Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Light Expansion Toys are here (US) in hand!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Light Expansion Toys are here (US) in hand! [CLOSED]
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#101 Posted: 19:56:24 16/12/2014
Quote: PlayableMoogle
Quote: Chaotic Lunacy
Quote: PlayableMoogle

Awesome pictures and all of that, but it's strange that you only showed the Light set, which is what everyone else has shown. Can you show pictures of the dark set, too?

Sorry only got the light packs in so far.

Is it your understanding that the Dark packs will also arrive before Christmas, or no?

Why would GameMaster78 say they were packed 3 & 3 when everyone else has said otherwise?

This is the million dollar question ATM...

I have more explanation in a thread in the other forum (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...c=111429&page=4), but the makeup of these boxes says a lot about what is being released right now.

I have heard several reports that the level pack boxes that TRU has sitting in the back of stores say "W3" and have only the light level pack in them. The reason the "W3" designation is important, is that boxes of Skylanders share a common SKU/identifying number. For level packs that number is ACT87109. Generally, all waves have the exact same figures in each box. For Wave 1, the boxes of the Nightmare Express packs were marked "87109" and "W1;" for Wave 2 the Mirror of Mystery boxes were marked "87109" and "W2."

This has been consistent with Activision's releases of level/battle packs in previous games, which is to release one at a time with the Wave release schedule.

If the boxes at TRU (1) are marked "W3," and (2) contain only Light Level Packs, I suspect that Activision is currently shipping only light packs in the US. As far as I can tell from Activision's catalog, there is no separate SKU for the light and dark packs. If the light and dark level packs are shipping in separate boxes, the dark pack boxes would need a separate identifier to be able to tell them apart from the boxes of light packs. My theory is that the dark packs will be marked "87109" and "W4."

It is entirely possible that the light packs are being shipped as part of W3 and the dark as part of W4, with a small early promotional shipment of the W4 dark packs to TRU to get everyone worked up into a frenzy looking for them just before Christmas. If that is the case, we may not see them in stores in any reasonable number until late-February or early-March.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:55 16/12/2014 by BP
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#102 Posted: 19:56:33 16/12/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

Fair point, but isn't it possible this was from Germany or another country? How do we know where it came from?
#103 Posted: 19:57:17 16/12/2014

Yes, but that could have been one of the ones ordered from Amazon.de...
#104 Posted: 20:01:11 16/12/2014
I should also say that by "heard" I mean on this forum. I have no inside information regarding what is in the boxes (which is why I am asking smilie )...
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#105 Posted: 20:24:57 16/12/2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE STICKERS!!!!!! I KNEW THEY WOULD HAVE STICKERS!

Knight Light looks so epic
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#106 Posted: 20:26:20 16/12/2014
the one in the picture has a US peg. if it came from .de then it would have a awkward looking UK peg.
#107 Posted: 20:31:54 16/12/2014
the one in the picture has a US peg. if it came from .de then it would have a awkward looking UK peg.

The listing over there doesn't show the awkward peg...

http://www.amazon.de/Skylander...skylanders+dark
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#108 Posted: 20:34:03 16/12/2014
Quote: BP

The listing over there doesn't show the awkward peg...

http://www.amazon.de/Skylander...skylanders+dark

because they do not use those on stock images
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#109 Posted: 20:36:34 16/12/2014
Guys, I told you I bought these last night. Light and Dark are both out.

Think about it, though. Most of my local TRU's got in 3 boxes of six. Why would they only send... let's say... 2 boxes of Light and 1 box of Dark?

Think about how Triple Packs and Adventure Pack assortments have been in the past. 3 of Triple Pack 1, 3 of Triple Pack 2. You guys are only quoting what's been happening since Swap Force.

I'm telling you, or am willing to bet you that the contents of the Skylanders Trap Team Elemental Pack is 3 Light and 3 Dark, and that's without physically going to pick up my Light and Dark packs (had to have my mother pick mine up due to a certain situation that's too crazy to even mention).

Bout to fire these two new levels up. Destiny took too much of my time last night. But, yeah. Both are out, not just Light, and people know I always give good info when I stumble across it.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#110 Posted: 20:36:56 16/12/2014
Here are a couple box pics.
Each box has 6 light packs no dark ones.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:45:59 16/12/2014 by Chaotic Lunacy
#111 Posted: 20:41:11 16/12/2014
welp, looks like no dark until 2015. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:37 16/12/2014 by ZapNorris
#112 Posted: 20:45:39 16/12/2014
That is perfect Chaotic! Thanks so much! Calling to see why they aren't in my catalog yet.
#113 Posted: 20:46:43 16/12/2014
Counting on Chaotic Lunacy's information and hoping for GameMaster78's, then. smilie
#114 Posted: 20:47:18 16/12/2014
That is perfect Chaotic! Thanks so much! Calling to see why they aren't in my catalog yet.

