Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Jurassic World [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#1 Posted: 20:02:25 23/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Jurassic World is the 4th in the Jurassic Park series. Plot is unknown.

The trailer premieres this Thursday.

---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:57 23/11/2014 by MoonHorizons
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#2 Posted: 20:22:48 23/11/2014
[User Posted Image]

beware the dinos;

[User Posted Image]

Just seeing the title made me want to post those pics.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 04:15:38 25/11/2014
I'm not hyped for this movie, but that's because I'm not hyped for anything these days. Still, it's like being twenty years younger seeing this franchise still going. ^_^ I am pleased and even if this movie is terrible, it's still going to be fun (and you really have to work to beat The Lost World in the terrible JP film department). :)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#4 Posted: 04:49:54 25/11/2014
The CG sill looks like the one from over a decade ago.
#5 Posted: 05:35:41 25/11/2014
^ Most of the special effects from all three of the films were practical, not CG. XD
#6 Posted: 17:51:08 25/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
^ Most of the special effects from all three of the films were practical, not CG. smilie

and this is a trailer for a movie that's coming out in 6 or so months.
---
#7 Posted: 20:52:49 25/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Trailer is a go.

---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#8 Posted: 21:21:49 25/11/2014
I'm seriously stoked for this movie. I love Jurassic Park and I'm glad that Legendary is taking over this project. Considering their work with Godzilla, I have some expectations set up.

Quote: somePerson
The CG sill looks like the one from over a decade ago.

It isn't finished yet, these are early effects. Once the film comes out they'll look much better.

I hate how people keep bashing these effects though. Even when they are finished and look excellent (c'mon, this is Legendary pictures we're talking about), it's hard to top how mind blowing the first film's effects were and how they still hold up today.

Besides,even if it's terrible, the film can't possibly be worse than JP3.
---
Cool cool.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#9 Posted: 22:23:37 25/11/2014
Looks mediocre to me. I'm not too psyched about that whole "genetically modified new dinosaur" thing, but eh, I guess they need some new story line. Why on earth would you make a carnivorous dinosaur more intelligent? smilie
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#10 Posted: 22:55:46 25/11/2014
I'm honestly pretty excited for this. It will be the first time I've ever watched a Jurassic Park film in full (saw bits and pieces of the first three when I was little, then my parents banned me from the series and I never got around to watching them). Which reminds me, I should at least watch the first one eventually.
#11 Posted: 23:11:39 25/11/2014
I cannot unsee Starlord. Quill! What the hell are you doing on Dino Planet? Get yer ass back to Xander!
---
#12 Posted: 23:15:14 25/11/2014
He's looking for a change in scenery.

But now he's reconsidering picking this job.
#13 Posted: 23:51:34 25/11/2014
I liked JP3, too. :)

I think The Lost World is the weakest film of the franchise thus far. Chock full of errors, sub-par effects, plot holes, and if you read the book, the total bastardization of awesome literature will make you cry.

The trailer: !!! They put the dirt bike scene from the book in!!! And is that Ellie's kid?! Eeee! This is gonna be cheesy awesome! Y'all need to stop whining about special effects so much and learn to appreciate the films more. 80s movies have terrible special effects and so many of them are still fantastic.
#14 Posted: 01:04:52 26/11/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: pankakesparx456
Besides, even if it's terrible, the film can't possibly be worse than JP3.

I liked Jurassic Park 3, though...

Also, that part with the kid at the end sent shivers down my spine. o_o

Oh, and I'm so happy that they finally decided to add in some marine reptiles. Been wanting them to add those in for a while now. xD

Quote: Razz
I liked JP3, too. smilie

I think The Lost World is the weakest film of the franchise thus far. Chock full of errors, sub-par effects, plot holes, and if you read the book, the total bastardization of awesome literature will make you cry.

The trailer: !!! They put the dirt bike scene from the book in!!! And is that Ellie's kid?! Eeee! This is gonna be cheesy awesome! Y'all need to stop whining about special effects so much and learn to appreciate the films more. 80s movies have terrible special effects and so many of them are still fantastic.

Jurassic Park 3 is the worst in the series IMO, let alone one of the worst films I've ever seen. The special effects were the worst in the series, the characters were annoying and forgettable(with the exception of Dr. Grant), the story was obnoxiously bad, the writing was horrible, and they killed the t-rex.

