Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 36 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48 49 50
Flight Rising 13 [CLOSED]
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#1751 Posted: 17:14:59 03/06/2015
I'm going to choose a new matriarch of my clan. The first page of my dragons doesn't really count since the first two rows are my and C_f's characters (minus Viheira). I'll probably make a whole new make-over lol.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1752 Posted: 02:03:31 04/06/2015
If anyone has one available, I am in need of a Nature nest.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#1753 Posted: 02:48:14 04/06/2015
Rant/whine/complaining ahead proceed with caution:

How do you guys earn money so easily? How do you make pretty dragons? It's been a year and I'm just now asking these questions, but I've tried everything. The fairgrounds just don't work for me. I can grind them for at max half-an-hour before I'm just bored of clicking little squares in Shock Switch. The coliseum is alright but it SO hard to move up levels and I'm still stuck on the Woodland Path because they slaughter me in the next one. I guess it's kind of my fault because I turned down a helper when I first joined, and then I essentially left completely for the entire first half of the year. But it still shouldn't be this hard. I have ~145K T and 12 G to my name... I can't afford to buy anything nice, and then comparing myself to the others who joined in my reg window, I feel like I completely failed this game. Meh!!! smilie
AND CAN I MENTION HOW MUCH I HATE THAT THEY'RE NOT RETIRING THE BEARS?!?! Like, I bought extras of a bunch of those suckers so I could one day sell them to those who missed out, but no, they'll be available for as long as FR is alive. I can't stand NoN.

If you read that, thank you for taking your time. I really just needed to get that off my chest.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:48 04/06/2015 by Dmcrocks
#1754 Posted: 02:57:11 04/06/2015
Quote: Dmcrocks
Rant/whine/complaining ahead proceed with caution:

How do you guys earn money so easily? How do you make pretty dragons? It's been a year and I'm just now asking these questions, but I've tried everything. The fairgrounds just don't work for me. I can grind them for at max half-an-hour before I'm just bored of clicking little squares in Shock Switch. The coliseum is alright but it SO hard to move up levels and I'm still stuck on the Woodland Path because they slaughter me in the next one. I guess it's kind of my fault because I turned down a helper when I first joined, and then I essentially left completely for the entire first half of the year. But it still shouldn't be this hard. I have ~145K T and 12 G to my name... I can't afford to buy anything nice, and then comparing myself to the others who joined in my reg window, I feel like I completely failed this game. Meh!!! smilie
AND CAN I MENTION HOW MUCH I HATE THAT THEY'RE NOT RETIRING THE BEARS?!?! Like, I bought extras of a bunch of those suckers so I could one day sell them to those who missed out, but no, they'll be available for as long as FR is alive. I can't stand NoN.

If you read that, thank you for taking your time. I really just needed to get that off my chest.

I feel you... I gave up on Fairgrounds. Got good money, but got so bored of it. Plus i have trouble leveling up too, assuming it even loads for me.

Every day, I do my familiar bonding and if I don't need food, sell whatever I gather that day. Chests from familiars help. I breed for specific things and any reject babies get sold. I don't have an accent weakness unless it's something I actually have a need for and don't buy expansions or apparel very often. Money goes towards more breeding slaves or genes mostly. At the end of each day, all treasure is stuck in my vault toward later bigger purchases such as genes or sprites.

I see not retiring the bears as a mixed blessing. Yes it hurts those trying make money off of them, but it helps those who actually want a full bestiary. Still annoys me how expensive the sprites are and how unobtainable some are realistically. For my profit reasons, I get one skin chest each holiday and any extra holiday money goes into textra sashes to sell for later.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:09 04/06/2015 by Seiki
#1755 Posted: 03:21:10 04/06/2015
^I think my main problem with the breeding is how sentimentally attached I am to each of my dragons. Like, I couldn't sell, let alone exalt them. So I don't have space for specific breeding because all of my babs are taking up my space, and I could make space but I don't have money. Most of them have familiars but they're all at random stages in the bonding process. And while I was still active, I only grabbed duplicates of the bears 'cause I figured, it's the sprites that sell. So I have no duplicates of anything else festival to sell. I earn an estimated average of 10-15K a day from Bonding, Tomo, selling my rusted chests, and the little fairgrounds I can tolerate.

Off the topic of me, I don't get people who make giant sales thread as they're leaving FR. What are you gonna do with the treasure you make from those items? Give it to a charity or something? (Which there should totally be more of. Imagine if the insanely rich on this game gave to the struggling for free! All of the charities in Lightning are those where they require you to make monthly payments until your turn comes around. And when you're at the bottom of the list, you can practically buy whatever you're looking for with your payments by the time your turn comes around.)

