Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > WAVE 3 CORES AND TRAP MASTERS at TRU 12-21-2014
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
WAVE 3 CORES AND TRAP MASTERS at TRU 12-21-2014 [CLOSED]
blackmass Green Sparx Gems: 101
#1 Posted: 00:12:48 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Here's the proof. TRU's in the California greater Los Angeles area has wave 3 cores and trap masters set for release on Sunday 12-21-2014. They have ONLY 2 cases of cores per store I went to. Do the math, that's a total of 8 "trailblazers" as an example for a store serving THOUSANDS of customers in the city of Los Angeles 4 days before Christmas! Which Los Angeles store locations you ask? I'm sorry if it makes me unpopular here with most people for not divulging the locations, however, if anyone thinks I'm going to blow my chances of getting a complete set of these toys for my family for X-Mas they can think again. I physically checked stock at 2 MAJOR greater Los Angeles locations and both had an EXTREMELY limited supply that just arrived today. Each store only got 2 cases of cores and 5 cases of Trap Masters they also only had 3 cases of each expansion pack. As I live in the most competitive market outside if NYC I can tell you that if these stores only got a total of 13 cases of wave 3 assortments for stores in the biggest city in the nation besides NYC most stores got even less. For those on this forum who seem to think I'm some jerk who hoards my sources. You're welcome. Good luck, Merry X-Mas(s) and happy hunting. My bases are covered. Btw TRU IS OPEN UNTIL 2am on Saturday.....sinking in yet?

[img][User Posted Image][/img]

"I owe you NOTHING!"
"Follow Me"
-13lack Mass
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:15:30 18/12/2014 by blackmass
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 00:16:07 18/12/2014
....8 trail blazers for all of LA!?

i saw more than that at my local target. today, with cobra cadabra, and 2 tuff lucks.
#3 Posted: 00:19:35 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
It appears there are aprox 4 of each new core and Trap Master figures per case packed with a few wave 2 figures btw...didn't notice if a High 5 was in the case or not.
#4 Posted: 00:22:37 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Not all of Los Angeles just those stores I went to. But they are the 2 biggest stores in Los Angeles.and well, there are only so many TRU's to go around. At aprox 2cases of cores, 6 cases of expansion packs and 5 cases of Trap Masters per store that's not a lot regardless.
#5 Posted: 00:24:20 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
@zap pics? Did you try to buy any?
#6 Posted: 00:27:26 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I wish EVERYONE the best only trying to offer info. "Do what thou will" with the information....iin the end we will all see who has what come Saturday/Sunday at 12:01 12-21-2014 and who doesn't....

"Did someone say they needed a Kaos trap? Lol"
-13lack Mass
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:31:41 18/12/2014 by blackmass
#7 Posted: 00:28:21 18/12/2014
Quote: blackmass
@zap pics? Did you try to buy any?

no and no.

yes, they had them.

but i could not buy them. not because of a register lock, but because it was too close to christmas. i was like

[User Posted Image]
#8 Posted: 00:29:05 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
At zap LOL yes ey look great!
#9 Posted: 00:29:33 18/12/2014
At zap LOL yes ey look great!

especially that fire totem trap...*drools*
#10 Posted: 00:33:06 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
@zap I bought the traps yesterday at Target with no register lock. Did you try to buy a trap and got denied as well? Mine were not street dated.
#11 Posted: 00:34:51 18/12/2014
as i said- i could not buy anything. Parents just don't understand.
#12 Posted: 00:39:15 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I caution you all that those who wait until Sunday morning will be left in tears...TRU CONFIRMED to me that they will most certainly be able to sell them the minute the clock hits midnight Saturday... ,

"Baaaa, Baaaaa" says the sheep to the wolf.
-13lack Mass
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:44 18/12/2014 by blackmass
#13 Posted: 00:41:44 18/12/2014
good luck to all.
#14 Posted: 00:42:09 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
@zap some parents do....but money doesn't grow on trees either. Particularly a week before x-mas! Lol good luck! Hope Santa is kind enough to make all your skylander wishes come TRU(sic)!

