meant to be fun. If you're not having fun with it, you're doing it wrong and need to relax. At least, that's what Frankie told me.

Jealousy. That's all.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#7 Posted: 01:21:37 24/01/2015
Like people have said, i think the easy answer is jealousy and a little bit of the self entitlement that today's society seems to be bringing out in people.

Most people don't have either the desire, time, patients or resources to amass a collection as large and wonderful as yours, so when they see someone's collection who's far eclipses their own rather than look at it as something to admire and aim at, it makes them feel their collection is somehow inadequate or inferior. its only a small percentage of people, but the interwebz often has a hight proportion of this type of person. /end of amateur analysis of human psychology.

I have what i would call a modest collection, its bigger than the casual person's, but no where near as large as some of the "hardcore" collectors. i don't collect chase figures, though i do get all in game variants and reposes. i also open everything.

When i have showed people pictures of my collection, or visitors have seen it, the responses have varied from the highly negative "what a waste of money, you know how many cases of beer you could buy with what you spent on those kids toys" (yes, a real reaction to my skylanders and 130ish piece Pop! Vinyl collection, i really didn't know how to respond) to to the more positive "wow thats awesome, how long did it take to get them all, did you have to import etc".

personally, i think your collection is awesome. I love looking at the large collections, i also love looking at collections that only have a couple of figures. People should collect what they like, you said it best. Have Fun. its the point right?
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#8 Posted: 01:27:39 24/01/2015
Wow.

So, awhile ago, the wife was out of town and I had a three-day weekend, so I got all my Skylanders out, grouped them together and took a big group photo. I've wanted to do it for awhile, but there's a lot of work involved. smilie

After taking the photo, I shared it to a couple of places - here (in the collections thread), a few other forums, and, to the topic at hand, on the official Skylanders' Facebook page. Many people post pictures of their collections there and I enjoy looking at them and thought they'd enjoy looking at mine. Today, the picture was re-posted by the official page - both my post and their post has received a lot of attention.

Now, let me say, the vast majority of replies have been nice - lots of silent "likes", other people posting more collection pictures (which I like!), and general fun comments...

But there's a small percentage of folks who are just mean. All "OMG, this evil monster is ripping toys directly from my babies hands!".

When did playing games stop being fun for these people?

Sadly there are ppl like my old man for example that think once you past a certain age video games are for kids etc. I'm 31 myself and he's been saying it since i was like 15 and I still play games. Sadly the thing is when i was a kid my parents bought an NES and played mario all the time and SNES and played mario kart zelda etc.

Just ignore ppl and do what makes you happy and your collection looks sweet smilie
#9 Posted: 01:59:15 24/01/2015
It is funny that I've NEVER had any real toys growing up...didn't like them. I guess I'm making up for lost time. Hey, you only live once, and I live for myself and my family.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#10 Posted: 05:09:00 24/01/2015
The internet gives everybody a voice...even jerks who don't deserve it. For everybody that bashes your collection or hobby, they probably have a hobby or habits that you can break down and criticize yourself, but you'll never know about it because of the veil of the internet. If you're going to post anything online, be prepared to ruffle some feathers and have some feathers ruffled from time to time. (did I just get a Hoot Loop quote in???).
#11 Posted: 05:16:23 24/01/2015
You know, I have a bone to pick---if they don't like it, they can deal with it. They need to watch out for Uncle Bob, because he'll bring the heat and it might be Boom Time. In the end, we'll all hammer it home because we've all got the edge by taking charge.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 05:20:16 24/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#12 Posted: 05:41:02 24/01/2015
Its just jealousy
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#13 Posted: 06:59:55 24/01/2015
Every complaint on there was basically saying "How dare you have this figure while WE dont have it". Just selfish people who can't stand the fact you have every character, while they can only afford 3. Nice collection, makes me sad i threw away some old skylander boxes!
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#14 Posted: 08:34:35 24/01/2015
people take way too many things way too serious. and personal jealousy turns into mean comments. most people cant realize that they are jealous and deal with that feeling. so instead they go crazy ranting on your nice collection pictures saying the crap they say. i can look at a nice skylanders collection and be jealous, but not let that jealousy turn me into a raving hate filled jerk.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#15 Posted: 11:05:05 24/01/2015
I am sure your Skylanders feel much safer being the hands of a responsible adult .

