Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > skylanders day on december 6th at gamestop
Page 1 of 1
skylanders day on december 6th at gamestop [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 17:35:25 27/11/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pag...nders-Day-12-6/
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#2 Posted: 17:41:00 27/11/2014
Finally!! A firm date for EE Whirlwind!!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#3 Posted: 18:19:45 27/11/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos
Finally!! A firm date for EE Whirlwind!!

Nothing too noteworthy. Why can't GameStop just have a weeklong sale like other normal retailers? They do these one day events where the sales/offers are peanuts compared to real sales you see elsewhere. I guess they have to make the release of every overpriced Eon's Elite character an event or a big deal in order to drag customers in. The comics seem like the only reasonably priced thing they'll be selling that day.
#4 Posted: 18:40:34 27/11/2014
^ Very true! If GS didn't have the EE series, or free skylanders, I wouldn't go at all!
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#5 Posted: 18:42:55 27/11/2014
If you don't have all the traps, you can get one for .99c when you pick up WFLobstar
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#6 Posted: 00:55:44 28/11/2014
so the release date for Winterferst Lob Star is Dec. 6th @Gamestop and not Dec. 7th???
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3659
#7 Posted: 01:22:02 28/11/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
so the release date for Winterferst Lob Star is Dec. 6th @Gamestop and not Dec. 7th???

I don't think so. The actual deal is buy a Trap Master get a Trap for $0.99. Winterfest Lob-Star is pictured, but the deal is valid from 12/3 - 12/9
#8 Posted: 01:49:58 28/11/2014
^it says one day event with WFLS as being 12/6... Btw, I really hate all this fine print BS associated with skylander hunting.. Infinity and amiibo dates have been more defined it seems, and as much as I love to hunt, being from texas and all (lol), I love to know what's what, and when smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:53:35 28/11/2014 by skylander_chaos
#9 Posted: 14:21:40 28/11/2014
UPDATE: just got back from GS picking up EE Triggs, and had an interesting conversation with manager, thought I share. I asked him to look up street dates for EE WW and WFLS.. EE WW is on the 6th as we all know by now, and WFLS is NOT street dated and shows available for sale with 0 inventory.. He said he has a few en route to store for a Monday delivery.. This makes since as WFLS has been purchased at Walmart with no issues by fellow users.. Most of you may not care, but for the few that do, I hope this helps!
---
oufanindallas Blue Sparx Gems: 907
#10 Posted: 11:59:38 29/11/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos
UPDATE: just got back from GS picking up EE Triggs, and had an interesting conversation with manager, thought I share. I asked him to look up street dates for EE WW and WFLS.. EE WW is on the 6th as we all know by now, and WFLS is NOT street dated and shows available for sale with 0 inventory.. He said he has a few en route to store for a Monday delivery.. This makes since as WFLS has been purchased at Walmart with no issues by fellow users.. Most of you may not care, but for the few that do, I hope this helps!

I find it funny that the manager at your GameStop had no idea. According to this article, if you are a Skylanders Club Member you should be able to pick it up today.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...rfest-lob-star/

