Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Fitness topic #2 [CLOSED]
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#51 Posted: 11:21:16 26/02/2015
Quote: Samius
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
It's not bumping when you're on topic.

I'll do my best to help, but I need you to answer some questions first. First off, have you eve had an exercise routine before? And second, what equipment do you have available?

No. I have 2 8 pound weights and a 10 pound medicine ball... I COULD try to go to the gym Mondays ir Fridays

The gym would be a great advantage, because you would have access to basic equipment that's also safe.
It'll take some time to whip up a basic routine because I've got a lot of other stuff to do right now. I'm online just to keep an eye on the reports.
I'll try to post something later today or tomorrow!

Thanks so much!
---
now its time to get funky
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#52 Posted: 17:57:07 28/02/2015
I've been doing 15 push ups and sit ups/curl ups every time I go to the restroom. Yee. e.e
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#53 Posted: 20:36:05 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
I've been doing 15 push ups and sit ups/curl ups every time I go to the restroom. Yee. e.e

Little routines like that are actually a great way to get you accustomed to working out.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#54 Posted: 19:33:23 15/03/2015
Topic bump plus relevant information

I went on an hour jog today, I felt like utter **** afterwards, but after cooling down for about 30 minutes, I feel great!
#55 Posted: 21:37:51 15/03/2015 | Topic Creator
That's how it usually goes. I hate jogging myself actually, I just don't get that good feeling from it. Swimming is my choice of cardio.
#56 Posted: 21:52:35 15/03/2015
That's how it usually goes. I hate jogging myself actually, I just don't get that good feeling from it. Swimming is my choice of cardio.

I'd go swimming, but the only pool around is the public one, and they only allow lap swimming once a month.
#57 Posted: 13:04:29 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Ah, I really hate it whenever there's a shortage of facilities. I haven't had to deal with that problem myself a lot, but I know what it feels like.
#58 Posted: 14:10:34 16/03/2015
I really only go running ant to my local gym. Every other place in town is either really creepy inside, or laughs at you if you aren't already a body builder when you walk in.
#59 Posted: 14:35:23 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Laughing at others for their efforts is just dumb. I've never seen it happen here, but that's probably because the culture here is different. I suspect that the people there see it the way that their respect has to be earned.
Anyway, everybody starts somewhere.
#60 Posted: 16:25:00 16/03/2015
Just about every gym is elitist here, it kind of discourages me to go. I'll get over it eventually though.
#61 Posted: 16:48:09 11/04/2015
I started doing dumbbell workouts(100 per hand) and ending it with a 20 minute treadmill jog.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#62 Posted: 18:02:08 11/04/2015
I started doing dumbbell workouts(100 per hand) and ending it with a 20 minute treadmill jog.

How much weight are the dumbbells?
#63 Posted: 18:02:48 11/04/2015
Quote: Metallo

How much weight are the dumbbells?

30 ibs
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#64 Posted: 04:50:05 26/04/2015
Last time I went to the gym I nearly passed out, so now I'm scared to go back >____<
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#65 Posted: 11:52:34 28/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
Last time I went to the gym I nearly passed out, so now I'm scared to go back >____<

What were you doing (or done doing) when you were going to pass out?
#66 Posted: 12:44:15 28/04/2015

Went a mile on the treadmill, just kinda switched between walking and running so I wouldn't overdo it. Then I went on the elliptical, and I almost made it a mile on that when I started getting really nauseous, so I decided to get off because of it. I had done the same exact thing the other times I went and nothing happened before, so I don't really know what the problem was. I had a light breakfast that morning, I think I had some water, and I even took a vitamin. I have been having some mild health issues lately, so maybe that's why. I don't really know.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#67 Posted: 18:09:46 28/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Went a mile on the treadmill, just kinda switched between walking and running so I wouldn't overdo it. Then I went on the elliptical, and I almost made it a mile on that when I started getting really nauseous, so I decided to get off because of it. I had done the same exact thing the other times I went and nothing happened before, so I don't really know what the problem was. I had a light breakfast that morning, I think I had some water, and I even took a vitamin. I have been having some mild health issues lately, so maybe that's why. I don't really know.

