Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Kaos trap on Amazon! [CLOSED]
Rafterman Blue Sparx Gems: 672
#1 Posted: 16:59:50 11/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Just went to Amazon and they had Kaos Traps in stock, get 'em while they last. There were only 3 left.
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#2 Posted: 00:03:26 13/01/2015
Why are those things so rare? It's obscene.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#3 Posted: 00:07:22 13/01/2015
Quote: budkin
Why are those things so rare? It's obscene.

I have no idea, and had I known how rare they would become, I wouldve picked up a couple more for people who can't find one. there were at least 20 of them on launch day at my local TRU. I got one, and my friend got one.
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#4 Posted: 00:49:49 13/01/2015
I actually managed to get one thanks to this post. Didn't look like it at first (it kept saying there was 1 or 2 in stock but it would never add to my cart). Turned on 1-Click shopping, hit that and got notified I had placed the order but wouldn't get it until the end of March. Then randomly this morning it said it had shipped and will be here on Wednesday...guess I'll wait and see what ends up being in the box.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#5 Posted: 01:12:37 13/01/2015
Fred Myers in Richland and Kennewick Wa ..had about 5 on the pegs when I was hunting today....So if you have a Fred Myer's be sure to check there
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#6 Posted: 02:59:21 13/01/2015
When I find these, finally, I'm getting 2-3 for nostalgia purposes.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#7 Posted: 09:18:10 13/01/2015
Even though I already have one, this is STUPID
Activision made the point of this game to trap kaos, but hardly ANYONE can even have the trap to play as him. And what about the little kids ?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 11:50:01 13/01/2015
I seriously think that Activision should ship out a large amount of these to ToysRUs (multiple boxes, how about 6 per store?) and limit it to one per person.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#9 Posted: 22:16:25 13/01/2015
Quote: Matteomax
I seriously think that Activision should ship out a large amount of these to ToysRUs (multiple boxes, how about 6 per store?) and limit it to one per person.

Sadly most TRU stores wouldnt limit purchases because they only care about the number of sales
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#10 Posted: 23:47:53 13/01/2015
Quote: SkyScratch

Sadly most TRU stores wouldnt limit purchases because they only care about the number of sales

During the 2nd release event of the light & dark packs, the email alert they sent out the night before indicated the purchase limit of one of each per person. Somebody mentioned on these forums mentioned that they were limited to either light or dark, but that was obviously wrong based on the wording of the email and it was a store employee misinterpretation. They can limit purchases for any hot item they want. I doubt they'd want to now considering the item has been on sale on and mostly off for over 3 months now.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#11 Posted: 23:54:22 13/01/2015
I have never even seen one in the wild. It's a lot of BS :/
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 01:21:56 14/01/2015

As most businesses that want to survive will.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#13 Posted: 01:28:50 14/01/2015
One TRU in particular limits sales on Kaos traps. I was traveling for work and passed through Springfield, MO and had some time to kill so I stopped in at TRU. The TRU employee in electronics asked if I needed help finding anything and in jest I said "not unless you have a Kaos trap, but thanks anyway, I'm just checking out your skylanders." Another lady was there with her son looking at skylanders and she laughed saying the Kaos trap is "like gold" with the prices on Ebay and all. The TRU employee said "let me check", went to the back, and he returned with 2 Kaos traps, one for me and one for the other lady. He said that "Ebayers" come in every morning right when they open to check what they have, so they keep the Kaos traps in the back because if they put them all out, they'd be cleaned out as soon as they open.

I take no position on this practice, or the supposed reasoning behind it; that's just what he said.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#14 Posted: 04:25:28 14/01/2015
Well its good your TRU dose that...wish ours did. Because i to have never seen one in the wild like OnionCakes said. Also like i said in another post my local Gamestop manager said he saw his first Kaos trap last week....and he only got 1 shipped to him. Of witch...that tells me Gamestop main is opening the box's and sending what they want to there stores...wouldn't be a bit surprised if there not sitting on a butt load of them in there warehouse.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 14:51:38 14/01/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

As most businesses that want to survive will.

Not entirely. Yes, they need sales, but it is a question of long term versus short term sales. If you frustrate and run off customers, it has a negative impact. You want happy customers, and if you have 10 customers that want an item and 10 of that item, if one person buys all 10, you have 9 unhappy customers and 1 happy one. It's like a return policy, stores don't make money from returns - they foster goodwill, which as a result turns into future sales - and it encourages people to purchase items now because of less risk.

Stores that focus purely on sales right now tend to not last really long. Customers figure it out and go somewhere else.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:04 14/01/2015 by defpally
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#16 Posted: 20:23:01 14/01/2015
^ I get all of that, but my statement stands on its own. Any business not generating profits do not survive. How they balance that equation with customer service really wasn't something I wanted to be pontificating here (nor is there an easy answer); however going back to what sparked my comment "all they care about is sales" is disingenuous at best. Corporations are evil? Have at it. I know where my bread is buttered.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:29:29 14/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
jeffro2000 Blue Sparx Gems: 780
#17 Posted: 13:26:40 15/01/2015
Got one this morning after just missing out last night. They only let you purchase 1 which is great. I needed 2 (nephew) but I am glad to see a limit on them personally.

Thanks a lot to the OP.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me