Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Tru open until 2am will they start selling at 12:00am sun night
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Tru open until 2am will they start selling at 12:00am sun night [CLOSED]
Drckiss Red Sparx Gems: 16
#1 Posted: 16:42:14 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm just trying to figure out what time to be at toys r us. If they are open after 12 on Saturday night will they sell the light/dark pack that night or should I wait till 7 the next morning

Thanks for opinions
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#2 Posted: 16:50:37 17/12/2014
I'd like to know this as well. I'd much rather go at midnight than wake up at the butt crack of dawn on a Sunday... Though I suppose it wouldn't be too bad as that is only Day Two of my two week vacation.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 16:52:17 17/12/2014
We haven't heard anything, yet. It may depend on the store or even how the registers are programmed. If there is a register lock, it may be unlocked by the clock time (meaning midnight) or when they open the registers in the morning. Many stores have their registers updated at certain times to account for that day's sales, etc. For those opened certain hours, that usually happens when the store opens. For stores open 24 hours (namely Walmart), it usually happens sometime in the middle of the night when there are fewer shoppers as the registers have to go down). Granted, that's how I remember it being when I worked retail, but that could have changed since then. I know the toy store I worked at, the sales would be loaded when we loaded opened the registers in the morning. Sales that were only supposed to last certain hours (namely Black Friday doorbusters) would actually be programmed in and left in the system for the entire day unless we rebooted the registers in the middle of the day. That was over 13 years ago, so a lot may have changed since then smilie But, anyway, my point is that even though it's past midnight, the registers may not update to recognize the new day until they're re-opened in the morning. But since they've had midnight releases before, it's possible the registers will work as long as the employees put them out at midnight. More than likely, the employees won't really care that late in the day and just forego it until the next day.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#4 Posted: 17:35:06 17/12/2014
when I went in to ask about them a couple days ago the employee I talked to said that they wouldnt be released until sunday then told me to come in bright and early if I wanted to get one then. I assume that means in the morning. I have no information to share other than that much, I may call today and ask a manager about it though. I'll let you all know if I get more info.

But this may be different for other stores, so the only way to know is to talk to your local TRU.
Drckiss Red Sparx Gems: 16
#5 Posted: 18:06:12 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for all your help guys
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#6 Posted: 18:31:20 17/12/2014
My store in MO said they would honor the street date at 12 midnight. YAY
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7 Posted: 19:02:23 17/12/2014
Anyone know if tru is saving a sale this coming week? Im going to assume no but id like at least 40% off one of them smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 19:44:26 17/12/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
Anyone know if tru is saving a sale this coming week? Im going to assume no but id like at least 40% off one of them smilie

Very doubtful. TRU isn't fond of having sales on weeks they have exclusive deals they obviously paid for. Notice the release is on a Sunday - start of a new week, just to ensure current sales are over (if they had one).
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#9 Posted: 21:24:13 17/12/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: SlayerX11

Very doubtful. TRU isn't fond of having sales on weeks they have exclusive deals they obviously paid for. Notice the release is on a Sunday - start of a new week, just to ensure current sales are over (if they had one).

On the other hand, I have a hard time believing they'll hold back on cashing in on last-minute shoppers simply because of a select few Skylanders.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 22:30:26 17/12/2014
Quote: PlayableMoogle
On the other hand, I have a hard time believing they'll hold back on cashing in on last-minute shoppers simply because of a select few Skylanders.

They have for the past two years. Stores are aware last minute shoppers are running out of options, and some take advantage of this. The last part-week before Christmas is usually MSRP-fest, Target's ad for next week (the only one I've seen so far) is very "meh" compared to the deals they have had since mid November. The best thing in there is a deal on the Starter which is pretty much the worst deal since before Black Friday - 30% off ($52.49).
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#11 Posted: 17:29:36 20/12/2014
Both toys r us close to me in VA said they won't sell them at midnight because the store still thinks it's Saturday since they haven't closed and won't sell them until they open at 7am on Sunday.
Secretsof2113 Blue Sparx Gems: 842
#12 Posted: 17:56:28 20/12/2014
I work right near our Toys R Us. I was planning to hit it up after work tonight, since I have to work at 7am Sunday. They honored it last year with the Swap Force waves, so I would think they would do it again.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#13 Posted: 18:10:13 20/12/2014
Quote: Huntrz2
Both toys r us close to me in VA said they won't sell them at midnight because the store still thinks it's Saturday since they haven't closed and won't sell them until they open at 7am on Sunday.

