Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Ratchet & Clank Topic: R.Y.N.O
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
All-Purpose Ratchet & Clank Topic: R.Y.N.O
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5739
#1 Posted: 14:14:56 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Greetings, and welcome to the All-Purpose Ratchet & Clank Topic!
[Topic is currently a work in progress, so please excuse the... mess?]
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
Edited 15 times - Last edited at 21:34:44 08/02/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#2 Posted: 00:01:47 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
So, are we talking about news for the new game only, or are we including the movie too?

Both, as well as any other news regarding the series. smilie
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8493
#3 Posted: 01:51:49 21/02/2015
So I will shamelessly bump this rather than making a new topic since some minor details related to the production areas of the movie and PS4 game have made themselves known. ^.^;

First off, Kevin Michael Richardson will NOT be reprising his role as Chairman Drek for the movie and game. He confirmed it on his Twitter that Drek is getting the Hollywood VA treatment. This adds to the redesign Drek is receiving, as well as comments from writer TJ Fixman that Drek will have some differences this time around.

Speaking of TJ Fixman, he also confirmed that, in spite of the fact that he left Insomniac Games last year, he will be working on the script for the PS4 game. So if you liked the writing in the PS3 Ratchet games, rejoice!

Lastly, in the music department, Michael Bross confirmed on his Twitter that he will be composing the game's soundtrack. This would be his fourth Ratchet & Clank score, having also done the music for All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault, and Into the Nexus. No word on who's going to be responsible for the music in the movie, but here's hoping they can capture that sci-fi style the series has been known for.

That's all I got. Everyone's been suspiciously quiet about the whole ordeal. Which is... interesting, considering Ratchet & Clank is supposed to be one of Sony's flagship franchises. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5433
#4 Posted: 03:36:34 21/02/2015
*cries because I only have PS2 and lost Going Commando*
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#5 Posted: 14:37:00 21/02/2015
Apparently, the movie is finished, because the Facebook page mentions test screenings in the coming weeks. But, again, Insomniac is maintaining firm radio science on the game. Again, it's interesting, because you'd think Sony would want to market this a lot. <.<;
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6414
#6 Posted: 19:29:57 21/02/2015
I really hope the new game will be of the same quality (or as close as possible) as the Future saga. A Crack in Time was such a great game and I would rank it as one of the best of the entire series. I enjoyed the story so much and the space exploration was a great addition to the series.

However, I didn't particularly enjoy the North Carolina developed games that came out after it. I appreciated the new ideas for the franchise but I just didn't seem like them very much. Nexus was pretty good though, a nice little follow up to the Future trilogy.
#7 Posted: 16:51:02 13/05/2015
*shocks topic with an AED*

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...-goodman-795274

The Cannes Film Festival is starting up, with the R&C movie apparently getting screened. Ahead of the screening, it's been announced (and tweeted by Insomniac) that Paul Giamatti, John Goodman, Rosario Dawson, and Sylvester Stallone are a part of the voice cast for the film, joining James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet), David Kaye (Clank), Jim Ward (Qwark), Armin Shimerman (Dr. Nefarious), and supposedly Michael Bell (Lawrence) from the actual games.

Giamatti is Chairman Drek
John Goodman is Grimroth
Rosario Dawson is Elaris
Sylvester Stallone is Victor

Those last 3 are new for the move, t'would seem. <.<
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:59 13/05/2015 by HIR
skylandersspyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2903
#8 Posted: 19:00:28 13/05/2015
The movie has been delayed to 2016 http://www.ign.com/articles/20...dded-voice-cast
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#9 Posted: 19:52:54 13/05/2015
^It makes sense, given there's been almost no PR for this movie so far and there's a bunch of big films coming out the rest of the year. Of course, there are some big movies due out next year too. XP
---
#10 Posted: 00:33:45 14/05/2015
http://kylesanimatedworld.blog...-gets.html#more April 29 2016....
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#11 Posted: 05:08:21 14/05/2015
The game was delayed until 2016 as well.

Dang.
#12 Posted: 13:09:56 14/05/2015
Quote: zer0dch
The game was delayed until 2016 as well.

Dang.

I don't mind the delay, except that they picked quite possibly the worst timing of 2016 to go forward with both. Since that's right before the release of Captain America: Civil War. The movie and game stand no chance of competing against Marvel's hype machine. <.<;
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 5831
#13 Posted: 13:28:45 14/05/2015
AGH! D8
---
I'm that one person who loves a particularly underappreciated minor character in a terrible anime no one remembers.
#14 Posted: 22:53:59 14/05/2015
Ryan Schneider's (from Insomniac) response to my mention of the release date on PS Blog:

Quote:
Captain America? Never heard of it.