If your skylanders are loose and gently played with then i think they have a good home .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:06:08 24/01/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#16 Posted: 12:21:40 24/01/2015
This is all looking like some support thread for an artist on dA. If you guys don't care at all about the jerks don't give them attention.The good old response of the OP or youtuber of 'I don't CARE about what you're saying, that's why I'll dedicate entire posts to criticizing you!'.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#17 Posted: 12:28:47 24/01/2015
They're just jelly.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#18 Posted: 14:21:32 24/01/2015
Honestly this is how the internet is. It brings together people with different and diverse opinions. Basically there is no pleasing everyone. As long as the majority of the group you're posting in is cool with whatever you are doing then that's all that really matters.

Also you'll always find a mean troll or a jealous jerk no matter what you do and where you go. Some I suspect suffer from some mental ailment as well. Have you ever met a really strange or scary person in real life? They are able to use PCs just like nice sane people. After a while you learn to realize that the dissenters to the majority are often batty as all hell and to never take these things to heart.

Anyway I missed out on seeing your collection. "Link plz" smilie
---
Stay Cool!
#19 Posted: 14:38:05 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: undefined
The good old response of the OP or youtuber of 'I don't CARE about what you're saying, that's why I'll dedicate entire posts to criticizing you!'.

Reading isn't you're strong point, is it? I didn't say I don't care about what's being said - I said it didn't make me mad.

I *do* care about what's being said in that it interests me. I'm almost mesmerized at how worked up and angry folks get over something that is supposed to be fun and make them happy.

To actually take an actual response I've made, "When it stops being fun, it's time for you to get out."
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#20 Posted: 14:53:57 24/01/2015
I really dont understand the hate, I get that they are jealous of what they dont have though.
In my case, when I see a collection thats larger than mine, it just drives me to try that much harder
#21 Posted: 14:58:05 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyScratch
In my case, when I see a collection thats larger than mine, it just drives me to try that much harder

When I see collections that are larger than mine, I get to show the pics to my wife and say "See, it could be worse!"

I'm not sure it helps.

:D
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#22 Posted: 14:58:42 24/01/2015
You actually read the comments under posts on the official Facebook page? I think we discovered the problem. The amount of stupid under the average post is unbelievable.

I saw the picture, it is pretty cool, no reason adults cannot enjoy some toys as well - I know I do. I love playing with them with my kids, even not in the game. I worry more about people that cannot find the simply joy in action figures, Legos, etc. But you need to crack those bad boys open and get them some air! Figures are more fun that way!
#23 Posted: 15:12:03 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
If they were Action figures, I'd be more inclined to open them - but, to me, they're just really tiny statues and there's not much to do with them except sit them on a shelf and look pretty (in or out of packaging, as you prefer). If I were younger and if my imagination hadn't been destroyed by the harsh realities of being an adult, then maybe I could play with them like I did with my Master of the Universe figures all those years ago... ;)
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#24 Posted: 15:16:18 24/01/2015
I feel bad leaving them in packages. I have to touch them
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#25 Posted: 15:21:03 24/01/2015
The Google+ page idols you.

https://plus.google.com/+skyla...208467309178229
---
Spread those positive vibes
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#26 Posted: 15:32:00 24/01/2015
Eh, there's a lot of self-entitlement these days, which can lead to jealousy or selfishness with these people. Facebook in particular seems to be full of those people...

But yeah, some people take it waaaay too seriously.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#27 Posted: 15:34:13 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow. Thanks for the link - I didn't realize that Google + was still a thing that people actually use. ;)
They tweeted it as well. Wonder where else they posted it. :D
#28 Posted: 15:50:30 24/01/2015
Yeah, but their arms and legs don't have to move to have fun and I am very much an adult! Me and my sons play with them all the time, in fact the other night they were playing with them on the floor while a friend and I were playing Trap Team. I still have my old Star Wars figures (still in the Darth Vader head case, too) and we have a good time with those as well, but Skylanders are much more detailed and varied.

