Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dark and Light sanctums [CLOSED]
Jedi_Kunle Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#1 Posted: 03:05:37 09/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I hope we get the new Dark and Light sanctums soon and maybe some new islands.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 17:03:29 09/01/2015
Don't hold your breath. It seems like the hiatus is on, so who knows when we'll get an update. But even still, there are only going to be 2 Skylanders per element, so I'm not sure they are considering a sanctum/sanctuary, but I could be wrong. Maybe they'll come up with something similar which may be upgraded later if they release more of that element in future games.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 18:15:31 09/01/2015
They should move all the dark variants into the dark element.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#4 Posted: 18:19:46 09/01/2015
Quote: midas73
They should move all the dark variants into the dark element.

Never gonna happen.
---
Spread those positive vibes
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#5 Posted: 19:18:43 09/01/2015
Presumably the sanctum equivalents will be the dark and light temples. We know the dark temple is coming at some point, merely speculating that it is a sanctuary equivalent though.
#6 Posted: 19:39:59 09/01/2015
Quote: CrazyCanuck
Presumably the sanctum equivalents will be the dark and light temples. We know the dark temple is coming at some point, merely speculating that it is a sanctuary equivalent though.

Where did you hear anything like that? They never release info on upcoming updates, so there's no way of knowing what's coming.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#7 Posted: 20:45:44 09/01/2015
Quote: obidawsn

Where did you hear anything like that? They never release info on upcoming updates, so there's no way of knowing what's coming.

Knight Mare has a quest to be used three times in the Dark Temple. As it stands, the quest is incompletable. But if that isn't a clear indication that a dark temple is coming, I can't imagine what is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:07 09/01/2015 by CrazyCanuck
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#8 Posted: 21:00:22 09/01/2015
Maybe the temples will be introduced after the Light and Dark Skylanders are introduced into the game (without using the portal, that is).
#9 Posted: 14:39:37 12/01/2015
Quote: obidawsn

Knight Mare has a quest to be used three times in the Dark Temple. As it stands, the quest is incompletable. But if that isn't a clear indication that a dark temple is coming, I can't imagine what is.

Ahh. I remember someone mentioning that, now.
Jedi_Kunle Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#10 Posted: 01:56:57 13/01/2015 | Topic Creator
The gateways are cool but do you think we will still get sanctums and link towers in the game
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#11 Posted: 03:10:39 13/01/2015
I'd say it's unlikely we'll see islands, sanctums or link towers. At least not until the next Skylanders game comes out which will presumably have more dark and light element characters.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#12 Posted: 05:04:12 13/01/2015
What ar the gateways? Are they more like the trap team and swap force houses? If so then WHY so expensive?
#13 Posted: 06:08:05 13/01/2015
They have a 10 hour cycle, so with that time frame and at that price I hope they provide pretty significant gem payout potential!
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#14 Posted: 09:47:47 13/01/2015
10 hours is the same collection time as the sanctums and, as I recall, if you had to buy one it was around 2000 gems. I think the gateways are the light/dark equivalent of sanctums, at least for the time being.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#15 Posted: 10:22:56 13/01/2015
I think the quest of Knight Mare for the Dark Temple is the first "regular" quest for which something is needed that can only be bought with gems (actually with a lot). So without investing a lot of real money this quest is not possible to fulfill. Pretty disappointing development.
#16 Posted: 10:49:19 13/01/2015
Quote: gewappnet
I think the quest of Knight Mare for the Dark Temple is the first "regular" quest for which something is needed that can only be bought with gems (actually with a lot). So without investing a lot of real money this quest is not possible to fulfill. Pretty disappointing development.

3000 gems is very achievable without spending any real money, the game is very generous with handing out the premium currency through in game activity.
#17 Posted: 11:54:47 13/01/2015
Quote: ABennett
3000 gems is very achievable without spending any real money, the game is very generous with handing out the premium currency through in game activity.

I am at level 45 and have got all Skylanders, but I would need more than a month to get 1500 gems.