Oh Insomniac. ^.^;
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3124
#15 Posted: 03:50:45 15/05/2015
i have the original triligy of ratchet and clank i have been playing them since i was 8.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#16 Posted: 10:36:28 15/05/2015
I can't wait for the movie. It's a shame that I have to wait for another year before I can see it but... considering we have had no news, it's probably better this way.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#17 Posted: 16:47:12 10/06/2015

Gameplay after that link
#18 Posted: 17:07:29 10/06/2015
If zer0dch's video doesn't cut it, there's more info on the PS4 game on the PlayStation Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com...age-2/#comments
---
#19 Posted: 17:36:25 10/06/2015
Didn't see APT, sorry.

I cannot not wait for this game. I've loved Ratchet and Clank since the PS2.

Up Your Arsenal is GOAT.
#20 Posted: 17:44:28 10/06/2015
Pre ordering NOW!
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 3950
#21 Posted: 17:57:45 10/06/2015
Admittedly, I've never played a Rachet & Clank game but that trailer makes me want to go back and play all of them. I'm actually really excited for it!
---
"Oh, Brilliant." ~ The Doctor

Visit my guestbook for my Nintendo Switch Friend Code!
#22 Posted: 18:01:57 10/06/2015
Gameplay footage:

Confirmed weapons returning from the Future series include the Combuster, Fusion Grenade/Bomb, Groovitron, Mr. Zurkon, Warmonger/Peacemaker, and the Raptor/Predator Launcher (didn't see that one coming).
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:06:53 10/06/2015 by HIR
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#23 Posted: 18:03:05 10/06/2015
Gonna preorder GET ALL THE WEAPONS!

Also In the topic of Ratchet and Clank more so Secret agent clank what is the best way to pass the banks security.
---
POPSMARTS!
TTD Hunter Gems: 3950
#24 Posted: 22:00:25 10/06/2015
The game looks beautiful! With this and Yooka-Laylee releasing soon, I hope that we are approaching a new era of platformers.
---
"Oh, Brilliant." ~ The Doctor

Visit my guestbook for my Nintendo Switch Friend Code!
#25 Posted: 22:18:30 10/06/2015
Gameplay looks real nice. Although if I had to nitpick, the new HUD for this game feels a bit too FPS-like for my tastes. But that's a small nuance. Hopefully they'll consider putting out the E3 demo on the PSN.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#26 Posted: 05:41:31 11/06/2015
Yesss I can't wait for the new game. I just need to get a PS4 though. >__<

I'm glad that they haven't stuck to Rachet's All 4 one design, since I was never fond of that design lol. To me the new design looks like a mixture between the old and new one, which I can settle with (although my favourite is the Future design and I kind of wish that one stuck instead of being changed again).
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
shadowstarcat Gold Sparx Gems: 2177
#27 Posted: 06:35:15 11/06/2015
I'm gonna buy a PS4 just so I can play this game smilie

I loved the future design as well. But remember, he's younger in the movie than the future series so It makes sense To make him look 'childish'.
He looks really cute though smilie.

Also, I legitimately cried when this was pushed back to 2016. I was so excited...
---
Im a crazy feral vigilante dragon lady
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:24:20 12/06/2015 by shadowstarcat
zetazebrapies Gold Sparx Gems: 2310
#28 Posted: 13:55:28 11/06/2015
Noticing some of the scenery being quite familiar brings a smile on my face. Hopefully the movie will be just as good as the games smilie
#29 Posted: 14:21:54 11/06/2015
Apparently the test screenings back in February and the screening at Cannes went over well. The film team cited "Too many animated movies in 2015" as contributing to the delayed release. <.<
---
#30 Posted: 00:25:26 16/06/2015
Minor bump for new gameplay, of a familiar level.

It's Gaspar!

-Jetpack confirmed to return, functions identically to Into the Nexus. However it now appears to be mapped to the L1 button. It was on the L2 button in ItN, while strafing was mapped to L1 (which was VERY awkward).
-Rail grinding finally makes a return. It last properly appeared in A Crack in Time.
-The Blarg have gotten themselves retooled, quirky personalities akin to the Nefarious Troopers and Thugs-4-Less. That's unmistakably Richard Horvitz (Zim, Kaos, Pollyx from ACiT) as the Blarg Scientist.
-Not entirly sure of this, but I believe the Quick Select confirms the Plasma Striker will return as the game's sniper weapon.
-Video gives a good sampling of the soundtrack. It's new music by Michael Bross (Into the Nexus, Oddworld series).
-The gameplay confirms the statement from Polygon that the events of the game are being told as a flashback with Captain Qwark as the narrator.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:04:28 16/06/2015 by HIR
#31 Posted: 06:16:12 16/06/2015
The animations are looking so smooth! Especially when leaping to another rail and using the jet pack! I'm so excited for this...
---
#32 Posted: 16:55:10 16/06/2015
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Oh, awesome!

