Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Your thoughts on Capturing worthless Villains??
Page 1 of 1
Your thoughts on Capturing worthless Villains?? [CLOSED]
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#1 Posted: 20:02:00 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I mean ones you don't need or can't even use.

We won Merry Snap Shot after midnight last night and so got a jump on his missions. Leaving mobs on screen also helped with getting them done quickly, too!
Anywho...You're supposed to clear traptanium with him PLUS capture 3 villains as his #3 mission

The first villains to show up in almost 4 days were Gulper and PainYatta

I got Gulper because I had the trap--but 100gems to get a chest from every mob? for a 3 gem reward? Doesn't seem prudent. Especially since we cleared most (if not all) our standing mobs to complete AE quests.

would you capture Wolfgang or Gulper just for a quest?? Spend GFems on Pain Yatta?
#2 Posted: 20:03:11 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Gulper probably has no effect on AE wishes...
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#3 Posted: 20:25:30 01/12/2014
Sure, I'd capture a villain just for a quest. If I have a trap, why not? The amount of energy required can be made back with a few wishstones.

Pain Yatta? Depends on my mood. I'm almost done with the game. I have just over 10,000 gems with nothing to spend them on. So to toss some just for the fun of it and to complete a quest? I'd probably do. But I wouldn't recommend it. I'm at the stage where I produce so much gold, energy, and even gems each day that it almost isn't fun anymore.

But unless you also have more gems than you know how to spend, save them for better things. It's not like it's a timed quest with a great reward - you can take as long as you care to and still get exactly the same reward.

So if you're someone who isn't getting very many traps and is energy poor, I'd also wait for villains that you care about.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 20:33:27 01/12/2014
I capture villains if I have plenty of traps, so ever since I captured the first Pain Yatta just to mark him off the list I leave him to wander around doing his thing. Definitely not going to spend gems on a villain I've already captured previously. I just make sure I always have plenty of traps for enemies that have good effects.

It would be cool if the villains actually did bad things like eat crops, make missions take longer or something else if left to wander around. It would give additional incentive to capture them.
#5 Posted: 20:57:21 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
with 195k gold, 5.3M energy, we're hardly "poor" in those respects. We have all but Cali, Flynn, Rufus and Fiznik and generate about 80-90 gems in a week. So even Pain Yatta isn't much of a sacrifice as far as trapping goes.

But we barely get 10 traptaniums in a week, and fewer villains than that. We've even had stacked quests where just one Villain can be counted 3 or 4 times.

I understand it's random--but sometimes this game seems terribly skewed!
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#6 Posted: 21:21:04 01/12/2014
I trapped all villains once. I now don't trap the ones that don't add benefits worth having. I just let them wander. I get so few traptaniums that I save them for the few villains worth capturing.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#7 Posted: 21:32:03 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally

It would be cool if the villains actually did bad things like eat crops, make missions take longer or something else if left to wander around. It would give additional incentive to capture them.

Now THAT would be something!
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 22:49:39 01/12/2014
That would be something...undesirable! The mounds the chompies leave behind are bad enough!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#9 Posted: 23:06:03 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
well, technically, the villains don't invade without warning. So presumably you wouldn't have any trouble if you don't check in.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me