People talk about Skylanders vs. Infinity, but the real war happens when we pull them out for battle. Amiibos get in on that action too. Gnarly Tree Rex is no match for the Hulk, but they both pale to the might of Kirby!
#29 Posted: 16:03:14 24/01/2015
Then if I'm so bad at reading,lemme put this in perspective for you. You're interested in how people could POSSIBLY be against your collection and be mean about it.But yet you tell me that you do not care if they like it or not. Yet you make an entire thread about it instead of accepting that different people have different opinions and jerks exist.
(possibly NSFW because of weird animation)

Think it's best to just quote who actually said it first.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:04:00 24/01/2015 by Bifrost
#30 Posted: 16:28:15 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally
Yeah, but their arms and legs don't have to move to have fun and I am very much an adult! Me and my sons play with them all the time, in fact the other night they were playing with them on the floor while a friend and I were playing Trap Team. I still have my old Star Wars figures (still in the Darth Vader head case, too) and we have a good time with those as well, but Skylanders are much more detailed and varied.

Maybe it's my lack of kids that killed my imagination. ;)

Although I have thought it would be fun to design a board game that utilizes the figures.

Quote: undefined
Then if I'm so bad at reading, [...] You're interested in how people could POSSIBLY be against your collection and be mean about it.

Yeah, you're bad at reading.
I'm not interested in the idea that people are "against my collection." As stated in the OP, "When did playing games stop being fun for these people?" You'll note that there is a question mark at the end of that sentence. It's the weird curly thing with a dot at the bottom. A question mark means that the statement preceding it is a question - a phrase that is intended to convey that the person asking said question is seeking information and/or attempting to spark discussion regarding the statement. In that statement, you'll notice that the words "my" and "collection" are no where in it. It's because the question being asked has nothing to do with "my" "collection". This is further conveyed by the title of this thread "Why so serious?" (again, note the question mark at the end and the lack of "my" or "collection").

Again, this isn't about me wanting praise for my collection or anything of the sort. I like seeing giant collection photos and thought I'd share mine with fellow fans, nothing more, nothing less. And the vast, vast majority of folks were cool about it. I'm just interested in what goes on in the minds of that 1% of folks who stopped having fun and, instead, have filled themselves with so much anger and hatred. Or, "When did playing games stop being fun for these people?" Because I don't ever want to become one of those people who stopped having fun with games.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#31 Posted: 19:36:00 24/01/2015
Yeah, you're bad at reading.
I'm not interested in the idea that people are "against my collection." As stated in the OP, "When did playing games stop being fun for these people?" You'll note that there is a question mark at the end of that sentence. It's the weird curly thing with a dot at the bottom. A question mark means that the statement preceding it is a question - a phrase that is intended to convey that the person asking said question is seeking information and/or attempting to spark discussion regarding the statement. In that statement, you'll notice that the words "my" and "collection" are no where in it. It's because the question being asked has nothing to do with "my" "collection". This is further conveyed by the title of this thread "Why so serious?" (again, note the question mark at the end and the lack of "my" or "collection").

Again, this isn't about me wanting praise for my collection or anything of the sort. I like seeing giant collection photos and thought I'd share mine with fellow fans, nothing more, nothing less. And the vast, vast majority of folks were cool about it. I'm just interested in what goes on in the minds of that 1% of folks who stopped having fun and, instead, have filled themselves with so much anger and hatred. Or, "When did playing games stop being fun for these people?" Because I don't ever want to become one of those people who stopped having fun with games.

Nice collection and all, but the comments of those who criticize your hard work shouldn't bother you this much for you to make a whole topic about it. Not everyone will be pleased, and on the internet, they are allowed to say whatever they want, even if their words may discourage you.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:11:27 24/01/2015 by Aura24
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#32 Posted: 20:06:26 24/01/2015
The purpose of this thread was only to tell everyone that the Skylanders page featured his collection, the discussion about the comments of jealous people is a diversion smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#33 Posted: 20:11:32 24/01/2015
i just headed over to the facebook to read the comments. the first question that did come to mind after reading some of the comments. is activision producing less figures than before?. by the anger from some of the comments many have a hard time getting the figures. with that said i have struggled to but it havent been because of scalpers, its just less shops having the figures. also release dates are all over the place with half waves in between the full waves. its been pretty hectic to keep up with everything. so if skylanders are the number one selling game for activision why are it so difficult to get the figures?... are activision just bluffing about skylanders being number 1. in a desperate move to show disney and their infinity game that they are not slacking behind. because if a game is number 1 it sure shouldnt be hard to get that game and the figures. we hear about things getting discontinued and shops quit selling skylanders figures for some time now. something just dont feel right here at all.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#34 Posted: 23:01:23 24/01/2015
Quote: SkyScratch

When I see collections that are larger than mine, I get to show the pics to my wife and say "See, it could be worse!"

