Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Bat Spin ! Where are u? [CLOSED]
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#1 Posted: 18:37:09 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Bat Spin
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:47 16/01/2015 by crstofer
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#2 Posted: 21:10:19 17/12/2014
Quote: crstofer
Any word on Bat Spin? Amazon.de has her on back order and wondered if this has appeared anywhere stateside?

If you've been paying the extra fees to have them shipped over from Germany, then you should splurge on the triple pack which includes her on Amazon.de. I saw that it was in stock the other day...not sure now. I know you were the first to get these figures, but seeing as almost everything from wave 3 has arrived in the US and will be released within the next week (except Batspin which hasn't been spotted), it might have been worth it to wait it out. It's always a gamble when ordering from abroad.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#3 Posted: 22:52:26 17/12/2014
I'll buy your extra cobra!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Wojima Green Sparx Gems: 374
#4 Posted: 23:12:41 17/12/2014
I ordered all 7 new characters (including Bat Spin) on Amazon.it on Sunday and they arrived at my house today. You may want to check there 1st before buying the triple pack.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#5 Posted: 23:14:44 17/12/2014
You will pay a lot for shipping for one figure if you want it before the holidays. The triple pack has been out of stock since yesterday from Amazon.de, and third party dealers usually charge much more for international shipping than Amazon (if they do it at all), and they usually only have "slow" options.

Bat Spin has been weird, no one has reported finding her where Wave 3 has been found (or High Five, for that matter) here. I'm wondering if they isn't in the initial Wave 3 shipments due to Frito Lay or something. And the Europe sellers had delays on getting her/sold out/backordered/small amounts/etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:21 17/12/2014 by defpally
#6 Posted: 23:26:46 17/12/2014
Quote: defpally
You will pay a lot for shipping for one figure if you want it before the holidays. The triple pack has been out of stock since yesterday from Amazon.de, and third party dealers usually charge much more for international shipping than Amazon (if they do it at all), and they usually only have "slow" options.

Bat Spin has been weird, no one has reported finding her where Wave 3 has been found (or High Five, for that matter) here. I'm wondering if they isn't in the initial Wave 3 shipments due to Frito Lay or something. And the Europe sellers had delays on getting her/sold out/backordered/small amounts/etc.

That is true, as I paid $19 to ship all 7 figures. Not sure what the charge would be for just 1. I am just surprised that it arrived so very quickly. Ordered on Sunday and have it in my hands on Wednesday! Hoping both my Dark/Light Element expansions come as quick from amazon.de. Received the shipping email yesterday.
#7 Posted: 23:36:59 17/12/2014
Well, I played around with it a bit, and the best deal I found was one seller with a 6 Euro shipping charge and about 16 Euro cost, resulting in a cost of around $29 USD after conversion. Their delivery time is 7-21 days. Other places charge up to 25 Euro for shipping. To get the 2 day or 5-10 day shipping with tracking info you typically have to go with Amazon as the seller. I'm thinking with an up to 21 day timeframe, you can probably find her locally sooner and for a heck of a lot cheaper - hopefully - the jury is still out on how available she is for now.

You also aren't dealing with Amazon themselves, so if something happens there is a language barrier in dealing with the customer service.

Typically multiple figures don't bump up the shipping charge much, so 7 figures is probably only a small bit (if any) more than 1 figure. That's why if you are ordering it is best to either go in with a friend and split the shipping or get multiple things at once.
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#8 Posted: 23:43:18 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Defpally,
Ur right ! I'll check TRU on Sunday... No big rush for this one now.. Any word on the traps being released Sunday as well ?
---
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#9 Posted: 02:21:10 18/12/2014
Holy crap Amazon.de & Amazon.it are expensive. Patience is a virtue.
#10 Posted: 04:40:26 18/12/2014
Quote: stoat2337

Mine were not that expensive. 8.95 ($10) EUR and 14.75 ($18) EUR for wave 3 characters and 25.20 EUR ($31) for Dark/Light Expansions. That pretty much is on par with our prices. Shipping cost me $20 and some tax in there as well. For me, the insurance knowing I will get them out weighs me running around like crazy trying to find them with a minute chance there is even a sale on them and the slim chance I get all of them. To me it worked out to be about the same, maybe just slightly more. You may be seeing 3rd party prices now on Amazon.it or Amazon.de.
#11 Posted: 04:41:39 18/12/2014
Quote: stoat2337

Actually they aren't if you stick to stuff Amazon is selling and not third parties with pricey shipping. The price they list actually goes down because they subtract out VAT (value add tax) since you aren't in Europe. Light and Dark packs were 25.50 Euro for example not the 31 Euro it was listed, which factors out to about $32 which is right in line with what TRU charges - however, there is no sales tax. Shipping is cheap if you go with standard, but you don't get tracking info and it takes about a week and a half (assuming no customs holdups). If you join in with a friend and split shipping, you can even get priority shipping with tracking for right about what you would pay at TRU after sales tax.

The problem is if you are on a deadline (like Christmas) you might have to deal with a customs holdup as I mentioned on another thread. As long as you are aware of these things it isn't a bad way to go. Single items are of course much more expensive, so usually not worth it unless you get the absolute cheapest shipping and are willing to wait. Amazon is pretty quick to fix problems too. But, like I said be wary of third parties, there are usually higher shipping charges, slower shipping and language issues if there is a problem.
#12 Posted: 13:05:34 18/12/2014
Gotcha. Thanks for that, defpally. Never knew about the VAT. Still, I never order anything w/o tracking, so there is that cost.
#13 Posted: 14:04:42 18/12/2014
Yeah the VAT confuses people. You do have the Euro conversion which runs about 1.24-1.29 per dollar these days, but when you subtract out the VAT (which Amazon does when ordering from them as a seller) it usually evens out. Shipping can be expensive for tracking (and prompt delivery), but with several items or a bulk order among friends it gets covered by what you would pay for sales tax here.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#14 Posted: 18:10:43 18/12/2014
I ordered Dark/Light packs, Bat Spin/Fryno/Cobra Cadabra triple pack and Trail Blazer single from Amazon.de this past Monday. Dark/Light packs are arriving today, the rest arrive tomorrow. The savings on sales tax helped balance the shipping cost, which ended up at a difference of $14.

Now that I was able to find wave 3 Trap Masters and traps at Target this week, I'm done with wave 3 and only spent $14 above retail. No midnight Toysrus launch this year is a big plus as well, totally worth it for me.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#15 Posted: 19:53:01 18/12/2014
Quote: Dahvoo
I ordered Dark/Light packs, Bat Spin/Fryno/Cobra Cadabra triple pack and Trail Blazer single from Amazon.de this past Monday. Dark/Light packs are arriving today, the rest arrive tomorrow. The savings on sales tax helped balance the shipping cost, which ended up at a difference of $14.

Now that I was able to find wave 3 Trap Masters and traps at Target this week, I'm done with wave 3 and only spent $14 above retail. No midnight Toysrus launch this year is a big plus as well, totally worth it for me.

That is exactly how I feel as well. I have ordered a number of Skylanders since the beginning from overseas and it has saved me a lot of time and aggravation. I was just surprised how quickly everything came this time.
#16 Posted: 19:58:39 18/12/2014
I stand corrected!
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#17 Posted: 20:23:17 18/12/2014
My local Smyths have lots of her.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#18 Posted: 12:59:50 19/12/2014
i got here right here smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me