They just don't want to dedicate employees to putting them out at midnight, but should you be there requesting them at midnight, they should sell them to you...ask for a manager. I'd just show up and wouldn't bother asking in advance when they're going to on sale. I for one, have work on Sunday, so can and will raise a stink with a manager at midnight if they aren't willing to help out...I'll have my TRU ad with the light elemental pack listed on the back page in hand.
CattyNoir Green Sparx Gems: 440
#14 Posted: 18:26:22 20/12/2014
^can i have a link to that TRU ad with the light elemental pack in case i need it as well please smilie
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#15 Posted: 19:04:27 20/12/2014
Quote: mastermc54

I for one, have work on Sunday, so can and will raise a stink with a manager at midnight if they aren't willing to help out...I'll have my TRU ad with the light elemental pack listed on the back page in hand.

Wow that's some valid reasons you got there to bother somebody into getting you the sets because you have to work. Seriously it's up to a store by store basis on it. Some MIGHT do midnight but honestly they don't have to. Especially if you do that by the employees they can easily tell you to leave if you are there that late/early. Depends how nice you are there. I'd say think of it from an employee perspective, they're already there that late. If they say no, abide by it. People going crazy thinking these will be in small releases are nuts. Maybe just for this week but right after xmas and through january we'll be swimming in them.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#16 Posted: 19:27:35 20/12/2014
Make of it what you want, but the TRU's I called in my area told me they have something from corporate that instructs them not to put them out or sell them until 7AM opening. This is 3 different TRU's (all open till 2AM) all saying the same thing.
#17 Posted: 19:55:19 20/12/2014
Quote: tigerdr

I for one, have work on Sunday, so can and will raise a stink with a manager at midnight if they aren't willing to help out...I'll have my TRU ad with the light elemental pack listed on the back page in hand.

Wow that's some valid reasons you got there to bother somebody into getting you the sets because you have to work. Seriously it's up to a store by store basis on it. Some MIGHT do midnight but honestly they don't have to. Especially if you do that by the employees they can easily tell you to leave if you are there that late/early. Depends how nice you are there. I'd say think of it from an employee perspective, they're already there that late. If they say no, abide by it. People going crazy thinking these will be in small releases are nuts. Maybe just for this week but right after xmas and through january we'll be swimming in them.

It's called proper customer service...maybe going the extra mile to help somebody out may be a foreign concept to you. It's not like I'm asking them to break street date or move mountains. All they have to do is check in the back...it's what they're paid to do. Until you have some policy in hand that it's manager discretion as to when products are released at TRU (or any other 24 hour store for that matter), keep the jerk comments to yourself. I never approach any interaction with another human being with a stand-offish or confrontational mood...it's simple common sense to be nice to people who are there to help you out. The whole people going nuts and crazy thing is in your head. You act like there's going to be an angry mob and scalper-palooza at every TRU at midnight or opening tomorrow.
sandrockgundam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#18 Posted: 19:57:05 20/12/2014
I asked a TRU employee just a while ago, they said at least at that store they were not selling them at midnight, but at store open tomorrow which is 6am.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#19 Posted: 21:06:13 20/12/2014
I also confirmed with my local TRU that is not their policy to put something like this out prior to closing at 2:00 AM.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#20 Posted: 21:33:07 20/12/2014
Well, mine doesn't open until 6 am, so I won't have to worry if they will have them released at midnight or not.
---
Dead
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#21 Posted: 22:03:05 20/12/2014

I never approach any interaction with another human being with a stand-offish or confrontational mood...it's simple common sense to be nice to people who are there to help you out. .

im sure his comments were based off your "raise a stink' statement. Funny how you changed your tune in the reply...
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#22 Posted: 22:12:02 20/12/2014

It's called proper customer service...maybe going the extra mile to help somebody out may be a foreign concept to you. It's not like I'm asking them to break street date or move mountains. All they have to do is check in the back...it's what they're paid to do. Until you have some policy in hand that it's manager discretion as to when products are released at TRU (or any other 24 hour store for that matter), keep the jerk comments to yourself. I never approach any interaction with another human being with a stand-offish or confrontational mood...it's simple common sense to be nice to people who are there to help you out. The whole people going nuts and crazy thing is in your head. You act like there's going to be an angry mob and scalper-palooza at every TRU at midnight or opening tomorrow.