"I'm not a bad guy really, I just play one on tv."
-13lack Mass
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#15 Posted: 00:42:27 18/12/2014
I'm hoping to buy some wave 3 stuff tomorrow. I've heard light and dark were in the back of my local TRU after calling them, and, assuming the register lock still doesn't apply to light or dark, I'll buy them!
#16 Posted: 00:45:03 18/12/2014
as i said, good luck.
#17 Posted: 00:46:02 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
@trapshshafow fan!! Good luck! They look awesome. But just be aware that at my TRU where I'm known personally by name by all store dept mangers etc they could not sell them to me due to a register lock of 12-21. But I have seen them with my own eyes and they are killer!

"If God made me, then who made God?"
-13lack Mass
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#18 Posted: 01:07:55 18/12/2014
I caution you all that those who wait until Sunday morning will be left in tears...TRU CONFIRMED to me that they will most certainly be able to sell them the minute the clock hits midnight Saturday... ,

-13lack Mass

i live in a area with pretty much no major gamers so i should be fine i mean any skylanders midnight release whether it be a new wave or a game i am the only one there
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Milla4Prez66 Green Sparx Gems: 101
#19 Posted: 01:14:09 18/12/2014
My TRU is scheduled to close at 10 pm Saturday night and im working until 11 anyways, I just have to hope they stocked enough stuff to not run out first thing Sunday morning.

Has this been confirmed to be exclusive to TRU also?
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#20 Posted: 01:38:09 18/12/2014
The Light and Dark packs are register locked. I tried to buy them yesterday.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#21 Posted: 01:40:28 18/12/2014
My TRU said they got in 10 cases of figures for Sunday. I wonder how many of each. smilie My area doesn't have too many skylanders fans anymore so I'm not too worried. There's only the 3 die hard fans (myself included) who show up at launch every time.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#22 Posted: 01:46:02 18/12/2014
^ lol, sounds like my area! And aura is one of them, so that's 2 out of 3 fans on this site, lol
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#23 Posted: 01:48:07 18/12/2014
for me i am usually the only one looking for specifically skylanders besides completely confused moms who's kid(s) want it
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#24 Posted: 02:49:36 18/12/2014
Are these going to be only at TRU?
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#25 Posted: 03:12:48 18/12/2014
They had them all at tatrget today. Plus I FINALLY got a kaos trap for my son's stalking as well.
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#26 Posted: 03:23:19 18/12/2014
@trapshshafow fan!! Good luck! They look awesome. But just be aware that at my TRU where I'm known personally by name by all store dept mangers etc they could not sell them to me due to a register lock of 12-21. But I have seen them with my own eyes and they are killer!

"If God made me, then who made God?"
-13lack Mass

Same here...
---
Dead
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#27 Posted: 08:03:43 18/12/2014
As a TRU employee, I too can confirm the release date for NYC.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#28 Posted: 15:28:38 18/12/2014
So are the light and dark packs included in this? Bc my Toys R Us in NE Tennessee sucks a huge one.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#29 Posted: 15:32:36 18/12/2014
Quote: Spinall4
They had them all at tatrget today. Plus I FINALLY got a kaos trap for my son's stalking as well.

So does Target have them for sale now? Or register locked?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#30 Posted: 16:49:05 18/12/2014
My TRU in Fullerton says they won't be out by Midnight, but I know people there and (hopefully) they'll put them aside for me. I'll try Sat., then Sunday.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#31 Posted: 19:02:41 18/12/2014

-13lack Mass

From my experience when buying items online, midnight is for PST. Thus, that would be 3am EST. Just a thing to remember if anyone is trying to purchase online. Although, I will try both times to see if I can buy and pick up in store.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#32 Posted: 01:39:56 19/12/2014
I'm debating on trying to buy them at midnight, so I'm going to ask someone in Fullerton if they're going to put them out at midnight, or wait until they reopen on Sunday, 12/21.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#33 Posted: 01:50:36 19/12/2014
Have the Wave 3 traps shown up at any other TRUs?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#34 Posted: 05:04:01 19/12/2014
I bought all the wave 3 traps, Blastermind, Ka-Boom, Tuff Luck, Cobra Cadabra and Trail Blazer, thumpling/gill mini, weruptor/fryno mins this evening. I will post pictures tomorrow morning as i cant get them in with the kid up and i had to run to work for an overnight shift. I am guessing Cobra Cadabra and Trail Blazer are in a box by themselves or with a few others (i did see alot of pop fizz but idk if thats related)

Oh and I found a Kaos trap! Going see if my son's friend has one yet as he's birthday party is sunday.

