Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > I think that's it for me. A Skylanders related story.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I think that's it for me. A Skylanders related story. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 03:24:32 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, until I realized lately, that this brand tailors to scalpers, and those who make Skylanders don't even recognize the fault in not giving hard street dates for their products, like Infinity does, it has killed my buzz for Skylanders.

Now, don't get me wrong. How Skylanders are released isn't the only problem that's making me lose my superfan-ness of Skylanders, but the way the releases don't allow for preordering, which allows pathetic scalpers to cash in on people who are fans downright disgusts me. Infinity certainly has a 1-up on the Skylanders brand, because you know when they will be in stores. They're always register locked. They're always easy to find on day 1 of their release, and we know for a fact what day that is.

However, this stems from a life changing event that happened to me over the summer.

I am going to be blunt here, but basically it boils down to this. I have been single since August of 2012. I spent the past years hanging with my son and his friends. I would do nice things for his friends since I had more money than I knew what to do with. Well, this past summer, one of his friends - a girl who was 15 at the time - liked me. I didn't give the girl her way and she created lies that got me in serious trouble. I spent the month of July in a county jail over lies.

My lawyer fees was 30,000 just to prove this girl is lying (she's already been caught in numerous lies by my lawyer and I). It costed me my 15 dollar an hour job, and I drive a 2014 Camaro which I have to pay for.

After I got out at the end up July, things started changing. I started realizing things shouldn't have been the way they were. I was buying 4 of every Skylander. For what? I only played with one path. I bought 256 Swaplanders. For what? Just to feel cool? HA! Having the Skylanders collection to beat all others won't win me anything in life. What's important is life itself, and those who are in your life. Not materials.

The way Trap Team has less gameplay than Swap Force further proved why I might need to go with 1 of every figure and just leave it at that. The way Skylanders keeps people from 100% on day 1 killed my buzz. The way you can only use Trap Masters to open gates, rendering all of your old landers basically useless killed my buzz.

So, having started looking at life in a new light, I may dial down my Skylanders craze. I blame my situation for one, but I also blame the fact that it's so hard to find these things after awhile, while having to battle scalpers upon their release.

They didn't even name their traps, making it downright stupid to call and give descriptions for traps, when they could have given them their names like in the game itself.

I don't know. All I know is I hate the way Skylanders are released, and it's made me get rid of 2 of my 4 complete sets, and I even got rid of all 256 Swaplander combinations. Had they kept my interest by making this stuff easier to find, or make it so I can see everything on day 1, perhaps I would have kept the stuff. But, NOPE! They insist on doing things their way and it's not only turning me off to this brand, but others as well, who are frustrated by the way these things are released.

Having said that, the only things I got left, that are truly unique that not many - if any - have is my Strata Skylanders book. I know that thing could probably pull a pretty penny for the sole fact the entire team signed it. It wasn't made out to me, so anyone who gets it will have the only copy signed by the entire team. I am thinking of listing it for a grand or so. Outside of that, I guess I am going to sell all of my sealed toys, because why keep them, when I can't even get the new stuff so easily anymore due to a pathetic girls temper tantrum (lies) that resulted in my life being nearly destroyed (still has to go to trial). That, and I still have to battle scalpers, which is not fun. Wonder why they don't go after Infinity? Because Infinity releases enough of each figure to meet demand. They have set dates and can be reserved.

Not to say I care about Infinity, I sold all of those as well. I will never buy another Infinity game again. As of now, I am a 1 of every Skylander type of fan. Part of it is due to my waking up to the idea I was basically a Skylanders hoarder and there's more to life than Skylanders. What helped me realize this is the long wait between waves destroying my interest.

I will go for one of each from this day on. My sealed sets will soon hit Ebay, and so will my Strata Art Book for a grand BIN, in hopes to recoup some of my costs and help me during this dark time in my life.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to my fellow Skylander fans who kept an eye on my collection. If anyone here believes in God, please keep me in your prayers. My name is David. I am facing the lies of a 16 (was 15) year old, who decided to create these lies for whatever reason. She doesn't care that I have kids. I need a jury of 12 people to see I am not what they're saying I am, while seeing that she has lied on numerous accounts (like I said we have evidence but it didn't stop the damage from happening).

I will still post here as usual, but I am now a 1 of every Skylander person.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#2 Posted: 03:48:57 18/12/2014
Well im sorry for what that KID did to you bro...my prayers are with you...hoping all go's well.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Milla4Prez66 Green Sparx Gems: 101
#3 Posted: 04:01:36 18/12/2014
Sorry for your troubles and hope things look up for you.