I thought The Lost World was okay. The effects were still great, but the story wasn't that great and the acting wasn't really good. To me, it's just kind of... there.

Either way, I don't think JW will be as bad as those two films were.
---
Cool cool.
#15 Posted: 01:40:56 26/11/2014
I liked JP3, but more for the stuff they put back into the film than the film itself. It didn't hurt that JP3 is distinctly lacking in Robert Bakker revenge, raptor defeating gymnastics moves, the mauling of great book characters into total garbage, and director cameos (Speilberg appears in the reflection of the tv at the end, sitting between Goldblum and whoever played Sarah). I've always been a huge fan of the books, so it was cool to see nods to scenes that hadn't made it into the movies prior to that (the pterodactyl habitat! 8D). I also felt the atmosphere of JP3 was, overall, much better than in JP TLW: dark, ominous, horrific. It called forth the grim feelings I got from reading the first book. Really, aside from the first movie, these films have never been about the people, they're about the dinos. But I did nearly laugh myself sick when Ellie's kid almost got everybody killed because Barney was on. XD

The t-rex dying didn't bother me. She's not the main villain in the movies or the books, she's just an animal doing her thing. In the second book, the bigger threat was the carnotaurus (I kind of hope that gets a shout-out in this upcoming movie). I'm still thrilled by the raptor bike chase. :D
#16 Posted: 04:39:43 26/11/2014
^ Most likely. I never actually got to play any of the games except the one on the Sega where you can play as the raptor and the final boss is Grant. XD
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#17 Posted: 18:14:18 26/11/2014
Meh

Looks nice, but I hope that CGI isnt final...

This is the way I see it:

Best JP movies:
1. Jurassic Park
2.Jurassic Park 3
3. The Lost World

I am a tad hyped that Legendary has something to do with this, since Godzilla was pretty good.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#18 Posted: 03:52:13 27/11/2014
i loved that giant aquatic dino eat the shark
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#19 Posted: 16:42:59 27/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Meh

Looks nice, but I hope that CGI isnt final...

This is the way I see it:

Best JP movies:
1. Jurassic Park
2.Jurassic Park 3
3. The Lost World

I am a tad hyped that Legendary has something to do with this, since Godzilla was pretty good.

it def isn't final.

Here's a scene from the Incredible Hulk as an example.

[User Posted Image]
---
#20 Posted: 22:49:37 27/11/2014 | Topic Creator
D-REX JUST GOT LEAKED EVERYONE.

IF IT GETS TAKEN DOWN, I WILL REUPLOAD IT TO IMGUR.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:47 27/11/2014 by MoonHorizons
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#21 Posted: 20:53:43 28/11/2014
Hmm...

... are those spikes or feathers?

I actually like the design... it does look vicious... really cool. The childhood in me is desiring the nostalgia more than ever right now. xD

I literally cannot wait for this film! I'm more excited to see it than Avengers 2 or Star Wars 7. smilie
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#22 Posted: 21:00:33 28/11/2014 | Topic Creator
A photo of the Jurassic World t-rex just got released.

[User Posted Image]

And it's the T Rex from the first movie if you didn't notice already.
---
#23 Posted: 02:14:05 29/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Real?

[User Posted Image]

Also, it's apparently a mix between a T-Rex, Velociraptor, snake, and cuttlefish.
(The cuttlefish is for camouflage apparently, which reminds me of the Carnotaurus from The Lost World video game)

Fake.

They took a dinosaur from Primeval I believe and photoshopped it into that image.

I already posted what could be the real d-rex above eitherway.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#24 Posted: 04:32:59 29/11/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Lego is pretty damn close.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#25 Posted: 10:42:41 30/11/2014
I really like this trailer, but I'm still going to be a bit cautious with this one, as The Lost World was a thing. I'm definitely a lot more optimistic than I was however.

[User Posted Image]

Man, I'm really hoping that's the design of it, because that looks ridiculously bad***.

I'm also glad that the original T-Rex is *probably coming back
Fatman Gold Sparx Gems: 2794
#26 Posted: 14:13:23 30/11/2014
oh boy, cant wait for this movie to be awful smilie
#27 Posted: 02:34:37 08/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Leaked trailer.