I got these at target on long island NY, TRU had nothing as of yet and the girl i electronics wasnt sure abt light/dark she looks liked a seasonal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:20 19/12/2014 by SlayerX11
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#35 Posted: 12:39:55 19/12/2014
Has Target made an official release announcement? Or do you just have to be lucky to find them whenever they come in? My local Target did not have anything yesterday.
GooRoo Blue Sparx Gems: 955
#36 Posted: 13:17:41 19/12/2014
Has anyone seen wave three at best buy yet? I get an extra 20% off figures there with the gamers club unlocked membership so I'm trying to wait till they have them but ours is awful about putting things out....
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#37 Posted: 13:19:45 19/12/2014
I found all three Trap Masters at a Target in Alpharetta, GA last night. I looked for the two new mini sets, the new traps, etc. but no luck. The empty boxes around the electronics desk told me that they had just put out the toys, but I didn't have time to wait around and see if they had the rest of the new stuff.

Plans are still in place to head to TRU on Saturday night, so hopefully that will fill in the rest of the holes. I have plans to check another Target in my area on my lunch today but... the staff there isn't the brightest bunch of retail employees so I'm not holding out much hope for getting anything.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#38 Posted: 17:07:53 19/12/2014
saw trail blazer, blastermind, kaboom and the other life trap master at target just now along with new traps, yep saw the cobra guy too like slayer did. forgot that one
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:17 19/12/2014 by tigerdr
SandyCrocs Green Sparx Gems: 116
#39 Posted: 17:28:57 19/12/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
I bought all the wave 3 traps, Blastermind, Ka-Boom, Tuff Luck, Cobra Cadabra and Trail Blazer, thumpling/gill mini, weruptor/fryno mins this evening. I will post pictures tomorrow morning as i cant get them in with the kid up and i had to run to work for an overnight shift. I am guessing Cobra Cadabra and Trail Blazer are in a box by themselves or with a few others (i did see alot of pop fizz but idk if thats related)

Oh and I found a Kaos trap! Going see if my son's friend has one yet as he's birthday party is sunday.

I got these at target on long island NY, TRU had nothing as of yet and the girl i electronics wasnt sure abt light/dark she looks liked a seasonal.

If you don't mind telling me which Target in Long Island you found wave 3 in because I'm actually in Queens. Thanks in advance!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#40 Posted: 17:52:02 19/12/2014
Just so people know so they don't get disappointed Sunday morning/Saturday night, Bat Spin and High Five are NOT part of the USA Wave 3 core cases. It contains the following:

4 x Cobra Cadabra
4 x Trail Blazer
1 x Chopper
1 x Funny Bone
1 x Hog Wild Fryno
1 x Tidal Wave Gil Grunt

I have a picture, but it isn't much different from what has already been posted - just adding a description to what you see.

I guess it has something to do with Frito Lay's exclusive or something since both were part of their contests. The Trap Master cases had the new three plus Wallop, three of each I believe.
#41 Posted: 04:39:04 20/12/2014
Quote: SandyCrocs

If you don't mind telling me which Target in Long Island you found wave 3 in because I'm actually in Queens. Thanks in advance!

Westbury NY. I also saw them in commack today too.

Quote: defpally
Just so people know so they don't get disappointed Sunday morning/Saturday night, Bat Spin and High Five are NOT part of the USA Wave 3 core cases. It contains the following:

4 x Cobra Cadabra
4 x Trail Blazer
1 x Chopper
1 x Funny Bone
1 x Hog Wild Fryno
1 x Tidal Wave Gil Grunt

I have a picture, but it isn't much different from what has already been posted - just adding a description to what you see.

