Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Instagram bullies children [CLOSED]
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#51 Posted: 17:32:49 13/12/2014
Quote: Big Green
walter should plant meth at skylanderkids hq to really get them banned

I almost choked on my drink reading this smilie
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 19:26:59 13/12/2014
Quote: Windumup
Quote: Troll Slug
PM'd skylanderkids to see what they say...

Uh they already got linked this when the thread was first made

Even so, I would love to see skydad's "justification" on this. What good would come out of this, besides skydad already being a bully by telling his subscribers to harass a person. Greeaattt role model for the children out there who watch him.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#53 Posted: 20:51:37 13/12/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight
Skydad might be an adult, but he sure doesn't act like one

[User Posted Image]

I don't even understand how SkyKids became so popular. Their content is poor. I hope nobody that watches them takes inspiration from this behaviour.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#54 Posted: 20:52:49 13/12/2014
When will they respond???
#55 Posted: 20:54:18 13/12/2014
Quote: Troll Slug
When will they respond???

I doubt they will. If they don't want to, they don't want to. Still, kind of shows how immature the dad is in this case here.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#56 Posted: 00:25:23 14/12/2014

So I was going to the Skylander Boy and Girl's youtube for some nice videos till I saw this. For those who don't want to watch the whole video here is what happened. The SkylanderB&G had an instagram account which got deleted by a guy named Walter. Walter's reasoning was because the account was being "used" by a child under 13. Which is mostly incorrect seeing as Skylander Dad is the owner of said account and approves of which pictures go up. So guys what do you think of this? I feel like it is pretty unjustified!!

#BooWalter and #Instagrambullieschildren

The bold made my day.

Also, how the **** is it bullying?

How is that hashtag bound in any sort of logic?

Oh yeah, it's NOT. And sending a fanbase after somebody who was probably thinking he was doing good. Way to act out of rage and nothing else, skydad.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#57 Posted: 01:01:45 14/12/2014
To be honest, SkylanderDad didn't deserve to have his Instagram deleted at all, and he should get it back, but what he said in this video really makes him come off as incredibly butthurt.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#58 Posted: 01:43:46 14/12/2014
I'm not a fan of his actions here (as I said before, if it's his account and he's an adult, then how is this an example of "Instagram Bulling Kids"?), but it's not much different than folks on here who get their online BFFs to come to their aid every time someone says something they disagree with? Or who go to tumbler (and other such sites) and post long rants hoping to rally support? Just because he's got more fans than generic you, doesn't make it worse than what generic you do.
#59 Posted: 01:54:19 14/12/2014
Perhaps because SkyDad gets dozens of rewards for his videos, is probably monetising this one and has such a large impact that will inspire people, he should know better and be more responsible. :V Besides, you're saying that like most tumblr rallies have less substance and maturity to their arguments.

But it's mainly because of his impact. Because this is scummy, we should go actively seek out similarly scummy things nobody noticed? No. Just searching for unimportant things to hate, for no greater purpose, isn't good and wastes time. But when you notice something that is wrong like this you're going to call it out.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:01:21 14/12/2014 by Arc of Archives
#60 Posted: 01:59:44 14/12/2014
More of what I'm saying is "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
#61 Posted: 02:02:43 14/12/2014
Yeah, and you're saying it like everyone actively does so, which isn't the case. :/ *throws stone at UncleBob's head*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:34 14/12/2014 by Arc of Archives
#62 Posted: 02:04:52 14/12/2014
Not at all - thus why I highlighted the use of "generic you", indicating that it isn't directed at any individual or group of individuals in particular. =D
#63 Posted: 02:22:52 14/12/2014
Quote:
Just searching for unimportant things to hate, for no greater purpose, isn't good and wastes time. But when you notice something that is wrong like this you're going to call it out.

How many people here notice those or think they're even worth discussing? Why can't we call this particular case out because we actually notice it? And face it, this does have a larger impact than a lot of internet rallies. Sidenote: expecting you to respond with "never said it doesn't" or something, but the point is that impact DOES make this situation different because more people will notice it, and the poor behaviour has a more widespread effect. That's how this is different.
#64 Posted: 02:31:24 14/12/2014
I don't think that someone being better at drawing attention to their "cause" makes their actions better or worse than generic yours.

