Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Mags' Struggle (Spoiler Alert) Chapter 3 Posted
Page 1 of 1
Mags' Struggle (Spoiler Alert) Chapter 3 Posted [CLOSED]
TheBladesFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#1 Posted: 14:49:07 03/01/2015 | Topic Creator
First: This is the first fanfic I have written. It might not be that good.
Second: If you have not played the Sunscraper Spire level, PLEASE LEAVE NOW. This contains spoilers. I have changed the ending slightly but it's almost identical to the real thing. Also, some content could potentially upset readers for personal reasons (not just because it's sad). The content is potentially when a building collapses on some characters and (WARNING THIS IS SPOILER TAGGED FOR IT IS RELATED BUT NOT IDENTICAL TO THE ENDING OF SUNSCRAPER SPIRE)
When Luminous attacks Mags as when this happens, she gets a headaches/migrane kind of thing.

If point one is an issue, please skip chapter one.
If point two is an issue, there is no point reading as you would only be able to read chapters one,two and chapter eight (the last one).
If both are an issue, there is no point reading as you would only be able to read chapters two and eight.
The next post explains what the story is based on.

Thank you.
---
bookloverlolly.tumblr.com
Skylander Count: SSA 52/54 SG 61/66 SSF ??/?? STT ??/?? SSC 51/65 SI 6/??
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 07:27:35 19/01/2015 by TheBladesFan
#2 Posted: 14:55:47 03/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok.

This story is based on the speculation that Mags is Luminous but changed slightly. You will see what I mean when you read the story. The first chapter should be up by Sunday night UK time. Hope you enjoy and please comment what you honestly think. If you think it's the worst fanfic ever, please don't be afraid to say so.
---
#3 Posted: 17:33:46 03/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1

Luminous is attacking Radiant City. The Core Of Light is still intact. Luminous floats in the sky, preparing to fire a light beam, shields up with a menacing look on his face. Knight Light stares at Luminous. They have been fighting for days on end. Countless light beams have been fired, killing most of the citizens. Hundreds of sword slashes have hit been blocked.

"Give me the Starlight and I'll leave this place!" Shouts Luminous.

If I give it to him, he will take over Skylands or destroy it. I can't let that happen! Thought Knight Light.

"I would rather die trying to stop you." Says Knight Light. He pauses for a second, then flies at Luminous to attack the shields with his traptanium blade. His attempt is futile as he is knocked back. Luminous takes the opportunity to shoot him with a beam of light. Knight Light manages to reflect the beam back at Luminous but he swerves away. The beam hit a large building in the distance, which Knight Light could see the remaining survivors underneath.

Meanwhile, three year old Mags is near the collapsing building with the Everyone is starting to panic.
"No! The building! It's starting to collapse!" Says a Mabu wearing a yellow bandana.
"AHHHHHHHHH!" Scream the other Mabu residents.
Mags' Mum hugs onto her daughter tightly. She then holds onto Mags' shoulders and shakes her lightly.
"I just want you to know that I love you and always will, Ok?" She cries, tears streaming down her face. Mags is also crying. She is quite intelligent for her age as she can easily solve puzzles that some mabu children twice her age can't but she doesn't understand what is going on.
"IT'S FALLING!!!" Said the bandana Mabu. Everybody runs from the center of the building's shadow but it was too late. Mags' Mum was at the edge, however, the building was about to crush everyone.
She whispers to Mags "I love you." As she threw her daughter out from under the building. Mags' arm reaches out for her mother.

Mags takes one last look at her mother as the building crushes all of the people she knows.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:00:42 04/01/2015 by TheBladesFan
#4 Posted: 17:46:50 03/01/2015 | Topic Creator
So what do you think? Is is good or absolutely horrible? I managed to get this typed today so the next chapter might be up tomorrow.

EDIT: I will do one a week. They will probably be posted near the beginning of the week so I'll mainly write on weekends.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:02:06 04/01/2015 by TheBladesFan
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#5 Posted: 03:14:23 05/01/2015
Good story Thebladeffan
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#6 Posted: 10:17:46 05/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks. It's the new week now so the next chapter should be up today (maybe tomorrow). Thanks for commenting.
---
#7 Posted: 16:27:13 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter Two

Knight Light looks at the pile of rubble. He is now angry. Angry with himself for reflecting the beam instead of dodging it.
"You're going to get a world of pain!" Says Knight Light, shaking with rage. He uses his light up attack to try and trap him in one spot.

It fails as Luminous flies behind him. He quickly charges a crystal shard. Knight Light spots Luminous out of the corner of his eye. He turns around just as the shard is about to hit him. Luminous had barely used this shot before this and every time he used this, it hit. This time, Knight Light is smarter. He slashes the shard with his scimitar. Instead of breaking it like he expects, he sends it back at Luminous. The shard hits Luminous square in the chest. He plummets down to Radiant City.

"AHHHHHHHH!" Screams Luminous. He hits ground with a thump. Knight Light slowly descends and lightly touches down. Luminous barely manages to break the shard and cannot stand up.

"You...you have defeated me. How could I let this happen?" Luminous says angrily. He puts all his hatred into one stare. Knight Light steps forward.
"Now, I must seal you in the Sunscraper Spire." Says Knight Light.
"No...please...anything but that..." Knight Light then starts to seal him.

Luminous sees something behind a fallen building. Mags still has tears rolling down her cheeks.

Perfect. She just the kind of person I need to partly escape this punishment. Someone with an almost uninfluenced mind.

