Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Anyone Hear of a Trap Team Console Bundle??
Page 1 of 1
Anyone Hear of a Trap Team Console Bundle?? [CLOSED]
mrgriffore Green Sparx Gems: 353
#1 Posted: 11:20:02 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I know we have quite a few retail employees that frequent this forum. I was wondering if any of you have heard of any console bundles for Trap Team? This is usually the time of year when the bundle pops up and I haven't heard any buzz or seen any speculation on this games version, if it exists. I know the Wii U bundle from last year didn't seem to do very well and bundling with a PS4 or Xbox One would drive the price way up. I can't see a large quantity of people paying almost 500.00 for a console just for trap team and an exclusive figure.
lidocain Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#2 Posted: 11:24:04 19/11/2014
One of the webshops here lists a Wii U TT bundle with a release date of 11. 30. I live in Europe btw.
---
" ... and then maybe I'd run out of things to complain about! Altough probably not. "- G.

××× Made in Hungary ×××
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 14:41:50 19/11/2014
its this one but only a 8gb wiiu and that kinda sucks today. you need 32gb version or you will have to deal with an extra hd attachment outside the console after a while..

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:42:26 19/11/2014 by CountMoneyBone
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#4 Posted: 15:20:10 19/11/2014
Unless you use the online storage, correct? Btw, nice find CMB, I was wondering if a STT system bundle was out! It's funny how they (activision) bundles skylanders with mainly nintendo systems considering they (Nintendo) turned the toys to life exclusive offer down back in the day.. Not to mention they are a competitor now with amiibo out...
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#5 Posted: 15:31:48 19/11/2014
I wouldn't say amiibo is exactly a competitor. DI is a closer competitor. amiibo all seem to just be optional figures with compatibility that is fragmented across various games.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 15:37:33 19/11/2014
It's a competitor if people stop buying Skylanders toys to get Amiibo instead.
---
bye
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 15:50:03 19/11/2014
Amiibo leaves to be desired to an extent though. The figures aren't the same quality as other Nintendo merch,and they only matter in crossovers or their own franchises unless you care about extra items. It'll definately boosts game sales but unlike Skylanders,whose appeal is the fruit salad of characters in the same franchise, it can't really stand on its own.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#8 Posted: 17:16:41 19/11/2014
They are in the toys to life catagory, therefore, competition.. Even though in my opinion, they are night and day, and I will buy all the amiibos plus infinity as well as every skylander made, but that's just me smilie
---
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#9 Posted: 18:14:47 19/11/2014
I'm sitting on the fence about amiibo to be honest....they aren't on the same level as Skylanders or DI figures. They seem to add a minimal amount of value to games, I was under the impression the figures were more playable (especially in Smash Bros).
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 19:04:47 19/11/2014
Amiibo looks interesting, but not in a collect 'em all sort of thing for us. I'm getting one of each for my boys (Mario & Luigi) so they can play with the features and also unlock some things in other games. I can see collectors really going all in, but I think getting one or two to play around with is worthwhile.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#11 Posted: 19:44:25 20/11/2014
For me I'm only going to support the first "Toys to life in video games" concept which was Skylanders.
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#12 Posted: 19:51:06 20/11/2014
You're almost better finding the Swap Force WiiU bundle and then purchasing the Wii TT with the free WiiU TT download. You'll still need a 15GB thumb drive, but It'll end up costing the same in the long run and you get both games. I love playing on the WiiU.
#13 Posted: 19:57:53 20/11/2014
^Yes, certain games IMO belong on certain systems, and skylanders seem to be the funnest on Nintendo systems.. Just like GTA on xbox consoles.. But that just my families opinion..
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me