Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
how rare is the polar whirlwind? [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 13:55:11 03/12/2014 | Topic Creator
how rare is the polar whirlwind in box now days?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#2 Posted: 14:06:06 03/12/2014
I would say about as rare as jade flashwing..
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#3 Posted: 14:11:16 03/12/2014 | Topic Creator
i dunno about jade flashwing...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 14:25:55 03/12/2014
I think Ghost Roaster or SSA legendary triple pack figures are more rare .

Of course from my point of view and exotic location , I only ever saw one Ninjini once in my life . I have seen way more Polar Whirlwinds then her . I guess the best answer is it depends where you live .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:07:22 03/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#5 Posted: 14:45:18 03/12/2014
^ YES, that's is the BEST answer for sure smilie
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 15:46:23 03/12/2014
I think we are never ever seeing her in store again.
---
bye
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#7 Posted: 15:55:36 03/12/2014
I've seen one or two in my local gamestop. Plus, since she was a GS exclusive, GS likely has pallets full of them so they can pull the same crap they did with Xenoblade Chronicles.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 18:20:40 03/12/2014
Quote: Zeke_D
I've seen one or two in my local gamestop. Plus, since she was a GS exclusive, GS likely has pallets full of them so they can pull the same crap they did with Xenoblade Chronicles.

It's always a possibility that they have some somewhere, but I recall that the amount they shipped to the stores were fixed, which leads me to believe the shipped them all. It's more likely there are pallets of regular characters that are part of an overstock production rather than a specific company for a specific figure what were part of a specific exclusive which had specific quantities attached to it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:17 03/12/2014 by GhostRoaster
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 18:48:02 03/12/2014
the title of this topic sounds like it's being spoken by starfire from teen titans go..
#10 Posted: 19:32:00 03/12/2014 | Topic Creator
okay guys, it looks like i have one of them rare polar whirlwind located and ready to be beamed up... i will probably get one tomorrow smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#11 Posted: 19:49:46 03/12/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
the title of this topic sounds like it's being spoken by starfire from teen titans go..

Yes it does, lol, it's the inserted "the"smilie
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#12 Posted: 20:10:06 03/12/2014
I am prettypretty sure my eb has loads out the back
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#13 Posted: 20:21:47 03/12/2014

If GameStop does have pallets of them somewhere, what sense does it make to hold onto them? Then again, they don't have the brightest of people making business decisions. Being the money-grubbing company that they are, I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a pallet that they sold on their website as "used" just so they can use rarity as a reasoning for a markup like they do with the rest of their rare used Skylanders. Why sell at a new price of $10 or $11 when you can get away with selling them used for $18-20?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 20:35:12 03/12/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos

Yes it does, lol, it's the inserted "the"smilie

[User Posted Image]

You're welcome.
#15 Posted: 20:40:39 03/12/2014
^ silkie... Thanks
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#16 Posted: 22:00:26 03/12/2014

And by the same crap, you mean they're going to convince Activision to reprint a figure, and sell it "used"?
---
words. letters. filler.
#17 Posted: 01:23:29 04/12/2014
No, I mean they're gonna take 1000s of new polar whirlwinds, open the package and sell them for $20 as used instead of selling them unadulterated as new, the same thing they did with xenoblade chronicles.
#18 Posted: 08:32:50 04/12/2014
Poor Punch Pop Fizz . No one loves him . All they want is the Rare Polar Whirlwind .
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#19 Posted: 11:18:13 04/12/2014
Polar Whirlwind is pretty rare. I saw them on day of release and that was about it. Maybe one other time. Jade Flashwing, I'm sure, was just one shipment. I checked Target a lot and only saw them when they first got them in. Store exclusive in-game variants for Giants were very limited. Not so much with Swap Force.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#20 Posted: 14:31:29 04/12/2014
Quote: newkill

i saw 1 smilie at my target a month or two ago....
perhaps it's luck?
#21 Posted: 14:43:17 04/12/2014
Quote: goldenrushducks
Quote: newkill

i saw 1 smilie at my target a month or two ago....
perhaps it's luck?

