darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Dark & Light Pack with TRAP MASTERS GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Dark & Light Pack with TRAP MASTERS GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!
NightShade Red Sparx Gems: 61
#201 Posted: 00:09:18 17/12/2014
Yeah me too! I'm in it!
---
smilie I am Nightshade! The evil ruler of darkness! Dark shall rule the other elements! MUWHAHAHA! smilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#202 Posted: 00:15:13 17/12/2014
Quote: NightShade
Yeah me too! I'm in it!

smilie Yes you are but you will never win!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#203 Posted: 00:16:10 17/12/2014
Knight Mare: TAKE HIM DOWWWWNNN!

Blackout: Eh imma leave that to you.

Knight Mare: smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#204 Posted: 00:27:22 17/12/2014
smilie Go Knight Light! Too bad I'm probily not in the videosmilie
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#205 Posted: 02:56:49 17/12/2014
Quote: Luminous35
Knight Mare: TAKE HIM DOWWWWNNN!

Blackout: Eh imma leave that to you.

Knight Mare: smilie

smilie is wave 4

EDIT: really dark still no light and dark smilies
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:00 17/12/2014 by blackout3000
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#206 Posted: 04:18:55 17/12/2014
Here is my playthrough on Midnight Museum. If it gets taken down/blocked by AdRev, I'll get it fixed by contacting their website.

Edit -
Seriously, the last three letters of the youtube link are forum censored. Had to use a different url link.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:18:50 17/12/2014 by Aura24
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#207 Posted: 04:50:46 17/12/2014
Aura24 How much where they?
#208 Posted: 05:18:08 17/12/2014
$31.99
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#209 Posted: 05:25:02 17/12/2014
^ did you get both already? Or are you waiting on a package?
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#210 Posted: 05:32:52 17/12/2014
I only got Midnight Musuem at the store at the time. Getting the other tomorrow.
---
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#211 Posted: 10:59:48 17/12/2014
Did the boxing show spotlight and blackout?
---
POPSMARTS!
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#212 Posted: 11:17:33 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 19 MIDNIGHT MUSEUM:

All Evolved Light & Dark Villains:
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:19:13 17/12/2014 by Buuzer
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#213 Posted: 15:53:46 17/12/2014
Yay!!!!!!
#214 Posted: 16:00:58 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Legendary Gargoyle:

Chapter 19 Light Gates:

Knight Light's Soul Gem Location:

All Light & Dark Soul Gems Preview:

Luminous Quest:
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#215 Posted: 16:01:42 17/12/2014
Midnight Museum is 16 minutes of gameplay? I think I can afford my 900 risque call now.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#216 Posted: 16:14:09 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
^ I only recorded the level without collectables, It tooks me 30 minutes at beginning.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#217 Posted: 16:21:20 17/12/2014
luminous is OP confirmed

and maybe slightly gender confused.
#218 Posted: 16:37:40 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Kaos Vs Nightshade:
---
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#219 Posted: 16:42:36 17/12/2014
Quote: Buuzer
Kaos Vs Nightshade:

Oooo, when I get that pack, I want to do that.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#220 Posted: 16:47:49 17/12/2014
^ I only recorded the level without collectables, It tooks me 30 minutes at beginning.

Thanks. That appears to be TfB's sweet spot.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#221 Posted: 17:25:09 17/12/2014
Oh man, these light and dark Skylanders are going to be so overrated....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#222 Posted: 18:57:03 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I think these packs will be rare in the future...
---
#223 Posted: 19:08:28 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Kaos Vs Luminous:

Luminous Gameplay:
---
#224 Posted: 19:16:46 17/12/2014
I think these packs will be rare in the future...

Well, all of these toys are never around long term. Specific reasons why you state what usually happens?
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#225 Posted: 19:54:53 17/12/2014
Don't bother, collectibles that could become collectibles, invariably get stored away to the point that they never actually accrue any REAL value. You may have value over a year or two - like Ghost Roaster, but long term, you most likely will lose out on the investment.
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#226 Posted: 20:53:00 17/12/2014
Toys/comics become collectible when not a lot are made or parents start throwing them away years down the road. If something is identified as "collectible" when it is released, it probably will never be so. Particularly if it is mass marketed in large numbers. People don't throw away "collectible" things. They throw away Action comics No. 1 70 years ago because they don't want to hang onto that "junk" after they grow up. I picked up a "Death of Superman" issue early nineties while picking up my roommate's comics and every single person in the long line was buying a poly bag with the issue. That one store sold a couple hundred copies of that one issue. There are maybe a dozen or so copies of Action Comics No. 1 out there at the moment, which is why it prices in the hundreds of thousands. That "Death of Superman" issue will never have real value. Because everyone was going to keep it in pristine condition.