I'm planning on being at my GS when they open today to pickup my EE TH, pre-order EE WW and get WFLS.
#11 Posted: 14:51:46 29/11/2014
^ very interesting! And honestly, I don't think they care enough about skylanders to look in to it that deep.. I know it's supposed to be their job and all, but I'm like only 1 of 3 customers that go there for skylanders.. I always have to dig for info and sneak peeks on CPU to find things out. It's cool, found my WFLS yesterday at best buy. However, I still go there because everytime the have something extra (like memory cards, etc) they give them to me for trade credit to help with my collection smilie Thanks for posting this, I'm going to bust some balls now, ha!
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#12 Posted: 21:59:52 01/12/2014
Does anybody know if they're also getting shipments of wave 2 traps that day? I heard you can get a trap for a buck if you buy WFLS on that day, so it would see appropriate for Activision to ship out some traps too.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#13 Posted: 22:09:13 01/12/2014
I'm just interested in Wave 3
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#14 Posted: 22:46:00 01/12/2014
^ very ^
---
#15 Posted: 14:48:19 02/12/2014
I might go and check it, just in case some stores might get wave 3 early
(smilie...hint, hint, Walmart)
---
"
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#16 Posted: 19:25:04 02/12/2014
I'll go for EE Whirlwind, but that's it.
Skykiddo Green Sparx Gems: 112
#17 Posted: 22:17:30 02/12/2014
Whats in wave 3? Any kaos in it?
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#18 Posted: 00:17:36 07/12/2014
was pretty much a bust from what i've seen. limited selection of trap masters. couldn't get a trap for 99 cents with getting the elite whirlwind. the fact winterfest lob-star was also pushed back to next thursday through them was also pretty bad as it is out of the way of the sale for the traps.

found out in most cases that you could try to get another trap master and wait to exchange for the holiday lob-star but they'll force you to give up the trap due to the price difference with the sale not in the system at the time. not sure it was a good event at all this time.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#19 Posted: 00:23:12 07/12/2014
Quote: tigerdr
was pretty much a bust from what i've seen. limited selection of trap masters. couldn't get a trap for 99 cents with getting the elite whirlwind. the fact winterfest lob-star was also pushed back to next thursday through them was also pretty bad as it is out of the way of the sale for the traps.

found out in most cases that you could try to get another trap master and wait to exchange for the holiday lob-star but they'll force you to give up the trap due to the price difference with the sale not in the system at the time. not sure it was a good event at all this time.

The fact that you were the first post about this in several days on a Skylanders fan forum just shows how much of a bust these GameStop Skylanders events are...thanks for confirming our suspicions of this non-sale and poorly run event.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#20 Posted: 00:44:05 07/12/2014
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: tigerdr

The fact that you were the first post about this in several days on a Skylanders fan forum just shows how much of a bust these GameStop Skylanders events are...thanks for confirming our suspicions of this non-sale and poorly run event.

i'm thankful that i was able to get some winterfests from amazon when they restocked as gamestop really dropped the ball. the first one was supposed to have punch pop fizz but finally got him in with the elite whirlwinds and i was barely able to get the one i was owed from the last event. if they had the winterfests i would've bought 1 so i could get a trap for 99 and needing the extra winterfest, but tbh they really aren't doing a good job except for the elites but i'm at the point i won't need to shop at gamestop for sometime if i bother to get the collector's of elder scrolls online for the ps4. there's nothing else i need from them.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#21 Posted: 00:44:30 07/12/2014
^ yeah, exact same here!
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#22 Posted: 00:55:52 07/12/2014
Got EE Whirlwind from one of my Gamestops.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#23 Posted: 03:16:55 07/12/2014
Apparently there was an email from GameStop muckity-mucks yesterday saying the WFLS was delayed due to inclement weather and would be fulfilled on 12/11.
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#24 Posted: 03:56:28 07/12/2014
Quote: Zeke_D
Apparently there was an email from GameStop muckity-mucks yesterday saying the WFLS was delayed due to inclement weather and would be fulfilled on 12/11.

That was my experience as well. I still picked up my Eon's Elite Whirlwind, but I was a little disappointed to not pick up the holiday figure.
#25 Posted: 04:03:22 07/12/2014
TRU should have it, with plenty to spare.
---
"
#26 Posted: 04:15:52 07/12/2014
Quote: Aura24
Got EE Whirlwind from one of my Gamestops.

?? Why ?? I thought you got advanced copies of everything from acti??
---
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#27 Posted: 05:33:04 07/12/2014

I got mine yesterday at Fred Meyers, there were 2 on the shelf.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#28 Posted: 11:55:16 07/12/2014

WFLS?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#29 Posted: 12:09:50 07/12/2014
Wfls = winterfestlob star
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me