Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Lost Islands on emulated/ virtual Android Devices
Page 1 of 1
Lost Islands on emulated/ virtual Android Devices [CLOSED]
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 19:59:41 25/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Hi folks out there,

cause of my broken tablet and my slow smartphone (unfortunatly LI does not start anymore after the integration of Trap Team) i startet some experiments with different Android Emulators and i will share my experiences here.

I tried:
BlueStacks
it is not a real Emulator, more an App-Player. LI crashed while downloading the additional content when the splash screen is displayed

Genymotion
I could load and start LI after a lot of brainwork. I tested different virtual devices (Nexus 7 1st Gen, Nexus 7 2nd Gen, Nexus 10).
But in the end I gave up for 2 reasons. Skylanders runs horribly slow. My best try was with 2 cores and RAM at maximum at the NExus 7 (2012). Maybe my PC is a bit outdated. But second in some cases the game graphic engine crashed and left only a small LI window, which was very inconvinient to play.

AndyRoid
Like Genymotion AndyRoid needs OpenGL Drivers and is based on Oracle Virtual Box platform. And like Genymotion AndyRoid was incredibly slow on my PC. Maybe you have more luck if your device is a bit faster than mine.

ROM - Android X86
i tried both: live-modus and installation modus. LI crashed while downloading the additional content when the splash screen is displayed in both cases

I did not try WindowsAndroid for two reasons. Developement stopped a year ago and it seems to be buggy.
I did not try the original Android SDK also, cause it is said to be very slow.

EDIT 1: Update Genymotion
EDIT 2: Update AndyRoid
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:57:09 27/11/2014 by karo122
SpinCycle2 Green Sparx Gems: 444
#2 Posted: 20:06:53 25/11/2014
I have AndyDroid running on my home PC as a backup. it opens and runs fine. Make sure you enable VT technology in the BIOS.
Here is the link to optimze andydroid.
http://andysupport.s3.amazonaws.com/OptimizeAndy.pdf
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#3 Posted: 21:32:48 25/11/2014
Thanks for the link, SC2. I've got Andyroid running on my macbook air in windows mode, but it's slow. I'll check out those optimizations and see if they affect performance.
#4 Posted: 19:25:58 26/11/2014 | Topic Creator
As you can see i updated the Genymotion part in my initial posting. But it was no fun to play that game.

I will give AndyRoid another chance. Maybe it will work better.
#5 Posted: 08:57:40 27/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Updated AndyRoid in my initial posting.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me