Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50
Flight Rising 13 [CLOSED]
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#1401 Posted: 20:59:05 13/04/2015
Ah thank you Seiki

More questions. 1) Where are you getting those elemental banners? 2) Is the image of the familiar item in Regulus's bio (below) working?
[User Posted Image]
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
#1402 Posted: 21:40:26 13/04/2015
[url]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/elemental_banners/plague_banner.png[/url]

If you replace "plague" in the url with another element, you'll get that element's banner.

The image works fine, yes, for me at least.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:40:53 13/04/2015 by Darkrai Doll
#1403 Posted: 21:46:44 13/04/2015
Ah right, thanks! I'm going to do bios for the first few dragons at least. (I'm excited to do Regulus if only to include the familiar nose thing)
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1404 Posted: 21:55:04 13/04/2015
Quote: Darkrai Doll
The familiar images aren't working on our end, Seiki. You have to copy the image location and use that, I think, since item codes don't work in biographies for some reason.

It's why I don't feel like using item icons in my bios since it's so much more work than using the codes.

Interesting.... Didn't expect that since they work on my end. Will get to that later. Oh, and I decided another image between the banners and under the familiar would be the image of where that dragon calls home. It may not be where they currently reside or even where they originate, but it is a place in which they are familiar and call their home.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:00:47 13/04/2015 by Seiki
#1405 Posted: 22:43:51 13/04/2015
Anybody want to trade 4g with me in exchange for a fantastic 2200t? I am stupendously poor in the matter of gems and I really don't want to bother anybody in the forums for such a tiny amount.

EDIT: Oh never mind, some kind soul decided to list the cap I was wanting in treasure value, for about 8k below their actual worth. Yay!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:52 13/04/2015 by Darkrai Doll
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#1406 Posted: 22:51:22 13/04/2015
Quote: Cynderfyre
How the heck are you guys doing this

My bios look so boring now :<

Also, how are you choosing the images at the side? What relevance do they have?

For Wol'dirr, for example, mountains represent the region where he comes from and his country. The smoke in the bottle represents his ability to breathe out a poisonous gas/smoke. The ore image is the type of fantasy ore I made up that he uses to create the special armour for his army, and the gauntlet, well, represents that armour.

For Naoki, Atera is his mate, the shoulder apparel is something that he actually has and it's part of his assassin outfit (but I didnt put it on him on FR because it doesnt look so nice). Fuzz because he is fuzzy, and a plush represents the dragon plushie he's still kept.
#1407 Posted: 23:00:28 13/04/2015
Does anyone have any ideas for an item or image from FR that could symbolize the Shade?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1408 Posted: 23:03:25 13/04/2015
Ghostly Aura or battle item Shroud comes to mind.
#1409 Posted: 23:04:10 13/04/2015
Hooray I have successfully done six badly-written but very pretty bios (I'm going to ignore Iskalde for now because she's just weird)

EDIT: Shroud is a pretty good one I guess. Also how are you guys getting headshots of your other dragons?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:01 13/04/2015 by Cynderfyre
#1410 Posted: 23:08:47 13/04/2015
Quote: Seiki
Does anyone have any ideas for an item or image from FR that could symbolize the Shade?

The answer is clearly Buttrocks.

I can't remember if there was a recolor of the Ancestral Incense or not. If there was a darker version, it'd definitely look like the Shade.

Hooray I have successfully done six badly-written but very pretty bios (I'm going to ignore Iskalde for now because she's just weird)

But I like reading your bios! Especially that bit in Ferrero's that mentions a "pretty but slightly eccentric Wildclaw lady".
#1411 Posted: 23:11:04 13/04/2015

EDIT: Shroud is a pretty good one I guess. Also how are you guys getting headshots of your other dragons?

I go to ''Change avatar'', then save the image of a dragon I want and download a template some guys have made. I put it all in photoshop and voila.
#1412 Posted: 23:11:24 13/04/2015

I can't remember if there was a recolor of the Ancestral Incense or not. If there was a darker version, it'd definitely look like the Shade.

But I like reading your bios! Especially that bit in Ferrero's that mentions a "pretty but slightly eccentric Wildclaw lady".

I've actually chopped that bit out of Ferrero's bio so that I can put it in Eve's bio instead. Which I am writing currently. Not browsing the AH for dragons that I can't afford. Writing. Yes.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1413 Posted: 23:19:26 13/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

Also my herbalist has grown up, but I don't know what to name her, or what other apparel to give her. I kinda wanted some plant or flower name but can't think of anything..
#1414 Posted: 23:20:34 13/04/2015

lol. Agreed on the recolor of Ancestral Incense. If there was, I can't find it.