Amen. Many thanks.
Cazper8771 Green Sparx Gems: 268
#115 Posted: 20:50:29 16/12/2014
My tru said they have both hopefully there both released on the 21st
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#116 Posted: 20:50:38 16/12/2014
Quote: GameMaster78

Think about it, though. Most of my local TRU's got in 3 boxes of six. Why would they only send... let's say... 2 boxes of Light and 1 box of Dark?

Think about how Triple Packs and Adventure Pack assortments have been in the past. 3 of Triple Pack 1, 3 of Triple Pack 2. You guys are only quoting what's been happening since Swap Force.

I'm telling you, or am willing to bet you that the contents of the Skylanders Trap Team Elemental Pack is 3 Light and 3 Dark, and that's without physically going to pick up my Light and Dark packs (had to have my mother pick mine up due to a certain situation that's too crazy to even mention).

Bout to fire these two new levels up. Destiny took too much of my time last night. But, yeah. Both are out, not just Light, and people know I always give good info when I stumble across it.

where do you live in america
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#117 Posted: 20:52:31 16/12/2014

Think about it, though. Most of my local TRU's got in 3 boxes of six. Why would they only send... let's say... 2 boxes of Light and 1 box of Dark?...

Because that is what Activision does every single year with TRU. Last year they sent TRU a limited number "W4" lightcore boxes with Lightcore Bumbleblast a month before they shipped them to anyone else. They do it to (1) allow TRU to say that they get all the figures first (even though first really means limited promotional shipments), and (2) to get everyone running around like crazy to all the stores looking for them (because there is only a limited number, and they run out quickly).
#118 Posted: 20:53:14 16/12/2014
Zap that's not true at all. I got my Dark from a local TRU last night. I might have been mistaken about the contents of each box, but the fact stands that both are out.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

And incase peeps are being greedy with the info, that receipt pic has the ACCURATE UPC numbers. Good luck.

EDIT: I live in OKC. I had no idea these were street dated, though, until a friend of mine couldn't pick them up today, despite the fact I was able to. What I want to know is, are the new Trap Masters coming out this Sunday too?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:40 16/12/2014 by GameMaster78
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#119 Posted: 20:56:20 16/12/2014
But the employee SAID that each box only has light, and as you can see from Chaotic Lunacy's pictures, it does only contain light.
---
Dead
#120 Posted: 20:59:03 16/12/2014
Whatever the case may be, both are still out, be it in separate boxes or not. Not only did I get mine last night, so did my neighbor across the street. We are both owners of the Light/Dark packs in the US (I'm sure we're not the only ones).
---
#121 Posted: 21:04:26 16/12/2014
Quote: mega spyro
But the employee SAID that each box only has light, and as you can see from Chaotic Lunacy's pictures, it does only contain light.

I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't both right: As I have said, I could see Activision shipping out boxes of Light Packs as part of Wave 3, along with a limited number of promotional boxes of Dark Packs to TRU (that will quickly run out and then be re-released as part of Wave 4).

Activision needs to save some figures to release in February/March right before Easter season. If they are releasing the Light packs in bulk now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them hold off shipping the bulk of the Darks Packs until W4.

I don't know anything for sure, but to someone who has sold Skylanders for several years and watched Activision and TRU and other stores inventories like a hawk, it just makes sense to me.
#122 Posted: 21:07:07 16/12/2014
Zap that's not true at all. I got my Dark from a local TRU last night. I might have been mistaken about the contents of each box, but the fact stands that both are out.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

And incase peeps are being greedy with the info, that receipt pic has the ACCURATE UPC numbers. Good luck.

EDIT: I live in OKC. I had no idea these were street dated, though, until a friend of mine couldn't pick them up today, despite the fact I was able to. What I want to know is, are the new Trap Masters coming out this Sunday too?

Hey I'm gonna try to get one of
My tru to sell them to me would u be able to take a pic that shows the store name.
#123 Posted: 21:09:38 16/12/2014
I got them from TRU. I could take a pic if you want to see the name TRU up top, but it'd be a bit. Currently busy doing something right fast.
---
#124 Posted: 21:10:23 16/12/2014
Whatever the case may be, both are still out, be it in separate boxes or not. Not only did I get mine last night, so did my neighbor across the street. We are both owners of the Light/Dark packs in the US (I'm sure we're not the only ones).

