Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Trap Team Series 3/4 reposes show up as Series 1 in Swap Force
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team Series 3/4 reposes show up as Series 1 in Swap Force [CLOSED]
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 14:57:48 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but I chose toys, since it relates to the toys.

So you may know that with Swap Force's Series 3 reposes, when you used them in Giants, they'd be recognized as Series 2, so you could use their old Wow-Pow and path switching.

Unfortunately, I can say this doesn't seem to be the case with Trap Team's Series 3/4 reposes in Swap Force.

I bought Full Blast Jet-Vac yesterday to use in older games, as I don't have Trap Team yet. I was expecting him to come up as Series 2 when I put him in Swap Force, but much to my surprise, he only came up as Series 1, which meant no old Wow-Pow and no path switching. I'm assuming this has probably got something to do with Swap Force's different coding, but still, what a disappointment. smilie

However, I thought that this needed to be shared, so no one else would be confused.
---
Purple dragon.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#2 Posted: 15:50:50 13/11/2014
What do they come up in giants as? You might be able to use giants to switch paths if they come up as series 2 there.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 16:01:20 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't know, but since it's Jet-Vac, I'm assuming Series 1 also. I don't have the new Gill Grunt to test in Giants, and I'm not planning to get it.
---
Purple dragon.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 17:10:34 13/11/2014
Yeah, it'll probably be Series 1 Special in Giants, at most, but it's not an excuse to be S1 in Swap Force(considering how VV likes to ignore SG and SSA, wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't be bothered). I'd be nice to test it out with Tidal Wave Gill Grunt, though, since he does have an S2 for Giants and a S3 for Swap Force.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 18:30:25 13/11/2014
Maybe it's because they had two different developers?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#6 Posted: 18:45:39 13/11/2014
The coding is a mess and I'm sure the developers don't care as you can play as least one version of the Skylander in past games. It's like a science experiment...pull out your series 1 Gill Grunt, series 2 Gill Grunt, special edition Gill Grunt, green Gill Grunt, Anchors Away Gill Grunt (series 3), and Tidal Wave Gill Grunt (series 4) and see what pops up with each in the 4 games. And does it really matter which series your new Gill a Grunt plays as in the older games?
#7 Posted: 19:18:21 13/11/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Maybe it's because they had two different developers?

TFB was nice and had coding for S3s in advance so they'd appear as Series 2 Special in Giants. Don't see why VV can't do the same, but again, SF shows that they don't mind outright ignoring the other two games.
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#8 Posted: 19:27:00 13/11/2014
s4 gill grunt shows up as s2 gill grunt in giants. Swap force has bad programing... heck s2 silver sprocket from best buy shows up as a s1 in swap force... and that's in its own game.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 20:13:51 13/11/2014
another slap in the face and #donewithskylanders!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#10 Posted: 20:16:57 13/11/2014
Think we're discussing IF the characters show up as X or Y and not if you'll stay in the fandom or not, CountMoneyBone.
---
#11 Posted: 20:30:17 13/11/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Another slap in the face? What did the game do to you such that you have to take things so personal? Very childish if you ask me. By all means, deregister your DarkSpyro forum account and focus on other things if you are done with Skylanders. No need to go to a fan forum to stink things up and complain...move onto something else that piques your interest.
#12 Posted: 20:31:07 13/11/2014
Apologies accepted. Not so much for the sarcasm.

Now, since Tidal Wave Gill Grunt is out, could anyone confirm how he shows up in SF? Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz also counts but he isn't out in as many places.
---
#13 Posted: 20:33:51 13/11/2014
Quote: mastermc54

Another slap in the face? What did the game do to you such that you have to take things so personal? Very childish if you ask me. By all means, deregister your DarkSpyro forum account and focus on other things if you are done with Skylanders. No need to go to a fan forum to stink things up and complain...move onto something else that piques your interest.

when you spend 800 dollars on a game it get serious, trust me...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#14 Posted: 20:34:48 13/11/2014
Yet you're still lurking here, complaining up a storm.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#15 Posted: 20:41:22 13/11/2014
Quote: mastermc54

when you spend 800 dollars on a game it get serious, trust me...

Poor investment on your part then. You only have yourself to blame. Good luck and make wiser decisions with your money in the future. I don't get the whole hashtag thing, but #cryingoverspilledmilk seems to apply to you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:10 13/11/2014 by mastermc54
#16 Posted: 21:05:52 13/11/2014
if you dont have anything reasonable to come with than complain about others here at the forums. i suggest you go outside and get some fresh air.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#17 Posted: 21:07:52 13/11/2014
I thought the Count stopped his moaning in every other thread when he got TT free, guess I was wrong. Perhaps its time for a mod to warn him, or ban him?
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 21:17:18 13/11/2014
if you dont have anything reasonable to come with than complain about others here at the forums. i suggest you go outside and get some fresh air.

Take your own advice.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#19 Posted: 22:16:43 13/11/2014

How? just because the old games get confused when reading the coding of new repose figures? they have different coding in order to produce the new upgrades, the old games were never programmed with that because it didnt exist, it cant figure it out so it gets defaulted to one it can understand.
You just love to be a little bundle of hate dont you?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#20 Posted: 05:27:23 15/11/2014
I really think count is trolling and being sarcastic.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#21 Posted: 05:40:30 15/11/2014
I can confirm that S4 gill grunt and s3 pop fizz both show up as S1 in swap force, I have both and tried them. (and any new repose will too) Swap force has a glitch that any thing that shows up as "rare" or "Special" loads as a S1 skylander, and all reposes load as Special in old game (excluding SSA).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#22 Posted: 21:43:56 17/11/2014
Not only that, but Springtime Trigger Happy, Dark Mega Ram Spyro and Dark Ninja Stealth Elf don't meet the criteria for series 3 portal master goals.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me