Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
New update: 2014-11-17 [CLOSED]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#1 Posted: 20:25:03 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
New update just came down:

Two new villains:

Broccoli Guy - Makes all radiant crops cost gold
Tussle Sprout - Gives bigger trees and bigger plants bigger rewards.

New companion: Buzz - 2x gold and hero points for Trap Masters (400 gems)

Also toy link quests for Fist Bump and Lob Star
Another timed quest for Buzz with Blossom Tree reward.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#2 Posted: 21:13:47 17/11/2014
400 Gems seems like a bargain.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 22:28:57 17/11/2014
Quote:
400 Gems seems like a bargain.

Same price as Gorm and Tuc

Too close to Black Friday for that sort of spending but maybe later I will nab me a Buzz.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#4 Posted: 01:30:14 18/11/2014
Good point. Probably a sale next week, so it would make sense to be patient. Would have been nice to have this guy while leveling all of my trapsters up though.
---
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#5 Posted: 01:54:26 18/11/2014
Yeah, I'd grab him if it was something more exciting than a blossom tree as a reward. As it stands I'll be hoarding gems until any Black Friday sale.

The bonuses from Tussle Sprout and Broccoli Guy don't excite me too much. Tussle Sprout's bonus actually sounds a bit annoying! Though I guess you could get a few gems out of it from the 4 hour trees.
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#6 Posted: 05:25:57 18/11/2014
Also 50% off Adventure Airships for November 18th.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 13:55:48 18/11/2014
Radiant Crops - are those the ones that you can't plant using Beatrees and have to individually select each field? Yikes. I long ago hid all my fields in hard to reach places to fill up holes, since there was no longer any need to access directly!
#8 Posted: 14:54:03 18/11/2014
You can plant radiant crops with Beatrees.
---
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#9 Posted: 15:23:06 18/11/2014
Yeah has anyone had Broccoli Guy pop up? Wondering how that villain effect will work. If it allows you to purchase fields that would normally require gems for simple gold it'll be awesome for newer players, endgame players likely wouldn't care.

I've been meaning to comment I think Activision is adding in little tweaks to soften the grind and the slog, which isn't all that uncommon in games that have been around a while. The original players had to do it "the hard/long way" whereas the newer players get some boosts (reduced spin cost villains, xp boosting villains and companions etc) to shorten that grind. I saw similar mechanics employed in MMORPGs like WoW and others, wouldn't surprise me to see it here.

edit: and I jumped on Buzz just because I had found a code online for Small Fry yesterday morning, which refunded the gems I had spent on him, so along with the trap master toy link codes, made it feel like I wasn't losing ground on gems to get him.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:16 18/11/2014 by Kfool
#10 Posted: 16:17:25 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Radiant Crops - are those the ones that you can't plant using Beatrees and have to individually select each field? Yikes. I long ago hid all my fields in hard to reach places to fill up holes, since there was no longer any need to access directly!

Quote: midas73

How? Are you sure you're not confusing radiant crops with radiant fields? I was confused at first, as I had forgotten about radiant crops. I was thinking the same thing that Kfool was thinking (below) until I remembered there are crops that cost gems to plant. But if you use Beatrees, they don't appear. You have to click on an individual field to plant them. If they fixed that, then I'm curious as to how Broccoli Guy's bonus would affect them. If not, then planting individual crops is a pain, even if you have them all together and not hidden.

Quote: Kfool
Yeah has anyone had Broccoli Guy pop up? Wondering how that villain effect will work. If it allows you to purchase fields that would normally require gems for simple gold it'll be awesome for newer players, endgame players likely wouldn't care.

It's not the fields, but the crops. If you click on an individual field (not using Beatrees), there are choices to plant crops that cost gems. It doesn't seem to come up if you use Beatrees. I never cared, though, because using gems for crops seemed pointless.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#11 Posted: 17:10:30 18/11/2014
In regards to Broccoli Guy, yes the normally gem bought radiant crops become plantable via Beetrees and cost gold instead of gems. He only lasts fifteen minutes so if you want to make use of it, be ready. I was growing a bit under half a million energy per shot, harvestable every seven seconds. I don't need the energy but I had nothing better to spend my gold on and I'm pushing 100 million energy and this gave me a good boost towards that.
#12 Posted: 17:17:25 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CrazyCanuck
In regards to Broccoli Guy, yes the normally gem bought radiant crops become plantable via Beetrees and cost gold instead of gems. He only lasts fifteen minutes so if you want to make use of it, be ready. I was growing a bit under half a million energy per shot, harvestable every seven seconds. I don't need the energy but I had nothing better to spend my gold on and I'm pushing 100 million energy and this gave me a good boost towards that.