Nevertheless it is the first time ever in the game that you need gem-only buildings to fulfill a regular Skylander quest. This is definitely a fundamental change of the game.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#18 Posted: 13:05:22 13/01/2015
I will wait for a discount option . Right now i dont have any light or dark landers to fill em up .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#19 Posted: 13:46:11 13/01/2015
2x 1500 is a lot for me too. But i can wait for the discount. I guess we will have 33% within a month and 50% until easter holidays or maybe valentins day.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#20 Posted: 15:24:24 13/01/2015
Have the sanctums gone on sale yet?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#21 Posted: 16:00:57 13/01/2015
3000 Gems for the pair sounds like a lot. For me, it's not too much since I've been maxed out for months and have built up over 20,000 games with nothing to spend them on.
#22 Posted: 16:01:13 13/01/2015
they were 25% off over Christmas/New Year weekend

I bought Rufus on sale at 50% off and then went to pick up the boys from school, came back and the update loaded. I could have had one of the gateways if I'd waited literally 15 min.

Not sure which choice I would have made--but I'm certain I'd've fulfilled a 6 day quest before an expensive companion that does little for me (I'm already level 45)

I just decided to get the valentine house since everyone seemed to think that LI devs would take at least a month hiatus
#23 Posted: 16:56:47 13/01/2015
Quote: BUGMom05

I just decided to get the valentine house since everyone seemed to think that LI devs would take at least a month hiatus

Yeah. It is weird that the random offers started popping up after a small update. They were just like the offers during last year's hiatus. So for there to be an actual update, today, is a bit strange. That's still not to say that this may be the last update for a while. It could be that they were getting it ready and weren't exactly there, yet, for last week, so they went ahead and kicked in their "hiatus" update and gave us this update, this week. I'm glad that they gave us this update since it seemed like a tease to give us dark/light decorations and put the elements in the Skylanders list and not fully have them in the game. I'm hoping it's not just a last ditch update before they go on hiatus, and that they keep going, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.
iNiekie Blue Sparx Gems: 549
#24 Posted: 22:02:58 13/01/2015
Quote: Wally-Gang
10 hours is the same collection time as the sanctums and, as I recall, if you had to buy one it was around 2000 gems. I think the gateways are the light/dark equivalent of sanctums, at least for the time being.

Upgraded Sanctuaries would actually cost 1200 gems each, but I got lucky to grab them on sale for 900 each.

It is still not fair though. I earned all upgraded sanctuaries for free (did all quests), until my game chrashed and Activision could do nothing about it (load error 10 and 12). I started a new game, speeding things up with gems activation gave me to soften the pain of restarting all over.
I think everybody should get these quests with free upgraded sanctuaries as reward, regardless the starting point of your game. Eg, early adopters get all good deals, and new players have to pay gems for the same accomplishments.....
---
Activate family: DoubleDutchy & iNiekie (last account has problems....)
Daily gifter untill game crashed, Activision is working on it.......
#25 Posted: 22:41:09 20/01/2015
Quote: gewappnet
Nevertheless it is the first time ever in the game that you need gem-only buildings to fulfill a regular Skylander quest. This is definitely a fundamental change of the game.

It was obviously not intended. They changed the quest! It is no longer needed to have the dark gateway. This quest is now collecting three times from the library.
#26 Posted: 23:23:11 20/01/2015
Hrmm.i managed to get the gems together for just one gateway. I picked the dark one because of knight Mares quest. I even managed to finish collecting in time for the shrine quest
#27 Posted: 15:57:07 26/01/2015
Quote: BUGMom05
they were 25% off over Christmas/New Year weekend

I bought Rufus on sale at 50% off and then went to pick up the boys from school, came back and the update loaded. I could have had one of the gateways if I'd waited literally 15 min.

I have the dark gateway, got the gems in time to complete most of the quest. Sped up one collection, though for the prize. And also finished knight mare before they changed his third quest to the library. And now on a Monday morning, I have the gems for a light gateway. I think I will hold off a few hours to see if we have a quest/update with something good to spend gems on.

Just don't want the same mistake to happen again
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me