Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > I think that's it for me. A Skylanders related story.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I think that's it for me. A Skylanders related story. [CLOSED]
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#51 Posted: 19:44:42 19/12/2014
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
Quote: ninja9351
If you don't mind me asking you Gamemaster, where exactly did you get you money from to be able to get is many Skylanders?

It's called hard work and your generation would do well in trying it sometime.

The vast majority of your generation thinks the world owes them and are entitled to everything right now.

I was never entitled to my 4 new Camaro's, my new Stingray, or everything else I have.

I've worked hard all my life, never asked anyone for anything, wanted nothing from my parents but their time, and earned everything I have.

I hope you're a hard worker and not like the rest of your "pants on the ground" generation.

[rant]
I am proud to say that I'm not. I go to a special school for collage preparation, it is the best in the state. I don't feel owed anything other than to be treated like an adult, because I don't compare myself to the rest of my generation. I'm not trying to offend anyone who may be of my generation but I can't stand my own generation so much that I would much prefer to have a conversation with adults rather than other people my age. I'm considered wierd and uncool but that's just my generation's slang for mature. I know this post emanates elitism but this is probably the nicest way I can say that I hate my generation.
[/rant]
But seriusly Gamemaster where did you get your money from?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 22:23:45 19/12/2014
Drugs.

Seriously++: When did it become okay to question folks about their personal finances? It's not like he's here asking for handouts or anything of the sort. Crazy to buy 4 of each figure? Sure. But it's his cash to spend.
#53 Posted: 22:30:55 19/12/2014
I said in the first post if you don't mind me asking. He doesn't have to, I'm not forcing him too, I was just wondering. I mean asking what his job is/was is to attach different from asking how much money he makes. I ask people all the time what they/their family does for a living. It's really iteresting.
Ie. I know someone who's dad no kidding hangs doors for a living.
I've never heard of it being socially unacceptable to ask what a person does for a living.
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#54 Posted: 22:44:15 19/12/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Drugs.

Seriously++: When did it become okay to question folks about their personal finances? It's not like he's here asking for handouts or anything of the sort. Crazy to buy 4 of each figure? Sure. But it's his cash to spend.

When you air your laundry in public, it becomes fair for people to view it.

The short answer is that he (at least when I used to frequent this board, before my hiatus) lives in a house his parents own and is helped a lot by his parents. I am not sure if it is still true but he used to work at his father's car yard. Source: Prior threads on this forum which I would cite if the search engine facilitated searching that far back.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#55 Posted: 03:47:26 20/12/2014
I said in the first post if you don't mind me asking. He doesn't have to, I'm not forcing him too, I was just wondering. I mean asking what his job is/was is to attach different from asking how much money he makes. I ask people all the time what they/their family does for a living. It's really iteresting.
I've never heard of it being socially unacceptable to ask what a person does for a living.

Keep asking, communicating with others and getting ideas about peoples work and pay is one of the best ways to figure out what you want to do for a living. If you are a person that seems genuinely interested in other people's livelihoods it may open up a lot of opportunities you didn't know were out there. It's part of networking and the Internet is as good a place to do it as any. I've been on other forums where the right people were listening or liked what a forum member posted and they ended up getting jobs from that.
On another note the thing that bothers me the most about younger people in general (happening to quite a few older generations too) is that it seems like the more communication technology moves forward (social networking, cell phones, Internet, e-mail...) the less people are actually having meaningful communication. I live in a large college town, and I see examples all the time 4 college kids sitting at a table waiting for their food with all of them playing games or texting. I swear one time they were even texting each other instead of talking. I don't consider texting meaningful communication, it's easily misinterpreted.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:02:25 20/12/2014 by 7Habits
#56 Posted: 03:56:43 20/12/2014
Quote: 7Habits

Keep asking, communicating with others and getting ideas about peoples work and pay is one of the best ways to figure out what you want to do for a living. If you are a person that seems genuinely interested in other people's livelihoods it may open up a lot of opportunities you didn't know were out there. It's part of networking and the Internet is as good a place to do it as any. I've been on other forums where the right people were listening or liked what a forum member posted and they ended up getting jobs from that.

Thank you, I totally agree.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me