Obvious spoilers incoming.

---
#28 Posted: 21:32:42 08/12/2014
Can I just say that I love the raptor cops? Raptor cops are the best. :D
#29 Posted: 22:29:29 08/12/2014
Diabolus Rex is certainly a strange combo of things.
T Rex, Velociraptor, Snake and... Cuttlefish?
---
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#30 Posted: 13:40:30 09/12/2014
When I first heard "Genetically modified dinosaur" I imagined some form of cross between a T-Red and a sauropod of some sort, giving it giant size.
---
now its time to get funky
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11314
#31 Posted: 05:07:49 18/12/2014
I can't wait to watch movies.
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#32 Posted: 03:15:57 20/12/2014
Can't wait for this. I love the series, mainly the 1st and 2nd, 3rd was kinda ehh.

The fact that theres a movie series still going about prehistoric life makes me happy.

Hopefuly it's better than JP3, Spinosaurus was mainly a fish eater, and would be too fragile to win against t rex. So t rex would have won, but pretty sure they never fought since they were seperated by an ocean i believe.
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
#33 Posted: 05:43:23 20/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fossildude747
Can't wait for this. I love the series, mainly the 1st and 2nd, 3rd was kinda ehh.

The fact that theres a movie series still going about prehistoric life makes me happy.

Hopefuly it's better than JP3, Spinosaurus was mainly a fish eater, and would be too fragile to win against t rex. So t rex would have won, but pretty sure they never fought since they were seperated by an ocean i believe.

besides, t-rex had bit spino on his neck before spino decided to return the favor.
---
#34 Posted: 13:56:08 02/01/2015
who got dvd?
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#35 Posted: 22:15:40 05/01/2015
Quote: Fossildude747

besides, t-rex had bit spino on his neck before spino decided to return the favor.

not to mention the spino spends like half of the movie literally chasing them down. because as a dinosaur it really has no other food to get other than humans.

This was one of my biggest problems with JP3. in the first film and the lost world, the t-rex was done very believably because it did things that a natural animal would. It only had two big scenes where it tried to kill the humans in JP, otherwise it was more concerned with finding food, and didn't even acknowledge the humans when it killed the raptors. in TLW, the t-rex rampaged through california(?) because it was trying to find its baby. and even when it did and was sent back to the island, there were only three casualties and some damage done downtown, where it could've been much worse considering this is a freaking t-rex. in JP3, the spino is a freaking cereal killer. it constantly chases the main characters and does nothing else. it catches these humans like 5 times and not once decided that it should hunt for something else that has more meat. the t-rex would've been fine for it.
---
Cool cool.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#36 Posted: 17:42:29 08/01/2015
I actually have great hopes for this movie, I think they've learned from their mistakes with Lost World and III
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#37 Posted: 22:21:23 08/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz
I actually have great hopes for this movie, I think they've learned from their mistakes with Lost World and III

the lost world wasn't a bad movie at all actually.
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#38 Posted: 01:33:24 10/01/2015
Quote: Lunarz

the lost world wasn't a bad movie at all actually.

It was pretty bad.

Also if someone just described the basic premise to you and you'd seen the first movie but not the second you probably would not even want to see it.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#39 Posted: 16:08:26 10/01/2015
Yeah, TLW was bad. Worse if you'd ever read the book. The dinos looked cool and there are some funny behind-the-scenes things ("I left Japan to get away from this!"), but they did the right thing when the screen writer got fed to the t-rex. :D
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#40 Posted: 16:20:19 11/01/2015
I'm excited for it, tbh.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#41 Posted: 07:33:14 12/01/2015
who got ticket movies?
---
#42 Posted: 20:53:11 15/01/2015 | Topic Creator
OH SWEET MERCY EVERYTHING'S LEAKING.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#43 Posted: 21:04:48 15/01/2015
OH SWEET MERCY EVERYTHING'S LEAKING.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Woah...OoO
---
Spread those positive vibes
#44 Posted: 02:00:46 16/01/2015
Awesome!
#45 Posted: 23:32:31 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
2nd trailer

---
#46 Posted: 23:55:37 01/02/2015
!!! The excitement is real! 8D
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me