A bright light engulfs Luminous. He can feel himself losing the ability to use his body. Quickly, he concentrates on Mags and imagines himself in her body. For a few seconds, he feels floaty and light. However, the weird sensation stops.

He sees the scene from a different angle. He can't control the body or speak through it though. If Luminous tries to control her(or even communicate telepathically with her at her current age) he will end up killing her then either returning to his own body then be sealed forever or he would not be able to return to his own body and die. He will have to wait until she is at least five to speak to her then wait until she is an adult to control her.

Knight Light finally finishes sealing Luminous' body, not knowing that his soul escaped. He drops to his knees and stares up at the sky.
"WHAT DID ANYBODY IN THIS CITY DO TO DESERVE THIS?!" He cries out.

He puts his scimitar down as he looks at the place which he once called home.
---
#8 Posted: 16:30:14 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
So what do you think? Was this any good?

Sorry it was late. I couldn't get it finished on Monday and I finished it on Tuesday but my 3G didn't pick up a signal.

The next one is coming sometime next week.
---
Eternal Sunfury Blue Sparx Gems: 664
#9 Posted: 18:20:18 07/01/2015
Cool, I personally played Sunscraper Spire and found it interesting and your story gives a good introduction to it and it is written well.
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
#10 Posted: 23:38:49 08/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm glad you have enjoyed it so far. The story as a whole is based on the confusion about the ending but with a twist of Mags being controlled not actually being Luminous (honestly, I am presuming everyone reading here already knows how the level ends). However, the first two chapters are purely based on Knight Light's backstory but I added a more detailed description.

I am surprised by the fact that people read it (even if I asked them if they could possibly read it), let alone like it. This story probably won't be discontinued as I have written notes for the plot of each chapter. Thanks for reading.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#11 Posted: 01:53:46 09/01/2015
cool story.its very exciting really good..
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#12 Posted: 01:06:49 18/01/2015
Wheres the next one? It's been a few weeks!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 20:48:01 18/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry about this. I don't think I made it clear about what I meant. An example of what I meant is if I posted one tomorrow (week commencing 19th), I don't mean I would post the next Monday. I would post it sometime during the next week (week commencing 26th?). Sorry if i confused anyone.

The next one should be up today or tomorrow. I have been quite busy with being back at school. Sorry again.
---
#14 Posted: 23:40:42 18/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter Three

Thirteen year old Mags sits down at the edge of her island and puts her staff down. She has lived her since she left... well she can't remember where. All she can remember is what the place looked like and her mother...

She remembers her last words exactly.
'I just want you to know that I love you and always will, Ok? I love you.' And the look on her face...

Mags shakes her head. Her mum wouldn't want her to be unhappy. She would want her enjoy herself. She unrolls a scroll with many building sketches, notes, mathematical equations and proportions.

Legends about the Skylanders had spread far and wide. She also knows that since the Core Of Light is destroyed, the Skylanders that remain need a new headquarters.

These events have given her the of Skylanders Academy. She thinks it could be training grounds for the Skylanders if it is ever built. She is currently sketching a training area for the Mini Skylanders that have just come through from the Miniverse so they aren't as strong as normal skylanders. However, it would take a long time to finish designing and years to build. She rolls up the scroll and shoves it in her pocket. Suddenly, she feels a searing pain in her head. She clutches her head and closes her eyes.

"Forget it Mags. NEVER help the Skylanders! DESTROY SKYLANDS!"
"No. I can't let you do that."
"But I will Mags. Eventually."

Mags waits for the pain to stop. Luminous is somehow in her head and she doesn't know why. He's just... there. Whenever he invades her head, it always hurts especially when he attacks with more force. She can't speak to him though.

"Are you ok?" Asks a voice from behind. Mags turns around to see Smolderdash. She takes her hand off her head and calms herself down.
"Yes thanks. I'm fine." Mags really wasn't fine but she couldn't tell anyone that.
"Wait, are you Smolderdash? As in the Skylander?" Mags is excited at the thought of meeting a Skylander.
"Yes I am. We came here to look for a rainfish that was heading for here but there doesn't seem to be anything here."
"Well hot buttered toast, I never thought I'd see a Skylander let alone speak to one." Mags picks up her staff and stands up. Smolderdash looks at the staff and considers something.

"Hey, did you happen to make that staff yourself?" Asks Smolderdash.
"I did actually. I'm Mags by the way, inventor of this cool staff and about ten million other things. That's a literal number as well."
"If you don't mind, could you please possibly help us with something..."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:27:00 19/01/2015 by TheBladesFan
#15 Posted: 23:45:51 18/01/2015 | Topic Creator
So what did you think? Was it as good as the last two? This one was more conversation based than action packed. Sorry that it took so long. Next should be up before the 25th.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#16 Posted: 00:42:11 19/01/2015
"Forget it Mags. NEVER help the Skylanders! DESTROY SKYLANDS!"
"No. I can't let you do that."
"But I will. Eventually."

Did Mags say "I can't let you do that" and "But i will Eventually"
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#17 Posted: 07:25:40 19/01/2015 | Topic Creator
No. That was Luminous. I might edit that. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Last line says "But I will Mags. Eventually." to make it clear on who is speaking.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:30:23 19/01/2015 by TheBladesFan
#18 Posted: 17:07:32 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
The next one won't be up for another week. My mind hasn't been clear enough to write anything for this fanfic. Sorry.
---
#19 Posted: 16:04:49 09/02/2015 | Topic Creator
This is going to be closed as I don't have the time to write once a week. I had a plan for the story but the chapters are quite long. Sorry if you actually liked this. I may reboot later. Sorry.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me