I agree with the issue of not having hard release dates for Skylanders. It is pretty frustrating and it gets me nervous about what figures could become hard to find if I can't get it on release day. Disney Infinity does have the upper hand of not just hard release dates, but they always have tons of stock. Not a single DI 2.0 has become rare or hard to find, you should be able to find all of them at about any store. But at the same time, it loses a bit of fun knowing that the stuff is easy to find. I love getting my hands on a rare Skylander. So it is frustrating not knowing when the new stuff will be out, but at least there is a chance to find it in the stores, the amiibos are getting out of hand with stock being gone before they can even put them on shelves.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#4 Posted: 04:02:00 18/12/2014
Prayers... for you David, and your son....Keep your head up!
#5 Posted: 04:31:24 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, guys. I'm still a fan of Skylanders like everyone else, it's just not as crazy as it was.

Again, part of it was because of the situation I'm facing, the other is because of the way the Skylanders crew handle the release of figures. They never make enough to meet demand from the onset, and it just adds frustration to an already frustrating life.

If I get out of the situation I am facing, I can see the situation making me a better person when it comes to spending habits and how I should live life. I am partly thinking maybe I was supposed to go through this in order to break some of my former bad habits, like buying 4 of each lander, or throwing away money for whatever silly reason. While I believe in God, this situation has brought me closer to God as well. Maybe that's why (I say this as a believer and I understand some don't believe and that's their right) this all happened. Who knows.

However, I would have probably stayed with 2 of each at least, if it was easy to get a hold of this stuff. I don't have all of the gas in the world to go out on a whim and hope stores have stuff. They didn't make finding traps easy, because they're only called "Undead Trap," etc...

Again, it's just frustrating and I guess those who release Skylander figures don't understand that life is already frustrating, so why make it more frustrating when we're just trying to get some landers and drop life's frustrating moments at the front door?

One of everything is still cool, because it's a big collection, and clearing out that room will allow me to give my son his own room. I kept feeling bad, and selfish, for not giving my son his own room, but had to share a room with my two daughters.

So, for those who believe, keep up so prayers for me. I can't go to prison over a girl's lies. Not only does that destroy my life, but the life of my children, too.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 04:38:36 18/12/2014
I know this will sound insensitive, but I don't understand why you bought 4 of everything everyway. I would go with 3 at most, but I don't think anyone needs a sealed set and two sets opened (except for the swappers I guess). And selling off so many rare games for this hobby. I'd never consider doing that for one series. Ultimately, the things for the series will be limited to the series, and the series will eventually die off (as it is, I can't see Skylanders lasting until next decade, if it doesn't juuust last until then and peter out).

Man, you've had a lot of bad luck with your collection, with that time it was almost robbed too. It's horrible you had to go to jail over lies. Someone in my family is going through something similar, with someone who's making ongoing problems for them. It's scary. Hope the reprecussions don't persist.

P.S. Check your PMs.
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#7 Posted: 04:46:36 18/12/2014
You're in our prayers my friend.

I teach Hunter Education here in Iowa and all of the instructors here are SUPER VIGILANT on time we spend with the kids we teach.

No instructor is alone with a student... EVER.

It only takes one kid to get mad at you if they fail or mad at life in general and then your life is ruined cuz they feel they're "entitled".

I'd invest in a good security surveillance system so whenever your kids have friends over... you're protected.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
#8 Posted: 05:01:59 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I know, right, Intimidator?

I feel this girl did this because I somehow made her mad for whatever reason. All I know, is that I found out she was presented with some "opportunity" to create these lies and she said she "took it." I don't know if the DA made her lie (I live in a very corrupt state apparently 11th in the nation).

Thing is, she's playing with a human's life, and it not only affects me, but whoever is tied to my life, like my kids.

And, Arc of Archives, I agree. I don't know why I did either. I was slowly getting smart over the idea, but the way these figures are released and how long we have to wait, just made me only care to get 1 of everything from now on. Also, I replied to your PM. Should you reply again, and I don't answer, I will tomorrow. Just don't want ya thinking I was ignoring ya.

Thanks again, guys, for all the well wishes.
---
#9 Posted: 08:46:52 18/12/2014
After all the hoopla, hassle, and BS of the first 3 games and buying doubles and triples of everything rare or chase, I decided when Trap Team waa released, I'm buying one of everything and that's it.