GM,

To clarify, I don't think anyone is doubting that you have one. Personally, I am just trying to determine whether the dark packs are really being released as part of W3, or whether this is one of the small promotional shipments that TRU gets.

"Out" does not always mean out. For example, people were able to buy a handful of W3 Trap Master and core figures at TRU several weeks ago. However, 95% of Skylanders fans can't find them because Wave 3 hasn't really started yet (I expect it to start any day now). What happened, as often happens, is that Activison sent TRU a limited run of the next wave early.
#125 Posted: 21:24:27 16/12/2014
I got them from TRU. I could take a pic if you want to see the name TRU up top, but it'd be a bit. Currently busy doing something right fast.

Yea that would be great if u could thanks in advance
#126 Posted: 21:27:26 16/12/2014

GM,

To clarify, I don't think anyone is doubting that you have one. Personally, I am just trying to determine whether the dark packs are really being released as part of W3, or whether this is one of the small promotional shipments that TRU gets.

"Out" does not always mean out. For example, people were able to buy a handful of W3 Trap Master and core figures at TRU several weeks ago. However, 95% of Skylanders fans can't find them because Wave 3 hasn't really started yet (I expect it to start any day now). What happened, as often happens, is that Activison sent TRU a limited run of the next wave early.

Who bought wave 3 trap masters and cores they were never released not even limited quantities. If so I'm sure someone here or other sites would have posted about it. Media ppl were sent some from activision and some came out across seas but that's it. Correct me someone if I'm wrong!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:10 16/12/2014 by Cazper8771
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#127 Posted: 21:44:55 16/12/2014
Quote: Cazper8771

Yea that would be great if u could thanks in advance

I also confirm that it's a TRU receipt
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#128 Posted: 21:45:07 16/12/2014
My local Toys R Us says they have both. The worker specifically stated that they are Knight Light and Night Mare without me saying anything. He said they are street dated. I told him that they are not register locked and that others are purchasing them. He said that he is going to check at the register now. Just showed me both of them. They, however, are register locked. Probably, Activision or corporate Toys R Us found out that some stores were selling them already, so they added the register lock. They do come six to a box and they are in separate boxes. My store only got two boxes of each, so only 12 of each total. I saw the boxes and the contents with my own two eyes, as well. They do look beautiful in person.
#129 Posted: 21:52:59 16/12/2014
Quote: Cazper8771

Who bought wave 3 trap masters and cores they were never released not even limited quantities. If so I'm sure someone here or other sites would have posted about it. Media ppl were sent some from activision and some came out across seas but that's it. Correct me someone if I'm wrong!!!

I may be wrong about the Wave 3 pre-release, Caz...I recall reading that people had been able to find and buy Wave 3 figures, but that may have been from abroad or I may just be mistaken. I know that some of the W3 figures have been features in various stores' ads.

However, my point is the same either way. TRU got a run of Trap Team W2 figures a couple of weeks before I could order them from the factory and before you saw them at Walmart or Target. The same was true last year with Swap Force waves 2, 3, 4, 4.5, and 5. I regularly shake my local TRU down for information about when waves are shipping and what is in the boxes. My experience is that TRU often recieves a limited shipment of a wave in advance, followed by a lull, followed by the floodgates and shipments to everyone.

It is tricky for me because Activision won't tell me what they are sending me, so I have to try to guess when the warehouse switches to shipping the new wave when placing orders so that I can try to stock the new figures.
#130 Posted: 22:29:19 16/12/2014
i'm starting to think that it will be more likely to find light than dark.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#131 Posted: 22:54:12 16/12/2014
Could someone post a pic of the Modnight Museum on the portal? Also does Sunscraper light up?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#132 Posted: 23:12:21 16/12/2014
Are they going to be available at Walmart at all? My closest TRU is over an hour away.
#133 Posted: 23:46:02 16/12/2014
I am pretty sure they will be at all major retail stores. Based on the box info Chaotic provided I called Activision to inquire. They have a special SKU (the one on the box) that applies to BOTH light and dark packs. However, on the label in Chaotic ' s picture there's a separate SKU. They said that is a TRU only number the applies to the promotional shipments and allows TRU to order the light and dark packs individually (which it sounds like other retailers may not be able to do).

