Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > something my sister pointed out
Page 1 of 1
something my sister pointed out [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#1 Posted: 19:47:03 12/12/2014 | Topic Creator
We were playing YOTD the other day and my sister goes, "If Hunter is 26 when he and Bianca get together, isn't he a bit old for her?" (We're guessing Bianca's around 14/15/16.)

Thoughts?

my sister will see this so be nice k thnx
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:27 12/12/2014 by Jaggedstar
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 21:04:35 12/12/2014
With a bust that size, Bianca is soooo not a teenager. o_o I always figured she was around Hunter's age, maybe a year or two younger at most.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#3 Posted: 22:33:28 12/12/2014
Since we have no exact knowledge about the legislation about age of consent in Dragon Realms, there is no definitive way to give a precise judgment on this matter. To my knowledge there is not existing canonical evidence of Bianca’s age but based on the tone of her voice, appearance and ethical backbone, one could say that she is a young woman in her early adulthood which is an okay age for dating in any of our legal systems considering the matter.

On the other hand can we do such easy judgments on Hunter’s age either? I mean that of course he gives away his birth date in one of Gateway to Glimmer’s cutscenes when he provides the code for the superportal. The number, he said, was 22475. So can we just say that it can be interpreted as 22nd of April 1975? Of course it can be one possible interpretation when we assume that Dragon Realms work the same Gregorian calendar system like we do. Who knows if Dragon Realms and the universe where Spyro lives have extremely different system for the things to work in time and in everything in general? Of course since we have no indisputable factual data on this, we are left to wonder.

The main point in this case is that it all boils down to the vast world of interpretation. I have chosen to think after this little thinking process of mine that they (Hunter and Bianca) are most probably in the age gap suitable for each other and why wouldn’t they be? It is eventually a family game and therefore promoting some unethical romantic interactions would be bad for business; a true potential public relations catastrophe one could proclaim. Of course if we want to be boring, we could say that they are two fictional creatures in magical fantasy universe where magic and wonders make everything possible and alright but this would make the whole discussion highly uninteresting.

Maybe I’m overthinking this but who cares. In the end I want to say that this situation’s ethical conundrums are up for the people’s interpretations. Just think, pick the version of the story that amuses you the best and roll with it until you get bored. So there you are.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#4 Posted: 23:01:31 12/12/2014
Honestly, I don't think Insomniac games, an American company, is going to create any characters that violate severe US laws like age of consent. Bianca is pretty obviously an adult by her behavior, voice, and physiology.
#5 Posted: 10:15:17 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator
We were just wondering because the Sorceress always refers to her as a child. Thanks for the answers smilie @Project_Unnamed my sister says "I like that idea of magic making everything possible, tell that guy he's awesome!) (She's nine.)
---
oh my god
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx [online] Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 11:43:01 13/12/2014
Well, if your villain is several hundred years old, probably even a 30-ish-year old is a child to them. If they were closer to each other in age it'd be a thing to wonder about, but it's a common thing to have your mysterious super old sorcerer refer to people as children, boasting about both how more experienced and smarter he is.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 20:24:50 13/12/2014
^ Yes, this. The Sorceress is so old that she is the reason dragon kind doesn't know about half of their own planet.
#8 Posted: 12:23:34 14/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Well, if your villain is several hundred years old, probably even a 30-ish-year old is a child to them. If they were closer to each other in age it'd be a thing to wonder about, but it's a common thing to have your mysterious super old sorcerer refer to people as children, boasting about both how more experienced and smarter he is.

You're right; I never thought of that

Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I didn't even know that Hunter was 26 years old. smilie

In Gateway to Glimmer, in the cutscene where Elora explains how Ripto got into Avalar, Hunter puts "22475" in the superportal and says "That's my birthday". So he would have been 25 in 1999 and 26 in 2000, in the Year of the Dragon. smilie
---
oh my god
#9 Posted: 21:54:52 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar
I didn't even know that Hunter was 26 years old. smilie

In Gateway to Glimmer, in the cutscene where Elora explains how Ripto got into Avalar, Hunter puts "22475" in the superportal and says "That's my birthday". So he would have been 25 in 1999 and 26 in 2000, in the Year of the Dragon. smilie

Ohh, I forgot about that part. Clever!

Nah, I think I play Spyro a liiiiittle too much smilie
---
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me