So I'm with you in there too GM78.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#10 Posted: 09:24:34 18/12/2014
I'm not trying to be insensitive...and I hope your problems get worked out...I've been a frequent reader of this forum since skylanders came out, but I don't read everything. I've always thought you were some rich dude that liked skylanders. I know how much of a set back buying one or two of everything is and has been, and I stay away from the chase variants and ebay buying...I don't know what your situation is, but knowing what little I know from this post, $15 an hour seems like it isn't enough to keep you on top of things while supporting 3 kids needs, a new car payment, a lawyer, all the other expenses related to housing and life and this Skylander habit and as you said, you aren't even making the $15 an hour anymore. During this dark time of yours, I would take a break from the compulsive buying and focus on what should really be important to you (as you said you have started to do). I would definitely clean out that room for your son, I would focus on bettering yourself in some way that you and your children can take pride in, if you ever have "too much money", and don't know what to do with it again, try saving it and investing in your children's future...I'm sorry to be so blunt, but it sounds like your priorities and focus need to be even less on skylanders and other toys than what you alluded to. I'm sorry if I come off as slightly judgmental, but as someone who buys things and spends money to make himself feel better and who just had a young family member die suddenly, it has made me realize how full the house is of (stuff) emptiness and how much more time I wish I had spent on relationships and working on myself and the future rather than living in the moment. I started buying these games for my son and it brought enjoyment to him and I. He still likes to go buy new stuff with me, but the truth is he grew disinterested in the game sometime during Giants (smarter than me). He has played each game moderately since then, where I have been an avid player and buyer, even though I don't really enjoy it as much. I hope I haven't offended you in anyway, that wasn't my intention and I hope life treats you kinder in the future.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#11 Posted: 11:39:12 18/12/2014
Man, it's fine, even if people will feel like the novelty of the super fan is gone it's their problem if they'll get upset over the fact you're not spending so much in the game anymore.
Some people here can't even get more than a handful of toys,and it's other people's problem if they aren't a 'true fan' to them. I have no more than 20 and that's because I sacrificed buying any other game this year - I don't and I shouldn't care when people tell me to move the US every time I complain about how overpriced they get to import them to my country,I'm not destroying my current life to pursue more toys anyway.Some people here have enough left over money to make the collecting a big hobby,and that's also fine.
But in your case, it feels really like every bad thing that went over kind of fell on Skylanders. No problem if you really couldn't forgive TT's faults or the franchise's faults because of that, but that can't happen to every single hobby - just keep in mind that sometimes you have to keep at least one distraction from the giant mess that life can get. Buying one of everything,buying NONE of the toys(which I'll have to do if I want to move on to the next console generation in 2015 without selling my x360), as long as you stay in the fandom for the things you like and still enjoy the craze of hunting or simply watching how the game unfolds, it's someone else's problem if you stop being that one fan who has a ton of toys. It's your hobby and you decide what to do with it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:39:49 18/12/2014 by Bifrost
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#12 Posted: 12:10:09 18/12/2014
Don't worry Gamemaster, you'll be in my prayers! It's been cool seeing your collection grow, but if it's ruining your life like this, you should give up the whole hunt for completionism.

It's sad, knowing you went through this. Just remember, we have your back!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 12:50:02 18/12/2014
gamemaster, you will be in my prayers too. just buy the skylanders you need, there is no need to buy 4 of everything.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#14 Posted: 13:04:52 18/12/2014
Good luck, Gamemaster.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#15 Posted: 13:34:38 18/12/2014
I wish I had more time to write, but I did want to contribute to this! GameMaster78, a lot of what you said has been going through my mind lately about this hobby. I could get into lengthy stories about how a female in my life told lies and it made things very hard for a long time. However, my main thoughts are about how Infinity is superior to Skylanders...in a release sense.

Since the release of half the latest Amiibo wave last Friday, things have been insane in that world! I was very pleased with the first wave, but now Nintendo has sunk into a Skylander business model. They aren't saying when things are released, a lot of places are claiming Nintendo won't let them do pre-orders. Worst part is, the supply is not even remotely close to demand. Scalpers are having a field day with Amiibo, and I can only imagine what will happen Sunday with the Light/Dark expansion packs.