Has there been confirmed of any new planets for the game yet, or is it going to be all of the original levels refurbished? I don't mind either way, it's really cool seeing some old places all brand new.

10/10 narrating in this game btw

No confirmation on new levels, but some have seen major overhauls, as the Gaspar demo illustrates. Another example, Planet Batalia now has the winter climate of Planet Hoven (the bomb factory). Also, it appears Umbris (Qwark's HQ) won't be in the game, since the Blargian Snagglebeast is now fought in Nebula G34 instead.
---
#33 Posted: 21:52:21 18/06/2015
This just came into my head! I wonder if Sony will get Neil Flynn to reprise his role as the plumber and Skid McMarx? Also since Dr. Nefarious is in the movie, could he possibly appear in the game? It could be a cameo or an easter egg.
---
I'm that one person who loves a particularly underappreciated minor character in a terrible anime no one remembers.
#34 Posted: 02:24:01 19/06/2015
This is purely speculation, but the new design for the De-Planitizer (the giant **** YOU DEATH LASER Drek plans to blow up Veldin with) fits the archetype of Dr. Nefarious's machines from A Crack in Time (namely the VX-99 and his giant UFOs). So it's possible he may be "working" for Drek in both the movie and game. <.<;

Gameplay segments during E3 confirm the Glove of Doom (from the original & Up Your Arsenal) and the Plasma Striker (from A Crack in Time & Into the Nexus) are returning. Insomniac also confirmed a difficulty select. The gameplay videos for E3 have all been from Easy Mode.

I'll be disappointed if Mr. Zurkon doesn't make a joke or two about the Agents of Doom.
---
#35 Posted: 05:45:19 16/10/2015
NEW INFO!!!
The trailer is finally here!!!!!

It looks bloody amazing smilie
---
#36 Posted: 08:30:37 16/10/2015
^The song used in the trailer is simply awful with annoying high-pitch voice. Doesn't actually give me much faith, especially since it's a movie from Sony, the same corporation behind all those Smurf movies, The Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2, Pixels and the upcoming Angry Birds.
---
#37 Posted: 10:19:47 16/10/2015
I hate the song as well. It's so repetitive and urgh.
But since this movie is in cooperation with insomniac then I believe it will actually be a hit. Think about it, the game is based off this movie which is based off the original game. It's kinda hard to fail with that.
---
#38 Posted: 12:34:30 16/10/2015
Quote: StevemacQ
^The song used in the trailer is simply awful with annoying high-pitch voice. Doesn't actually give me much faith, especially since it's a movie from Sony, the same corporation behind all those Smurf movies, The Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2, Pixels and the upcoming Angry Birds.

Sony's not really involved with the Ratchet & Clank movie other than being the IP owner. It's made by Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Studios (no relation to Sony) and in North America it's being distributed by Focus Features (which is some sort of subdivision of Universal Pictures, not Sony). <.<
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:59 16/10/2015 by HIR
#39 Posted: 17:53:18 16/10/2015
Quote: HIR

Sony's not really involved with the Ratchet & Clank movie other than being the IP owner. It's made by Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Studios (no relation to Sony) and in North America it's being distributed by Focus Features (which is some sort of subdivision of Universal Pictures, not Sony). <.<

But you think Sony Pictures would be involved with an adaptation of a Sony-branded IP.
---
#40 Posted: 21:20:31 16/10/2015
Yeah, you would... but that didn't happen. I mean, Sony doesn't actually DO anything other than own the IP and publish the games. Insomniac created and developed the franchise. They've collaborated on the movie and their former in-house writer did the script.
---
#41 Posted: 00:04:11 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator

The Amazing Spider-Man movies were great. :/
---
#42 Posted: 00:53:32 17/10/2015
At the very least, assuming a lot of the "villain" footage we saw took place inside the new Deplanetizer, I find myself really wanted a Deplanetizer level in the remake. Insomniac said there were going to be some all-new levels, so here's hoping! <.<
---
#43 Posted: 03:22:27 17/10/2015
I've also heard there is a book being made based off the movie as well. Just thought I should say.
---
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me