Ok, well it could have been because of several reasons. I don't know about any possible medical ones, but here are a few examples.

Sleep deprivation
Low blood pressure
Dehydration (most common one)
Forgetting to breath in (this can happen during large compound exercises)

If it continues then you should probably get it checked out, but it can happen occasionally without it necessarily meaning anything more than that you've forgotten to drink enough water.
#68 Posted: 19:51:11 28/04/2015
That's true. Knowing me, it was probably dehydration lol
Thanks!~
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#69 Posted: 08:45:25 29/04/2015 | Topic Creator
That's true. Knowing me, it was probably dehydration lol
Thanks!~

No problem. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more information.
#70 Posted: 23:00:06 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay folks, update time.

Due to the abundance of stuff that I've had to do I haven't been working out so much in the last few months. That changed yesterday, as I started a new workout routine. I'm just posting it here if anyone is interested.

This routine runs in four-day cycles, not in seven-day cycles as most routines. It goes as following.

A,B,C,rest - A,B,C,rest - A,B,C,rest... All exercises include warm-ups and three sets of 6-12 reps if not stated otherwise.

A: Pecs, triceps, delts
Benchpress
Dumbell flyes
Shoulder press
Side raises
Skullcrushers
Dips (sets to failure)

20-30mins of cardio.

B: Back, biceps
Lat pulldowns
Cable rows
Pendlay rows
Bicep curls
Bicep curls with reverse grip
Pull-ups (sets to failure)

20-30 minutes of cardio

C: Legs, abs
Squats
Lunges
Stiff legged deadlifts
Calf press
Weighted abdominal crunches (sets include 10-15 reps)
Weighted bicycles (sets include 10-15 reps)

20-30 minutes of cardio.

---

I'll keep this up for a couple of months and try to track my progress as accurately as possible. I'll also try to give you guys a monthly update on how I'm doing.
#71 Posted: 04:05:20 09/07/2015
Why are treadmills so born Samius senpai? D;
#72 Posted: 11:19:23 09/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Boring? Well I think jogging is kinda boring in general, but if I had to stay still while doing it on top of that? It would magnify the effect.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#73 Posted: 22:52:30 29/07/2015
Oh my god, after a month of exercise, I can already feel (and see) the difference. A month ago, the only exercise I did was going to the kitchen to get more food, but now I bike 2-4 miles a day, and do some upper body workouts that my mom told me to do (she's a personal trainer, so it's not like she just tells me **** and I do it hoping it'll make me stronger) every 2 days. It's not too hard to take half an hour out of your day to go on a walk or a bike ride or anything. Your body will thank you.
#74 Posted: 07:40:28 30/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mesuxelf
Oh my god, after a month of exercise, I can already feel (and see) the difference. A month ago, the only exercise I did was going to the kitchen to get more food, but now I bike 2-4 miles a day, and do some upper body workouts that my mom told me to do (she's a personal trainer, so it's not like she just tells me **** and I do it hoping it'll make me stronger) every 2 days. It's not too hard to take half an hour out of your day to go on a walk or a bike ride or anything. Your body will thank you.

That's great to hear! I hope other users will have similar experiences too.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#75 Posted: 23:08:56 08/09/2015
Hey Samius, is the workout you posted above good for beginners? I've started working out at my schools gym but I don't really have a plan.
#76 Posted: 09:03:15 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
Hey Samius, is the workout you posted above good for beginners? I've started working out at my schools gym but I don't really have a plan.

I'd say it has a good amount of volume, but working out so often could be challenging. I sometimes find myself unable to workout because there are many things I put ahead of my workouts in my schedule, and sometimes I just simply don't feel like going to the gym. The fact that I live relatively far away from it doesn't help.
At the moment I'm actually thinking of investing in a home gym to get around this problem, btw.

In your case, I would at least add a rest day after every workout day, instead of the single rest day after the whole cycle like I did it.