Same is true with Skylanders. Some may have increased value, particularly ones from early on like Boomer and Ghost Roaster, but there are thousands of those out there, and people recognize them as "collectible". Anyone picturing retirement off their Skylanders collection better have a backup plan.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:18 17/12/2014 by defpally
#227 Posted: 21:32:39 17/12/2014
Quote: defpally
Toys/comics become collectible when not a lot are made or parents start throwing them away years down the road. If something is identified as "collectible" when it is released, it probably will never be so. Particularly if it is mass marketed in large numbers. People don't throw away "collectible" things. They throw away Action comics No. 1 70 years ago because they don't want to hang onto that "junk" after they grow up. I picked up a "Death of Superman" issue early nineties while picking up my roommate's comics and every single person in the long line was buying a poly bag with the issue. That one store sold a couple hundred copies of that one issue. There are maybe a dozen or so copies of Action Comics No. 1 out there at the moment, which is why it prices in the hundreds of thousands. That "Death of Superman" issue will never have real value. Because everyone was going to keep it in pristine condition.

Same is true with Skylanders. Some may have increased value, particularly ones from early on like Boomer and Ghost Roaster, but there are thousands of those out there, and people recognize them as "collectible". Anyone picturing retirement off their Skylanders collection better have a backup plan.

Another instance I wish we had a |Like| button.

Yeah I had a Superman 75 in polybag w/ card, and I had the resurrection series. Pssshhh. You said it best, anything that says collectible turns out to be the opposite. People think of the toys of yesteryear that are worth something, it's because as you mentioned, they were super limited back THEN due to either technical failure or series failure, or it was prone to being tossed, as it's value at the time looked to be nil.

I've watched the value of Skylander's closely, I had gotten into reselling for a bit, I've gotten lucky a few times, and I have 8 'crystal McQueens' that I can't "give away" in my office - other times. When trying to make money with this series, its all about timing or scarcity. You got an employee exclusive...MONEY. Legendary? PSSSHHHH. I've got an extra Kaos trap, it's worth $50+ right now, but in a few months, I'm guessing Wave 4, it's value will flatline. The dark series kaos? No one will care 5 years from now.
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#228 Posted: 22:07:12 17/12/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
I've watched the value of Skylander's closely, I had gotten into reselling for a bit, I've gotten lucky a few times, and I have 8 'crystal McQueens' that I can't "give away" in my office - other times. When trying to make money with this series, its all about timing or scarcity. You got an employee exclusive...MONEY. Legendary? PSSSHHHH. I've got an extra Kaos trap, it's worth $50+ right now, but in a few months, I'm guessing Wave 4, it's value will flatline. The dark series kaos? No one will care 5 years from now.
- Unreall

The thing is, the best way to score a profit is to either have something that isn't widely available yet or to have something that became unexpectedly rare. Typically it is the more common ones that you see loads of but eventually dry up because they aren't in later shipments. But that is a guessing game. You could pick a common one now, but it may or may not be in a later wave shipment. Magna Charge is rare now, but Zoo Lou isn't. Jawbreaker may end up rare, or he may not. When you are trying to get ahead of the game you are depending on guesswork - if it were predictable it's probably not going to be worth much or hard to find from day one.

I kind of laugh when I see people scarfing up multiples of variants as if they will become rare. All you are doing is telling them "we want more of those" which Activision is more than happy to oblige, variants have become ridiculously easy to find many times with release dates and at all stores. People didn't want more Boomers, or Darklight Crypt/Ghost Roaster - they littered shelves for months. Activision also obliged by not making more. Chase variants, by their very nature, are still highly desired because you could never just go buy one at will. Look at it this way, if it is easy to get, it's probably not going to be worth anything unless you guess correctly - we simply don't have the "Mom throwing them away" factor that will make common things hard to find. At best you can hope Activision never makes anymore, but if you can accurately predict things like that you might want to head to Vegas because predicting the future is going to be much more lucrative there.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#229 Posted: 23:37:03 17/12/2014
So it is confirmed these will be available Sunday at Toys r Us right?
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#230 Posted: 00:01:13 18/12/2014
Quote: JetVac96

Pretty much yes.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#231 Posted: 00:01:46 18/12/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: JetVac96

Pretty much yes.

I HOPE
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#232 Posted: 00:04:43 18/12/2014
Yes... It's street dated for the 21st. I think I read somewhere that even though some boxes say "light" It will have some dark.
---
Dead
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#233 Posted: 11:55:43 18/12/2014
I'm still waiting for a light and dark gate video I've seen the monster March one and it's a pinball game inside a building or somthing it does not fit well
---
POPSMARTS!
#234 Posted: 13:13:24 18/12/2014
Is it street dated the 21st 'everywhere'? (got Target gift card *shrug*) or is it a TRU exclusive?
- Unreall
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#235 Posted: 14:56:56 18/12/2014
I hope not. I'm checking my local TRU today, in hopes that they have it on shelves or at least get it out of the back, and hopefully lifting the register lock if there is one. It probably won't happen, but no harm in trying, right?
#236 Posted: 16:47:20 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Eye Scream Quest:

Eye Five Quest:
---
#237 Posted: 17:01:53 18/12/2014
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I hope not. I'm checking my local TRU today, in hopes that they have it on shelves or at least get it out of the back, and hopefully lifting the register lock if there is one. It probably won't happen, but no harm in trying, right?

