Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Multipart timed quest! [CLOSED]
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#51 Posted: 03:22:15 26/01/2015
I am frustratingly 1 troll camp away from completing the first leg of this quest. Not sure I will be able to complete the final 2 legs given that I don't bring my iPad to work (and I work long days).
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#52 Posted: 13:25:20 26/01/2015
Good luck, Midas! I would hope that after a day of not playing while at work, you will have at least one troll camp waiting for you when you next play.

I was able to complete the trolls on Saturday, quickly did part 2, and am now waiting on snack stand collections.
#53 Posted: 14:04:29 26/01/2015
Thanks! Not 5 minutes after posting this last night I got my final troll camp. I had "banked" all of the sunrise towers missions and a few elemental missions (by running the missions but not collecting them). I should be able to complete part 2 when I get home tonight. I'm not sure I'll have time to get the snack stand done, which is a little annoying. I really dislike snack stand missions. Not sure why the developers seem to love those so much.
---
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#54 Posted: 15:49:51 26/01/2015
45 min turn around time keeps people playing longer. You say you spend an hour loading houses when you do play...that extra time for a second collection. Well, I'm sure they're counting on people pushing through with gems, maybe

And maxing out at 6 stands means that took a bit for us, too
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:02 26/01/2015 by BUGMom05
#55 Posted: 15:58:55 26/01/2015
I probably get one shot to play it tonight when I get home. Then its on to other stuff. If I don't finish part 3, it won't be the end of the world. It's my own fault that I leveled up Knight Mare and Pet Vac and got their troll clearing missions at the same time I got this mission. I also should have thought to clear out Knight Mare's 5 camps sooner.

Next time....
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#56 Posted: 16:46:46 27/01/2015
I'm sadly still at 15/25 troll camps and keep checking in with no luck. I'm tempted to take drastic measure to make them appear, as this is ridiculous.
#57 Posted: 17:19:43 27/01/2015
Do you have any other skylanders with quests to clear trolls? Once I cleared those, the floodgates more or less opened up for me.

I actually completed part 3 of the quest this morning before work. I wound up getting home early last night and was able to collect from the snack stands a bunch of times before bed.
---
#58 Posted: 16:06:25 28/01/2015
Quote: midas73
Do you have any other skylanders with quests to clear trolls? Once I cleared those, the floodgates more or less opened up for me.

I actually completed part 3 of the quest this morning before work. I wound up getting home early last night and was able to collect from the snack stands a bunch of times before bed.

Yeah, I believe Knight Light does. I didn't want to waste them on his quest. Seems ridiculous that they would program it that way. I know it was a theory, but I didn't want to take the chance.
#59 Posted: 18:09:13 28/01/2015
He was my issue too. I cleared his quest and almost immediately started getting the normal level of troll camps and quickly completed the timed quest. It's crazy but that's how the game works. I was just glad that the timed quest didn't trigger the same slowdown in spawns.
---
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#60 Posted: 18:46:39 28/01/2015
I also wasn't willing to clear Knight Light first when I had all the time in the world for him. I did clear the trolls with enough time to complete the other 2 parts, but it was very slow and I had to check the island about every hour. I figure I cleared the same number of chompies and sheep at least 3 times over in the same time.

After completing the minis, I completed Knight Light's trolls, and now my islands are practically swarming with trolls. So I'm convinced Midas is correct and second his recommendation that you clear out Knight Light's quest first.
#61 Posted: 20:05:10 28/01/2015
I notice that whenever you pick a troll camp to clear, the game will pop open to a "preferred" page. FOr the most part, it is usually someone who has that as a mission.

And that even if you have 2 missions for sheep/trolls, that it seems to still pick a character mission before a kingdom mission. I may have to pay closer attention (if we ever get more SLs to spin for) Are there any toys available that aren't on the game, yet?
Jumpyrn Green Sparx Gems: 312
#62 Posted: 21:07:24 28/01/2015
So frustrated! I just finished the first part of the quest last night. I couldn't get a troll camp to save my life for the last few days! Now I open up my island this morning, and had 5 camps staring at me! Ugg! At least I got it finished!
#63 Posted: 16:03:13 29/01/2015
Quote: BUGMom05
I notice that whenever you pick a troll camp to clear, the game will pop open to a "preferred" page. FOr the most part, it is usually someone who has that as a mission.

