Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Transfering data to new phone? [CLOSED]
TheBuccaneer Green Sparx Gems: 267
#1 Posted: 18:18:21 26/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Is there any way to transfer Lost Islands data to a new phone? The FAQs say you can do it with Activate accounts, but since you can't create those accounts anymore, is there any alternative?
Thanks!
Nenne Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#2 Posted: 19:17:56 26/12/2014
I created an account not long ago, shouldn't be any problems.
---
activision username: Nenne00
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#3 Posted: 03:02:00 27/12/2014
Create an Activate account online, then link it to the game. Worked for me about two days ago (still waiting to transfer to the new device, but I have no worries since it is linked/saved now).
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#4 Posted: 03:58:28 28/12/2014
Yes, you can do it with an Activate account. On your old phone, log in to Activate in Lost Islands through the settings menu, and your data should save to the cloud. When you install Lost Islands on your new phone, log in to Activate on there, and your game will transfer over.
---
Purple dragon.
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#5 Posted: 15:03:09 28/12/2014
Unless you are on different versions (like an iPad 1 that won't update to current IOS).
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 16:30:33 28/12/2014
Yeah, did it last week from my son's iPod (old iPhone) to his Google tablet. Go to Activision's site and create a support account (Activate doesn't exist anymore unless you already had one). Log in using that account to the old device and it will ask if you want to transfer that data to your account, which you do - let it transfer and save. Then load the game on your new device and log into your account there, it will bring your kingdom in exactly how it was.
TheBuccaneer Green Sparx Gems: 267
#7 Posted: 18:25:06 30/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the replies!

One more problem, when the phone is connected to wifi and Lost Islands is launched, it says something along the lines of "Lost Islands was created on a newer version and needs to update." (Can't remember exactly). The weird thing is, the app launches when wifi is off with all the latest updates.

After that, it goes to the Google play store, but since it's already updated, there is no option to update it. Because of this, we can't click to kudos button to log in.
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#8 Posted: 06:59:44 31/12/2014
Step 1: Launch the game normally, when you see your Google Play login appear at the top of the screen quickly switch to airplane mode and let the game boot in offline.
Step 2: Once the game has loaded, turn airplane mode off
Step 3: Quickly open the options and keep tapping the "Save to Cloud" option over and over as your device reconnects internet. You need to overwrite the cloud save before it has a chance to check

This may not work the first time, as you need to get a bit lucky with your cloud save timing. So if you get the message again just exit and keep trying the steps above.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me