I think Skylanders (whomever is in charge of it) need to rethink things, they need to have definitive release dates/enough supply/pre-orders on everything. We finished Trap Team ages ago, between the lack of content and the ridiculous hunt we are planning to just grab the Magic trapper and expansions and be done.

PS I always thought your collection was amazing, but having dozens of sealed figures around a room also often makes me wonder "Why?"
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#16 Posted: 14:31:53 18/12/2014
I must admit that I don't fully grok the "no pre-order" aspect? I pre-order most of my items (EB Games) and even at stores that don't officially have a pre-order system, I know some staff well enough for them to hold things for me.

At the beginning of the week, my local Target rang me to tell me that their shipment of Nitro Krypt King came in and they were holding one for me. It did not matter as I had found one already, but it was no skin of their nose as the held one then simply went on the shelf with the others.

I would have naively expected that after all of these years of "pressing the flesh" (so to speak) at stores, GM78 would have known someone well enough but now to get them to hold some stock?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#17 Posted: 14:36:30 18/12/2014
I aree with 7Habits. By the wa, I hope you can still have a happy Christmas.
#18 Posted: 15:15:17 18/12/2014
Even when you have inside connections, they don't always work when a shipment comes in. Sometimes another employee puts things out while your source is on break or lunch. Ultimately, can't expect a source to be 100%. I just spoke to a guy who holds things at Walmart (as the trappers are in the flyer starting today in Canada), I'll still do my due diligence at other stores just in case! I'm sure GM78 has many sources, but sometimes employees at these minimum wage jobs move on too!
---
#19 Posted: 16:02:06 18/12/2014
I suppose I mitigate that by being friendly with the manager/s of the appropriate sections. That said, I am not aware of any Activision policy of not being able to pre-order?

For example, I know triple packs will be available next Mon and the Light/Dark expansions on Boxing Day. Even if I don't know a specific day, I usually see in the junk mail that new things are forthcoming the following week, so much for muchness...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#20 Posted: 16:30:54 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks again everyone.

Chaos, ever since being a Skylander fan, I have wished I lived in Australia, for the simple fact scalping doesn't seem as apparent in that country as it is in the US.

I live in a state where scalpers always say "free market territory" when justifying their scalping ways. I live in a state where old men spend their days running around looking for the hottest toys for the sole purpose if scalping.

Amazon.com sells out of Skylanders faster than Amazon.de. That should say something.

You're lucky to live in Australia for the most part. I know it may take longer to get some landers, but when they come in it doesn't seem like a mad dash to get them.
---
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#21 Posted: 16:40:05 18/12/2014
Thanks for sharing, GM. Sorry to hear about the troubles you had but glad they're hopefully behind you.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#22 Posted: 17:36:58 18/12/2014
I will never understand people's need to divulge personal matters on the internet.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#23 Posted: 18:05:19 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dahvoo
Thanks for sharing, GM. Sorry to hear about the troubles you had but glad they're hopefully behind you.

Not behind me yet. I keep asking everyone I know who believes in God to pray for me. The more the merrier. I still have to face a jury who will either believe the lies this girl is saying (even though I have quite a bit of evidence to show her inconsistency) or they will see she is lying and then I will be out of this. Honestly, I'm hoping the charges get dropped period. That'd be a real act of God... in my opinion.

Quote: czs716
I will never understand people's need to divulge personal matters on the internet.

I trust people here.

I wanted to tell my situation to people here, while at the same asking for prayers. Life's been frustrating due to the situation I am in. The Skylanders brand has just been adding to the frustration when it comes to getting these figures. If enough figures would be shipped out, and they wouldn't do stupid stuff like "oh, this store gets it first," then perhaps it wouldn't be frustrating. However, in my current state of affairs, I can't walk into a TRU, so I am blind with no help. My Targets aren't being any help, and I can't go out on a whim, so if it's going to be that much of a hassle, why support the brand as well as I have been in the past?
---
#24 Posted: 18:05:57 18/12/2014
I think you overestimate our conveniences when it comes to collecting figures. Maybe I just live in a really bad area, but there are a lot of Skylanders I've only seen on the shelf once. Thank goodness I've been shopping for years at my EB and they hold all the Skylanders I want. smilie It's a really good store. Five minutes from my home and all the staff there are good. I still miss one of the staff members who left... It's still good, but the store isn't the same without them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:46 18/12/2014 by Arc of Archives
#25 Posted: 18:09:16 18/12/2014

Just like not everyone can accept differing opinions. It's about Skylanders, it's on topic. Let him talk if it's appropriate and he's being so nice and open about it.
---
#26 Posted: 18:27:14 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
I think you overestimate our conveniences when it comes to collecting figures. Maybe I just live in a really bad area, but there are a lot of Skylanders I've only seen on the shelf once. Thank goodness I've been shopping for years at my EB and they hold all the Skylanders I want. smilie It's a really good store. Five minutes from my home and all the staff there are good. I still miss one of the staff members who left... It's still good, but the store isn't the same without them.