I would've but that's from what you said and how you made it out just because you can't be there at 7 am while you can get there at midnight. I'm sure some stores won't have a problem with it but you're basically making it out you gotta have it you know? That you'll give them a hard time if they don't do what you say. That's how you're coming off on it and I think many people here need to relax especially with the holidays coming up. Just wanted to point it out is all. What i've seen is a lot of people in the vicinity of the forums "going nuts" in their ways of trying to get these sets. most likely so a scalper doesn't get'em or so they can have them for xmas. in a way that's fine. It's not a jerk comment but merely a reminder of those that do work these jobs at retail in how to treat them and not forget that since they are up that late. I tend to work pretty late especially at these times of the year and it's not lost to remember that many don't want to be at work that long at night when they usually aren't. it's just like black friday weekend.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#23 Posted: 23:09:49 20/12/2014
Both TRU stores said I need t be there at 6am and they won't be selling them at midnight which is ridiculous.
LogansMom1024 Green Sparx Gems: 279
#24 Posted: 23:10:30 20/12/2014
I was also told they won't be on sale tonight at midnight (Wyomissing, PA). The manager said its a "store launch" not a "midnight launch". Either my husband or I will be there at 6am hoping to complete my 6yr olds Christmas list!
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#25 Posted: 23:23:25 20/12/2014
waiting for response on tru facebook page as to release...
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#26 Posted: 23:29:14 20/12/2014
Quote: Zook
...they won't be selling them at midnight which is ridiculous.

Not really. Fiscally, if the store has not closed, the next day has not yet begun.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:37 20/12/2014 by stoat2337
#27 Posted: 00:07:19 21/12/2014
Competition alert!!! Just got a text from TRU...be one of the 1st 30 in store tomorrow for a chance to purchase Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa. Great...gotta deal with the loonies who shower their daughters with Frozen merchandise. Now that's a scary crowd.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#28 Posted: 00:18:08 21/12/2014
^Ahahaha! I didn't get that alert, but I have been selling some Frozen merchandise the last few weeks (which I bought cheap over the summer in anticipation of the spike), and the parents are crazy!!! I sold all of my inventory in one afternoon and I"m still being bombarded by emails for more! EXCEPT the Snow Glow Elsa! That toy is dead in the water. Not popular. So I find it hilarious that TRU is pushing it as a hot toy for purchase. smilie I can't even sell those at retail cost.
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#29 Posted: 00:22:26 21/12/2014
I have also called my two stores near me and they said they would NOT be selling them at 12:01. I will have to go to the store at 6am Sunday morning.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30 Posted: 00:52:49 21/12/2014
Competition alert!!! Just got a text from TRU...be one of the 1st 30 in store tomorrow for a chance to purchase Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa. Great...gotta deal with the loonies who shower their daughters with Frozen merchandise. Now that's a scary crowd.

i got a HTA a while back for a "max tow truck" saying you had to be one of the first 10 people in the store to get it.

[User Posted Image]
chadomac Green Sparx Gems: 350
#31 Posted: 01:25:42 21/12/2014
Just talked to my local store and was told 6am tomorrow morning....guess the early bird gets the worm
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#32 Posted: 01:47:58 21/12/2014
Hmm. Set up a tent tonight to be first in line to get the best Skylanders...nah, it's too arctic here in New York for that foolishness. I'm not sure I even want to leave here at 5 AM to get there at 5:15 for a 6 AM opening. It's hella cold up here! I'm certain no matter what time I get there before opening I'd still be waiting in a long line outside and I'll probably end up in a fist fight with someone if it comes down to their hoarding Kaos traps and my not having one because they got there first to get the several dozen of them.

And is it worth it? I mean I'm sure that in 2 to 3 weeks everywhere will have more than enough wave three for everyone, right? But then again I thought I'd have a Kaos trap by now too but I don't. I hate feeling so wishy washy about this. I mean I can wait, but I hate to be left out like on the Kaos traps and wondering if it's even possible to get one at retail. I'm hoping the light and dark sets won't become the new scalper toy to get as it'll be it for me, no Sky Five for me. I'm not in this for the hot toy collecting, I just want the figures I like and to enjoy the game. I don't recall any other Skylanders series being this intense, you know? I was always able to find plenty of what I wanted everywhere, but this year just seems so anxiety filled that I'll loose out if I don't react day one to get what I want.
---
Stay Cool!
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#33 Posted: 01:55:18 21/12/2014
I just called my TRU. The manager confirmed they will be open until 2 but had no idea about releasing the new Skylanders at midnight. I was told to call back in a few hours when a different manager was there because they'd know better... So frustrating.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
#34 Posted: 02:10:05 21/12/2014
Stop calling and take a chance by showing up. They don't want to deal with a midnight release type mentality, so don't want to feel pressured to have everything out at the stroke of midnight after a long day of work. It doesn't hurt to show up and ask somebody to get them from the back. I'm sure most stores won't even have it out at 6 am as they expect an influx of Frozen customers. The light expansion pack is in the ad for next week and there are no stipulations as to whether or not it can or cannot be sold at midnight.
ForMySanitY Green Sparx Gems: 162
#35 Posted: 02:13:04 21/12/2014
For my TRU i will be selling them at midnight, mine is rockaway,nj
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#36 Posted: 02:16:40 21/12/2014
So is TRU opening early just for the skylanders release? Everybody is saying be there at 6 AM, but for my store on their website it says that they open at 7 AM.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
#37 Posted: 02:46:00 21/12/2014
Quote: SkylanderPrime
So is TRU opening early just for the skylanders release? Everybody is saying be there at 6 AM, but for my store on their website it says that they open at 7 AM.