I guess it has something to do with Frito Lay's exclusive or something since both were part of their contests. The Trap Master cases had the new three plus Wallop, three of each I believe.

This soubds about right. There were wallops mixed in with them and i do recall seeing gill and funny mixed in too.
#42 Posted: 04:48:01 20/12/2014

Westbury NY. I also saw them in commack today too.

Quote: defpally

4 x Cobra Cadabra
4 x Trail Blazer
1 x Chopper
1 x Funny Bone
1 x Hog Wild Fryno
1 x Tidal Wave Gil Grunt

This sounds about right. There were wallops mixed in with them and i do recall seeing gill and funny mixed in too. Anyways ill be skipping the dark/lights as tru is pissing me off. I got flagged 70days ago being unable to do returns for 60 days, so i go in today since the time passed do one receipt of returns and now im flagged for another 60 days. Oh well tru is loosing alot of business from me between skylanders, disney i, power rangers, tmnt and amiibos
grrrr
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#43 Posted: 16:00:59 20/12/2014
Called my tru to see if things will b put out at midnight and the lady was very unhelpful -___- said something about something skylanders that was supposed to be released yesterday but wasnt so she doesnt know if anything skylanders will be released. Guess it wouldnt hurt to just go in at midnight seeing as im not sleeping tonight anyways. May call after work and talk to someone with a little more knowledge of whats going on

Btw if anyone has any kind of advertisement for this that i can show them, that'd be greatly appreciated smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:59 20/12/2014 by ace
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#44 Posted: 17:02:47 20/12/2014
I just checked out the ad for TRU as it came with my newspaper this morning. On the last page (bottom right) is a picture of the Sunscraper Spire Light element expansion pack for $31.99 with the words "get it here first" above it. No other discounted Skylanders items except for Trap Team starter packs for $59.99 or free with purchase of XBox One. I would share the picture from the ad, but I'm not too familiar with web hosting of pictures. No mention of the dark expansion pack or other wave 3 in the ad.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#45 Posted: 18:19:33 20/12/2014
This sounds about right. There were wallops mixed in with them and i do recall seeing gill and funny mixed in too. Anyways ill be skipping the dark/lights as tru is pissing me off. I got flagged 70days ago being unable to do returns for 60 days, so i go in today since the time passed do one receipt of returns and now im flagged for another 60 days. Oh well tru is loosing alot of business from me between skylanders, disney i, power rangers, tmnt and amiibos

Not being judgmental, but weren't you the one that was buying figures in the Giants era, using them to unlock things in game then returning them? It sounds like it eventually caught up with you or was it something else? Because waiting out your ban doesn't require them to simply clear your slate - and if they feel a customer is taking advantage of their return policy, I'm sure they weigh that against lost business.
CattyNoir Green Sparx Gems: 440
#46 Posted: 18:31:58 20/12/2014
Quote: ace
Btw if anyone has any kind of advertisement for this that i can show them, that'd be greatly appreciated smilie

ditto this smilie
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#47 Posted: 18:39:36 20/12/2014

PALISADES MALL TARGET Rockland County NY. NO register lock and even had Kaos traps
as of today
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#48 Posted: 18:41:31 20/12/2014
PM your email address and I can send you a picture of the ad I have with the light expansion pack.
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#49 Posted: 18:50:42 20/12/2014
Both of my local toy's r us said they will not put the new element packs out until 7am sunday because the computers still think it is saturday even though they r open until 2am since they havent closed.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#50 Posted: 18:55:14 20/12/2014
^It's really up to the manager. Even if the register's still think it's Saturday, if the manager wants to they can override the sale after midnight without breaking the street date rules and getting in trouble. Some managers (like mine) are really kind and guaranteed me I can buy at midnight exactly, but they cannot break the seal to see what's in the boxes until exactly midnight. While other TRU in my area have crappy managers who don't want to be bothered.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:34 20/12/2014 by PurpleSnurple
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me