If Ghostly Aura was purple or black... maybe. Shroud isn't bad, though I'd prefer a Material or Trinket is possible. Could go with it as a Plan B if I find nothing better.

Saw Haunted Stone Orb and kinda thought that could work.... I did look through the item database and saw Depleted Sacridite & Black Slime.

EDIT: For the herbalist, Yasai is the japanese word for Vegetable IIRC.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:24 13/04/2015 by Seiki
#1415 Posted: 23:24:13 13/04/2015
wtf, never saw that black slime

and meh, I'm not too fond of Japanese names, sorry lol.

Quote:
Ferrero thought he was in for a normal life when he moved in with Polaris and Auride. It was better than staying with his old clan, who were leaving their home ground in the Shifting Expanse for the Scarred Wasteland. (What in Sornieth could they see in there beyond the bubbling pit of disease in the middle? It was not his cup of tea at all.)

Also, clever CF. Clever..
#1416 Posted: 23:39:53 13/04/2015
Quote: Spyro-Fan
[User Posted Image]

Also my herbalist has grown up, but I don't know what to name her, or what other apparel to give her. I kinda wanted some plant or flower name but can't think of anything..

That's a very nice Ridgeback. Try looking up "herb" on Wikipedia and use the scientific names of different types of herb plant. This is a heck of a lot but there might be inspiration in here.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1417 Posted: 23:42:57 13/04/2015
I like the name Yasai, although it does mean that the dragon would be... named Vegetable in another language... which is really weird.
Anyways, if you're stuck on names, I'd head to this site. It has an amazing selection of names.

Here's a quick recolor of the Ancestral Incense, not sure if it's a good symbol of the Shade.

[User Posted Image]

Also, what is that little icon in the corner of the Black Slime? Is it what I think it is!?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:30 13/04/2015 by Darkrai Doll
#1418 Posted: 23:44:33 13/04/2015
Help I broke my own heart slightly
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1419 Posted: 23:48:15 13/04/2015

i cri ever tim :'(

It's too bad her brother never got such a sweet reunion with his parent(s).
Oh, and Misu. We don't talk about Misu.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:48:42 13/04/2015 by Darkrai Doll
#1420 Posted: 23:49:47 13/04/2015

like dis if u cry evertim

Poor poor Misu

What happened to Fantasy then? Other than getting gened up with Eye Spots
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1421 Posted: 23:54:53 13/04/2015
It's a cute little story.

[User Posted Image]

BUT NEVER FORGET
#1422 Posted: 23:55:38 13/04/2015
I like the name Yasai, although it does mean that the dragon would be... named Vegetable in another language... which is really weird.
Anyways, if you're stuck on names, I'd head to this site. It has an amazing selection of names.

Here's a quick recolor of the Ancestral Incense, not sure if it's a good symbol of the Shade.

[User Posted Image]

Also, what is that little icon in the corner of the Black Slime? Is it what I think it is!?

It very much is what you think it is. Don't know where they got them, but there are a number of items in the database related Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, all of which have that cauldron symbol. http://items.kanojo.de/index.php?page=3 If that link doesn't work right, use the search panel to search for any items in the Other subcategory of the Other tab.

And thank you the "Dark" Incense should work perfectly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:24 13/04/2015 by Seiki
#1423 Posted: 00:00:26 14/04/2015

like dis if u cry evertim

Poor poor Misu

What happened to Fantasy then? Other than getting gened up with Eye Spots

His mother died when he super young, but then he got rescued (well, kidnapped, but for good reason! He was being raised by evul assassins). After the clan was founded, his mother... um... came back from the dead. Yeah. It's a long story.

Since they don't even know each other (because she was dead.), they're basically strangers to each other. I mean, Aeos does love him to a point, being his mother, but she has things to do and people to meet and she doesn't consider it a high priority to reconcile with him.

Fantasy thinks she's short a few marbles, anyways. He's probably right.

*snip*

BUT NEVER FORGET

I CRI EVEN HARDR
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1424 Posted: 00:05:48 14/04/2015
I kinda wanna make fancy bios like you guys, but then I remember my entire lair is just fandom dergs who make no sense as dragons.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#1425 Posted: 00:10:23 14/04/2015
I have Transformers in my clan. Robot transforming dragons.