No...Skylanders isn't the advertised big release for tomorrow. Frozen is and was sent out via email and text. They're just expanding hours like all retailers right before Christmas. I'd go by the hours on the website as TRU locations may vary in opening hours. I drove from NJ to Massachusetts last month and must've seen at least 7 TRU locations along I-95. I doubt they all have the volume and business to necessitate a 6 am opening.
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#38 Posted: 03:09:17 21/12/2014
Quote: SkylanderPrime

I was curious about this as well. Everyone keeps saying 6 but I'm looking at the times for my local store right now and it says they open at 7 on Sunday. The only day they open at 6 would be today (Saturday).
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#39 Posted: 03:38:44 21/12/2014
I asked this same question today, and was told that my TRU won't have them out until 6am. The way they usually get things mixed up, my bet is they put them out at midnight or I get there at 6am and wait for a group of employees to figure out where they are...
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#40 Posted: 03:41:38 21/12/2014
My TRU is doing a midnight release. Pretty dang busy, but I'm the only one here for Skylanders.
comittoxcell Red Sparx Gems: 78
#41 Posted: 03:44:11 21/12/2014
I'm at the Mechanicsburgh, Pa. Toys R Us and was speaking to the manager who said at about 8pm they received an email to not sell the expansions and the wave 3's til opening on Sunday the 21st... So, I guess no midnights at any Toys R Us's...
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#42 Posted: 03:59:59 21/12/2014
Yeah, after checking with two different people days before and another one tonight, and driving an hour over here tonight, I was just told they can't put them out until tomorrow morning.

Not a happy camper.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#43 Posted: 04:04:09 21/12/2014
was told by one that they wont b out till morning :/ was told by another they were sold out -____-
---
Praise Helix!!!
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#44 Posted: 05:01:08 21/12/2014
I was just there and i was told i could purchase them at 12:01. Can't wait tick tick!!
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#45 Posted: 05:07:53 21/12/2014
Wow. We're four days away from Christmas, and there are waaay too many people in this thread driven by the wrong focus. Just spend some time with family today, and wait until the real release date for the items; the non-obsessive, scary American consumer-driven zombie release date, not the two hours that happen to overlap on release date. And know how lucky you are to be alive, and have money for plastic video game accessories--and clean water.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#46 Posted: 05:14:31 21/12/2014
I picked up the Light and Dark Elemental Packs in Southeastern Michigan. Also picked up Trail Blazer and Cobra Cadabra. I had already picked up Trail Blazer and the Trap Masters at Target earlier, but I wanted an even number so I can do a price adjustment later on. They were no longer register locked and it went very smoothly. My son will be excited on Christmas morning. The only thing that stinks is that I have to wait to play the new levels until then.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:16:26 21/12/2014 by griswoldthunder
Elkkthunder Green Sparx Gems: 459
#47 Posted: 05:31:40 21/12/2014
Stores in NY area said no until am 6
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#48 Posted: 05:33:06 21/12/2014
Will target have the light and dark tomorrow?
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#49 Posted: 05:39:34 21/12/2014
Just picked up light and dark packs from toys r us in hamburg New York midnight release here
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#50 Posted: 05:45:13 21/12/2014
I am guessing that Target will not have them tomorrow, but they might. The Targets in my area have been all over the board with what they got. Each store got something from Wave 3, but none of the stores I went to has more than two parts of wave 3. One had the minis and the traps. Another had the traps and the trap masters. Another had the cores and the traps. The workers at Target said the boxes were being delivered by FedEx. I found it interesting that Toys R Us has the Light Pack in this week's ad, but no Dark Pack. Trail Blazer and Cobra Cadabra are also in the ad, but no Trap Masters. I also never received a Hot Toy Alert which I fully expected. The only other person there tonight was a woman and her son. I convinced her to buy Blastermind. I still have no idea why Blastermind only comes 3 to a box.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me