I'm not sure it helps.

smilie

Yeah im sure you got "The Look" smilie after you said "See, it could be worse!"....lol smilie

I agree with the others...there just hate'in on your way cool collection...and or jealous. Also like one of the responses to the twitter post...
"Bennijin***@Bennijin·Jan 23
@SkylandersGame FREE THEM"

Thats funny... smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#35 Posted: 01:25:51 25/01/2015
Lots of people just assume that if you have unopened figures, you're hocking them on eBay. Disregarding the fact that you're taking the time to put together a large collection picture which is clearly showing everything off more than selling individual items. Plus, look at the people who's children (i.e. precious snowflakes) don't have some of what you do. Their snowflakes are just so gosh darn special that they deserve these things and you don't. And need we forget those who take collecting little plastic figures seriously and can't get over the fact that you have more than them. So they've decided they "hate" you now and want to insight the same feeling in others with buzz words like "scalper" and "eBay". Laugh at their comments for the stupidity that it is, and feel free to keep proving them wrong with your well thought out rebuttal to their "SCALPERZ ON TEH EBAYS!!!!!" comments. You have a darn impressive collection!
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#36 Posted: 02:23:47 25/01/2015
I read much of that Facebook thread yesterday. I think you did a great job of responding to some of those comments. My first thought was that a lot of those people need help. They're mostly parents, and I just know that if they generally think more for someone else means less for them, then getting their hands on Skylanders is the least of their problems. It's not the kind of abundance role modeling I'd like to be showing my children.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#37 Posted: 02:55:07 25/01/2015
Quote: Eggers
Lots of people just assume that if you have unopened figures, you're hocking them on eBay. Disregarding the fact that you're taking the time to put together a large collection picture which is clearly showing everything off more than selling individual items. Plus, look at the people who's children (i.e. precious snowflakes) don't have some of what you do. Their snowflakes are just so gosh darn special that they deserve these things and you don't. And need we forget those who take collecting little plastic figures seriously and can't get over the fact that you have more than them. So they've decided they "hate" you now and want to insight the same feeling in others with buzz words like "scalper" and "eBay". Laugh at their comments for the stupidity that it is, and feel free to keep proving them wrong with your well thought out rebuttal to their "SCALPERZ ON TEH EBAYS!!!!!" comments. You have a darn impressive collection!

Eggers I couldn't have said it better myself. If parents would stop worrying about buying their kids $200 shoes and teach them social skills and manners this world would be so much better.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#38 Posted: 07:36:39 25/01/2015
I don't collect anymore, but not because I don't want to, because I can't afford all the figures and dedicate space to it, but the collection is really awesome and if you can afford it hey by all means go for it.
#39 Posted: 07:56:44 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
The purpose of this thread was only to tell everyone that the Skylanders page featured his collection, the discussion about the comments of jealous people is a diversion ;)

Naw. I can't speak for everyone, but if someone had something of theirs (their collection, fan art, a video, whatever) featured by the official Skylanders media team and they wanted to create a thread about it, I wouldn't complain and I don't think anyone here really would - so if I wanted to do that, I could have just done it.

Besides, if you look through the collections thread, you'll see I don't really post that many photos, nor do I often comment on the size of my collection. Usually, when a new game comes out, I take a group shot of my Day 1 Haul and that's about it for me.

Quote: CountMoneyBone
i just headed over to the facebook to read the comments. the first question that did come to mind after reading some of the comments. is activision producing less figures than before?

I think part of the problem is that there *is* less interest in the games, so there are less retailers ordering product, causing more shelves to run dry or be overstocked with older product (which means less sales, which translates to less orders...).