Again, not saying I much agree with his "cause" or his methods. Just finding it amusing that some folks who resort to nearly the same tactics would decry this guy doing it just because he has more "followers" than they do.

Now I'm going to go rant on tumbler about how horrible you are for disagreeing with me, blow some minor thing you say out of proportions and try and get all my online friends to come here and gang up on you.

Teasing. I don't have a tumbler account. =D
#65 Posted: 02:45:33 14/12/2014
Dude, we're just going to have to agree to disagree, because nothing you said has swayed me and I'm not going to read any more of your posts, because you just seem to be repeating the same points and from my HaS lurking I don't like them. SkyDad knows he has a big impact on the Skylanders community and that what he's doing will lead to more negative things than a small tumblr arguement. That or he's just handled this with incredible ignorance.

That's just my opinion, of course, but one should't have to preface everything with "I think". c:
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#66 Posted: 02:56:14 14/12/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I'm not a fan of his actions here (as I said before, if it's his account and he's an adult, then how is this an example of "Instagram Bulling Kids"?), but it's not much different than folks on here who get their online BFFs to come to their aid every time someone says something they disagree with? Or who go to tumbler (and other such sites) and post long rants hoping to rally support? Just because he's got more fans than generic you, doesn't make it worse than what generic you do.

Omg this so much.
#67 Posted: 02:56:40 14/12/2014
We will have to agree to disagree.

In my opinion, someone engaged in an activity, the "goodness" or "badness" of the activity is not dependent on the level of success obtained by the individual. That's all I'm saying.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#68 Posted: 10:07:53 14/12/2014
His account shouldn't have been deleted as he's obviously an adult.

A lot of you are whining pretty badly about the way he's trying to get his account back when it doesn't really concern you...
#69 Posted: 10:17:37 14/12/2014
Yeah, but he's literally rallying his subscribers against a person who mistook him for being underaged.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#70 Posted: 10:50:05 14/12/2014
There's just bigger issues in the world than a guy who's angry about his IG account being deleted :/
#71 Posted: 10:51:31 14/12/2014
Yeah, but it's still kind of fun to discuss about.
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#72 Posted: 18:17:50 15/12/2014
Did they post pictures from the internet or take their own photos with the Instagram camera? Because IG might have deleted them if they only took photos from online. They're removing spam accounts and clearly don't know the difference between spam and fan accounts.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#73 Posted: 20:15:40 15/12/2014
Skykids bully brain cells
And eardrums sometimes
---
now its time to get funky
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:00 15/12/2014 by xXBeavcoonXx
#74 Posted: 20:27:33 15/12/2014
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Skylines bully brain cells
And eardrums sometimes

This way too much

More like murders your eardrums
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:36 15/12/2014 by ExcitonKnight
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#75 Posted: 20:40:22 15/12/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Dude, we're just going to have to agree to disagree, because nothing you said has swayed me and I'm not going to read any more of your posts, because you just seem to be repeating the same points and from my HaS lurking I don't like them. SkyDad knows he has a big impact on the Skylanders community and that what he's doing will lead to more negative things than a small tumblr arguement. That or he's just handled this with incredible ignorance.

That's just my opinion, of course, but one should't have to preface everything with "I think". c:

go back to ghostroaster u noob
---
words. letters. filler.
#76 Posted: 00:19:38 16/12/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

NUH UUU
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#77 Posted: 01:43:57 16/12/2014
1. Personally don't think a lot people care for the Skykids, but you Windumup.

2. This is a bad move on the Dad's part. Because making things a public issue, always end making the riot leader look like a little child. Regardless of age.

3. Instagram sux.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#78 Posted: 01:45:13 16/12/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100

2. This is a bad move on the Dad's part. Because making things a public issue, always end making the riot leader look like a little child. Regardless of age.

3. Instagram sux.

Agreed on all 3, especially the first one, I can't STAND them.
---
#79 Posted: 03:54:47 16/12/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

NUH UUU

I DONT GO ON GHOSTROASTER SO HAAA
---
words. letters. filler.
#80 Posted: 04:51:41 16/12/2014

3. Instagram sux.

I'm actually surprised the dad hasn't said anything on here to justify his actions, probably because he doesn't have good reception here at the moment because of his immature video.
---
#81 Posted: 06:55:48 16/12/2014
Quote: Aura24

3. Instagram sux.

I'm actually surprised the dad hasn't said anything on here to justify his actions, probably because he doesn't have good reception here at the moment because of his immature video.