Also, if you're just starting out remember to get used to lifting weights first before you start the real program. You can achieve this by working out with lighter weights. This is to minimize the risk of injury.
#77 Posted: 00:29:38 15/09/2015
Well I'm off to a good start. I hurt myself on Friday and I couldn't move my left arm much until tonight.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#78 Posted: 01:04:09 16/09/2015
Why are treadmills so born Samius senpai? D;

I'm lucky -- my basement floor is rollerblade-friendly so I can do rollerblading as cardio.
#79 Posted: 18:08:35 23/04/2016
Bump.
So for New Years I told myself that I was sick of my **** and being inactive so I started going to the gym and I actually kept at it! I've been going for almost 4 months now and I'm definitely seeing some awesome progress. I used to get C's at my school's pacer test (ugh I know) and now I'm getting A's and stuff! Also gaining lots of muscle mass, I was 140 pounds now I'm at around 158.
#80 Posted: 21:07:13 23/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Awesome, man! That's exactly the kinda news I like to hear! I bet by now you understand why keeping yourself in shape is such a good thing, so that all adds to your workout motivation.

As always, if you need any advice I'm always ready to help in any way I can. Even if this topic is largely dead.
#81 Posted: 02:42:37 24/04/2016
Yeah it feels so good not being out of shape and it's definitely helped me control what I eat too, I no longer get constant junk food cravings and I only drink water because I really have a distaste for soda and excessively sugary juices. It's also been a huge boost if self confidence! Only regret is that I didn't start sooner smilie
How often do you go to the gym Samius? I've been curious.
#82 Posted: 09:33:19 24/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
Yeah it feels so good not being out of shape and it's definitely helped me control what I eat too, I no longer get constant junk food cravings and I only drink water because I really have a distaste for soda and excessively sugary juices. It's also been a huge boost if self confidence! Only regret is that I didn't start sooner smilie
How often do you go to the gym Samius? I've been curious.

I've been working out very inconsistently during the winter, and I actually have a home gym. It's not completely finished (needs a squat rack and a pull-up bar), and it's in our carage, which makes working out during Finnish winter some eskimo-tier ****. Now that the days are getting warmer I'm getting back into it, and I've already made a promise that this year's shirtless pic will be a lot better than the last year's.

When I do start I'm going to ease myself into following the same plan that I posted here last year. So that means three days in a row, rest, three days in a row, rest, etc. etc..

Quote: Drawdler
tfw wanting to jog but haven't even done that in over a week because the weather is too cold
I've really let myself go and my shape was never that good in the first place smilie If I could jog alone, it'd be different (a nice excuse to be by myself, which I always love, even if I wasn't in the mood for excercise), but my mom always has to come with me and it's so annoying just to find an agreeable time for it
and I'm too picky with foods for my own good mmmmehhhhh

You just have to find the time. It'll be worth it.

One thing that is also important to remember is to not kick yourself in the head when everything doesn't go according to plan. Sometimes things get ahead of training and keeping in shape (like they did for me, for example) and it's not the end of the world.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#83 Posted: 13:25:00 24/04/2016
I don't have a gym membership or anything, but I still walk and run a lot. I live in an area with a ton of walking trails and beaches. I used to cycle on my bike a lot, but the pedal broke and I don't have the time right now to fix it. I also rock climb occasionally.

I have no fixed schedule or routine, but I am active often.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#84 Posted: 13:28:45 24/04/2016
Oooh thought I would add to this topic smilie

I used to go to the gym a few years ago, but I definitely prefer being outdoors. Whenever I go on holiday with my family, we usually spend the whole week walking up mountains or along beaches. Now I go horse riding every week, it's really good for your balance/posture! smilie
#85 Posted: 14:18:26 24/04/2016
I've noticed that with the warmer weather there are less people at the gym. More of that sweet sweet AC for me then! I really dislike sweating like a pig after for 2 minutes during the summer, and I can never seem to keep a proper pace when I run outside.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me