Maybe it is your area. I just see how often things are in stock in countries like Australia and the UK. I try to pick up on buying trends there, to see how bad we really have it here in the US when it comes to buying Skylanders.

The US is full of greedy people who would shatter fans and kids hopes of getting figures, just to make money. Thing is, people can't die with their money. I'd rather help people than make a profit off of them. Just my taste, however.
---
#27 Posted: 18:32:40 18/12/2014
When I go further out, the stock seems a bit better. I needed to for Wham-Shell because I never saw him locally. smilie I haven't seen a scalper here. I think I saw one in a Target further away, someone that got three Dragon's Peaks- they said they got them for friends, but I don't know. I haven't had to go to that Target again and I haven't seen that person again, so nothing else to go on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:53 18/12/2014 by Arc of Archives
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#28 Posted: 18:35:51 18/12/2014
GameMaster78:

Sorry to hear of the hardships your facing ! KEEP YA HEAD UP ! The TRUTH always reveals itself in the end.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#29 Posted: 03:28:49 19/12/2014
I work with children for a living and I can tell you that I've seen how stories, even made up ones, can ruin people's lives. It sucks that it happened to you, that's such a huge uphill fight to face even when you never did anything wrong. I hope all goes well for you, but it's just as well that you're not buying four of the same thing anymore. I'm at the point now where I don't even buy 1 of something these days. This game doesn't have the content to justify my useless spending on just one of each figure. The series, for me, just went straight downhill after Giants, and I did so love SSA and Giants so much.

I will say that I'd seen the pictures of your 256 Swap Force combinations and it was impressive.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#30 Posted: 03:45:13 19/12/2014
I thought this was another "MegaX is mad at the Skylanderses again" post... I see it's a bit different, so I'll be kind and just say two things:

A.) I wish you all the luck in getting the truth out - but even then, plan on moving out of town and starting a new life. An innocent man accused of what it sounds like you have been accused of will never be considered innocent in the eyes of the public. It's sad, but true.

B.( Same advice I've given you and others before - and it appears you're finally starting to realize it, so, hopefully, others will learn from this - buy what makes you happy and when it stops making you happy, stop buying them. It's supposed to be a fun game, not a chore. If midnight launches and driving to multiple stores isn't enjoyable for you, then don't do it. It's really not worth stressing yourself out over and sure isn't worth putting yourself in the poor house over.

Good luck.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#31 Posted: 05:09:44 19/12/2014

I'm with you on this. This era of tweeting and sharing on Facebook makes people think they know everybody on the internet and instills a false sense of trust in unknown people...especially with personal information and matters. That kind of divulgence of information is what trusted friends, family, and therapists are for.
#32 Posted: 05:54:20 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
I thought this was another "MegaX is mad at the Skylanderses again" post... I see it's a bit different, so I'll be kind and just say two things:

A.) I wish you all the luck in getting the truth out - but even then, plan on moving out of town and starting a new life. An innocent man accused of what it sounds like you have been accused of will never be considered innocent in the eyes of the public. It's sad, but true.

B.( Same advice I've given you and others before - and it appears you're finally starting to realize it, so, hopefully, others will learn from this - buy what makes you happy and when it stops making you happy, stop buying them. It's supposed to be a fun game, not a chore. If midnight launches and driving to multiple stores isn't enjoyable for you, then don't do it. It's really not worth stressing yourself out over and sure isn't worth putting yourself in the poor house over.

Good luck.

Thanks. Luckily I wasn't plastered all over the media.

I mean, this girl has already been caught in some of her lies, and one of my charges have already been dropped, but there's still work to be done. There's a ton of people who know I am not that kind of person, so if I were to move, it'd be because the city I love betrayed me, even when the DA caught their own client in a lie, it didn't stop them from trying to make her look like the victim.

I just need prayers and crossed fingers (depending on what any given person here believes) that the rest of the charges are dropped or the jury sees I am not some creeper.