Quote: Phoenix_Lord

Yeah im sure you got "The Look" ¬_¬ after you said "See, it could be worse!"....lol :D

I get that look often. My wife is a saint though, and I wouldn't give her up for even a Golden Fire Kraken. :D

------

So, funny story. I have a co-worker in another building that I've helped get some figures for her and her son. Mostly let her know when something new is out or whatever, but I did get her the wave three stuff at TRU right before Christmas (which we met up on Christmas Day to exchange). Anyway, another co-worker from a third building saw my picture on the official feed and tagged the first co-worker, commenting on the size of the collection, but didn't realize it was mine - due to the distance between our two buildings, we've never really spoken much (in spite of our group only consisting of about 18 people), so she probably doesn't even know how much of a video game fanatic I am. :D "It's a small world, after all!"
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#40 Posted: 12:14:45 25/01/2015
I think your collection is awesome. With 300+ toys myself, I feel your pain and joy. It sucks that people have to be this way about things, but from what I can tell you got more positive votes than bad. I hope you continue to enjoy and grow your collection. I have 3 kids who are excited to see what's next in skylands and they love showing off our collection to their friends. That's enough drive for me. smilie
---
Father of future gamers
TheBladesFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#41 Posted: 15:24:48 25/01/2015
Adults should be allowed to enjoy toys and video games as well, not just the target audience. I'm not an adult myself but if you're an adult it doesn't mean you should not be allowed to enjoy something like this just because of someone who doesn't bother searching far and wide for these unlike us on this site and people like you who even go after chase variants who normal in the game. Everyone should be able to collect regardless of age if you enjoy it.
---
bookloverlolly.tumblr.com
Skylander Count: SSA 52/54 SG 61/66 SSF ??/?? STT ??/?? SSC 51/65 SI 6/??
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#42 Posted: 15:43:41 25/01/2015
Wow, i saw some of those comments on facebook... People need to grow a spine.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#43 Posted: 15:48:58 25/01/2015
yah, it is a bit sad when unclebob get to face peoples frustration and anger because of activisions short comings.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#44 Posted: 15:53:11 25/01/2015

Unfortunately, this is something that happens in any kind of fandom where there's adult and child collectors.
Because how dare an adult purchase something that my little Jimmy could possibly have wanted. After all, that's only fair, right?

Lol, it kind of reminds me of the whole scalper issue too. Everyone is very quick to jump on scalpers for taking new figures (and maybe not so much any more with Skylanders at least) but it's hard to claim that it was 100% without a doubt a scalper in every single instance. It could be the store actually sold them out to people who are fans and actually wanted them before you got to the store. Or, an employee snatched them up for their own collection/friends/friend's children who wanted them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#45 Posted: 09:37:26 26/01/2015
I would guess the hate is directed at you because of rare/variant figures.

People get angry when they can't get something their kid desperately wants. Scalpers and "staff" grabbing the rare stuff makes it a lot worse. When people see you "hoarding" all those figures they just lose it.

Now I too get very angry at the scalpers and staff grabbing figures just to resell, that IS just stealing them from kids for greed. However why should an adult collector be less important than a kid?
If you are collecting for yourself and either finding the rare stuff or paying over the odds then it's all a bit of an over-reaction. Just remember parents get very protective and the "Won't somebody please think of the children" attitude is easy to slip into (I have kids, I know!).

Maybe if Activision really wanted the variants to get to kids they should make the package non-transparent. Have a photo of the figure on the outside of the box, have a "display figure" maybe too, but have the fact it's a gold figure be a surprise when you get home.
#46 Posted: 11:46:20 26/01/2015
Quote: Pyrofer

Maybe if Activision really wanted the variants to get to kids they should make the package non-transparent. Have a photo of the figure on the outside of the box, have a "display figure" maybe too, but have the fact it's a gold figure be a surprise when you get home.

That has to be the BEST idea i have heard for distributing figures fairly across the kids, parents, collectors, etc.. Email that idea !
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#47 Posted: 13:16:28 26/01/2015
Blind buying is the WORST way to buy anything.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#48 Posted: 13:20:02 26/01/2015
Would never work. Kids get more excited when they can actually see the figures, that's pretty standard marketing for action figures. As much as us adults enjoy Skylanders, blind packages and boxes would work out great for us (you could retain the box for display and still use the figures if that's your thing) - but the target audience is the kids, and they sell loads more to the kids that run up and get excited and have their parents get them one.
#49 Posted: 15:08:42 26/01/2015
Blind Boxes are BIG sellers in todays market for the kids !! Because they like the surprises ! Blind Boxes are being done for everything toy related now a days !!
---
#50 Posted: 15:48:02 26/01/2015
Quote: crstofer
Blind Boxes are BIG sellers in todays market for the kids !! Because they like the surprises ! Blind Boxes are being done for everything toy related now a days !!

Hmmm. Last time I went to the toy store I could see what I'm buying.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me