I still think Activision may reserve the dark packs for W4, but we will see what starts popping up at retailers next week.

Thanks for the info Chaotic! Activision had hidden the sku, and I wouldn't have been able to order the figures otherwise.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#134 Posted: 00:15:30 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351
Could someone post a pic of the Modnight Museum on the portal? Also does Sunscraper light up?

Here you go again, bud smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:56 17/12/2014 by skylander_chaos
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#135 Posted: 00:56:48 17/12/2014
I can't tell. Is Sunscrapper lighting up or is it just the reflection off the portal?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#136 Posted: 01:04:57 17/12/2014
OMG THAT IS EXPENSIVE. No chance i'm getting them for Christmas.

-after christmas-

MOM, DAD, WERE GOING SHOPPING.
---
Wojima Green Sparx Gems: 374
#137 Posted: 01:15:43 17/12/2014
I ordered mine on amazon.de and just received the shipment email. For me, beats driving around all over town at the crack of dawn, hoping that I get my hands on it. Should have both these and all the wave 3 figures by the end of next week. My wave 3 figures shipped 2 days ago from amazon.it
#138 Posted: 01:18:06 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351
I can't tell. Is Sunscrapper lighting up or is it just the reflection off the portal?

It IS indeed very brightly lit up smilie
---
#139 Posted: 01:28:05 17/12/2014
Can someone show the stickers?

Suncraper Spire looks awesome lit up! Way better then Midnight Museum
---
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#140 Posted: 01:36:51 17/12/2014
Quote: Wojima
I ordered mine on amazon.de and just received the shipment email. For me, beats driving around all over town at the crack of dawn, hoping that I get my hands on it. Should have both these and all the wave 3 figures by the end of next week. My wave 3 figures shipped 2 days ago from amazon.it

I did the same ...
---
chadomac Green Sparx Gems: 350
#141 Posted: 01:52:11 17/12/2014
So the big question Toys R Us is open till 2am saturday will these go on sale at midnight or will it be 7am sunday morning?
#142 Posted: 02:46:15 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

So weird how when laid on backs the activision logo and whatnot is upside down on knight light and not on knight mare.. I have only seen this on a handful of figures in the past.. No biggie, just an observation smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:44 17/12/2014 by skylander_chaos
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#143 Posted: 03:10:46 17/12/2014
They do look cool.. smilie ..and i figured they would include the stickers for the poster...its a lot easyer then making a new poster all filled in...and cheaper..lol. smilie
Well im tapped out...i can't aford anything more till next year....because im sure there will be none there by the time i get my next pay check on the 26th.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#144 Posted: 03:53:54 17/12/2014
FYI - I've found Ka-Boom, Tuff Luck and Blastermind in Target (Pleasant Hill, California). No traps, cores or dark/light from wave 3, only trap masters.
There is other topic about it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:59:37 17/12/2014 by Rom713
#145 Posted: 03:58:24 17/12/2014
It's OT, but Activision just added the light and dark elements and some items to the Lost Islands mobile game.
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#146 Posted: 04:22:26 17/12/2014
Quote: Sivadreamer
I'd like to use some very strong language about the service at TRU...but I'll resist because of kids. I called with the expansion UPC numbers, and got nothing but a hard time. Every store gives different info, and myself and a lot of other Skylander fans are getting annoyed at the Skylander system of releases.

This is exactly why we need a big box we can buy with all the next series' figures so we don't have to go through this hassle and BS... ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
#147 Posted: 04:25:58 17/12/2014
My tru confirmed some boxes wit all light and some 50/50
#148 Posted: 04:43:03 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
^ Yep! My TRU only got 4 dark sets, and about 40+ light sets..
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#149 Posted: 05:44:50 17/12/2014
I know you all are excited & this rush will die down in several weeks, but is anyone else disgusted by the $31.99 price tag on these? $25 should have been the max on these. I can see this opening a whole can of worms and $30+ being the norm for adventure and expansion packs from now on until Activision drives the franchise into the grave. These pricing decisions drive parents away from the franchise faster. This is greed to pad the pockets of Activision executives. I know my ramblings won't stop anybody from running out to buy these on Sunday, but anybody see eye to eye with me on this?
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#150 Posted: 05:49:13 17/12/2014
I do, but honestly TRU usually has a sale nearly every week so I'm hoping for the same come Sunday to knock that price down significantly when you buy both packs. BOGO 40% would be great. I never pay full price for Skylanders, even if I have to price match it down to their sale the following week.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me