Again, I apologize I'm just in a ranting mood.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#1756 Posted: 03:41:57 04/06/2015
I may find certain ones pretty (especially any from Mizuho & Kazuto) but then I say no, I want that other color, you're dead to me, and off it goes to the AH.

10-15 can add up if you save and budget.
---
#1757 Posted: 04:00:48 04/06/2015
My eventual goal is to run a raffle. I just feel like those things really make you money if you've got the right cash-grab prizes, like the obvious sprites. But I'd need someone to go into it with me. I can supply some prizes, but I'd need someone to supply the others. Right now, the only potential prizes I've got are two complete chess sets and some bears. I'm shooting for maybe a Halloweentime raffle? So that's what I'm saving for.
---
#1758 Posted: 04:42:03 04/06/2015
Quote: Dmcrocks
My eventual goal is to run a raffle. I just feel like those things really make you money if you've got the right cash-grab prizes, like the obvious sprites. But I'd need someone to go into it with me. I can supply some prizes, but I'd need someone to supply the others. Right now, the only potential prizes I've got are two complete chess sets and some bears. I'm shooting for maybe a Halloweentime raffle? So that's what I'm saving for.

I might be able to try to get a Swipp familiar or two to help in that time.
---
#1759 Posted: 10:46:58 04/06/2015
wall of text, beware

I have about 1,8 million treasure, and honestly, I do nothing much. I just bond with my familiars, open the chests I get since I'd rather get 16 gems than 30k from the auction house, gathering turns, and that's it.

Breeding is one of my main sources of profit if I already can be bothered to breed them and warm the nest for 5 days, and honestly it doesn't matter if the pair you've got won't give you pretty hatchlings. It's still 5~10k per hatchling. Sometimes you can get 50k for one hatchling, and it's clone sibling will be an exalt fodder. There's always that one fool that'll buy your dragon.

If you're on a computer and have a fast one, you can snipe from the marketplace. Especially when you have a dominance discount. I do this quite a bit. See what item is valuable in the AH, and then try to snipe it in the marketplace for less. I usually pretty much spam the buy button and buy every single piece even though I might not use it on any of my dragons, but in the AH you can earn 10~20k more cash. If you managed to snipe like 5 pieces, that's already 50~100k.
Don't let the under-cutters get to you though. It's what I'm going through right now. Trying to sell this stupid cloak for 240 gems and everybody is under cutting me for 30 gems. Eventually people will buy those cheaper ones, and it'll be just you left with the lowest price.

For festivals, get only one familiar. They're going to come back, and I'm sure their value won't get any higher in like, 2 years. And who's got the time to wait that long? Just one familiar, get whatever amount of apparel you like, and then sell the currency. Usually, one piece of currency is worth 1k treasure. And through the holiday you can gather up like 200 pieces if you're lucky with gathering and if you grind in the coliseum.
You could probably also look to buy old currencies from previous festivals. They're usually dirt cheap when currency's festival isn't around, and when the festival comes you'll be ready to buy yourself apparel from the start, and then again, sell the currency.

Of course you can always power level dragons in the coliseum and sell them when they hit high levels. I guess people would rather have gened and pretty colour combos (you can always get those for like 20k in the AH), and the dragon will be worth 200k if it's level 25 and you gave it all the right stones. (Though I don't really recommend giving it any stats unless you know what you're doing with it. Some people would probably rather do it themselves). I sold my basic Mirror for 120k I believe.
I know people like to gather food from the coli and sell it for tons of money, but I personally can't be arsed to see what sort of food is valuable, is it worth my time to try and grind for it, what venue drops it, etc etc... plus I'm a bit of a hoarder. I never sell my materials and trinkets unless I'm desperate lol.

Aaaaand if you can't be bothered with any of this just give them 5~20 bucks and get gems which you can then convert into treasure. The ratios are pretty crazy right now.

