Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
"Different versions" question [CLOSED]
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#1 Posted: 19:04:05 20/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Background: So my son was playing Lost Islands on his iPad 1. He could not get the Trap Team update (and later updates) as you need iOS 7 or 8 which is not supported on that old an iPad. I had been meaning to create an Activision account to link his game but had not gotten around to it. And today it happened. He logged in and his game seems to be wiped, starting him with Spyro and level 1. He was devastated... He has lost all his islands and originally though everything, but the character codes we got from friends seem to still be linked as he can "Claim" them. I got my wife an iPad Air for Christmas to replace her iPad 3, so he will get her old one soon. I have created an Activision account for him now and hoping to link to his current game (even though it is almost starting from scratch, at least hoping to "save" the characters as I won't have the codes).

So the question is, I have read on here about people getting errors when trying to load a game from a different app version. There is no way for me to gets his game to the current version since it is on the iPad 1. If I link it now and try to load it on the iPad 3 with the current version, will it work? Or do I need to start breaking it to him that he is going to lose all his characters? Anyone know? It makes sense that you cannot go from a newer version to an older one, but I would think older to newer should be fine.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#2 Posted: 02:35:02 21/12/2014
Had same message had to start over again
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#3 Posted: 03:28:51 22/12/2014
I'd contact support.
My old iPad did same to me, and I contacted them and they helped me get my stuff back
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me