Me too. I'm giving topic tomorrow to see if anything like skydad posting in it happens.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#82 Posted: 21:24:55 17/12/2014
[User Posted Image]

yup..
#83 Posted: 22:19:56 17/12/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
-snip-

yup..

For once, I agree with you.
---
words. letters. filler.
#84 Posted: 22:33:54 17/12/2014
[User Posted Image]\

this is the stuff of NIGHTMARES
#85 Posted: 22:34:41 17/12/2014
[User Posted Image]\

WHAT THE **** IS THAT?!?!
---
#86 Posted: 22:46:21 17/12/2014
[User Posted Image]\

satan
#87 Posted: 01:34:48 18/12/2014
[User Posted Image]\

satan

we didnt have to see the father in an even uglier form
---
words. letters. filler.
#88 Posted: 08:39:08 18/12/2014
Folks, let's remember these are *people* (and, in the case of 3/4ths of this crew, young kids). Can we, at the very least, try to resort to expressing our dislike for their videos without resorting to petty insults and name calling?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#89 Posted: 13:38:33 18/12/2014
Isn't all about of this considered bullying?
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#90 Posted: 15:16:44 18/12/2014
instagram no longer reeks because these brats arent on there!!!!!
---
BREATHE AIR.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#91 Posted: 16:26:03 18/12/2014
Folks, let's remember these are *people* (and, in the case of 3/4ths of this crew, young kids). Can we, at the very least, try to resort to expressing our dislike for their videos without resorting to petty insults and name calling?

He's right.
They're not emotionless beings. They wake up thinking about life and how they hope their day goes well. They go to school and try to make their parents proud. They get back home and eat and maybe watch TV while thinking about their day and what's to come later on. And they sleep to gain energy for the day that is to come.
They're human beings and being a dick to them does make you part of the "lost hope" in humanity.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#92 Posted: 05:33:36 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro

He's right.
They're not emotionless beings. They wake up thinking about life and how they hope their day goes well. They go to school and try to make their parents proud. They get back home and eat and maybe watch TV while thinking about their day and what's to come later on. And they sleep to gain energy for the day that is to come.
They're human beings and being a dick to them does make you part of the "lost hope" in humanity.

This so much. Also to those think who are thinking skydad is "in the wrong" you should know he is a very nice guy. You could at LEAST give him a ghost of a chance!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#93 Posted: 06:29:51 19/12/2014
Quote: wspyro

He's right.

This so much. Also to those think who are thinking skydad is "in the wrong" you should know he is a very nice guy. You could at LEAST give him a ghost of a chance!

I personally don't care how nice of a person is. If they did something wrong and are doing something wrong, they're in the wrong. Simple as that.
---
icon from Empoh
#94 Posted: 23:51:50 19/12/2014
One can disagree with the actions of an individual without resorting to petty insults and namecalling. This isn't a difficult concept to understand. Failing to do so simply devalues your own posts and makes you look foolish.
#95 Posted: 00:15:34 20/12/2014
^ And you're referring to who? Because I have yet to say any "name calling" words towards the skykids in this topic.
---
icon from Empoh
#96 Posted: 00:38:34 20/12/2014
Quote: undefined
Because I have yet to say any "name calling" words towards the skykids in this topic.

You should try, you know, actually reading the words typed within this topic. That would help.
#97 Posted: 01:07:21 20/12/2014
Quote: undefined
Because I have yet to say any "name calling" words towards the skykids in this topic.

You should try, you know, actually reading the words typed within this topic. That would help.

typical answer.
---
icon from Empoh
#98 Posted: 01:13:49 20/12/2014
Are you saying you need me to quote a post for you? Unable to look yourself? Too hard?
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#99 Posted: 01:14:52 20/12/2014
Are you saying you need me to quote a post for you? Unable to look yourself? Too hard?

You don't have to treat them like they're stupid, you know.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me