So he does make them available to purchase through Beatrees when he's activated? That's a nice touch, then.
#13 Posted: 19:23:14 18/11/2014
Quote: midas73

How? Are you sure you're not confusing radiant crops with radiant fields? I was confused at first, as I had forgotten about radiant crops. I was thinking the same thing that Kfool was thinking (below) until I remembered there are crops that cost gems to plant. But if you use Beatrees, they don't appear. You have to click on an individual field to plant them. If they fixed that, then I'm curious as to how Broccoli Guy's bonus would affect them. If not, then planting individual crops is a pain, even if you have them all together and not hidden.

You may be right. I forgot that radiant crops even existed as a thing. They are so unnecessary and costly. No way will I plant them even if for gold if I can't plant them with Beatrees either. I too have my fields scattered about filling gaps between other things.
---
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#14 Posted: 22:02:48 18/11/2014
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: CrazyCanuck

So he does make them available to purchase through Beatrees when he's activated? That's a nice touch, then.

Yes, you absolutely can use Beetrees when he's active.
#15 Posted: 22:58:30 18/11/2014
I'm such a nerd, I noticed a typo on the info screen for both new villains, Broccoli Guy and Tussle Sprout. Beautiful smilie
---
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#16 Posted: 16:58:26 19/11/2014
I always figured they did not want you to "Oops" and wipe out all your gems planting crops (since it is one click and done).
Bolder63 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#17 Posted: 19:26:58 19/11/2014
Are most of you playing on apple devices? I'm on an android tablet and got nothing this week no new sales on Tuesday or anything else. Noticed a lot of my friends list has gone 'dark', something seems off hmmm.
#18 Posted: 20:08:51 19/11/2014
Friends go dark when they are on a newer version than you. Try killing the process then opening the app. That usually triggers the update for me.
Bolder63 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#19 Posted: 21:37:44 19/11/2014
Force Stop Clear Data & Cache = Update! Thanks very much
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#20 Posted: 14:54:35 20/11/2014
Quote: Bolder63
Force Stop Clear Data & Cache = Update! Thanks very much
Well, that explains why my mgardn03 account can't visit anyone… still playing on a first gen iPad.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:37 20/11/2014 by Zeke_D
#21 Posted: 17:32:22 21/11/2014
I trapped Tussle Sprout yesterday, and I'm a little unclear on what she is supposed to be doing for me.

According to her description, I was expecting lots of trees and other "clear-able items" to appear. But after about 15 hours of her being active, I've had 1 large cactus, 1 bamboo, 1 bramble, and lots of mud puddles and small gravel piles. I'd call that less than average instead of more than average.

Has anyone else had better luck with her?
#22 Posted: 19:27:40 21/11/2014
New Deal, tessa back on sale, no discount.

First they did the discount adventure balloons, then they did the discount radiant fields.

Anyone else get the impression they're trying to entice us into spending our gem stash before the big Black Friday sales?

arkham I think I had a net of 3 big spooky trees and 1 small spooky tree pop up and I've got 16 hours left on him. Definitely lower tier impact as villains go (or villians as they spell it on their splash screens). Give me Wolfgang or Krankcase or Dreamcatcher
---
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#23 Posted: 20:29:52 21/11/2014
we used him and got 6 trees and 10 bamboos...that's more of the larger stuff for us. And the best part was 7 chests came out of it.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24 Posted: 20:36:28 21/11/2014
Anyone else get the impression they're trying to entice us into spending our gem stash before the big Black Friday sales?

Yep. No way I'd splurge on anything prior to next weekend (and likely continue to save until Christmas). Last Christmas they had a big companion sale, so I'm keeping that in mind. Maybe they won't do anything that big, but we won't know until then. I'd rather miss out on a pretty good deal now than spend gems and miss out on a great one for the holidays, but that's just me.
#25 Posted: 13:58:38 24/11/2014 | Topic Creator
New Deal, tessa back on sale, no discount.

First they did the discount adventure balloons, then they did the discount radiant fields.

arkham I think I had a net of 3 big spooky trees and 1 small spooky tree pop up and I've got 16 hours left on him. Definitely lower tier impact as villains go (or villians as they spell it on their splash screens). Give me Wolfgang or Krankcase or Dreamcatcher

Then there were the 50% dark houses and now the HQs. I think they always try to have some kind of sale going on. I passed on the dark houses as I don't need anymore, right now. I have all available dark Skylanders and since 2 of them are swappers, I'd rather use them elsewhere. Until they put in the Trap Team darks, I'm sticking with what I got. I did splurge and picked up a few HQs, though. They're only 100 gems and it gives something for my cores to do. I normally don't like them, and was fine with just one a piece just to have them, but I have plenty of gems and don't need anything else, so 100 gems a piece wasn't that big of a deal to me.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#26 Posted: 14:16:23 24/11/2014
I wonder whats the cap limit for HQ and Cadet houses ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me