And that even if you have 2 missions for sheep/trolls, that it seems to still pick a character mission before a kingdom mission. I may have to pay closer attention (if we ever get more SLs to spin for) Are there any toys available that aren't on the game, yet?

Mostly variants. Winterfest Lob Star was the first variant in the game. Now, if you're talking about those that are programmed but not available for purchase, I believe High Five and Bat Spin are programmed. Of course, in the US, you can't purchase either one, yet, but if you got High Five from the Frito-Lay contest, then you can enter him in.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#64 Posted: 20:21:58 29/01/2015
I had the drobit challenge for 30 snacks pop up at the same time as I was doing this one.

Frustrating but finally finished.
---
banksia123
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#65 Posted: 21:44:25 29/01/2015
Just finished the Mini New Year's Resolution Pt. 3 quest (with the Snack collection), and the reward was 250 gems and a Chompy Gift Shop! Wow! I did not expect it to be that high!
#66 Posted: 23:15:49 29/01/2015
Quote: DM235
Just finished the Mini New Year's Resolution Pt. 3 quest (with the Snack collection), and the reward was 250 gems and a Chompy Gift Shop! Wow! I did not expect it to be that high!

LOL then you didn't read this thread very closely! smilie
---
#67 Posted: 04:02:04 30/01/2015
Where's the "like" button?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#68 Posted: 13:29:43 30/01/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: BUGMom05

Mostly variants. Winterfest Lob Star was the first variant in the game. Now, if you're talking about those that are programmed but not available for purchase, I believe High Five and Bat Spin are programmed. Of course, in the US, you can't purchase either one, yet, but if you got High Five from the Frito-Lay contest, then you can enter him in.

Yes, Bat Spin is in the game and has been since the other Wave 3 ones were added. If you imported her you can add her. She has only 1 quest, like the other newer ones. High Five is the same and also in the game.
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#69 Posted: 15:37:33 30/01/2015
Quote: midas73
Quote: DM235

LOL then you didn't read this thread very closely! smilie

LOL Guess not... I remember reading the 50 gem and 75 gem rewards, but for some reason my brain ignored the 250 gem reward post. Must have thought it was too good to be true smilie
#70 Posted: 17:16:23 30/01/2015
I finally got my last troll camp, and even then it took a little "forcing". I didn't want to do it, but I figure that if they programmed the game to keep us from getting them, then it's only fair. I don't see that I could get the rest of the quests done in time, but I'll try.
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#71 Posted: 00:05:48 31/01/2015
Using two Minis on a Sanctuary counts only as one on the third part of this quest. I'd rather buy smilie instead smilie as I've already had smilie from an offline sale. Looke like I had to use gems to finish the last two Sanctum activations...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:32 31/01/2015 by Garygoh884
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#72 Posted: 08:21:02 31/01/2015
Quote:
LOL Guess not... I remember reading the 50 gem and 75 gem rewards, but for some reason my brain ignored the 250 gem reward post. Must have thought it was too good to be true

It is . I dont think we are seeing any payout of that magnitude anytime soon .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Logurdice Blue Sparx Gems: 925
#73 Posted: 06:11:21 01/02/2015
Uhgh!!! I was one -JUST ONE- troll camp away from completing the first wave of this quest when the time ran out. 5 min later, my trolls show up. smilie
Just had to vent. smilie
---
There's nothing clever to say here. Move along now...
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#74 Posted: 17:24:10 03/02/2015
I finally deleted all of my seat standard community buildings (and accidentally one Chompy Gift Shop... DOH!!!) to leave more room for the trolls to spawn. After that still did not work for three days (now a total of 6 days without a single troll camp and only needing one more). I finally turned off my phone's time lock/sleep, hooked it to the charger and a wireless headset and left the game running, listening for camps to spawn. This method seemed to work as I got a spawn in ~10 min. This left me just enough time to complete the remaining two tasks with only hours to spare.
#75 Posted: 17:29:25 03/02/2015
Nicely done. Chompy gift shops aren't that great anyway, so don't feel too bad for selling one. They're too big (take up too much space) relative to their payout.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me