I think he was referring to polar whirlwind.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#22 Posted: 16:02:28 04/12/2014
Boomer, too. Don't forget how rare he is, unless you go on EBay or Amazon. I did find one Voodood yesterday when I bought my Minis, also a few Dino-Rangs
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#23 Posted: 16:04:51 04/12/2014
Quote: Insane01
Boomer, too. Don't forget how rare he is, unless you go on EBay or Amazon. I did find one Voodood yesterday when I bought my Minis, also a few Dino-Rangs

Boomer may be hard to find, but not as rare as Polar Whirlwind or Jade Flashwing. Boomer was in plentiful supply before Giants came out, but soon sold out. Because shipments since were from the last wave that didn't contain Boomer, then he became hard to find. Polar Whirlwind and Jade Flashwing were a limited run and couldn't be found beyond their first shipment or two.
#24 Posted: 16:33:47 04/12/2014
As far as availability, Polar Whirlwind was the most readily available of the Giants era store exclusives. It was available online on GameStop.com for weeks before and following release. The same can't be said for Granite Crusher, Jade Flashwing, or Molten Hot dog. I remember there being several small preorder windows on Walmart.com for. Molten Hot Dog, but I personally never walked into a store and saw one on the pegs in my area. Although production numbers were probably higher for Polar Whirlwind, it is thought of as more rare now because they aren't anywhere to be found in stores and it's a prettier Skylander with a nicer paint job that people these days would pay extra for now.
#25 Posted: 17:00:30 04/12/2014
jade flashwing is one I missed out on and always wanted one. The other two Giants-era ones I wanted were legendary bouncer and Granite Crusher...
#26 Posted: 17:38:51 04/12/2014
jade flashwing is one I missed out on and always wanted one. The other two Giants-era ones I wanted were legendary bouncer and Granite Crusher...

I never saw Granite Crusher. We got Giants for my son for Christmas on Black Friday and kept a lookout from then on and never saw them. I've seen plenty of Legendary Bouncers. That was probably the one that was easiest to find as TRU got a lot of them back in during the holidays, last year. I want to say that I even saw one the other day, but maybe I'm just thinking of the regular Bouncer I found.
#27 Posted: 17:58:02 04/12/2014
Quote: obidawsn

I never saw Granite Crusher. We got Giants for my son for Christmas on Black Friday and kept a lookout from then on and never saw them. I've seen plenty of Legendary Bouncers. That was probably the one that was easiest to find as TRU got a lot of them back in during the holidays, last year. I want to say that I even saw one the other day, but maybe I'm just thinking of the regular Bouncer I found.

Legendary Bouncer can still be found at TRU. I saw one just the other day. The only Legendary figures which are completely gone and you have to pay a significant markup for is the SSA triple pack.
#28 Posted: 18:09:37 04/12/2014
unfortunately, TRU is a 2.5 hour drive away… smilie
#29 Posted: 18:10:58 04/12/2014
^ Let's not even get started on granite crush crush! He is the ONLY figure we have never actually found in store.. And this was after weeks on end calling store to store, driving around chasing in stock low numbers with no luck.. I did after throwing a fit like a little toddler in target manage to get the big ceiling display, lol, after all my troubles.. And luckily I found a sealed one plus a loose one on ebay for under $30 for the pair... Yay me smilie

As for polar whirlwind, it's funny after reading these posts about used resale! I talked to my GS buddy, and he said they have a few in the back, but can't sell them for some reason?!?! He told me he got an email to send them back! Now I'm thinking so they can open them, and hike up the price... Sounds like typical American business tactics to me, even though it kinda sucks for collectors that don't have him..
---
#30 Posted: 18:48:03 04/12/2014
Yep, It's confirmed: I'm a total Skylanders dork:
[User Posted Image]
#31 Posted: 18:51:02 04/12/2014
Yep, It's confirmed: I'm a total Skylanders dork:
[User Posted Image]

I think the code SAVER gets you free shipping on orders over $25 on GameStop.
#32 Posted: 00:09:25 05/12/2014
No, I mean they're gonna take 1000s of new polar whirlwinds, open the package and sell them for $20 as used instead of selling them unadulterated as new, the same thing they did with xenoblade chronicles.

Except with Xenoblade, they got reprinted copies. With Skylanders, they can't do the same as they don't reprint store-exclusive variants. Plus if Gamestop wanted to, they can just sell it new in packaging for $20 still. It IS a Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price.
---
words. letters. filler.
#33 Posted: 12:00:47 05/12/2014

Quote: mastermc54

Legendary Bouncer can still be found at TRU. I saw one just the other day. The only Legendary figures which are completely gone and you have to pay a significant markup for is the SSA triple pack.