Can't be anything more ridiculous than that, right?... right?
#1426 Posted: 00:12:12 14/04/2015

I'm trying to make a Soundwave transformer dragon. XP
---
#1427 Posted: 00:12:37 14/04/2015
Uh wow I didn't even notice you put that name generator thing, Darkrai. Thanks~

I must say I suck at making up stories for my dragons. I just write some facts about them and that's it. Otherwise I feel like they're my OC's lol.
#1428 Posted: 00:12:50 14/04/2015

[User Posted Image]

BUT NEVER FORGET

Going to his page feels so... empty.

His father is not proud.

His mother died when he super young, but then he got rescued (well, kidnapped, but for good reason! He was being raised by evul assassins). After the clan was founded, his mother... um... came back from the dead. Yeah. It's a long story.

Since they don't even know each other (because she was dead.), they're basically strangers to each other. I mean, Aeos does love him to a point, being his mother, but she has things to do and people to meet and she doesn't consider it a high priority to reconcile with him.

Fantasy thinks she's short a few marbles, anyways. He's probably right.

Well. Eve was lucky she got the parent she got then. Either that or she's missed out on a lot of fun. (assassins yay)

Uh wow I didn't even notice you put that name generator thing, Darkrai. Thanks~

I must say I suck at making up stories for my dragons. I just write some facts about them and that's it. Otherwise I feel like they're my OC's lol.

I have a loose idea of a personality for every dragon in my head. Writing the bios is helping me to make them into proper characters. Not that I'll ever use them for anything (except maybe an RP) but it's fun, and good writing practice.

I say I have an idea for every dragon but that's a lie, truth be told I don't know who half of them are and why I have them in my lair. I'll think of something.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:01 14/04/2015 by Cynderfyre
#1429 Posted: 00:25:15 14/04/2015
TBH I'm quite fond of Sildayra and Lothlorien, even though they have no bios. But I know Sildayra is a merchant, and Lothlorien is her mate and loyal companion on her travels to trade with other clans. But I can't decide if Lothlorien should be a mercenary, or a blacksmith, or something third. He has that specific RP-chara-look but I have no idea what...

Zhanika will most likely become a mad scientist. Noxia... I have no idea. She looks like a psycho punk warrior. The unnamed girl is getting Ripple and she'll be something like a medic. Nirdes, I wrote she's a priestess, but then she kinda reminds me of a judge. Blindfold over her eyes, so she cannot see the suspect and so she may judge completely objectively.
#1430 Posted: 00:28:15 14/04/2015
For my bios, if a Squirrel Skull replaces the home marker, then it means the dragon is dead.
---
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1431 Posted: 00:29:06 14/04/2015

Nah Giant space robots are easy to make up stuff about. It's the not ridiculous ones that are hard. How do you incorporate a chick who plays video games into fr lore?? Do spirals even have opposable thumbs??

I'll probably just stick fancy/stupid quotes in their bios or something.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#1432 Posted: 00:31:28 14/04/2015
Sad, Seiki. Sad. :(

And welcome home, Darkrai
#1433 Posted: 00:34:59 14/04/2015
I can tell the quality of these bios is going down the longer I go because it's now half one in the morning... I think I'm trembling slightly because I'm so tired (I haven't slept properly all week) but I can't sleeep
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1434 Posted: 00:38:30 14/04/2015

I'm trying to make a Soundwave transformer dragon. XP

I have a Soundwave too, and I breed him with Arcee... I swear I don't ship them, I just think they make pretty babies

TZhanika will most likely become a mad scientist. Noxia... I have no idea. She looks like a psycho punk warrior. The unnamed girl is getting Ripple and she'll be something like a medic. Nirdes, I wrote she's a priestess, but then she kinda reminds me of a judge. Blindfold over her eyes, so she cannot see the suspect and so she may judge completely objectively.

Noxia totally needs to be a psycho punk warrior.

I've a personality for almost every dragon in my clan. That's mostly because about 80% of them are my own characters, just in the FR universe. The only ones I don't have a developed personality for are Charity and Vokun. The former is a healer and the embodiment of charity (obviously), while the latter is supposed to be a 'hide in the shadows, i are the master of darkness' kind of person.

Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Nah Giant space robots are easy to make up stuff about. It's the not ridiculous ones that are hard. How do you incorporate a chick who plays video games into fr lore?? Do spirals even have opposable thumbs??

The Spiral has special bionics that give him fully functional robotic opposable thumbs! Or maybe he has a Golem Gauntlet attached to him that does all the work for him.

