Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Pre-order light and dark Skylanders? [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1 Posted: 23:49:18 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
http://skylanderaddictsblog.co...ark-skylanders/
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 23:51:34 18/11/2014
Yeah, the Walmart preorders of Knight Mare and Knight Light were posted over in the Trap Team section, before Skylanderaddicts posted his blog about it.

Quote: skygrin
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:30 18/11/2014 by Aura24
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#3 Posted: 01:19:54 19/11/2014
Any word on when the pre-orders will open up?
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#4 Posted: 01:57:42 19/11/2014
Quote: stoat2337
Any word on when the pre-orders will open up?

They were already opened up this past weekend, unfortunately. It appears as though they sold through whatever allotment they had.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#5 Posted: 06:09:46 19/11/2014
So they are no longer taking them?
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Kinson420 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#6 Posted: 06:24:18 19/11/2014
I doubt its alotment. They most likely removed the preorder option as they don't know when the release date is as Acti hasn't told them, hence the standard place holder of 12/31. Federal laws restrict how many days out preorders can be taken, with an unknown date not being within that 90 day time period they can't offer them. Remember walmart is famous for listing products early or that aren't even going to be carried by them.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#7 Posted: 11:31:00 19/11/2014
Quote: Kinson420
I doubt its alotment. They most likely removed the preorder option as they don't know when the release date is as Acti hasn't told them, hence the standard place holder of 12/31. Federal laws restrict how many days out preorders can be taken, with an unknown date not being within that 90 day time period they can't offer them. Remember walmart is famous for listing products early or that aren't even going to be carried by them.

It looks like you may be right; the pre-orders for others (Enigma and Short Cut, the latter of who I would expect would be much less likely to sell through so quickly) also say they're "out of stock online" or whatever.

I would've expected them to cancel pre-orders placed, too; I'm surprised they have not. Maybe that is coming shortly?
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#8 Posted: 20:16:37 25/11/2014
I was lucky enough to preorder the light & dark trap masters before they were removed from Walmart.com
I got a email confirmation to my order that I'll receive them by 1/8/2015.
whether, or not, this happens...i'm cool with it.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 23:40:17 25/11/2014
Quote: Insane01
I was lucky enough to preorder the light & dark trap masters before they were removed from Walmart.com

I wouldn't be too set on that. Back when S:SA was out, preorders for every single character "not" released popped up on Walmart.com. I ordered every single one of them, and got the confirmation that they would ship out by that time, and..

Two weeks later, the order was cancelled, and a lone Dino Rang (who I already owned at the time) showed up on the doorstep.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#10 Posted: 15:03:39 26/11/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: Insane01

I wouldn't be too set on that. Back when S:SA was out, preorders for every single character "not" released popped up on Walmart.com. I ordered every single one of them, and got the confirmation that they would ship out by that time, and..

Two weeks later, the order was cancelled, and a lone Dino Rang (who I already owned at the time) showed up on the doorstep.

Poor dino rang, did you at least take him in from the cold and let him chill with his brother?
#11 Posted: 17:29:50 26/11/2014
Well, Matteomax, if they do...fine. If what you say happens, my order will be refunded and I'll take my business elsewhere. Like I said before, I'm close to 4 other retailers of Skylanders that would appreciate my business: Best Buy, GameStop, Target and TRU. so far, it's been most with Target and TRU that I have acquired most of my TT, as well as everything else (with a few exceptions). I can get to TRU before they open and be the first to get what I need, so it's not a problem.
I figured I would preorder them because, I believe, these figures will be so hot they'll fly off the shelves because of how many of us need them to unlock the Mystery Gates.
Either way, I win. I get my products or I get a refund.
---
"
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#12 Posted: 18:16:02 26/11/2014
^i don't see them flying off shelves, considering 99% of the people I talk to don't know anything about the new elements (of course that excludes people on darkspyro, since we all know, but we are a very small percentage of the buyers of skylanders) *fingers crossed hoping I'm right* <so I can buy smilie
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:12 26/11/2014 by skylander_chaos
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#13 Posted: 22:15:13 26/11/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos
^i don't see them flying off shelves, considering 99% of the people I talk to don't know anything about the new elements (of course that excludes people on darkspyro, since we all know, but we are a very small percentage of the buyers of skylanders) *fingers crossed hoping I'm right* <so I can buy smilie

I agree...most people are casual fans and/or way too young to know anything about these light/dark tricks Activision has up their sleeves. It would be a neat idea if one of the game updates created an event or something triggering their announcement in-game, but it still leaves those with consoles not connected to the internet and those with a Wii (lacking game updates) in the dark until these pop up in stores or there is widespread talk about them. I buy for primarily a 5 year old family member and he has no clue about new elements...quite honestly, I'd rather have him be able to access any area that he encounters in the game on the first playthrough while exploring rather than revisit them on a future replay when Activision decides to release the new elements and the magic Trapmaster.
#14 Posted: 05:21:08 27/11/2014
Well, you never know how many might be in a box. Look how hard it is to find Wallop.
---
"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me