Also, personal advice, be cheap. As I said, I've got 1,8 million treasure, and to me buying apparel from the AH for 20k is a lot. Set yourself some minimum amount that you can have in your vault. I don't use the vault for cash but I personally don't want to go under 1,5 million. Before when I was still starting, it'd be 100k. And no matter what I don't let myself get under that amount otherwise I consider myself poor.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:51:29 04/06/2015 by Spyro-Fan
#1760 Posted: 14:33:09 04/06/2015
^We've should save that post for the eventual noobs. Thank you for your insight, Spyro-Fan.
---
#1761 Posted: 17:44:41 04/06/2015
And one more useful way of earning money, also buying exalt fodder for under 8k if you can, then train it to whatever level you desire, and exalt. I used to exalt them when they reach level 8.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1762 Posted: 22:14:25 04/06/2015
Speaking of breeding dragons I just hatched these lil babs, if anyone's interested.
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
Complete with stupid placeholder names.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#1763 Posted: 01:07:14 05/06/2015
Still on the search for a Nature nest if anyone has one. (Is anyone left even in Nature?)
---
#1764 Posted: 03:23:08 05/06/2015
Alrighty, I'm *hopefully* gonna be running something in Thundercrack, and I need some prizes, I've got somethings, and my partner can hopefully supply somethings, but I'm collecting donations, mainly chests. I need some Iron and Gilded Chests. If you have any extras that you don't need/want, if you'd send them over to me, they'll go straight into my vault until they're distributed. It doesn't need to be now, you could probably donate up through the Jubilee. Thank you guys. (Of course, if the event doesn't make the cut, I'll give everyone back everything they gave me.)
---
#1765 Posted: 09:05:53 05/06/2015
Quote: Seiki
Still on the search for a Nature nest if anyone has one. (Is anyone left even in Nature?)

As far as I know there's a nest rental topic somewhere on FR Discussion. You can try there.
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#1766 Posted: 15:16:13 05/06/2015

I'm still in Nature! And I'll probably have a nest by this evening. Just gotta exalt some dergs.
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#1767 Posted: 17:01:28 05/06/2015
DMC, I have a Ridgeback female with Vipera/basic/smoke of you would like her! I'd love to give her to you! Also, two imperials, if you would want them.

They all can go, to anyone who wants them.
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#1768 Posted: 17:01:59 05/06/2015
Does anybody know where I can get pictures of the backgrounds from the coliseum avenues?
#1769 Posted: 00:38:29 06/06/2015
Quote: Spyro-Fan

As far as I know there's a nest rental topic somewhere on FR Discussion. You can try there.

Yeah, I found a fire one there awhile back. But I remember someone here being Nature.... TBh, I trust you guys more than random strangers.

Quote: RumpleLover

I'm still in Nature! And I'll probably have a nest by this evening. Just gotta exalt some dergs.

Alright! Thanks. smilie I'll go ahead and set up crossroads for the dragons, accept whenever you're ready.
---
#1770 Posted: 13:55:50 06/06/2015
I was weak.

[User Posted Image]

edit: FINALLY SHE IS LEVEL 25 I HAVE TO TINCTURE HER BUT MY GOD THIS TOOK FOREVER I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT THE COLI FOR A MONTH

i still have level naoki and wol'dirr up fml

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:32 06/06/2015 by Spyro-Fan
#1771 Posted: 12:42:10 07/06/2015
#minibump

Does anybody have Obs/Obs male Wildclaw I could borrow for a moment, just to see what would specific apparel look on him?
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#1772 Posted: 13:30:11 07/06/2015
i have one yeah but he's got ice crackle if that's an issue

[User Posted Image]
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:31:11 07/06/2015 by ReshiramForever
#1773 Posted: 14:13:01 07/06/2015
Um yeah an issue lol. I need it to just be obs/obs and I guess it can have a tert that isn't standing out too much.
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#1774 Posted: 16:39:25 07/06/2015
I will be having skydancer babes hatching tomorrow and then Coatl/pearl babes in a few days
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#1775 Posted: 11:15:31 08/06/2015
YES.

BALDWIN.
#1776 Posted: 16:40:23 08/06/2015
Omg about ****ing time!
---
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#1777 Posted: 19:38:53 08/06/2015
[User Posted Image]
Quote:
One of the two clan guards, alongside his beloved partner Denebola, his bravery nose no bounds.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1778 Posted: 20:27:05 08/06/2015
Is anyone else really confused by Baldwin's? I've tried three times to transmute some random trinkets, but nothing is coming up.
---
#1779 Posted: 20:58:08 08/06/2015
You need to do a hard refresh on the site. Press Ctrl+F5. Nothing was coming up for me either until I did that.

In other news yay I'm level 2 in alchemy. It's kinda annoying you have to wait so long to transmute items, but oh well.