Well I'm also wondering - are they putting out Wave 3 on Sunday ALSO, or is the lock JUST on the Light/Dark?
- Unreall
skylanderaddik Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#238 Posted: 00:20:46 19/12/2014
I got them today going to do a review her in a bit. They are awesome!
---
Check out my sites: skylanderaddictsblog.com, facebook.com/skylanderaddicts, twitter.com/skylanderaddict, instagram@skylanderaddicts
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#239 Posted: 03:02:44 19/12/2014
Just one question. Which of the Light and Dark toys should I use to unlock two new elements; the Trap Masters, Adventure Pack figures, or the crystal Traps?
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#240 Posted: 03:10:06 19/12/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Just one question. Which of the Light and Dark toys should I use to unlock two new elements; the Trap Masters, Adventure Pack figures, or the crystal Traps?

The Adventure Pack figures, since your basically opening a new world both ways
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#241 Posted: 04:06:07 19/12/2014

Watch out. I hear the new Star Wars comic sold 1,000,000 copies. Pick one up, I'm SURE it will be collectible 20 years down the road smilie
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#242 Posted: 04:09:31 19/12/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Watch out. I hear the new Star Wars comic sold 1,000,000 copies. Pick one up, I'm SURE it will be collectible 20 years down the road smilie

because Star Wars is and always will be a money maker
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#243 Posted: 13:31:12 19/12/2014
Yeah but a million copies of something in this day and age, of something that a lot of people collect, means a large number of those copies will stored and in good condition, meaning they won't REALLY go up in value.
- Unreall
#244 Posted: 19:31:08 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Knight Mare Top Path:

Knight Light Top Path:
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#245 Posted: 23:33:34 19/12/2014
When I checked out the evolved forms of the Light and Dark Villains, I have different opinions for each:

1) Eye Scream - Meh. I always hated her.
2) Fisticuffs - Nothing special. His new color schemes are the same as the rest of his fellow Evilikin Villains like Shield Shredder, Scrap Shooter, and Krankenstrike.
3) Tae Kwon Crow - Definitely looks better in blue than red. Can hardly wait to play this Dark Villain.
4) Nightshade - I like his original color schemes better than the green one.
5) Eye Five - Looks way better in green than pink to avoid confusion of his gender. Honestly, his quest is insanely longer than others'.
6) Blaster-Tron - I love his new color schemes more than his old one. Reminds me of Tae Kwon Crow's evolved form, and cannot wait to play this Light Villain.
7) Lob Goblin - I like the blue magnet better.
8) Luminous - At least his shiny blue armory, cape and headgear.
#246 Posted: 15:10:21 20/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Dark & Light Turrets in Kaos Mode:
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#247 Posted: 21:48:58 22/12/2014
Buuzer, how do you get like the images for your videos

[User Posted Image]

I don't know how to get those for my videos!
Mine doesn't give me the option.

[User Posted Image]
Note: For the title of my video i did the thing that Aura does if thats ok with her.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#248 Posted: 23:48:15 22/12/2014
Quote: skylandersspyro
Quote: GhostRoaster

because Star Wars is and always will be a money maker

I was trying to prove the point that some things are rubber stamped "collectible" even noted as such. It is especially when this happens is when you run to the hills. People started to take care of comics commonly around 1970 or so, with only those folks who saved them during the golden and silver age really cashing in. Everything since then is very much a crapshoot. However, if you had saved Walking Dead #1 from ten years ago your return is quite handsome...but again...as defpally says...this is literally a pin in a haystack occurrence.

Hence...when it comes to "collecting"...buy what you like...stay within budget...and then everything else (like value) is secondary.
---
#249 Posted: 07:29:32 23/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Luminous35
Buuzer, how do you get like the images for your videos

[User Posted Image]

I don't know how to get those for my videos!
Mine doesn't give me the option.

[User Posted Image]
Note: For the title of my video i did the thing that Aura does if thats ok with her.

You need to be a Youtube Partner if you want to use a preview image for your videos smilie
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#250 Posted: 11:47:13 23/12/2014
Quote: Deja Vu
Quote: Drek95
Just curious about a few Light and Dark related things:

- do the Light and Dark symbols appear on the spinning statues of the Academy?
- do Light and Dark characters unlock special turrets for the Kaos Doom Challenge?
- does the Portal lights up with two new different colors, when using Knight Mare, Knight Light and the two traps?

Thanks! smilie

Those are some interesting questions, now I want to know too

Well, now I can answer them myself, if anybody is interested:

- the Light and Dark symbols appear on the spinning statues of the Academy.
- the Light and Dark characters do unlock new turrets, for the Kaos Doom Challenge (thanks for the video answer, Buuzer). Haven't tried the Light one yet, but the Dark turret is quite powerful.
- the Portal does light up with two new colors. Dark is dark purple and I suspect Light is light yellow (no puns intended...).
Another reason why we had to get a new Portal. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me