As for Skylanders. Those responsible for determining how these things are released are part of the reason why I am losing my superfan system. It's just such a hassle trying to get these things, yet if I were an Infinity nut, I know when I can get each new figure, and there is always plenty that scalpers don't stand a chance.

They just need to release these at all stores at once, and on set dates, and let people reserve them, like Infinity figures can be reserved, and maybe my faith in this brand will be restored. That, and make future games as good and long as Swap Force was.
---
#33 Posted: 06:31:12 19/12/2014
GM78...

Remember, the darkest hour is only 60 minutes long.

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial. For when he has stood the test, he will inheret the Crown of Life that God has promised to all who love Him."--- James 1:12
---
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#34 Posted: 07:50:33 19/12/2014
Good luck with everything.

I gotta say that you need to sit down with a financial planner and get your **** together, I don't mean to sound insensitive and I don't want to start a fight but those numbers just don't work. If you were buying hundreds of figures a year while raising 3 kids on just $15 an hour you must have got into some serious debt. There is absolutely no way you didn't.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#35 Posted: 08:20:16 19/12/2014
Not to get in to your personal life, because well, it's personal, but I wish you the best and have to say I love your positive attitude towards it !! But I'm with you on the main topic at hand, 100%! Its gotten to where activision just tries to see what they can get away with! And now that they have appealed to parents ( the ones with REAL money ) as well, they are straying away from what made them so great.. I'm starting to realize my kids aren't even nearly as interested as I am, lol! As for no street dates, that started out as an accident due to limited supply, and high demand in the beginning. But Paul R.III even laughed at how this incident caused figures to be sold on ebay for hundreds of dollars! And that's the hype they needed to sell more toys! So that's why he decided from then on to not give skylanders a street dates.. If anyone thinks activision is about anything other than money, you have too many skylanders in front of you to see the truth.. Oh well, I like them, and make my purchase knowing this, but damn, don't sit back and giggle at us, lol!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#36 Posted: 09:17:16 19/12/2014
I agree Chaos!

One more thing to think about... it wouldn't surprise me if some of the scalpers on eBay are Activision employees/management just trying to make even bigger profits.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#37 Posted: 09:31:58 19/12/2014
Wow I never knew how difficult your life was my friend. I'm very sorry for you and I pray you will be alright too. I still love this franchise as I was able to finally find a franchise to enjoy with friends like you and be able to find new friends as well. I'd be completely miserable and be a villain without this series. I hope your life gets better and I hope you will be alright.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#38 Posted: 10:10:30 19/12/2014
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
I agree Chaos!

One more thing to think about... it wouldn't surprise me if some of the scalpers on eBay are Activision employees/management just trying to make even bigger profits.

Seriously? And how exactly would that work? Does Activision have a special account code to track income from EBay sales? Why would a multi-million dollar organisation go to the effort just for the sake of a few 00's, possibly 000's - the logistics of setting this up would be cost prohibitive alone...

Sorry, but it may be a wonderful conspiracy theory but it has no legs, so to speak.

Pragmatically, I can see how Activision could be accused of being bureaucratic/inept or even leveraging the lack of demand to fuel publicity but even then it is counter-intuitive as their desire is to sell as much product as possible. In business terms it all boils down to ROI - return on investment. That means getting the maximal profit for minimal outlay. Example: There is no point starting up another factory churning out figs if that factory would not be at full capacity for non-peak times and end up only hurting the bottom line.
---
Soylent Green is People!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#39 Posted: 11:38:44 19/12/2014
Wow, it's a shame to hear this. Being a quote on quote child myself, I know just how manipulative kids, (no offense to girls out there) can be, specifically girls at that age. The bad part is that it's not just a minority, kids are jerks, whether they are tying to be or not. I watched as a friend of mine was manipulated by the girl he liked. She had him rapped around her finger. It made me so angry I played dirty to try to get them away from each other, I couldn't just stand idle by. I nearly destroyed entire relationships. It was needless to say an eye opener.

If you don't mind me asking you Gamemaster, where exactly did you get you money from to be able to get is many Skylanders?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#40 Posted: 14:02:07 19/12/2014
I think aside from GM's legal issues, the core issue of accessibility of the figures continues to grow. We've seen how successful Disney has been at providing dates and plenty of product, Skylanders has been at this a lot longer. Fortunately, Skylanders is a bit better than the Amiibo situation...but Nintendo is new to the figure market too.