Also there is only one level 4 item recipe wtf.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1780 Posted: 22:15:39 08/06/2015
I've been trying to get that green whatever for the beaker thing, and I KEEP GETTING EVERYTHING BUT GREEN. It's supposed to be the easiest to get why is this happening?

Also I am immediately regretting automatically hoard selling all my spare familars. Literally all I've got is the spare manticore screamer I didn't even know I had.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1781 Posted: 22:27:12 08/06/2015
Guys I won a contest from Camiliri at first place. And I need to make room in my lair. I was if you guys are willing to pay 30k for a triple Shadow imperial.

[User Posted Image]

Both are male and have the same genes. (X/X/X Shadow and Shadow elemented)

Also... Am I the only one staring intensely at the nail apparel going "I need these. My lair is le spoopy and I need em."?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#1782 Posted: 22:38:20 08/06/2015
^I'll take one! smilie

Also, does anyone else get the sudden picture in their head of a familiar being gruesomely reduced to bubbling goo?
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:31 08/06/2015 by Starfire Dragon
#1783 Posted: 22:40:03 08/06/2015
Quote: Trix Master 100
Guys I won a contest from Camiliri at first place. And I need to make room in my lair. I was if you guys are willing to pay 30k for a triple Shadow imperial.

[User Posted Image]

Also... Am I the only one staring intensely at the nail apparel going "I need these. My lair is le spoopy and I need em."?

I did kinda of like them when I saw them and could use a couple.
---
#1784 Posted: 22:48:01 08/06/2015
How long have there been centaurs in the Scorched Forest?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:49 08/06/2015 by Dmcrocks
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#1785 Posted: 22:58:35 08/06/2015
Anyone willing to trade a silver muck or two for a copper muck or two?
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
#1786 Posted: 23:40:43 08/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

mmm it's cooking
#1787 Posted: 23:42:26 08/06/2015
Quote: Starfire Dragon
^I'll take one! XD

Also, does anyone else get the sudden picture in their head of a familiar being gruesomely reduced to bubbling goo?

Did you mean Radioactive slime or River Muck?

[User Posted Image]

Oh dear. I only have 2 males with triple shadow and triple genes, and their sister has a Mulberry tert.

[User Posted Image] (She'll be priced at a smaller price)

Um...How many are you hoping to get? I know Starfire wants at least 1 of the males.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#1788 Posted: 23:48:23 08/06/2015
^I didn't know you had a female!
Why you holding out on me? D:
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
#1789 Posted: 23:50:18 08/06/2015
^I'll take one! smilie

Did you mean Radioactive slime or River Muck?

[User Posted Image]

Oh dear. I only have 2 males with triple shadow and triple genes, and their sister has a Mulberry tert.

[User Posted Image] (She'll be priced at a smaller price)

Um...How many are you hoping to get? I know Starfire wants at least 1 of the males.

Oh my bad. Sorry, I was meaning about the apparel. XP I am interested in a red one for Higure for sure.
---
#1790 Posted: 00:20:44 09/06/2015
^Oh my bad XP

I'm sorry I didn't know you were looking for a female.
---
icon from Empoh
#1791 Posted: 00:29:51 09/06/2015
^Oh my bad XP

I'll take the female too ;p
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
#1792 Posted: 00:44:53 09/06/2015
I'm just really glad I can put this worthless apparel to some use.

Goodbye stupid fedoras and wizard hats. You will not be missed.

im so done with this site
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:58 09/06/2015 by Spyro-Fan
#1793 Posted: 01:04:32 09/06/2015
Quote: Spyro-Fan

Why can't I stop laughing....?
---
#1794 Posted: 01:20:34 09/06/2015
Got Glowing Green Clawtips. They look great on Noxia, but I'll use the hype and sell it for 100k or whatever.
#1795 Posted: 01:22:19 09/06/2015
omg... I just read the food item names and descriptions.

"Soylent Green:
Totally not made out of anything weird. Esecially that thing you may be thinking about. Life is perfect."

smilie
---
#1796 Posted: 01:23:33 09/06/2015
Yeah, read them all too. XD

But to reply to your previous post, yeah. I support LGBT but this sort of thing disgusts me.
#1797 Posted: 01:47:32 09/06/2015
^Oh my bad XP

Alright. How's 40k sound for both?
---
icon from Empoh
#1798 Posted: 01:50:47 09/06/2015
^Oh my bad XP

Sounds good to me smilie
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
#1799 Posted: 01:59:10 09/06/2015

Sounds good to me :D

Alright sent
---
icon from Empoh
First | Previous | Page 36 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me