The gamer is... um... delusional?

am i in heaven
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:30 14/04/2015 by Darkrai Doll
#1435 Posted: 00:40:00 14/04/2015
Sad, Seiki. Sad. smilie

And welcome home, Darkrai

My lair is not at all sunshine & rainbows. XP I have a Were-dragon, a canabalistic decomposer, an undead artificially created avatar of Light-energy, a dragon who tried to destroy the world and plunge it into eternal night, and a number of dragons that were corrupted by the Shade and were slain for trying to murder other dragons. Also have plans to obtain a necromancer and a blood thirsty assassin.
---
#1436 Posted: 00:43:15 14/04/2015
My lair is so vanilla. You lot have all these really cool characters with dangerous backstories and mine are a blend of scholars and students who just turned up saying "I want to study!" and were let in. You all have cool clans and mine is the nerd clan.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#1437 Posted: 00:52:55 14/04/2015
My lair is so vanilla. You lot have all these really cool characters with dangerous backstories and mine are a blend of scholars and students who just turned up saying "I want to study!" and were let in. You all have cool clans and mine is the nerd clan.

Sometimes the whole "DEMI-GODS! RELIGIOUS ASSASSINS! TWELFTH DEITY! PRINCES AT WAR!" thing gets exhausting, and I really like the relaxing atmosphere of your clan.
I try to incorporate some of that into my clan, too. Like this girl - she's the daughter and apprentice of the court mage, but she has a little shop and friends and everything and there's no bloody wars or all that crap. It's nice.
#1438 Posted: 01:13:47 14/04/2015
The most vanilla ones in my clan are Akatsuki, Mizuho, & Kazuto.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1439 Posted: 02:06:50 14/04/2015
So today I hatched this Pink/Mulberry Daub/Crimson Underbelly girl...
[User Posted Image]
And I think she made her colors work.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#1440 Posted: 02:51:15 14/04/2015
It's one of those color combos that you shudder at when you see it, but doesn't look too bad on the actual dragon.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1441 Posted: 04:34:47 14/04/2015
Eeyup... I'm not sure if I should keep her or not.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#1442 Posted: 04:38:43 14/04/2015
Quote: Trix Master 100
Eeyup... I'm not sure if I should keep her or not.

Don't get rid of her, she's pretty! smilie
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
#1443 Posted: 09:19:19 14/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

kill me
#1444 Posted: 17:01:03 14/04/2015
.... That signature.... It really just makes him look like an ass.

People have their reasons for not wanting them, sometimes people post these reasons. While some may be religious, I'm sure there are other reasons than just that and it doesn't amount to just that.
---
#1445 Posted: 17:59:09 14/04/2015
I believe it was rejected many times because the game would loose its difficulty. But anyway, yeah. How the hell did he gather from all of it that admins are transphobic..

Eh, found that guy lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:22 14/04/2015 by Spyro-Fan
#1446 Posted: 19:10:04 14/04/2015
I believe it was rejected many times because the game would loose its difficulty. But anyway, yeah. How the hell did he gather from all of it that admins are transphobic..

Eh, found that guy lol

From what you guys say, it sounds like he'll fit in nicely among the FR userbase... >.<
---
#1447 Posted: 20:02:38 14/04/2015
From what you guys say, it sounds like he'll fit in nicely among the FR userbase... >.<

Hey, some FR people are pretty awesome people! Case in point: me
#1448 Posted: 20:21:16 14/04/2015

Hey, some FR people are pretty awesome people! Case in point: me

Well, I was meaning besides us. The dS crowd is the awesome part of the userbase. I was more referring to all the weird people I see you guys complain about that sound like they're from the horrible part of tumblr.
---
#1449 Posted: 21:23:59 14/04/2015
Oh yeah, that part. Well, there are still cool people on FR to even out the bad ones... when you get past the passive aggressiveness and unhealthy emotional attachments to pixel dragons.

Every time I resolve to buy an expensive gene, I go home with an accent instead. Why? Why does this happen to me?

[User Posted Image]
#1450 Posted: 21:31:38 14/04/2015
I honestly really don't mind people defending the LGBT+whatever community, or those people with ''triggers'', but FR takes it too far. They're trying to create a sanctuary and hold those sensitive folks in their hands like water droplets. You can't limit absolutely everything and everyone because that one person thinks it's offensive. Or you can't post a colourful .gif because that one user might get an epilepsy attack. The world is a cruel place, it's not tolerant. **** will happen and you can't adapt the world to individuals. If you find something offensive, or disturbing, scroll on. I know there are cases where people are ignorant to the extreme and can't see past their nose, or even seem dangerous to the society because of their opinion. But if you're going to moan about organized pixels because they offend your inner greysexual spirit animal, you're going to have a bad time in life.
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me