Yes we all enjoy the hunt and accomplishment to some degree, but I often wonder if more time is spent playing or hunting? Ponder it.
---
#41 Posted: 17:28:19 19/12/2014
Quote: ninja9351
If you don't mind me asking you Gamemaster, where exactly did you get you money from to be able to get is many Skylanders?

It's called hard work and your generation would do well in trying it sometime.

The vast majority of your generation thinks the world owes them and are entitled to everything right now.

I was never entitled to my 4 new Camaro's, my new Stingray, or everything else I have.

I've worked hard all my life, never asked anyone for anything, wanted nothing from my parents but their time, and earned everything I have.

I hope you're a hard worker and not like the rest of your "pants on the ground" generation.
---
#42 Posted: 17:51:58 19/12/2014
...Or could one answer with the case that maybe their job gives just enough past what's needed to invest so much in their hobby. Just being a hard worker isn't going to net you four times SSA,Giants and SF, a good paying job IN which you're a hard worker will.

EDIT: I mixed up conversion rates left and right. Forget the rest I said.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:55:17 19/12/2014 by Bifrost
#43 Posted: 17:53:55 19/12/2014
i have never seen the "pants on the ground" generation, is that a usa thing?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#44 Posted: 18:03:06 19/12/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

It's the new thing old farts like to complain about by acting like teenagers doing things to annoy older people is something new. Like parents did about long hair in the 80s, bell bottoms in the 70s, tie dyes in the 60s, leather jackets in the 50s, and so on. The scenario doesn't change, just a new generation that acts like each succeeding generation is the first to thumb their nose at their parents and rebel with clothes and music. To all those people that are "appalled" by rap music remember when the Doors, Beetles and Rolling Stones first got big the older establishment thought is heralded in the fall of decency and morals.

Those darn kids will never know the meaning of hard work! *Shakes fist*

Yeah, your parents generation said that about you, too.
#45 Posted: 18:10:05 19/12/2014
okay, better not wear pants on the ground and have long hair, bell bottoms, tie dyes and leather jacket at the same time... it can be explosive, lol...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#46 Posted: 18:17:40 19/12/2014
If not making the people seeing you waring all that at the same time barf....lol. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#47 Posted: 18:29:38 19/12/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: CountMoneyBone

It's the new thing old farts like to complain about by acting like teenagers doing things to annoy older people is something new. Like parents did about long hair in the 80s, bell bottoms in the 70s, tie dyes in the 60s, leather jackets in the 50s, and so on. The scenario doesn't change, just a new generation that acts like each succeeding generation is the first to thumb their nose at their parents and rebel with clothes and music. To all those people that are "appalled" by rap music remember when the Doors, Beetles and Rolling Stones first got big the older establishment thought is heralded in the fall of decency and morals.

Those darn kids will never know the meaning of hard work! *Shakes fist*

Yeah, your parents generation said that about you, too.

I don't care what you do, so long as you don't wear pajama pants out in public. ;)
#48 Posted: 18:30:13 19/12/2014
Hey, I had longish hair in the 80s, too. A friend of my Dad's once gave him a hard time telling him "I can't believe you let him have his hair like that!", complaining about how kids "had no respect for hard work". Yet, I turned out just fine. Imagine that.

The only difference now is we have radio talk show hosts and a whole news network telling people that is to blame for everything bad in our society. It's ironic and funny that every generation seems to think they have it all figured out and the teenagers are to blame.
#49 Posted: 18:31:39 19/12/2014
I don't care what you do, so long as you don't wear pajama pants out in public. smilie

You've been in Walmart far too long ... that's like the Walmart customer uniform smilie
#50 Posted: 19:08:42 19/12/2014
Hey, I had longish hair in the 80s, too. A friend of my Dad's once gave him a hard time telling him "I can't believe you let him have his hair like that!", complaining about how kids "had no respect for hard work". Yet, I turned out just fine. Imagine that.

I *still* have long hair (except for a period of time around my wedding where my wife convinced me to cut it, then again about two years ago when I got tired of it and cut it off)... nothing wrong with it. My boss isn't a fan, but we've discussed it and he says it makes me look unprofessional, but as long as I get the job done, he doesn't care. :D

I don't care what you do, so long as you don't wear pajama pants out in public. ;)

You've been in Walmart far too long ... that's like the Walmart customer uniform ;)

Customer nothing - had someone come in one time for their interview wearing pajama pants. They were not hired.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me