I saw an unopened case of Legendary Bouncer at TRU, last night, so they're still getting them in. I haven't seen the Legendary Giants 3-pack, though, in a long while. I never saw Legendary Trigger Happy in the store (although they even had deals for him online, I just didn't feel like paying shipping).
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#34 Posted: 13:27:04 05/12/2014
I think TRU and their legendary have a different arrangement than the Target/Best Buy/Gamestop exclusives. I think those stores literally get one shot at the amount of stock.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#35 Posted: 14:01:54 05/12/2014
Well i hope most of the Whirlwinds were bought by kiddies who opened and played with them and created loving memories .
---
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#36 Posted: 14:50:14 05/12/2014
Edit: confused granite cruiser for gnarly Tree rex.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:25 05/12/2014 by Alexanddan
#37 Posted: 17:04:05 05/12/2014 | Topic Creator
i dont want to brag or make anyone jealous, but i got polar whirlwind now. i will never open the box and play with polar whirlwind, because she is rare. i will post pictures later smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#38 Posted: 17:08:58 05/12/2014
I love polar WW and still think giants has the best in-game variants to datesmilie
---
#39 Posted: 15:27:34 06/12/2014
Quote:
i will never open the box and play with polar whirlwind, because she is rare.

I am gonna go rescue another Polar Whirlwind discount shelfwarmer I saw at the shoppe , open and play with her because she is a toy . smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:36:43 06/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#40 Posted: 15:59:34 06/12/2014
I've opened all my figures except EE Spyro and that's cause I don't want him.
#41 Posted: 16:36:02 06/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:

I am gonna go rescue another Polar Whirlwind discount shelfwarmer I saw at the shoppe , open and play with her because she is a toy . smilie

omg! 150 dollars down the toilets straight away.... if you do.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#42 Posted: 16:53:09 06/12/2014

Glad I'm not the only one
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
#43 Posted: 17:23:26 06/12/2014
Quote:

[User Posted Image]

Now where did i put my Polar Whirlwind ? See i preserve my toys too . I use "Polar" cryonics technology . Oooh Ice Cream , yummy
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 18:02:15 06/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#44 Posted: 21:16:40 06/12/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote:

Damn! Glad I don't shop where you do, lol
---
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#45 Posted: 22:23:05 06/12/2014
I have seen a new polar whirlwind at a GameStop recently. I haven't ever seen Jade Flashwing or Granite Crusher in package after the first couple of months that they were released. On a side note, I just had to make a road trip from Texas to New York and we stopped at a bunch of gamestops, and TRU's along the way. I have seen several used boomers, and a couple granite crushers as well as several different dark edition used at game stops for reasonable prices. Many of the TRUs had just about everything they have ever had exclusive (metallic shroom boom & gill grunt, legendaries...). Ghost Roaster seems like the hardest normal figure to find used or otherwise and the one I did see used was expensive.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
#46 Posted: 22:31:30 06/12/2014
Anyways, I still have a sealed Polar Whirlwind that would like to travel across the country to a new owner!
---
words. letters. filler.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#47 Posted: 23:19:31 06/12/2014
Ohh I may see. What is asking price you are asking tacomasterskys? I may get it after X-mas.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#48 Posted: 23:44:18 06/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:

[User Posted Image]

Now where did i put my Polar Whirlwind ? See i preserve my toys too . I use "Polar" cryonics technology . Oooh Ice Cream , yummy

hahaha! good one smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#49 Posted: 23:47:08 06/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylander_chaos
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Damn! Glad I don't shop where you do, lol

me?.. i only payed 10 dollars for it and i was lucky, because shop didnt know what the heck they got, i also found an ub funky in the same shop, lol... so that says it all... but others are willing to pay top dollars for rare polar ww.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#50 Posted: 23:48:19 06/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: 7Habits
I have seen a new polar whirlwind at a GameStop recently. I haven't ever seen Jade Flashwing or Granite Crusher in package after the first couple of months that they were released. On a side note, I just had to make a road trip from Texas to New York and we stopped at a bunch of gamestops, and TRU's along the way. I have seen several used boomers, and a couple granite crushers as well as several different dark edition used at game stops for reasonable prices. Many of the TRUs had just about everything they have ever had exclusive (metallic shroom boom & gill grunt, legendaries...). Ghost Roaster seems like the hardest normal figure to find used or otherwise and the one I did see used was expensive.

guess what i found a Granite Crusher too... pictures coming stay tuned!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me