Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Should I start playing again? [CLOSED]
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1 Posted: 00:08:30 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I had this game before and it was ok, i got kinda bored though so I deleted it. Had no idea that there was a community for it until i came back to DS and looked in this section. Should I start playing again?
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 02:37:19 21/12/2014
If you like FarmVille clones, don't see why not. Unlike most pay to win city raising games, this one rewards frequency more than patience, so if you have a lot of time in your hands to kill it's much more worth it to check things ever 2 hours than resist spending gems to skip 12.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 04:20:45 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I might consider it, not too sure though. Might try it tommorow.
---

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#4 Posted: 10:22:00 21/12/2014
Read a good book instead. This game like all other games of its kind, yields very little happiness or variety and is just a something to waste time for no good reason game.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 10:29:25 21/12/2014
Mr 7 habits

You could use that same speech for any kind of computer or console game .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#6 Posted: 10:50:00 21/12/2014
My kids got bored with it a long time ago but I haven't deleted it because I used a bunch of real money on it. Buying gems was a clutter free reward I used to give for chores and such. Now that I am overflowing with gems, they don't care anymore.

I have liked the sanctum quests. Maybe they'll redo them next year for new players. Would you have to start from scratch or do you have the account saved somewhere? I don't think I'd like it if I started from level 1.
#7 Posted: 14:51:41 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Ehh, I don't think I'm gonna get it. I will probably get bored of it like your kids did. Plus i don't have any money and i don't want to check on a game every 2 hours.
---

StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#8 Posted: 15:21:38 21/12/2014
You don't need to. I mostly play it because you don't have to wait very long to have something to do on it. Plus, as an added bonus, it doesn't require internet connection!
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#9 Posted: 17:11:21 21/12/2014
You don't *have* to check every 2 hours, just said that the game rewards that more than having the game sit for long periods of time to make you want to buy gems. And the game doesn't force you to waste much on gems outside the tutorial, actually it's kind of fun to do it the free to play way and try to build a small stash of it with no real money to get things like Skylander Houses.
---
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#10 Posted: 12:21:50 22/12/2014
If you already tried playing this game, got bored, and deleted it, then I think you already have your answer.

Yes, many different bells and whistles have been added over time, but the fundamental concept of the game is the same as it always was. If that bored you before, I would expect it to bore you again.

However, if you enjoyed it for the period of time you played it, there have been enough changes/additions that you would probably enjoy it again for a similar period of time.

Everyone's gaming habits are different - only you really know what you will and won't enjoy.
#11 Posted: 14:27:00 22/12/2014
But compared to the rest of its kind, it's still a great option. I remember playing DragonCity for less than an hour and get 3 hour waits as soon as I started having fun. In here it already takes a while in the early game to get to 30 minute anything unless you want to upgrade quickly,and since this game can be easily paused(unlike other resource heavy stuff that simply shut down if you let it run for too long alone) it's nice to grab a snack and watch something while you wait for the 3 and 10 min times to go by.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:20 22/12/2014 by Bifrost
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me